Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch the Mississippi State game on CBS

Started by dsims2k3, January 14, 2017, 12:48:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

discombobulationist

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 14, 2017, 12:48:06 pm
That was good team that beat us and they will  get even better.

Yep, can't hope to win against a team like that, you just want to try to keep it close. We'll not play a tougher team this year. Missouri is a close second.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 14, 2017, 02:20:25 pm
MSU is 5-18 from 3-pt range today. I am sure they just got lucky against Arkansas.
Nah, they got comfortable and open shots against Arkansas. If you know that a team is a 3 point shooting team get up in their grill and make them drive.

I call it like I see it.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

dsims2k3

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 14, 2017, 07:13:46 pm
Nah, they got comfortable and open shots against Arkansas. If you know that a team is a 3 point shooting team get up in their grill and make them drive.

I call it like I see it.

Yep. They got suck in too far in helping on defense. Great  effort but taking  bad angles. They have to be better at staying in front of their  man.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 14, 2017, 07:20:46 pm
Yep. They got suck in too far in helping on defense. Great  effort but taking  bad angles. They have to be better at staying in front of their  man.
But they do it every game, no matter the opponent.  It works against the lesser teams, but some of these teams will make you pay.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 14, 2017, 07:20:46 pm
They have to get smarter. They have to know when to double the post and when not to. When to help off of somebody and when not to. Who to help off of and who not to. I get so tired of them doubling the post when their is no mismatch in turn leaving someone open that can shoot.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 14, 2017, 07:34:56 pm
They have to get smarter. They have to know when to double the post and when not to. When to help off of somebody and when not to. Who to help off of and who not to. I get so tired of them doubling the post when their is no mismatch in turn leaving someone open that can shoot.

Well said.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 14, 2017, 07:34:56 pm

Yeah. They need some coaching.

root_hawg

Shouldn't lose but 2 more games till the tourney...otherwise they are underperforming

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 14, 2017, 08:03:29 pm
Yeah. They need some coaching.
I knew the haters would come out eventually...You don't have to play organized basketball to know how do those things. That's on the players to communicate that when they're on the court.

The only time he can communicate that is before the game and during a timeout. Still doesn't mean they wont have a mental breakdown every once in a while. No matter what they will still mess up from time to time.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: root_hawg on January 14, 2017, 08:55:50 pm
Shouldn't lose but 2 more games till the tourney...otherwise they are underperforming
Wow! Don't you think your expectations are a little unrealistic? Let's see if Jeff Long agrees with that.