Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rhett Lashlee

Started by Hogs958, January 02, 2017, 06:23:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs958

Anyone see him being a legit head coach in the near future?

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 06:23:41 pm

No, he needs gus
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

The Great Hambino

He'll have to leave daddy's side and show he can do it on his own somewhere first.

rude1

He is one to keep your eye on. Auburn offense clicked much better when he took over the play calling.

Atlhogfan1

Will make a good candidate to replace Neal Brown.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Porked Tongue

rhames

He jumps to astate next year if Anderson leaves
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

lakecityhog

Who knows what he may become, but let's go ahead and cut our nose off to spite our face!

PorkSoda

Quote from: The Great Hambino on January 02, 2017, 06:25:02 pm
show he can do it on his own somewhere first.
thats what people said about Gus, twice.  well he did win a NC somewhere else.

the thing about up and comers is, you can't wait until they prove themselves to jump on the band wagon or you will get left behind.

you gotta take a chance or stick with the safe bet. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Scott7703

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 02, 2017, 06:35:46 pm
Not here.

Not ever.

I don't understand this. He probably does a better job now than what we currently have. We bring in retread assistants that can't coach squat and have a head coach more worried about his next TV appearance and next drink than turning our program around.

I'll take Gus or Rhett tomorrow.

Porked Tongue

A deep dive into his background will keep him from being here.

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 06:39:56 pm

I don't understand this. He probably does a better job now than what we currently have. We bring in retread assistants that can't coach squat and have a head coach more worried about his next TV appearance and next drink than turning our program around.

Lol, you know none of that for fact. We were looking at Coordinators before BP popped up and the message boards were saying that was beneath us. I guess we might as well turn out the lights.

Hogs958

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 02, 2017, 06:41:34 pm

Might have to elaborate. There is something I am missing.

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 06:42:33 pm
Lol, you know none of that for fact. We were looking at Coordinators before BP popped up and the message boards were saying that was beneath us. I guess we might as well turn out the lights.

Well this hasn't worked out to well so I'm good with trying something different.

And I can confirm the above post.

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 06:50:45 pm

Well this hasn't worked out to well so I'm good with trying something different.

And I can confirm the above post.

Of course you can.

Scott7703

Hollywood870

Probably, but we wouldn't have the insight to give him a shot. Also, why hasn't a D1 school looked at Kevin Kelly from PA? Does he just not want to move up?

NuttinItUp

Huh? Did he kill someone?

Hogs958

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 02, 2017, 07:01:09 pm
Huh? Did he kill someone?

I have no idea what it means either.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 07:02:23 pm
I have no idea what it means either.

Probably just people posting random cryptic negativity that isn't actually true. That is what mostly happens around here.

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 02, 2017, 07:04:01 pm
Probably just people posting random cryptic negativity that isn't actually true. That is what mostly happens around here.

The rooster crows twice at midnight......

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 07:05:07 pm
The rooster crows twice at midnight......

The blue sparrow flies west at noon.

Hogs958

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 07:06:16 pm
Winter is coming

That ain't cryptic, that's this weekend......

Sir Oinksalot

...yeah, give him a shot if we can get something on what's-his-name ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Hogs958

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 07:07:09 pm

I gave it a shot

rhames

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 07:07:09 pm

Someone isn't a fan of House Stark
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on January 02, 2017, 07:15:04 pm

Someone isn't a fan of House Stark

Yeah, sorry, I had to Google it, lol.

26.2Hog

The man in the coonskin cap, in the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills but you only got ten

Porked Tongue

None of this is fact.  RH over Enos?  Really? 

You likely reference a social event that occurred(but is overblown) but that doesn't mean he's more "worried" than turning the program around.  That's impossible.

Someday you'll hear the accurate dirt on RH and GM are far more scandalous.

Lashlee is a backstabbing prick as well.

Hogs958

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 02, 2017, 07:25:42 pm

You likely reference a social event that occurred(but is overblown) but that doesn't mean he's more "worried" than turning the program around.  That's impossible.

Who is RH?

Porked Tongue

Hogs958

hogsfan31

The Kig

No.
Poker Porker

lasthog

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 02, 2017, 06:39:35 pm
thats what people said about Gus, twice.  well he did win a NC somewhere else.

the thing about up and comers is, you can't wait until they prove themselves to jump on the band wagon or you will get left behind.

you gotta take a chance or stick with the safe bet.

Didn't Florida State beat them?

DeltaBoy

Oh yes lets pass on him like we did with Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll along win passing on Gus.  You got to roll the dice with an up and comer.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawghiggs

He needs to be at least a FCS level headcoach first.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 03, 2017, 07:47:08 pm
Oh yes lets pass on him like we did with Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll along win passing on Gus.  You got to roll the dice with an up and comer.

Comparing lashlee to any of them is ignorant. And Gus is struggling at Auburn.

Hoggish1

rljjr

I think he will have it in him someday. He'll need to prove himself at a couple of schools without Gus first. I wish him well if that's what he chooses to do.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 02, 2017, 07:06:16 pm
Winter is coming

The gulls are circling the carcasses but the buzzards eat first.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Ironhawg

This post got me curious so I did some reading about RL.  One piece I read said for two years he and his brother-in-law ran High School Sports the Magazine.  Was that involved with the guy that was basically recruiting for Auburn?

Athog

Henderson

deedster84

I think Arkansas' next head coach is already on the staff coaching TEs. Unless they want him to get some experience somewhere else first.

Scott7703

You can guess where my info is from all you want but it is spot on and right whether you like it or not. I don't have an opinion of Lashlee other than that he and Gus are better coaches than 95% of what we are currently paying. Whatever you have against them seems legit.

Razorbackers

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 03, 2017, 07:51:09 pm
Comparing lashlee to any of them is ignorant. And Gus is struggling at Auburn.

Yeah but imagine what he could do at Arkansas, a place with less in state talent, less money, and less resources!

He'd crush it!

TrueBlue

Quote from: deedster84 on January 03, 2017, 09:01:03 pm
I think Arkansas' next head coach is already on the staff coaching TEs. Unless they want him to get some experience somewhere else first.

Lunney will need HC experience first.

Ex-Trumpet

Don't have the time or patience to deep dive...I did a shallow wade and found nothing damning.  In fact, what I found was very positive.  Like someone that no school should ever say "not now, not ever."

You may as well spill the beans as your allusions are damning.  State the facts; if they are true then what harm could come from it?  In fact, they could very illuminating for a lot of folks and institutions that might consider hiring him.  If they are just rumors then they have no place being stated--or alluded to--anyway.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

bob slydell

I wouldn't want Lashlee over Enos.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.