Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma

Started by hogwood, November 19, 2017, 06:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

We've been playing great, but I must say Oklahoma gives me a scare. We've played tougher teams, so we may be better prepared.

This matchup predictor on ESPN gives OK the advantage as 52.9% favorites.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400987195

The one thing that concerns me the most... 47.5 rebounds per game! Their freshman Trae Young is leading the country in assists... This will be a big test for our boys! Go Hogs!

Tony Perkis

I will probably be too nervous on Thanksgiving to eat as much as I usually do. Going to be a tough test.

hobhog

When is tipoff Thursday? If win when is Friday's?

Wisco Pig

Quote from: hobhog on November 19, 2017, 06:32:43 pm
When is tipoff Thursday? If win when is Friday's?

Thursday: The Oklahoma game tips at 4 p.m. Arkansas time on ESPN2.

Friday: If the Hogs win Thursday, they'll play at 2:30 p.m. (again, Arkansas time).
               If they lose Thursday, they're scheduled to play at 5 p.m. 

http://pkinvitational.com/brackets

hogwood

Quote from: hogwood on November 19, 2017, 06:04:57 pm
We've been playing great, but I must say Oklahoma gives me a scare. We've played tougher teams, so we may be better prepared.

This matchup predictor on ESPN gives OK the advantage as 52.9% favorites.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400987195

The one thing that concerns me the most... 47.5 rebounds per game! Their freshman Trae Young is leading the country in assists... This will be a big test for our boys! Go Hogs!

FYI I mean to say we've played better teams than they have, not better teams than OK themselves.

hview

I have to believe we've played a tougher schedule, but OK will definitely be the biggest challenge we've faced. On the flip side is OK ready for the step up in competition. They are about to take a big leap when they play Arkansas. 

Ball (An OK blow out) plays Bucknell on Nov 22. It'll be interesting to see the results from that game.

The_Iceman

They have bigs that can shoot. That scares me.

Rome26

Will Thomas be back for the OU game??

HawgHeadCheese

hview

That is absolutely wonderful to have Thomas back!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hview on November 19, 2017, 10:13:40 pm
That is absolutely wonderful to have Thomas back!

Might end up being the difference in the game.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogs49ers

I am really excited and think we will take this one, Barford going to get physical with the freshman, Young, and force him into making a lot of mistakes.
SCREW Vandy!

HogFoo

ChokeU doesn't bother me.  They've not played near the same caliber of teams as we have.  We've already played 3 teams that I think will be in the big dance.  We blew 2 of them out, and were just about to blow Fresno out when game ended.  I think fresno is a better shooting team than what Chokelahomo is!  We handled them pretty well. I don't think they will have played the a team that has as many scorers or one that plays defense like we can play.  Especially when we add 2 more guys into the mix.  I don't see OWHO being ready for what they are gonna face.  If our shots fall early, it's gonna be a blowout.  If the basket has a lid on it, the game will be closer, probably a 10-15pt win.  In either case I predict we will wear them out.  Their guard will be tired by the end of the game.  I don't think he'll be leading the country in assists after this game either.  Look forward to the game.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

rzrbackramsfan

Yea I'm nervous about Oklahoma. 

alohawg

Best I can tell from searching OU bball forums, they aren't discussing the hogs at all. I hope their team is as uninterested.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hview

I think OU is writing Arkansas off as a win and getting ready for NC.  While they seem very talented, the competition they've played may not have prepared them for this next game and the intensity they'll have to match. That's what I'm hoping.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: alohawg on November 19, 2017, 11:36:25 pm
Best I can tell from searching OU bball forums, they aren't discussing the hogs at all. I hope their team is as uninterested.

They just don't care about basketball at all.  It's annoying, a fan base like that shouldn't have a good Bball team.

k.c.hawg

They got my attention the other day when a national guy that knows the game was asked who his darkhorse was to be this biggest surprise this year and he answered Oklahoma.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

The_Bionic_Pig

I like some of you studied their previous opponents Ball St. & Omaha and both have a combined total 1 win this season.

Heck the Omaha Mavericks (0-4) put up nearly 90 pts on them their highest point total this season.

Arkansas will have to have had it's worst performance of this early season to lose to this Sooner team...even if the game were in Norman itself based off Omaha's performance.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 20, 2017, 07:43:22 am
I like some of you studied their previous opponents Ball St. & Omaha and both have a combined total 1 win this season.

Heck the Omaha Mavericks (0-4) put up nearly 90 pts on them their highest point total this season.

Arkansas will have to have had it's worst performance of this early season to lose to this Sooner team...even if the game were in Norman itself based off Omaha's performance.

Interesting.  No, I didn't look into it that much.  Just saw OU put up 108 on both ball st and Omaha and young can be a prolific scorer. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: alohawg on November 19, 2017, 11:36:25 pm

I think they may be recalling our 30 point loss to OK State last year.
Hogs up! Covid down!

010HogFan

Trae Young = overrated. All flash. If he can show out against our defense I'll change my tune.

Dirty

Quote from: 010HogFan on November 20, 2017, 08:25:17 am
Trae Young = overrated. All flash. If he can show out against our defense I'll change my tune.

He better get ready to run!

Potosihog

Depends on the refs.  If we get a whistle a minute the way it was against Fresno I think we lose.  If for some reason the refs let us play I think we win in a close game.

I just hope everyone realizes we are playing better competition and if we lose this board doesn't melt down with "I knew it...fire Mike" threads.

Breems

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 19, 2017, 06:15:56 pm
I will probably be too nervous on Thanksgiving to eat as much as I usually do. Going to be a tough test.

You shouldn't be eating much on the Perkisystem anyway. We want this camp filled with skinny winners!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hawg66

OU's biggest problem is that they stand between Arkansas and a rematch with North Carolina. I expect Macon to go off against the Sooners.

niels_boar

Ball St. was in theory close to a Samford quality opponent.  Pomeroy has OU at #21 with a big weight on preseason projection.  This game will probably be close. OU hasn't played anybody as good as Bucknell or Fresno, but they couldn't have performed much better, especially on O.  It's difficult to judge just how good they are, but they have a lot more talent this year than last. It will be a step up in competition for both squads, and it's difficult to predict how either team will respond.  We will be considered the underdog heading into the game.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

RealHog

Quote from: Potosihog on November 20, 2017, 12:50:38 pm
Depends on the refs.  If we get a whistle a minute the way it was against Fresno I think we lose.  If for some reason the refs let us play I think we win in a close game.

I just hope everyone realizes we are playing better competition and if we lose this board doesn't melt down with "I knew it...fire Mike" threads.

Great point. We play some salty teams in the non-con, and Mikes teams normally play better as the year goes on. We're off to a great start so far though.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Potosihog on November 20, 2017, 12:50:38 pm

If we hit a 3 minute scoring drought you will see fire Mike threads in the first half.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Breems on November 20, 2017, 12:55:22 pm
You shouldn't be eating much on the Perkisystem anyway. We want this camp filled with skinny winners!
Always there to bring me back in when I begin to stray!

The_Bionic_Pig

My biggest fear is we beat a overrated OU team by 15-20 and the player's start reading their newspaper (online) clippings and lose that edge *HUNGER*

Arkansas may crack the top 25 before December with a nice run in the PK80.

Sadly maintaining a residences there has been a 1990's thing..
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 20, 2017, 05:17:02 pm
My biggest fear is we beat a overrated OU team by 15-20 and the player's start reading their newspaper (online) clippings and lose that edge *HUNGER*

Arkansas may crack the top 25 before December with a nice run in the PK80.

Sadly maintaining a residences there has been a 1990's thing..

Your biggest fear isn't losing to OU? You're really that confident?

BRHogfan

Quote from: hogwood on November 19, 2017, 06:04:57 pm

OU's rebounding is not better than ours. 

OU opponents have missed 104 shots and OU has rebounded 74 of them for 71%
OU has missed 63 shots and OU has rebounded 21 of them for 33%
Total Rebound% 57%

Arkansas opponents have missed 104 shots and Arkansas has rebounded 77 of them for 74%
Arkansas has missed 89 shots and has rebounded 36% of them for 36%
Total Rebound% 56%

Just because 47.5 is larger than 36.3, doesn't actually mean anything without other numbers from the game to define what they really mean.

rzrbackramsfan

The real question... does OU have anyone that can stop Gafford from dunking it or getting boards? 

Sundog

The Hogs are going to beat OU like a rented mule!

Iwastherein1969

These Hogs need an incentive to play well. I think you'll see them take it to the Sooners.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

AugustaHog

This should be a fun one to watch.  Nobody is giving us any love at all.  Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg were asked about the SEC last night in between games and Jay felt like it was a UK/TAMU battle and nobody else would be close.  Greenberg said he agreed but thought that the Gators and UGA??? had a shot.  They later figured out as he was raving about Georgia's Collin Sexton and how big it would be to get him back that he meant Bama.  Zero mention of us and no realization that we may be quite a bit better than we were projected.  Hell they didn't even know who one of the top freshmen in the country played for so I lend no credence to that crap.  I guarantee they haven't watched the Hogs play and were just following the herd on this one.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 21, 2017, 07:33:10 am
This should be a fun one to watch.  Nobody is giving us any love at all.  Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg were asked about the SEC last night in between games and Jay felt like it was a UK/TAMU battle and nobody else would be close.  Greenberg said he agreed but thought that the Gators and UGA??? had a shot.  They later figured out as he was raving about Georgia's Collin Sexton and how big it would be to get him back that he meant Bama.  Zero mention of us and no realization that we may be quite a bit better than we were projected.  Hell they didn't even know who one of the top freshmen in the country played for so I lend no credence to that crap.  I guarantee they haven't watched the Hogs play and were just following the herd on this one.

I've been worried about this game every since the PK80 lineup was released. I read up on Oklahoma's performance when they did their foreign excursion in the preseason and I could tell that they had some really nice pieces. This game here is our teams litmus test. All questions will be answered.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Cotton

I'm so glad we're in this tourney. Gonna be a great measuring stick for where we are and some great film for what we need to improve on.

Should be entertaining too.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

HoopS

I think A&M is the team to beat in our conference. Not UK. I'm sure Florida will make noise and I think we will. Auburn, Bama, Missouri and Vandy could as well. Haven't seen some of the others. But the SEC is a good conference. I really believe that.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HoopS on November 21, 2017, 10:13:48 am
I think A&M is the team to beat in our conference. Not UK. I'm sure Florida will make noise and I think we will. Auburn, Bama, Missouri and Vandy could as well. Haven't seen some of the others. But the SEC is a good conference. I really believe that.

I agree. I think A&M will win the conference. I think Arkansas, Florida, Bama and UK are in the next tier.

Breems

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 20, 2017, 07:05:23 pm
The real question... does OU have anyone that can stop Gafford from dunking it or getting boards?

Most teams can stop Gafford all too easily with foul trouble.

Gafford staying out of foul trouble will be absolutely crucial to get anywhere in the PK80.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hawg Red

Quote from: Breems on November 21, 2017, 11:34:17 am
Most teams can stop Gafford all too easily with foul trouble.

Gafford staying out of foul trouble will be absolutely crucial to get anywhere in the PK80.

...and likely the season in general. He's a big tipping point for this team.

Hogwarrior

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 21, 2017, 10:28:07 am
I agree. I think A&M will win the conference. I think Arkansas, Florida, Bama and UK are in the next tier.

Next tier?  It will be a battle of attrition in who wins the title.  Everyone will be beating everyone as I don't see any team in the SEC head and shoulders better than the others.  But then again, that's what makes CBB so much fun!  A lot of experts are picking the SEC as the best conference in the country with as many as 8 teams getting in the dance.  It's going to be a real dogfight!

cityhog

If TAMU wins the conference I'm going to puke. Literally.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hogwarrior on November 21, 2017, 01:07:40 pm
Next tier?  It will be a battle of attrition in who wins the title.  Everyone will be beating everyone as I don't see any team in the SEC head and shoulders better than the others.  But then again, that's what makes CBB so much fun!  A lot of experts are picking the SEC as the best conference in the country with as many as 8 teams getting in the dance.  It's going to be a real dogfightHogfight!
Hogs up! Covid down!

Pinto

Quote from: 010HogFan on November 20, 2017, 08:25:17 am

You're drunk if you truly believe this statement. Kid is one hell of a floor general. He has crazy vision and IQ

Nosboar Accubond

Bucknell beat Ball State 87 - 83 last night. Seems this may a pretty even matchup.

Fan701

Appears we're a one point underdog, the expectation is for a pretty even match with OK the winner.  I'd love to prove the odds-makers wrong!