Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shreveport alright with you guys?

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, October 06, 2013, 05:04:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky The Curse

Any bowl game is a good bowl game in the first year with a new head coach. Extra practice for the team is always good, and you have a great chance to end the season on a high note.

I don't mind Shreveport that much. I know people say it is a dump, but there is gambling, drinking, and a good time to be had. What more do you need?

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 06, 2013, 05:08:14 pm
I'd take it in a second at this point.

This... Heck I'd take the New Orleans bowl for a re-match with ULM...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ā 

Hoggiedawg

I'd love it, but we aren't going to win 3 more games this season unfortunately.

superior_wang

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 06, 2013, 05:13:31 pm
Gonna have to beat Auburn and MSU. At home I like our chances. Other than that, we have to split Carolina and Ole Miss, which is asking a lot.

not seeing that .

ATLHog

I genuinely like Hogs' chances at 6 wins- Auburn, Miss, Miss State with open dates to prepare for them. South Carolina is such a huge game this weekend.

hogsanity

IF any team we have left have a QB that can throw the ball, not well, not far, just physically capable of throwing a FB, then winning those games is going to be tough.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: moses_007 on October 07, 2013, 02:06:52 am
No way this team wins 6 games.

DANG Skippy, I was hoping you were on a self imposed exile after all of the RIDUCULOUS posts you made on Saturday.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Jek Tono Porkins

Shreveport is fine with me. You gotta crawl before you can walk and you gotta walk before you can run.

Also, I don't get why people think we're not going to beat Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss State. Those are very winnable games. Just because we didn't beat the SEC's best offense and the SEC's best defense doesn't mean we can't win an SEC game.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 06, 2013, 05:13:31 pm
Gonna have to beat Auburn and MSU. At home I like our chances. Other than that, we have to split Carolina and Ole Miss, which is asking a lot.

I like our chances against MSU, but I'm extremely iffy on Auburn and South Carolina, and I'm starting to see Ole Miss as a loss.  I think the blueprint on how to beat us is pretty simple: throw it as often as you can.  Our defensive line can stop the run, but our pass defense can't stop anything, and it's not something we can scheme around because our linebackers aren't good in coverage.  Heck, Florida isn't even a passing team and they threw all over us. 

If I'm an opposing coach, I'd throw every down against us and go for it on 4th down every time unless I'm inside my own 35.  If I'm an opposing AD, I'm firing my coach in the locker room immediately after the game if he tries to run it more than 5 times in the first 3 quarters. 

hogsanity

Quote from: ReddieHawg on October 07, 2013, 11:29:12 am
Also, I don't get why people think we're not going to beat Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss State.

HAve you not seen the hogs pass defense the last 3 games?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: hogsanity on October 07, 2013, 11:59:17 am
HAve you not seen the hogs pass defense the last 3 games?
Auburn's passing offense is 103rd in D-1.
Ole Miss' is 67th in D-1.
Miss State's is 54th in D-1.

They're not going to be slinging the ball over our heads.

And yes, I've seen our pass defense. I've seen our pass defense get torched against the most prolific offense in the league and I've seen our pass defense whiff on two plays against Florida at the Swamp. Auburn, Miss State, and Ole Miss are not on the same level as A&M and Florida.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Ā 

Hawg Balling

Quote from: ReddieHawg on October 07, 2013, 01:02:58 pm
Auburn's passing offense is 103rd in D-1.
Ole Miss' is 67th in D-1.
Miss State's is 54th in D-1.

They're not going to be slinging the ball over our heads.

And yes, I've seen our pass defense. I've seen our pass defense get torched against the most prolific offense in the league and I've seen our pass defense whiff on two plays against Florida at the Swamp. Auburn, Miss State, and Ole Miss are not on the same level as A&M and Florida.

And what was Florida's?

I don't think you're understanding the fact that you don't have to run the air raid offense to beat this secondary.  If I'm an opposing coach of *any* team, I'm throwing every down against the Hogs until they stop it consistently.  Florida tried to run early against us and couldn't get anything going, but they were doing a pretty decent job of passing the football (and they're about as far from a pass-oriented offense as it gets) and decided to stick with it, and it's what beat us. 

Rutgers did the same thing last year -- Flood tried to run in the first half, but when they realized they could pass, they did it extensively and it's how they won the game. 

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Hogwild

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine on October 07, 2013, 10:16:18 am
This... Heck I'd take the New Orleans bowl for a re-match with ULM...

Funny you would say that, La tech turned down the Independence Bowl last year because they didn't want to play ULM.  Instead LA Tech had to sit at home while Ohio beat ULM by 5 touchdowns.

three hog night

I have no problem with bowling in Shreveport, because it will give us access to North Louisiana recruits!!!!    AU is trending up, Ole Miss is having some problems on offense and Misstake is a mess.    Ole Miss as to play aTm this weekend and that will tell us a lot about OM.

Quote from: ReddieHawg on October 07, 2013, 11:29:12 am
Shreveport is fine with me. You gotta crawl before you can walk and you gotta walk before you can run.

Also, I don't get why people think we're not going to beat Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss State. Those are very winnable games. Just because we didn't beat the SEC's best offense and the SEC's best defense doesn't mean we can't win an SEC game.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

memphishog

if the hogs are bowl eligible, you can bet the house the liberty bowl will take them. 

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: HenduHog on October 06, 2013, 07:49:57 pm
I'd push going to the Toilet Bowl if it gave us extra practice time.

And I'd set in the toilet to watch it too.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

pitbull1

If Arkansas can beat SC this week, I believe the only way we get 6 games, would be to beat the Miss teams.  Auburn is playing real good ball right now.  But yes, if Arkansas can pull 6 wins, I'll take any bowl this year.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: Hogfan991 on October 06, 2013, 05:15:40 pm
No. Shreveport is a complete dump.

You stay home.. The rest of us with have fun at the dump.  When did Arkansas fans become so concerned with stadium accouterments...?
We're getting overrun with a bunch a fancy pants girly men..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BigSexyHog

This pretty much sums it up for me

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

code red

I have my reservations about our ability to make a bowl.  The equation for beating the hogs is to lockup and cheat the safeties.  Brandon & our wideouts must be able to stretch the field.  If not. He might be on the injury list again.  Until this happens I think we only win a couple more...maybe.  I know I sound like Debbie Downer.  But, if you look at all our games that we have lost...defenses always adjust mid 2nd Qtr. or halftime....and it works.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

the_kosher_pig

From my understanding after winning 10 games they were waiting for an invite to a better bowl.  Which is understandable after playing ATM tight that year. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Ā 

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

GoHogs1091

Shreveport is better than nothing.

We really need the extra practices that comes with playing in a Bowl Game.

MrThunderhog

you take what you can get. I just cant see winning 3 more games.
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

TheRazorbackGuy

Shreveport would be solid. For instance, we could go down there and stomp Texas in Mack Brown's final game!

Dropkick

We will win three more games.

(4:13 pm. October 10, 2013)

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: Dropkick on October 10, 2013, 04:13:46 pm
We will win three more games.

(4:13 pm. October 10, 2013)

Please be right.

hog911

LOL! My sides are hurting!!!! Unless take a team with 3 or 4 wins we aren't going bowling!!!!!

hog911

tophawg19

Quote from: hog911 on October 10, 2013, 05:08:22 pm
LOL! My sides are hurting!!!! Unless take a team with 3 or 4 wins we aren't going bowling!!!!!
SO . CAROLINA , OLE MISS , MSU , and Auburn are all beatable and are more in line with us talent wise . we are getting better but were over matched by Florida in talent . Also a few bad breaks and calls killed this team mentally. A&M has the firepower to go against anyone . we got behind and had to play away from our strengths . the pick 6's in both games killed our team . we were in both games till that point . Mentally we aren't a good team yet . adversity against good teams takes them back to last year and they quit competing .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

nichc85

Gladly will pack and follow the Hogs if they can get us there!

FBREW000

Quote from: memphishog on October 10, 2013, 08:56:43 am
if the hogs are bowl eligible, you can bet the house the liberty bowl will take them. 
This... THIS>>> THIS!

THe liberty has been upgrading and getting ready to up their payouts for the future.  THey now have suites, a great tailgating area with lighting and heating if you know who to ask :)  New Turf, new Big Screen, much better bowl and AR will not drop through the Liberty to the Port!  If.. IF WE WIN 3 more... big IF

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: FBREW000 on October 10, 2013, 06:26:46 pm
  This... THIS>>> THIS!

THe liberty has been upgrading and getting ready to up their payouts for the future.  THey now have suites, a great tailgating area with lighting and heating if you know who to ask :)  New Turf, new Big Screen, much better bowl and AR will not drop through the Liberty to the Port!  If.. IF WE WIN 3 more... big IF

not if.... when

I don't expect us to beat SC but if we did, then 6 is possible.  We do play better at home and that is about all thats on our side right now.  If any team gives us their best shot, I think that team beats us.  I do not believe we are just better than anyone left on our schedule.

TheRazorbackGuy

Arkansas wins 6 games, heard it here first

Dropkick

Iwastherein1969

was at Bossier City just yesterday....got down over 300 bucks and made a great comeback betting the ponies at Keeneland to get it to 42 dollars in the black...helluva place....I'm "all in" for Shreveport/Bossier
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hogcard1964

Rockpig5

Thinking we're not going to make that either.....

hogcard1964

Quote from: Rockpig5 on October 13, 2013, 06:00:46 am
Thinking we're not going to make that either.....

That would be pathetic.

Calling All Hogs

Shreveport appears to be more of a 3-5 year goal.

hogcard1964

Quote from: CallMeHog on October 13, 2013, 08:07:07 am
Shreveport appears to be more of a 3-5 year goal.

I see what you infer.  If Beliema doesn't pan out, it starts all over again.