Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rhett Lashlee

Started by Hogs958, January 02, 2017, 06:23:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dowils

There has to be a better football coach available.  We are 7-6 again after 4 years.  I think we should have shown more improvement after 4 years.  I would vote for Chip Kelly...proven college winner and looking for a job...

"A flute with no hole is not a flute; a donut with no hole...is a danish."  -  Ty Webb

PorkRinds

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 04, 2017, 08:37:57 am
Lunney will need HC experience first.

Or OC at the very least.

dowils

Oh, I also think we've done 4 years of bleeding its time to put the bandages on and find a winner....We did the same thing with a string of basketball coaches after Nolan....

jackflash

I think someone will give him a shot

bob slydell

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 04, 2017, 09:22:26 am
Or OC at the very least.

Dabo was never a coordinator. I know he's one in a million though.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

The OTR

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 06:23:41 pm
Anyone see him being a legit head coach in the near future?

is this a real question?

ricepig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 04, 2017, 11:15:35 am
is this a real question?

Sure, you don't think he could chew his gum 1000 chomps a minute and point his finger in the ground between chomps?

The OTR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 03, 2017, 08:37:52 pm
The gulls are circling the carcasses but the buzzards eat first.

I spoke to two farmers today. They saw an eagle flying with a serpent clutched in its talons. This is a sign from Apollo.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 06:39:56 pm

We bring in retread assistants that can't coach squat and have a head coach more worried about his next TV appearance and next drink than turning our program around.

I know Lanny's all lenient these days, but you are seriously full of horseshit.
[CENSORED]!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 04, 2017, 11:54:44 am
I know Lanny's all lenient these days, but you are seriously full of horseshit.

Must be if he's allowing moderators to use language that once would get us bant!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

grayhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 04, 2017, 09:22:26 am
Or OC at the very least.
Wasn't he Co OC at San Jose state?

Quote from: Bob Slydell on January 04, 2017, 10:48:47 am
Dabo was never a coordinator. I know he's one in a million though.
Neither was Urban Meyer.

PorkSoda

Quote from: dowils on January 04, 2017, 09:21:35 am
There has to be a better football coach available.  We are 7-6 again after 4 years.  I think we should have shown more improvement after 4 years.  I would vote for Chip Kelly...proven college winner and looking for a job...

"A flute with no hole is not a flute; a donut with no hole...is a danish."  -  Ty Webb
Other coaches hired in 2013

Sonny Dykes - (5-7)
Kliff Kingsbury - (5-7)
Dave Doeren - (7-6)
Mark Stoops - (7-6)
Gus Malzahn - (8-5)
Butch Jones - (9-4)

BB seems pretty middle of the Road to me, and that is with him playing in the hardest division in all of College Football.

Kingsbury was a hot up and comer, how'd that work out for out?

BB may not be blowing anyone's socks off, but he also isn't having any motorcyclegates either.  its going to be a long process with occassional setbacks to build a competitive SEC team.  that is just the way it is short of catching lighting in a bottle with a saban/petrino type hire, which tend to be few and far between.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 04, 2017, 09:11:33 am
Don't have the time or patience to deep dive...I did a shallow wade and found nothing damning.  In fact, what I found was very positive.  Like someone that no school should ever say "not now, not ever."

You may as well spill the beans as your allusions are damning.  State the facts; if they are true then what harm could come from it?  In fact, they could very illuminating for a lot of folks and institutions that might consider hiring him.  If they are just rumors then they have no place being stated--or alluded to--anyway.
Not rumors.

You'll just need to live without knowing the specifics.

Hogs958

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 04, 2017, 05:49:16 pm
Not rumors.

You'll just need to live without knowing the specifics.

I'd say don't put it out there if you're not willing to give specifics, but that'd be naïve of me.

hawganatic

Rhett Lashley has a half season experience calling plays at a major school and only 6 years experience as a full time coach, and some of you are wanting him as our next head coach??

Seriously??

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 04, 2017, 06:04:07 pm
I'd say don't put it out there if you're not willing to give specifics, but that'd be naïve of me.
Always love this type of reply. ::)

I'll share what I choose and what I can.  Not sure why people think they are owed anything more than what I choose to share.  I believe sharing it generically is more beneficial than not.

There is no "right to know".

The good thing, Porked, is that so very, very, very few even know this and those that do, much like you shall never tell and therefore,  it will never hurt Lashlee so it really doesn't matter.

gawntrail

I like Okie's offense. 

Porked Tongue

Quote from: 12247 on January 04, 2017, 07:08:17 pm
The good thing, Porked, is that so very, very, very few even know this and those that do, much like you shall never tell and therefore,  it will never hurt Lashlee so it really doesn't matter.
Exactly as far as general public goes.

But within hiring circles, it's known.

hobhog

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 06:39:56 pm

I don't understand this. He probably does a better job now than what we currently have. We bring in retread assistants that can't coach squat and have a head coach more worried about his next TV appearance and next drink than turning our program around.

I'll take Gus or Rhett tomorrow.

Classic.

hobhog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 04, 2017, 11:26:08 pm
Exactly as far as general public goes.

But within hiring circles, it's known.

Seems like dirty pool to me somehow to post this. Feels slimy.

lutherheggs

Loved that character in Gone With The Wind.

NuttinItUp

All these coaches have skeletons in their closets. (at least the successful ones do)
Lashlee's aren't any worse than anyone elses.

Now, he is inexperienced, and I wouldn't want him as our coach.

Hogs958

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 04, 2017, 06:25:41 pm
Always love this type of reply. ::)

I'll share what I choose and what I can.  Not sure why people think they are owed anything more than what I choose to share.  I believe sharing it generically is more beneficial than not.

There is no "right to know".

so you're saying it was Lashlee. In the study. With the candlestick. I always knew it.

10thPlanet

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 05, 2017, 12:13:24 am
All these coaches have skeletons in their closets. (at least the successful ones do)
Lashlee's aren't any worse than anyone elses.

Now, he is inexperienced, and I wouldn't want him as our coach.
Truth is, no one is without sin. Although some believe they're perfect. Given the same environment, and cash flow a lot would stumble. Oh, except for the perfect ones.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 02, 2017, 06:41:34 pm
A deep dive into his background will keep him from being here.
so gus at auburn gets top five talent year in and year out and is suppose to be a qb coach and yet he still does not have a qb that could carry allen's jock and he won't finish in the top 20 by years end.  with all that talent and his "genius" he should be a top 10 team every year.  No thanks I will pass on gus

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Was Lashlee really on his way out? Why would the Tigers' offensive coordinator up and leave? More importantly, who would take his place?

QuoteDid every player like Lashlee?

Probably not.

But did some?

Absolutely.

Every player Lashlee came to know might not have liked or agreed with his every decision — that's rarely the case. Still, as players log long days in and around the athletic complex, you come to appreciate particular qualities about certain members of the staff. Different coaches have different strengths, talents and ways of connecting with their players.

More than anything members of the team often recognize and appreciate the time and effort coaches dedicate to their teams (especially when a coach has young kids as Lashlee does).

Sometimes it takes a player graduating and living life away from college sports to realize the impact a coach had on them. In other cases, a coach leaves rather suddenly, causing players to stop, recall and appreciate how that person tried to help them grow as a player and person.

Lashlee's time may have been up on the Plains...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

GrouchyOldGuy

Quote from: dowils on January 04, 2017, 09:22:49 am
Oh, I also think we've done 4 years of bleeding its time to put the bandages on and find a winner....We did the same thing with a string of basketball coaches after Nolan....
B.ert's conference record is 10-22, that's acceptable nowadays? Man things have changed! We award total failure we are paying loads of money for failure....