Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL from Nashville: Kentucky 44, Vanderbilt 21

Started by jbcarol, November 11, 2017, 02:04:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

November 11, 2017, 02:04:21 pm Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:29:24 pm by jbcarol
 Adam Sparks‏ @AdamSparks

Vanderbilt football players focus on bowl eligibility; Derek Mason keys on 'winning days' http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2017/11/08/vanderbilt-football-bowl-eligibility-players-minds-but-not-derek-masons/840721001/ ... via @tennessean

QuoteIf his team becoming bowl eligible is high on Derek Mason's list of priorities the Vanderbilt coach is doing a good job of hiding it.

It's late in the regular season with the Commodores (4-5, 0-5 SEC) preparing for their 10th game Saturday at home against Kentucky (6-3, 3-3), but Mason insists the last thing on his mind is the postseason.

"Coming into the season (bowl eligibility) was a goal, but that was it," Mason said. "As you get into the season you adapt and adjust. Right now I'm just worried about winning days. I come into (the weekly press conference) on Tuesday because I'm told to. I come in, I speak to exactly what I have to speak to, and that's it."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Joe Mussatto‏Verified account @joe_mussatto

Benny Snell needs two more rushing touchdowns to break the all-time Kentucky record.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

31s31 seconds ago

Benny Snell has crossed the 2,000-yard mark for his career. He needs 103 yards today for back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. No UK player has ever done that.

jbcarol

2m2 minutes ago

Crowd has filled in some since the anthem. Lot of blue.

jbcarol

58s58 seconds ago

Kentucky is going to reach four SEC wins in back-to-back seasons. The Cats will move to 7-3.

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Not Jerry Tipton‏ @NotJerryTipton
25m25 minutes ago

Road wins by the Kentucky football team:

2010 - 1
2011 - 0
2012 - 0
2013 - 0
2014 - 0
2015 - 1
2016 - 2
2017 - 3