Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haney: Coaches think possible NCAA sanctions will cost Hugh Freeze his job

Started by jbcarol, January 13, 2017, 11:08:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2017, 02:23:02 pm
So, let me ask this, if the Hogs jump up suddenly and have a to 5 recruiting class will you guys be on here talking about how they must have cheated? That's what you do when anyone other than Bama or Ohio St has a great class.
to be brutally honest, if next year the Hogs signed the number 3 class in the nation and it wasnt because Arkansas high school football had some crazy year where there were like 8 or 10 4 star recruits and a 5 star, then I would wonder what in Hades is going on.  Ole Miss wasnt just getting Mississippi talent. They have been getting guys from all over the country.  That receiver Stringfellow is from Washington state for chrissakes.  They had a commitment from some lineman from Michigan before Harbaugh came in and flipped him.  Just too much out of the ordinary stuff going on and OM just shot to the upper levels of national recruiting in just a year or 2.  If Arkansas started getting linemen from Ohio or Michigan and 6'4" 220lb receivers from Washington state and the #1 pro style QB recruit in the nation (Shea Patterson from Louisiana went to Ole Miss and not LSU), then it would look kinda fishy.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 13, 2017, 06:31:36 pm
When a company doesn't perform and high level employees get caught then sometimes the CEO also gets fired. I'd bet he did know about payments though. I live in Memphis and unless you are talking to an old misses fan then everyone else says he is a wolf in sheep clothing and a cheater.
Obviously I live in Memphis as well and have you noticed how most all Rebel fans just think that Freeze is that good of a recruiter?  I had one of my Rebel friends tell me with a straight face that the mothers of these recruits just love Hugh Freeze and they trust him to look out for their boy.  I mean these fans have really partaken of the proverbial Kool Aid and for the longest time, they kept saying the investigation was for incidents before Freeze got there but when that was shown to be wrong, they just dont want to hear it.  Its really kinda funny to debate with them and see how convinced they are that everything is on the up and up.

Things might have changed in the past few months but I know it was that way for the longest time even after the NCAA announced they were investigating the Rebels.

jneal56

"At least we are moral"

hogcard1964

They were supposed to get hit with sanctions that would have rivaled the death penalty SMU received.  Nothing happened to them and nothing will.  They've skated again.

grayhawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 13, 2017, 07:36:10 pm
They were supposed to get hit with sanctions that would have rivaled the death penalty SMU received.  Nothing happened to them and nothing will.  They've skated again.
Wait until summer, if no new investigation into the program.

passinghog

Many say they don't believe it, but think about this. When has a coach that in charge of a program found guilty major NCAA violations NOT been fired or asked to step down? The only name you could is Pete Carroll, but he left a year before the s@!t hit the fam. It's usually not immediate, but he won't last through this.

hogcard1964

Quote from: grayhawg on January 13, 2017, 07:45:47 pm
Wait until summer, if no new investigation into the program.

Why wouldn't they try to save face and recruits and can him now?

grayhawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 13, 2017, 08:00:13 pm
Why wouldn't they try to save face and recruits and can him now?
Waiting on the NCAA, Freeze may survive but Ole Miss is going to get hammered is the consensus with Coaches from this weeks meetings.

hogcard1964

Quote from: grayhawg on January 13, 2017, 08:02:23 pm
Waiting on the NCAA, Freeze may survive but Ole Miss is going to get hammered is the consensus with Coaches from this weeks meetings.

No chance. Stop getting your hopes up.

Sivad

Hope Freeze gets (his prediction) nailed to the cross.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: grayhawg on January 13, 2017, 08:02:23 pm

There will probably be sanctions.

Prediction:  you will see another story like this before national signing day. "Some coaches" are recruiting against one another.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

grayhawg

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 14, 2017, 10:19:49 am

Prediction:  you will see another story like this before national signing day. "Some coaches" are recruiting against one another.
Yeah, we will probably see more than one.

King Kong

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 14, 2017, 10:19:49 am

No probably. There will be more sanctions. Agree there will be another story by signing day. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA made the sanctions know the week of signing day.

NCAA is still pissed at Ole Miss for leaking lies to the media last year before signing day saying all deeds against Ole Miss were prior to Huge Freeze and all the big one weren't against the Football Team.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2017, 03:26:41 pm
keep it real; you agree with Guv all the time :p

Damn man!  That's a low cut given GR's "love" for Guv! ;-)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 13, 2017, 08:04:36 pm
No chance. Stop getting your hopes up.
you are the most ill informed poster, scratch that, PERSON I have ran into in a long time. Are you just trollin? You cant possibly believe what you post.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 13, 2017, 07:31:15 pm
Obviously I live in Memphis as well and have you noticed how most all Rebel fans just think that Freeze is that good of a recruiter?  I had one of my Rebel friends tell me with a straight face that the mothers of these recruits just love Hugh Freeze and they trust him to look out for their boy.  I mean these fans have really partaken of the proverbial Kool Aid and for the longest time, they kept saying the investigation was for incidents before Freeze got there but when that was shown to be wrong, they just dont want to hear it.  Its really kinda funny to debate with them and see how convinced they are that everything is on the up and up.

Things might have changed in the past few months but I know it was that way for the longest time even after the NCAA announced they were investigating the Rebels.

My Brother In Laws daughter is a Professor at old misses and likes sports as she herself was a college athlete. It is very interesting to hear her talk about the football program down there. Let's just say she knows some of them shouldn't be on campus or at least ineligible.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HamSammich

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 14, 2017, 12:50:39 pm
My Brother In Laws daughter is a Professor at old misses and likes sports as she herself was a college athlete. It is very interesting to hear her talk about the football program down there. Let's just say she knows some of them shouldn't be on campus or at least ineligible.

Buff

younghog

Quote from: HamSammich on January 13, 2017, 12:35:48 pm
This affects the hogs. Ole miss is secretly trying to land a huge name. The rumors have been out there for a week.

HOGWASH

Quote from: Buff on January 14, 2017, 01:59:21 pm
I haven't seen your mother mentioned in this thread.  Lighten up.

Learn how to Stay CLASSY my friend..
GO HOGS

Potosihog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on January 13, 2017, 07:31:15 pm

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still" Dale Carnegie

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HamSammich on January 14, 2017, 01:46:04 pm

She has some in her class. Make fun all you want but she knows what happens in athletics. Especially football and basketball.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi