Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Miss State DC

Started by Hogfan46, January 11, 2017, 10:34:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfan46

Being report that Todd Grantham from Louisville is moving to be DC at Miss State.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

younghog

Yeah I posted that on another thread...

SEC is coming in HARD on the D side.
GO HOGS

SDZ_Hog

So MSU is paying more than 1.3 millon for a DC or is this more than money?

ricepig

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on January 11, 2017, 10:42:16 am
So MSU is paying more than 1.3 millon for a DC or is this more than money?

That will be interesting to find out, if they are, the cost of business just went up again. You expect the top 5 to pay $1M+, the rest of us haven't gone down that road, or rhoad.....

longpig

Harley Bob may have a dumpster fire smoldering. 

Again
Don't be scared, be smart.

Tusks

So the SECW competition is upgrading.  Sometimes the desire to win moves so fast it just messes ya up.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Calling All Hogs

They knew they had to upgrade when they saw we were able to score on them in the second half.

Shocktheman

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 11, 2017, 11:06:15 am
They knew they had to upgrade when they saw we were able to score on them in the second half.

virtual +1

ricepig

younghog

GO HOGS

Dwight_K_Shrute

I have to doubt the veracity of this report.  Everyone knows that coaching changes do not happen until after the coaches convention.  If Mullen did want Grantham he is a fool for doing it so quickly.  First you have to let someone else try to hire and then if they don't you hire them.  Common knowledge.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

justin Wilcox D/C wisconsin interviewed for Cal HC job so they may also be in the mix for a new D/C. wouldn't have minded having him either as our D/C
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoggish1

Quote from: code red on January 11, 2017, 10:35:25 am
Freaking....yikes!!!

Yikes for what.  The guy coaches a sieve...  Yippy!

The_Boot_stops_here

MSU just big d!cked Arkansas

code red

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 11, 2017, 11:53:40 am
Yikes for what.  The guy coaches a sieve...  Yippy!
He has had success...and like us.....how much worse could States defense get??  Its a dang fine hire for State.  I would argue Paul Rhodes is just as underwhelming.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bacon_Bitz

hogfan14

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 11, 2017, 11:58:00 am

The guy coached the worst Georgia defense in school history and then took over for Charlie Strong's #1 ranked defense.

He may be good but he's had mixed results on both ends of the spectrum

code red

Quote from: longpig on January 11, 2017, 10:56:32 am

Again
109-43    71.7%

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 11, 2017, 11:37:49 am
I have to doubt the veracity of this report.  Everyone knows that coaching changes do not happen until after the coaches convention.  If Mullen did want Grantham he is a fool for doing it so quickly.  First you have to let someone else try to hire and then if they don't you hire them.  Common knowledge.

Coaches Convention ended yesterday

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 11, 2017, 11:58:00 am

He is a good coach. But this ain't like hiring John Chavis or Aranda

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: hogfan14 on January 11, 2017, 12:17:05 pm
The guy coached the worst Georgia defense in school history and then took over for Charlie Strong's #1 ranked defense.

He may be good but he's had mixed results on both ends of the spectrum

23rd, 3rd, 27th and 45th.  Georgia's D rankings while Grantham was the DC.  Pretty solid. Its also pretty impressive that they moved quickly and with conviction.  We're still waiting.

colbs

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 11, 2017, 12:23:02 pm
23rd, 3rd, 27th and 45th.  Georgia's D rankings while Grantham was the DC.  Pretty solid. Its also pretty impressive that they moved quickly and with conviction.  We're still waiting.
I think they have someone already but probably have to wait until the RS hire to Minnesota is final.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2017, 12:21:55 pm
He is a good coach. But this ain't like hiring John Chavis or Aranda

for MSU it is.  I mean, they fired their guy and went took who they wanted from a top 20 program all in 1 day.  Mullen handled his business quite impressively in my opinion.

onebadrubi

Quote from: code red on January 11, 2017, 12:18:25 pm
109-43    71.7%

But it must be noted he has issues holding assistants. Or do we only say that if it might be a bash for Bielema?  I can't keep up with all the unwritten rules

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: colbs on January 11, 2017, 12:25:02 pm
I think they have someone already but probably have to wait until the RS hire to Minnesota is final.

I'm well aware.  I'm just impressed with what Mullen just did

longpig

Lol they traded

"Louisville: Mississippi State defensive coordinator Peter Sirmon will take the same role at Louisville, according to multiple reports. So it's a swap of defensive coordinators between the schools. Sirmon spent one year at Mississippi State and previously worked at USC. In addition, former Fresno State defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward will join the Louisville staff as defensive backs coach, according to Scout.com. Ward spent one year at Fresno and previously worked at South Carolina. He worked with Bobby Petrino at Arkansas"

- Ticker
Don't be scared, be smart.

factchecker

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 11, 2017, 12:25:07 pm
for MSU it is.  I mean, they fired their guy and went took who they wanted from a top 20 program all in 1 day.  Mullen handled his business quite impressively in my opinion.

Grantham has been shopping since the end of last season.  He was not happy at Louisville.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 11, 2017, 12:25:56 pm
I'm well aware.  I'm just impressed with what Mullen just did

So easily impressed by the coaches of other teams, so unimpressed by CBB. What a schtick. You are a sad sack of a fan.

factchecker

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 11, 2017, 12:34:42 pm
So easily impressed by the coaches of other teams, so unimpressed by CBB. What a schtick. You are a sad sack of a fan.

Really wish somebody would have posted that we were hiring Grantham.  Would be interesting to see their reactions.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2017, 12:20:57 pm
Coaches Convention ended yesterday

Well dam why haven't we hired anyone yet?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 11, 2017, 12:34:42 pm

no schtick.  I call it like I see it.  I don't think Paul Rhoades is a bad hire, by the way.  But this process was handled very impressively by MSU.  Oh, and you suck too. 

code red

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2017, 12:25:39 pm
But it must be noted he has issues holding assistants. Or do we only say that if it might be a bash for Bielema?  I can't keep up with all the unwritten rules
I don't know what your talking about.....I am talking about winning....football games.  To heck with the rest.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 11, 2017, 12:41:04 pm

Well I think it's because technically Smith is still our DC until he is officially announced by Minn

Wildhog

Remember when we hired Segrest? 

It took like a month and a half.  CBB kept saying that he was waiting for Bowl season to be over and for NFL teams to be done before hiring his DL coach.  Then he goes and gets the DL coach from Samford that had never recruited an FBS player in his life.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

colbs

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 12:35:39 pm
Really wish somebody would have posted that we were hiring Grantham.  Would be interesting to see their reactions.
Some would have been complained.

colbs

Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2017, 12:51:02 pm
Remember when we hired Segrest? 

It took like a month and a half.  CBB kept saying that he was waiting for Bowl season to be over and for NFL teams to be done before hiring his DL coach.  Then he goes and gets the DL coach from Samford that had never recruited an FBS player in his life.
I think the new DC will be named pretty quick after the formal announcement of RS to Minnesota.  The other coaches that leave will be replaced after signing day probably.  BB seems to wait a long time to hire assistants.

tophawg19

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2017, 12:25:39 pm
frankly it's starting to look like most coaches have trouble holding onto assistants . some odd hires in this seasons merry go round
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

NaturalStateReb

State's defense has been a bit of a problem for the past couple of seasons.  Even during the 2014 season when they won 10 games and went to the Orange Bowl, State's defense gave up a fair number of points.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 11, 2017, 12:41:10 pm
no schtick.  I call it like I see it.  I don't think Paul Rhoades is a bad hire, by the way.  But this process was handled very impressively by MSU.  Oh, and you suck too.

You are easily impressed I guess.

holeinthewall

Is this like wife swap?  They get to swap back if they don't like it?

Redhogs

Quote from: longpig on January 11, 2017, 10:56:32 am

Again
Then Bert may have a dumpster fire smoldering using your logic of DC's leaving.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Tusks

Cause the hogs have to do it the right way which takes 5 times longer than the normal way.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LZH

Isn't Grantham the guy who showed his ass after a game?

King Kong

Quote from: LZH on January 11, 2017, 01:38:16 pm
Isn't Grantham the guy who showed his ass after a game?

Well not literally

Hogwild

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2017, 12:50:59 pm
Well I think it's because technically Smith is still our DC until he is officially announced by Minn

Well it shouldn't be long-

QuoteNew Gophers head coach P.J. Fleck told WCCO-AM on Sunday that he wanted to have his coaching staff lined up by Thursday and have them on campus by Sunday.

TEXT SIZE
EMAIL
PRINT
MORE
P.J. Fleck plans to stick with what has worked for him on offense. The new Gophers football coach will bring Western Michigan's Kirk Ciarrocca with him to Minnesota as the team's next offensive coordinator, a source told the Star Tribune.

Ciarrocca, 51, spent the past four years as Fleck's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Western Michigan. The Broncos ranked ninth in the nation in scoring offense this past season, averaging 41.6 points per game.

In addition, Fleck has chosen a longtime, successful offensive line coach in Ohio State's Ed Warinner, the source said.

Warinner, 55, worked as Ohio State's offensive coordinator/tight ends coach this past season, but Ohio State moved in a new direction Tuesday by hiring former Indiana coach Kevin Wilson to fill those roles. Warinner had previously been the Buckeyes' offensive coordinator/offensive line coach.

Sawvel met with Fleck on Saturday, a source said, but both have moved in different directions. ESPN reported that Fleck will hire Robb Smith from Arkansas to be Minnesota's defensive coordinator, though Gophers sources have yet to confirm this.

Pork Twain

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 11, 2017, 12:23:02 pm
With all the talent Georgia had on both sides of the ball, he should have had a top ten defense almost every year.  Nice to see BP up to his old tricks
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ricepig