Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Auburn wins tomorrow

Started by Batesville Hogfan, November 23, 2017, 11:02:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Batesville Hogfan

Based on all the "reports" I assume Gus is off the table if he beats Bama. For argument's sake, let's also say Norvell goes to Tennessee and Frost to Florida or Nebraska. In that scenario, who is Plan D?

Leach, Kiffin, Strong, someone else????

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

onebadrubi

HogPharmer

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2017, 11:04:37 pm
Auburn can't lose tomorrow...

Nick is 0-6 as an SEC HC when playing an Auburn team with at least 9 wins. I think that's the stat I saw earlier.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Batesville Hogfan on November 23, 2017, 11:02:57 pm
Based on all the "reports" I assume Gus is off the table if he beats Bama. For argument's sake, let's also say Norvell goes to Tennessee and Frost to Florida or Nebraska. In that scenario, who is Plan D?

Leach, Kiffin, Strong, someone else????

Nobody knows. Because we don't even officially have an opening. Therefore can't even officially have a HC Search Committee ;) ;)

I'd guess the #1 target is Gus. #2 is probably Norvell.
This is my non-signature signature.

Arkansas Fan

NuttinItUp

HogPharmer

greenie

It seems Hogville is sure that Norvell is Plan B. But no one here knows. It might be Bielema.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: greenie on November 23, 2017, 11:14:00 pm
It seems Hogville is sure that Norvell is Plan B. But no one here knows. It might be Bielema.

Guarantee that is not the case.

Tusks

norvell won't take the TN job if the Hog job is offered to him.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Arkansas Fan

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 23, 2017, 11:18:28 pm
What's the case, then?

Bielema will be gone officially Saturday morning, barring some unforeseen issue.

ipigsooie

hogblitz

Trey Wallace out of Nashville is following the TN search closely.  He stated that TN has vetted Norvell and for whatever reason has NO INTEREST in him.  So, if this person is accurate we have no concern about TN grabbing him.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 23, 2017, 11:19:26 pm
Bielema will be gone officially Saturday morning, barring some unforeseen issue.

You said Norvell being our number two wasn't the case...

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: hogblitz on November 23, 2017, 11:21:48 pm
Trey Wallace out of Nashville is following the TN search closely.  He stated that TN has vetted Norvell and for whatever reason has NO INTEREST in him.  So, if this person is accurate we have no concern about TN grabbing him.

UT is still looking for a name coach probably.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 23, 2017, 11:23:22 pm
You said Norvell being our number two wasn't the case...

No. I didn't.

I can guarantee that Bielema isn't the #2. He will be unemployed after Saturday.

Look it, officially there is no #1 or #2.

A coaching search committee hasn't been named because there's not officially an opening.

Right now we are vetting AD candidates.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 23, 2017, 11:23:58 pm
UT is still looking for a name coach probably.

They are saying Schiano had a great interview. Venables to Texas Tech is also a possibility.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 23, 2017, 11:35:11 pm
They are saying Schiano had a great interview. Venables to Texas Tech is also a possibility.

Schiano? Wow their fans will go nuts if he's hired. I didn't know Kliff Dingleberry was gone at Texas Tech.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hollywood870

If Norvell told Tennessee he's waiting on Arkansas first, then UT would report it has zero interest in Norvell. That's how it works in the SEC dog n pony show.

GoHogs1091

Venables is very good friends with Texas Tech's AD, Kirby Hocutt.

I don't think though Texas Tech is the level of a Head Coach job that Venables will take.

Venables has put himself in position for a Head Coach job for these level of football programs.

Clemson
Oklahoma
Florida
Florida State
LSU
Texas A&M
Tennessee

MissippHog

Quote from: greenie on November 23, 2017, 11:14:00 pm
It seems Hogville is sure that Norvell is Plan B. But no one here knows.
FWIW, according to two Memphis "Highland Hundred" guys that I spoke with today, they fully expect Norvell to be the next Hogs coach.  They said he will be gone before the banquet on December 10th. 

Al Boarland

I think drawing the conclusion that Gus/AU decision hangs on the Bama game is grasping at straws.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 24, 2017, 03:52:52 am
I think drawing the conclusion that Gus/AU decision hangs on the Bama game is grasping at straws.

We should find out very soon

onebadrubi

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 23, 2017, 11:06:53 pm
Nick is 0-6 as an SEC HC when playing an Auburn team with at least 9 wins. I think that's the stat I saw earlier.

lol I was making fun of auburn doesn't play today, when he said "tomorrow"

Coach V. Slocombe

I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 24, 2017, 01:09:07 am
If Norvell told Tennessee he's waiting on Arkansas first, then UT would report it has zero interest in Norvell. That's how it works in the SEC dog n pony show.

We'd put off a guy like Norvell, who sounds like wants to be here, for a guy like Gus that is using us as his fallback option.

Sooie71923

If Gus truly wants to be at Arkansas, then it doesn't matter how much he wins at Auburn this year.

HF#1

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 24, 2017, 11:27:03 am
If Gus truly wants to be at Arkansas, then it doesn't matter how much he wins at Auburn this year.

Yep
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Al Boarland

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 24, 2017, 11:27:03 am
It was a fall back plan.

hobhog

Quote from: Al Boarland on November 24, 2017, 11:31:11 am
It was a fall back plan.
[/quo

Don't want auburns rejects. Only want Gus if they go to playoffs.

HogPharmer

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 24, 2017, 09:16:56 am
lol I was making fun of auburn doesn't play today, when he said "tomorrow"

Ah hell I didn't catch it... Damn holidays have me all messed up on my days. I spent half the day yesterday thinking it was Saturday.

HogPharmer

Texas Tech don't play no stinkin defense!

Paul

had dinner next to a big Tenn booster with his name on a football facility who said they going all out for Gruden then maybe Mullen if Chucky falls thru. He said he assumed we'd lock up Norvell for what that's worth

Hawg Life

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 24, 2017, 12:29:46 pm
Texas Tech don't play no stinkin defense!

Just a rumor, but he'd do well there.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 23, 2017, 11:06:53 pm

As Auburn has lost seven of the ten games they've played against Saban's Bama I doubt that seriously.

JONAS

It will be Norvell, if Gus says no. 

farmhawg

Quote from: JONAS on November 24, 2017, 06:51:23 pm
It will be Norvell, if Gus says no. 
I hope that's how it works out.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

JONAS

Quote from: farmhawg on November 24, 2017, 07:06:33 pm
I hope that's how it works out.

I wish we would tell Gus no and hire Norvell tomorrow.

hogsevenseven

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 24, 2017, 06:45:39 pm
As Auburn has lost seven of the ten games they've played against Saban's Bama I doubt that seriously.However, Nick Saban has never defeated an Auburn team that won nine games, going 0-6 (0-3 at Alabama and 0-3 at LSU).
Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 24, 2017, 06:45:39 pm
As Auburn has lost seven of the ten games they've played against Saban's Bama I doubt that seriously.
However, Nick Saban has never defeated an Auburn team that won nine games, going 0-6 (0-3 at Alabama and 0-3 at LSU).

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/134666/iron-bowl-preview-no-1-alabama-vs-no-6-auburn

Razorback de Nosferatu