Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Police release video of Cole Kelly DWI arrest.. REALLY????

Started by synthartist69, November 22, 2017, 12:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

I think this is BS!! Do the police release video of John Doe getting a DWI or does the media post it on their websites and show on television? Just because Cole is an Arkansas player he gets to have his video shown all over the country. Yeah he was drinking and driving, I get it. So were thousands of others that night. I am sure he is quite embarrassed as it is, and will have to pay huge fines, etc. Why continue to try and damage this young man any more just because he is a player?

Nafunu32

Did the department just do it out of fun, or was it FOI'd?

PS, he can hire John Collins and get him out of that DWI. haha.

He parked fine and did fine on the portion of the One Leg Stand shown. Obviously he couldn't take the Walk and Turn and we can't see the results of HGN.

Hogwaller

The bad thing about being "impaired" is you're too impaired to know how impaired you are.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

AandB

On the bright side, at least he wasn't a complete jackass with the cop could be a much worse video.

Cylinder

Like Joe Twelve-Pack, the recording of the police interaction is a public record. Unlike most instances, it also has public interest. Usually "released by police" is a way for them to streamline multiple FOI requests -- instead of dealing with each individually they make a kind of omnibus public release.

TebowHater

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 22, 2017, 12:59:03 pm
Did the department just do it out of fun, or was it FOI'd?

Was wondering this, too. If out of fun, poorly done by FPD.

I do wonder if he is going to get the DWI charges dropped. The cop said "arresting you because you ran up on a curve and I believe you are impaired." I don't think just a "belief of impairment" is provable beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law. He, like JWill, refused a breathalyzer. He had his walking boot on so they certainly can't use any walking tests against him, either.

synthartist69

Quote from: AandB on November 22, 2017, 01:01:46 pm
On the bright side, at least he wasn't a complete jackass with the cop could be a much worse video.
Yes, I agree..

Nafunu32

Quote from: TebowHater on November 22, 2017, 01:02:39 pm

I do wonder if he is going to get the DWI charges dropped. The cop said "arresting you because you ran up on a curve and I believe you are impaired." I don't think just a "belief of impairment" is provable beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law. He, like JWill, refused a breathalyzer. He had his walking boot on so they certainly can't use any walking tests against him, either.

I've seen a judge throw a DWI case out because the officer didn't have probable cause to arrest from the scene due to the results of the SFST. Can't give someone SFST, they pass, and you still take them to jail for a BAC test.

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 12:55:11 pm
I think this is BS!! Do the police release video of John Doe getting a DWI or does the media post it on their websites and show on television? Just because Cole is an Arkansas player he gets to have his video shown all over the country. Yeah he was drinking and driving, I get it. So were thousands of others that night. I am sure he is quite embarrassed as it is, and will have to pay huge fines, etc. Why continue to try and damage this young man any more just because he is a player?

You're just butt hurt because he is an Arkansas player. When you break the law, it should be public. He chose to do it, knowing it was wrong, so I have no issue to it. And yes, they do show John Doe as well but only when it is a story. Geez! He was wrong to do what he did. He's an adult and he doesn't need your protection.
"At least we are moral"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jneal56

Quote from: TebowHater on November 22, 2017, 01:02:39 pm

If you refuse the breathalyzer then I believe the protocol is they're supposed to take you in and get blood drawn. You can complain all you want until you lose someone close to you because of a drunk driver. It's a precaution that I have no issues with.
"At least we are moral"

hogcards

I have no problem with it.  A DUI is one of the most serious offenses out there.

A good friend of mine received one in Kentucky years ago and his mug shot was literally posted in the local paper there.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

porque

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:07:36 pm
You're just butt hurt because he is an Arkansas player. When you break the law, it should be public. He chose to do it, knowing it was wrong, so I have no issue to it. And yes, they do show John Doe as well but only when it is a story. Geez! He was wrong to do what he did. He's an adult and he doesn't need your protection.

How do you know what he did?

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

This is not common (pun intended) meaning arrest videos

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

jneal56

"At least we are moral"

jneal56

Quote from: JimDandy on November 22, 2017, 01:12:35 pm
I have an issue with it. This is not common (pun intended) meaning arrest videos and generally you have no idea what you're talking about. Former DWI attorney here.

Maybe that's why you're a former?
"At least we are moral"

synthartist69

I never said he wasn't wrong to do what he did. So I guess you are someone who would love to see public hangings in the Fayetteville square huh?

hogcards

Wasn't there video of Baker Mayfield all juiced up and sloppy last year that was released to the public?

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

I don't remember anyone complaining about baker mayfield's video being released.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Captain Morgan

Police in NWA sure enjoy pumping their chests at everything. This is the type of thing that kills our recruiting.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 01:16:43 pm
Police in NWA sure enjoy pumping their chests at everything. This is the type of thing that kills our recruiting.

Agreed

Wildhog

I expect Razorback athletes to get special treatment.  Sorry not sorry.

"Oh, you FOI'd the video?  There was a glitch in our system and it was accidentally deleted."
1909/1964/1965/1977

synthartist69

cops like to pump their chest everywhere.... most cops are total jerks, can't wait to taze someone or shoot their gun at them. They tazed an 81 year old man the other day with a dangerous pocket knife....OH NO!!! He was a threat!!!! LOL

porque

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:13:10 pm
Underage drinking. Well documented and he never denied it.

Well documented? There is a bar under investigation. You seem to be a fine red blooded American. Remember the concept of innocent until proven guilty? This isn't China, North Korea or Iran?

Dark Helmet Hog

All college kids should have the Uber app on their phone. Just no excuse to drink and drive. Party all you want. Just don't drive.

synthartist69

Quote from: porque on November 22, 2017, 01:18:04 pm
Well documented? There is a bar under investigation. You seem to be a fine red blooded American. Remember the concept of innocent until proven guilty? This isn't China, North Korea or Iran?
Yeah, several on here like to be judge and jury with no trial... they would love public executions....sickening

TebowHater

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:10:25 pm
If you refuse the breathalyzer then I believe the protocol is they're supposed to take you in and get blood drawn. You can complain all you want until you lose someone close to you because of a drunk driver. It's a precaution that I have no issues with.

JWill's chargers were dropped as I believe he refused all Blood-alcohol testing.

ricepig

Fayetteville popo didn't want to have to try to tackle his ass.....

synthartist69

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 22, 2017, 01:20:03 pm
All college kids should have the Uber app on their phone. Just no excuse to drink and drive. Party all you want. Just don't drive.
That's beside the point, the point is releasing the video just because he is an Arkansas player...

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 01:18:00 pm
cops like to pump their chest everywhere.... most cops are total jerks, can't wait to taze someone or shoot their gun at them. They tazed an 81 year old man the other day with a dangerous pocket knife....OH NO!!! He was a threat!!!! LOL

Total BS. Most are good people trying to do their job. You can't imagine the idiocy they see and deal with on a daily basis.

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Better to kill recruiting than kill people on the road.

If Kelley was drunk, do you think he should have been arrested?

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 01:14:20 pm
  I never said he wasn't wrong to do what he did. So I guess you are someone who would love to see public hangings in the Fayetteville square huh?

Hmmmmm....You have a morbid way of thinking my friend to go from a DWI arrest video to Public Hangings. But if you think that is comparing apples to apples then more power to you.
"At least we are moral"

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 01:21:24 pm
  That's beside the point, the point is releasing the video just because he is an Arkansas player...

Seriously doubt that is the reason. It's public record anyway. Don't like it? Don't do it.

synthartist69

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 22, 2017, 01:21:45 pm
Total BS. Most are good people trying to do their job. You can't imagine the idiocy they see and deal with on a daily basis.
Oh I understand the idiocy they see, and there are decent cops, no doubt, but most.... from what I have seen, are power hungry jerks

Nafunu32

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:10:25 pm

You can no longer get blood drawn without a warrant. Blood has been removed from the implied consent form. Breath, Miss, or saliva are the only options. It's not the issue with the breathalyzer at this point. The statement that I made is that there are "Stages" of a DWI arrest. First, is seeing a violation. Secondly is finding enough evidence the person is actually impaired. Third is getting them to the BAC to blow. You can't just pull someone over for speeding and say, "Meh, I think you are drunk. Let's tow your car, arrest you, and take you to the jail to see."

HGN is the most telling sign of the SFST. Unfortunately, that can't be shown on video without the use of a camera pointed at their eyes. The other two tests can actually be completed without showing clues, even if someone is drunk, if they have good balance and coordination. ie. athletes.

Wildhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 01:22:31 pm
Barford wasn't cited, and FPD apologized.

As they should have. 

This cop should have given Cole a ride home and called Bielema.  That's our QB, damnit.
1909/1964/1965/1977

synthartist69

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 22, 2017, 01:23:17 pm
Seriously doubt that is the reason. It's public record anyway. Don't like it? Don't do it.
You doubt that is the reason? I am sure there were at least 3 to 10 DWI's given out that night.... where are the other videos?

jneal56

Quote from: JimDandy on November 22, 2017, 01:16:10 pm
No. Just stop. CK made a mistake that almost everyone makes at some point. Nothing to see here. Move on.

I apologize that I may have struck a nerve. It's only a minor mistake because nobody got hurt or worse......
"At least we are moral"

Cylinder

The threshold for detention to investigate a crime is reasonable, articulable suspicion.

Reasonable generally means that a normally cautious and prudent person similarly-situated could draw the same conclusion (or in this case, suspicion.)

Articulable generally means that the suspicion is based on observations and not prejudices (not limited to racial prejudice but rather generally jumping to a conclusion.)

The RAS must also trigger the detention and not be a by-product or post-hoc justification.

Police pull me over for not signalling a lane change, notice the slurred speech and odor of alcohol. The RAS for the initial detention is the traffic violation and the DWI investigation is developed from that stop.

Police pull me over because they notice I am well-dressed and with a female companion early in the morning so they think it possible that we had been out drinking. That probably fails the test for reasonableness.

Police pull me over because "a lot of drunk drivers use this route." That probably lack a specific, articulable suspicion for the initial detention.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 22, 2017, 01:23:36 pm
You can no longer get blood drawn without a warrant. Blood has been removed from the implied consent form. Breath, Miss, or saliva are the only options. It's not the issue with the breathalyzer at this point. The statement that I made is that there are "Stages" of a DWI arrest. First, is seeing a violation. Secondly is finding enough evidence the person is actually impaired. Third is getting them to the BAC to blow. You can't just pull someone over for speeding and say, "Meh, I think you are drunk. Let's tow your car, arrest you, and take you to the jail to see."

HGN is the most telling sign of the SFST. Unfortunately, that can't be shown on video without the use of a camera pointed at their eyes. The other two tests can actually be completed without showing clues, even if someone is drunk, if they have good balance and coordination. ie. athletes.

Well-put

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 01:24:29 pm
You doubt that is the reason? I am sure there were at least 3 to 10 DWI's given out that night.... where are the other videos?

My guess it was FOI'd by someone in the media. Would just about bet on it.

jneal56

Or he could have not done it so you wouldn't BLAME the police for doing their jobs.....just saying.
"At least we are moral"

synthartist69

Quote from: Karma on November 22, 2017, 01:22:50 pm
Better to kill recruiting than kill people on the road.

If Kelley was drunk, do you think he should have been arrested?
If he was drunk, yes. Should the video be posted, not unless you are going to post every video of every person in Fayetteville who was arrested every day or night. That is my only point here, he is singled out because he is a semi local celebrity....

jneal56

Quote from: Wildhog on November 22, 2017, 01:17:06 pm
I expect Razorback athletes to get special treatment.  Sorry not sorry.

"Oh, you FOI'd the video?  There was a glitch in our system and it was accidentally deleted."

I agree too. Just as long as it's only Razorback athletes. I'll be contradictory and say I loved it when OU's QB got arrested.
"At least we are moral"