Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I know we've all got an opinion of Lane Kiffin, but his troll game is STRONG!

Started by Doug, April 24, 2016, 10:29:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 21h21 hours ago

Lane Kiffin said Nick Saban told him, "I can take good news. I can take bad news but don't give me surprises."

NoogaHog

Quote from: jbcarol on December 29, 2016, 06:11:22 am
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 21h21 hours ago

Lane Kiffin said Nick Saban told him, "I can take good news. I can take bad news but don't give me surprises."

I bet Christmas at the Saban house is amazing. "Here, Daddy, we got you that thing you told us to get you. We also went ahead and unwrapped it for you so it wouldn't interfere with THE PROCESS (TM)."
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/827552720336859136

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dQjBqo1vw

Late on hearing Kiffin's claim that is was an attention getting gag just like they were late on getting a solution in place for the I-75 rock slide closures north of Knoxville.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell 27s27 seconds ago

Lane Kiffin explains brilliant strategy behind worst promo video ever  https://www.seccountry.com/sec/lane-kiffin-explains-brilliant-strategy-behind-worst-promo-video-ever

Quote"We said, 'If we just put out a normal, exciting video ... nobody's really going to play that outside of Boca (Raton). So let's do the worst one ever so that everyone will put it on TV and say look how bad this is,'" Kiffin told Cowherd. "Then all of the sudden, we got publicity for the program. And you've got all kinds of people looking up FAU that don't even know what FAU is."

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/847453155533008896

QuoteLane Kiffin admitted Thursday Joey Freshwater is a "good name" but denied ever using it as an alias.

"No, I have not," Kiffin said about using Joey Freshwater. "I've used Jimmy Chestnut but not Joey Freshwater."

Kiffin, now the head coach at Florida Atlantic, laughed and then said he was just kidding about Jimmy Chestnut.

"Someone told me Joey Freshwater is the best thing I've ever heard," Kiffin said," and I said 'Well, his friend is Jimmy Chestnut and is just as good."

The Joey Freshwater story has followed the former Alabama offensive coordinator for years. The story goes that when Kiffin went out at local watering holes, he told people his name was Joey Freshwater.

Kiffin said he even saw a female Alabama fan wearing an Alabama jersey with "Freshwater" on the back at one of the Crimson Tide's games.

"People write things that aren't true," Kiffin said. "It is what it is. I would like to think that people I've worked with, people who have worked for me or have been around me a lot say very different than what's out there by people who don't know me."

In an enlightening interview, Kiffin also revealed that he hasn't talked to Alabama head coach Nick Saban aside from a few text messages since he left after the Peach Bowl...

jbcarol

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Hogarusa on April 24, 2016, 03:56:21 pm
What could you find confusing about those tweets? Tennessee tweet said roll tide roll '16 with an interstate sign to Knoxville and the Auburn tweet was the outcomes of the last 2 Iron Bowl games (although Auburn had 44, not 19)

Its not great trolling but tbf, with most of the SEC fanbases, you really do have to K.I.S.S in order for folks to follow

I think those may have been the USC-OU and AU-VT scores from the end of the '04 season...

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/888081021731840000

Quote"Do I wish I was there for that game? Sure I do," Kiffin said. "It's very hard to watch, and obviously a game that's a one-play game, you'd like to think maybe you could make a difference in that game. What really stood out was when Reuben Foster, Jalen Hurts and Cam Robinson, you see them on a TV screen, walking off that field, after all the work they do."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell 5h5 hours ago

Lane Kiffin hilariously makes a recruiting pitch to Odell Beckham Jr. on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/897289470965420032

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country Vols‏Verified account @SECCountryVols Oct 27

Lane Kiffin trolls Tennessee fans on Twitter, again http://sec.news/2yRlcSg   #VFL

QuoteThose are some great zingers from the former Vols coach. It's unlikely Kiffin would be welcomed back in Knoxville, but a pairing would make sense if not for his abrupt departure after the 2009 season.

Still, Tennessee is likely to be looking for a coach to replace Butch Jones and Kiffin would presumably listen to offers from major programs.

As is, Kiffin is succeeding with Florida Atlantic. He has the Owls at 4-3...

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Lane Kiffin talks Nick Saban, social media: 'I don't really think before I tweet'

Quote"I don't really think before I tweet," Kiffin said when asked about his attitude toward social media. "I like to get a reaction. I like to make people laugh."

The coach of FAU--which has already become bowl eligible at 7-3 and has a chance to play for the Conference USA championship after finishing a dismal 3-9 last year--has gone on social media to do everything from trolling other Florida teams to hyping up his own "Lane Train."

He added that his advice to his own players about using Twitter would be quite simple.

"Do as I say, not as I do," he laughed.

When explaining why he used Nick Saban's story about rat poison in his own tweets, he said that he learned from the master of motivation and would be crazy not to use whatever he can to motivate his players and fans.

jbcarol

SEC Country Vols‏Verified account @SECCountryVols
Nov 17

Lane Kiffin offers to send Tennessee gear to fan trying to lure Jon Gruden to Knoxville http://sec.news/2mGIDJp   #VFL

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

Lane would burn the place down! I see a replay of Briles at Baylor!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 24, 2016, 01:22:18 pm
Does the fact that I don't really get the tweets make me dumb? Or just twilliterate?

I'm with you - do not get it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Lane Kiffin on Tennessee job: 'John Currie never expressed interest,' explains trolling Nick Saban

QuoteLane Kiffin, despite his name being speculated about for the Tennessee job, hasn't given the open coaching position much thought.

The Florida Atlantic coach told The Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday the reason is athletic director John Currie hasn't really shown any interest.

"I have not talked to the athletic director," Kiffin said. "Jimmy Sexton is my agent. You know how those things go. When they first come down, they talk to the agents. John Currie made it clear, I guess, to (Sexton) who he was interested in, and Jimmy had Greg Schiano also. ...

"I've not thought about it at all, because John Currie never expressed any interest."

Kiffin led the Vols to a 7-6 season in 2009 before leaving for Southern Cal.

The former Alabama offensive coordinator has taken Florida Atlantic, which was 3-9 a year ago, to a 9-3 campaign in his first year at the helm.

"These kids are having a blast," Kiffin said. "Shoot, they've won eight games in a  row. It's pretty easy to have fun doing that."

jbcarol

Nick Saban cheats, according to an anonymous coach.

At least one head coach has spoken out about the comment, and he is using his name.

QuoteFAU coach Lane Kiffin, who was Nick Saban's offensive coordinator at Alabama, flat out said Saban's success has nothing to do with cheating.

"He's the best recruiter in the world because of the time he spends," Kiffin told Colin Cowherd, per The Spun. "He's on the phone with recruits every single day. at night he has a list of recruits he's personally calling himself."

"The only cheating they do is he works harder than everybody else."

He later took to Twitter to defend his earlier remarks.

https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/1032725355730272256