Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch the Mississippi State game on CBS

Started by dsims2k3, January 14, 2017, 12:48:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

That was good team that beat us and they will  get even better.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

PonderinHog

They did finally score at the fifteen minute mark and proceeded to take the lead.  Why couldn't they be that flat against us?

PonderinHog

Georgia up three at Florida. 5 minutes left.

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

lynbug

Yeah,watching the Ga/Fl game.  Just an observation but it seems that most of the teams are getting better.......except us.....and maybe Mizzou.   Maybe tonight's game will be a W, but I'm not counting on it.  I will have my nerves of steel cap on.

YtownHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 14, 2017, 12:50:57 pm
They did finally score at the fifteen minute mark and proceeded to take the lead.  Why couldn't they be that flat against us?

Flat? They had a hand in their face in every shot and weren't getting wide open looks. It's what defense does to a team.

On the flip side A&M went about as long without a bucket. Not overly impressed with them either.

PonderinHog

Fl/Ga tied with less than two minutes to go. 65-65

PonderinHog

Quote from: YtownHog on January 14, 2017, 12:58:36 pm
Flat? They had a hand in their face in every shot and weren't getting wide open looks. It's what defense does to a team.

On the flip side A&M went about as long without a bucket. Not overly impressed with them either.
Yeah, flat.

hogwood

I was really surprised they lost all those games in the non-con. They have a good roster even though they are young. Howland will bring them back to relevancy and more, no doubt. The SEC will be getting stronger, with or without us.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogwood on January 14, 2017, 01:05:57 pm
I was really surprised they lost all those games in the non-con. They have a good roster even though they are young. Howland will bring them back to relevancy and more, no doubt. The SEC will be getting stronger, with or without us.
I think Weatherspoon was hurt and out during those losses.

hogwood

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 14, 2017, 01:07:13 pm
I think Weatherspoon was hurt and out during those losses.

Ok well that would hurt.

One guy I really like on their team is Mario Kegler. I liked his game as a recruit. I think he has a lot of potential. I wouldn't doubt if he's an All-SEC player one day.

hawginbigd1

Oh yeah that MSU team looks great! I am sure they are FF worthy SMDH!

PonderinHog

Florida getting the home cooking with 6.5 seconds left, tied and at the line to take a one point lead.

PonderinHog

deserthog

Biggus Piggus

Texas A&M is staying with MSU in Starkville. Aggies look better than we did.
[CENSORED]!

HogBreath

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 14, 2017, 01:43:53 pm
Sounds like the Aggies just got lucky and caught Miss. State, who according to some, are about to reach Duke level greatness, a little bit flat.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Biggus Piggus

LOL! Keep making excuses. Arkansas was unprepared for its game against MSU and was outcoached. We underperformed. Plain as day. MSU is a modestly talented team. aTm has hardly any guards and is defending far better. They even benched one of their starting guards for a half.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

No way aTm can win this game because of a lack of guards, but they have led several times in the second half. We never caught up at all, and we were at home. I wonder if our team finds vacant BWA depressing.
[CENSORED]!

Letsroll1200

Miss State can make shots and their bigs can finish through contact. Our big man can't do ...

Biggus Piggus

The Ags have a bunch of big men. Their coach signed too many. If they had a couple of guards, they would be strong.
[CENSORED]!

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 14, 2017, 02:09:39 pm
Miss State can make shots and their bigs can finish through contact. Our big man can't do ...

Letsroll1200

They paid Malik Newman. I wonder how much State is paying for these recruits.

hogman99

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 14, 2017, 01:43:53 pm

Not hard to look better than the Hogs

PonderinHog

HogBreath

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 14, 2017, 02:09:39 pm
Which is really surprising, because everyone knows how great our staff is at developing our players.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Biggus Piggus

MSU is 5-18 from 3-pt range today. I am sure they just got lucky against Arkansas.
[CENSORED]!

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 14, 2017, 02:20:25 pm
MSU is 5-18 from 3-pt range today. I am sure they just got lucky against Arkansas.
Our defense just completely sucks.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

WilsonHog

Somebody needs to remind State that Ben Howland has only been there two years. Way too fast to start turning the Bullies around. That'll take another four or five years, at least.

Dominicanhog

thought Mike said his D was bad and the kids did not fight through screens leaving open looks, even though that is what they had talked about coming into the game...

hogman99

After watching 4 games today already, it is very apparent how much CMA is behind these coaches. Those teams are prepared and disciplined so much more.  :-\

deserthog

Hope we pack BWA tonight like Miss. State did.

HogBreath

Yeah, that's it, just lucky.  Kinda like the Auburn team last season, they hadn't scored over 50 points in a game in almost 9 years, but that nite, they really lit it up.  Seems like one of their guys, it was maybe his first game, he couldn't miss.  I have no idea why that happens to us so often.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogman99 on January 14, 2017, 02:24:44 pm
After watching 4 games today already, it is very apparent how much CMA is behind these coaches. Those teams are prepared and disciplined so much more.  :-\

Yes, I am tired of our primitive brand of hoop.
[CENSORED]!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HogBreath on January 14, 2017, 02:28:44 pm
Yeah, that's it, just lucky.  Kinda like the Auburn team last season, they hadn't scored over 50 points in a game in almost 9 years, but that nite, they really lit it up.  Seems like one of their guys, it was maybe his first game, he couldn't miss.  I have no idea why that happens to us so often.

You talking football or basketball?

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: HogBreath on January 14, 2017, 02:28:44 pm
Especially since we cover them when they get off the damn bus.
Curious!

Pig Worshipper

HogBreath

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 14, 2017, 02:31:13 pm
You talking football or basketball?
Unlike some youngsters, I only talk basketball in the jump ball forum, and leave Coach Bulimia and such for MMQB.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 14, 2017, 02:33:14 pm
Is there any difference?

well he did say they had not scored 50 and then lit us up... and some first year player looks like an AA against us.. I wasn't sure...

hawgfan4life

MSU made a lot of shots against AR with defenders in their face jumping hands up.  Truth is several were not good shots because they were being defended so well.  Lots of long rebounds and fluke calls went their way.  We weren't sharp as we could have been but weren't playing that badly.  MSU flat out balled and won.  They are playing very well right now.  AR must learn how to bring intensity every game but they probably overlooked MSU just like all the experts on here that kept saying how bad MSU was and counting it as a win.

Letsroll1200

State has a NBA player on their roster and Arkansas doesn't. That team will beat Arkansas 7  out 10 times. Their talented and their big guys play like big guys.

HogBreath

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 14, 2017, 02:41:34 pm
MSU made a lot of shots against AR with defenders in their face jumping hands up.  Truth is several were not good shots because they were being defended so well.  Lots of long rebounds and fluke calls went their way.  We weren't sharp as we could have been but weren't playing that badly.  MSU flat out balled and won.  They are playing very well right now.  AR must learn how to bring intensity every game but they probably overlooked MSU just like all the experts on here that kept saying how bad MSU was and counting it as a win.
And easy to see why we would have overlooked State, they only beat us 78 to 46 in our most recent game.

HoopS

I could have sworn Kennedy was the bestest coach ever. Last year we sure as heck told he was great. I said they'd miss House and Caruso. I was told nah, he was a great recruiter. No excuses, Aggies. You lost to MSU. Your coach should be fired.

HogBreath

Quote from: HoopS on January 14, 2017, 03:29:10 pm
I could have sworn Kennedy was the bestest coach ever. Last year we sure as heck told he was great. I said they'd miss House and Caruso. I was told nah, he was a great recruiter. No excuses, Aggies. You lost to MSU. Your coach should be fired.
Looks like you were right about those Aggies...no doubt about it!  +100!

daprospecta

Great coaching can only get you so far. Look at Oklahoma now without Buddy.  Players can also make a good coach look great as well.

hogwood

The Aggies are well coached and well recruited. They lost some players but shouldn't be 0-4 IMO. Judging by their recruiting, they will be back. But if they start off next season like Mike has this year, I'm sure they'll be having talks of firing Kennedy as well.

Razorod

It's not either/or but both/and. You need both good players and good coaches.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HoopS

Quote from: hogwood on January 14, 2017, 04:10:00 pm
The Aggies are well coached and well recruited. They lost some players but shouldn't be 0-4 IMO. Judging by their recruiting, they will be back. But if they start off next season like Mike has this year, I'm sure they'll be having talks of firing Kennedy as well.
last year people swore he was great. Just great. He reached a similar level MA reached but a year later. But to our fans, he was doing better. And he lost some key cogs like we did and well, he's all the sudden *not* the best thing since sliced bread. You don't lose guys like Portis or House and not feel it. But some didn't want to hear it.

PonderinHog

Texas beating West Virginia would help, but it ain't likely.