Pages:
Actions
  • #43701 by gguillo on 15 Nov 2017
  • He will probably get Dorial Green Beckham going to sign here

He's big on Solomon Thomas & Michael Dyer from what I hear.  He will probably sign them
  • #43702 by Hogs49ers on 15 Nov 2017
  • Could it be?? I like what I am seeing here! :)
  • #43703 by HOGINTENNESSEE on 15 Nov 2017
  • Not with the younger generation. He's probably not even the biggest name out of work coach out there right now. Way more kids know who Les Miles is.

Everyone recognizes him from his 1000 commercials and Monday night football.

Its absurd to think more kids recognize Les Miles over the Monday Night football guy.

If you are outside the SEC footprint very few could recognize Les Miles. Gruden is nationwide
  • #43704 by clutch on 15 Nov 2017
  • Everyone recognizes him from his 1000 commercials and Monday night football.

Its absurd to think more kids recognize Les Miles over the Monday Night football guy.

If you are outside the SEC footprint very few could recognize Les Miles. Gruden is nationwide

I'm just going by the 50+ high school football players that I'm around daily. They pay 0 attention to announcers, but they know who the crazy LSU coach was. You'd be surprised how little football high school football players watch. They have better things to do, and usually the last thing they want to do after getting out of a long Monday full of football practice is to go home and watch more football
  • #43705 by Hawg Life on 15 Nov 2017
  • At least Tennessee dreams BIG!!! We want a retread!!
  • #43706 by Bubba's Bruisers on 15 Nov 2017
  • Who do you recommend we hire?
  • #43707 by HogPharmer on 15 Nov 2017
  • As has been asked a million times on here, what makes Gruden a BIG hire?
  • #43708 by hotdog hog on 15 Nov 2017
    How much recruiting has he done? That's the name of the game now.
  • #43709 by Hawginj on 15 Nov 2017
  • Norvell, Campbell, Frost, Wilson, Brown, Venables,  are all great options.
  • #43710 by King Kong on 15 Nov 2017
  • Norvell, Campbell, Frost, Wilson, Brown, Venables,  are all great options.

Campbell is not an option for anyone that buyout is huge.
  • #43711 by Hawg Life on 15 Nov 2017
  • Who do you recommend we hire?

Mike Norvell. We won’t be able to get top 10 recruiting classes and go 8-5. If Gus averages 8 wins with top 10 talent what makes you think he’d average 7 wins here, he won’t. Gus is where he belongs. Norvell is only 36, just recruited the highest class ever @ Memphis, and we’re moving forward. Norvell doesn’t have the baggage.
  • #43712 by Bubba's Bruisers on 15 Nov 2017
  • Mike Norvell. We won’t be able to get top 10 recruiting classes and go 8-5. If Gus averages 8 wins with top 10 talent what makes you think he’d average 7 wins here, he won’t. Gus is where he belongs. Norvell is only 36, just recruited the highest class ever @ Memphis, and we’re moving forward. Norvell doesn’t have the baggage.

So you're suggesting that dreaming big equals Norvell?
  • #43713 by Bob Slydell on 15 Nov 2017
  • Mike Norvell. We won’t be able to get top 10 recruiting classes and go 8-5. If Gus averages 8 wins with top 10 talent what makes you think he’d average 7 wins here, he won’t. Gus is where he belongs. Norvell is only 36, just recruited the highest class ever @ Memphis, and we’re moving forward. Norvell doesn’t have the baggage.

Apparently because he beat Georgia and had some miracle finishes in his first season at Auburn.  I've been told he isn't mediocre because of those two things.   ::)
  • #43714 by Hawginj on 15 Nov 2017
  • Campbell is not an option for anyone that buyout is huge.
    if rumors are true and we are offering Gus 6.4 million a year then we can afford the buyout
  • #43715 by johnny cash on 15 Nov 2017
  • Get ready for Kiffen.
  • #43716 by Hawginj on 15 Nov 2017
  • So you're suggesting that dreaming big equals Norvell?
    He could very well be the lighting rod we have been needing.
  • #43717 by Hawginj on 15 Nov 2017
  • Get ready for Kiffen.
    I wouldn't be mad at it he can recruit.
  • #43718 by Hawg Life on 15 Nov 2017
  • So you're suggesting that dreaming big equals Norvell?

No, but apparently many of you dream of Gus. Norvell is the perfect fit for us. I don’t have a dream hire or at least a realistic dream hire.
  • #43719 by PorkSoda on 15 Nov 2017
  • Get ready for Kiffen.
    talk about reaching for a re tread.  has he had any success whatsoever?
  • #43720 by Bubba's Bruisers on 15 Nov 2017
  • He could very well be the lighting rod we have been needing.

I'm sure many could be that lighting rod.  I'm just surprised that dreaming big for us equals Norvell. 
  • #43721 by Pig in the Pokey on 15 Nov 2017
  • As has been asked a million times on here, what makes Gruden a BIG hire?
    What made Pete Carroll a good hire?
  • #43722 by PorkSoda on 15 Nov 2017
  • I'm thinking we go with Kevin Kelley.  that there is a true innovator.
  • #43723 by Bubba's Bruisers on 15 Nov 2017
  • No, but apparently many of you dream of Gus. Norvell is the perfect fit for us. I don’t have a dream hire or at least a realistic dream hire.

I don't dream of Gus.
  • #43724 by Hawg Life on 15 Nov 2017
  • if rumors are true and we are offering Gus 6.4 million a year then we can afford the buyout

Tennessee has Grumors, we dream of mediocrity which is what Gus will bring.
  • #43725 by Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on 15 Nov 2017
  • Some folks that had influence on today’s news will likely have influence on the primary candidate for HC.
  • #43726 by RaisinHog on 15 Nov 2017
  • I don't understand why u wouldn't be happy with Gus he has been too a national title game .. none of those other Yahoo's have
  • #43727 by Hawg Life on 15 Nov 2017
  • Some folks that had influence on today’s news will likely have influence on the primary candidate for HC.

Jeff Long fired himself and got a $4.5 million dollar golden parachute.. that’s winning, not losing.
  • #43728 by HogPharmer on 15 Nov 2017
  • I'm thinking we go with Kevin Kelley.  that there is a true innovator.

Bama would love it if we never punted.
  • #43729 by Hawginj on 15 Nov 2017
  • I'm sure many could be that lighting rod.  I'm just surprised that dreaming big for us equals Norvell.
    why? Is it that hard to believe hes a good fit. I believe his offense would give opponets fits. His defense hasnt been great but they give up less points than we do and have been very good at causing turnovers.
  • #43730 by Hawginj on 15 Nov 2017
  • Tennessee has Grumors, we dream of mediocrity which is what Gus will bring.
    I believe you are correct
  • #43731 by Hawg Life on 15 Nov 2017
  • I don't understand why u wouldn't be happy with Gus he has been too a national title game .. none of those other Yahoo's have

I want consistent success not a one off. They’ve finished in the top 10 in recruiting every year, and average 8 wins. That includes Cam (who they paid $180k) who wouldn’t have come here, and Stidham a preseason Heisman candidate who wouldn’t have come here either.
  • #43732 by Scott7703 on 15 Nov 2017
  • Gruden isn't going to Tennessee.
  • #43733 by Hawginj on 15 Nov 2017
    Kiffin has, Venables has, Gus went with Chizik then went with Chiziks players.so there's that.
  • #43734 by Bubba's Bruisers on 15 Nov 2017
  • why? Is it that hard to believe hes a good fit. I believe his offense would give opponets fits. His defense hasnt been great but they give up less points than we do and have been very good at causing turnovers.

Don't misunderstand.  I have no problem with your boy.  I'm just surprised that he's considered a dream hire at this point.
  • #43735 by HogPharmer on 15 Nov 2017

So we’re gonna put our hopes on one opposing team tipping a Hail Mary into the air and us running into the ball catching it to score a last second touchdown AND on Bama missing a 50-something yard field goal which we return 100 yards to win the game to get us to a NC? Sound logic.
  • #43736 by Hawginj on 15 Nov 2017
  • Don't misunderstand.  I have no problem with your boy.  I'm just surprised that he's considered a dream hire at this point.
    I can see that I didn t think much about it either until I started digging into it.
  • #43737 by HoggyCat on 15 Nov 2017

But Norvell took over a winning G5 program. A little different than walking into the SECW with a depleted Arkansas roster.
  • #43738 by Hawg Life on 15 Nov 2017
  • But Norvell took over a winning G5 program. A little different than walking into the SECW with a depleted Arkansas roster.

14 players Norvell recruited are starters, including Ferguson. He lost a 1st round QB that was Fuente’s QB. Fuente went to Arizona State to study Norvell’s offense after he took the Va.Tech job. Spend some time and see that Graham who was HC over both Gus & Norvell as coordinators say that Norvell was the best coach he’s ever seen. Norvell is best for us now..
  • #43739 by Queen Hog on 15 Nov 2017
  • Mark Richt. 
  • #43740 by Captain Morgan on 16 Nov 2017
  • I'm just going by the 50+ high school football players that I'm around daily. They pay 0 attention to announcers, but they know who the crazy LSU coach was. You'd be surprised how little football high school football players watch. They have better things to do, and usually the last thing they want to do after getting out of a long Monday full of football practice is to go home and watch more football

Gruden is a TV star... I don't get the hype
  • #43741 by Sportsguy on 16 Nov 2017
  • Mark Richt.

Richt is coaching at his alma mater. Might as well go ahead and say Lincoln Riley, Jim Harbaugh or Dabo Swinney while you're at it. lol
  • #43742 by Broadway Rob on 16 Nov 2017

Gruden hasn't coach in college in 27 years, should be fine.
  • #43743 by jbcarol on 16 Nov 2017
  •  AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports
    16h16 hours ago

Jon Gruden on Tennessee rumors: 'You never say never to nothing'
  • #43744 by jbcarol on 16 Nov 2017
  •  Ross Dellenger‏Verified account @RossDellenger
    11h11 hours ago

Orgeron live questioner: "Tennessee is an ancient Indian word. It means. 'John Gruden is gonna be our next coach.'"
  • #43745 by lilRockNDubb on 16 Nov 2017
  • Titans yes.. Volunteers.. no.
  • #43746 by jnhogs on 16 Nov 2017
  • Tennessee's pursuit of Gruden may be heating up, as school officials reported flew into Tampa to try to woo him.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5810723-jon-gruden-s-latest-interview-should-drive-tennessee-fans-crazy?a_aid=41091
  • #43747 by Bob Slydell on 16 Nov 2017
  • Tenner fans will probably be crushed again.
  • #43748 by navyhog24 on 16 Nov 2017
  • Supposedly was offered a 7 year, $71M deal by Tennesee
  • #43749 by Jackrabbit Hog on 16 Nov 2017
  • Yes, this is for real.  Tennessee honestly thinks that they can get him to come be their coach.  In fairness, he does have several ties to the program and the area, plus his future at ESPN can't be as secure as it was a few years ago, given all the cuts and lay-offs. 
  • #43750 by SooieGeneris on 16 Nov 2017
  • Gruden would fare about as well in college as Spurrier and Kelly did in the NFL IMO. He has made comments numerous times about his disdain for the NCAA rulebook. If they want to hire him, they better be prepared to open up the vault, also..
Pages:
Actions