Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bryce Harper is a punk.

Started by pigture perfect, May 10, 2016, 12:53:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

He is absolutely the biggest baby in the League. So much talent, yet he can't control his emotions. I know some emotions are essential, but you can be out of control. I hope he gets suspended for at least 5 games but hopefully 10. I don't want kids that I coach seeing that behavior.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GolfNut57

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 10, 2016, 12:53:09 am
He is absolutely the biggest baby in the League. So much talent, yet he can't control his emotions. I know some emotions are essential, but you can be out of control. I hope he gets suspended for at least 5 games but hopefully 10. I don't want kids that I coach seeing that behavior.

what did he do?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Dr. Starcs

But let me guess, Yadier Molina is one of your favorites.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xfV1U5dRU4Q

clutch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 10, 2016, 03:00:26 am
what did he do?

Got tossed for yelling from the dugout. It happens.

southarkhog06

Quote from: clutch on May 10, 2016, 08:41:13 am
well he also got caught yelling f*** you at the ump during the celebration, kinda dooshy but doesn't really warrant a suspension. Papelbon aught to fit in well with them lol.

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on May 10, 2016, 08:41:13 am

After my post I went and looked at the Nats website to see his "unforgivable" infraction. Getting tossed from a game for arguing with the ump and even during the celebration to utter profanity is not ideal behavior but it still doesn't warrant suspension. He never made a move to make contact with the umpire. And with it just boiling down to being a verbal altercation all Harper is looking at is likely being fined.

Same goes for the Yankee fans that think Ortiz should be suspended for his outburst last Friday night vs Ron Kulpa. Arguing with the umpires should NEVER be reason for a suspension unless physical contact is included. Otherwise you would have certain umps out there deliberately baiting players and managers just to see them get suspended. Getting tossed from the game is punishment enough.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dropkick

Cardinal fans seem a bit edgy lately......................................................

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

clutch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 10, 2016, 04:33:02 pm
After my post I went and looked at the Nats website to see his "unforgivable" infraction. Getting tossed from a game for arguing with the ump and even during the celebration to utter profanity is not ideal behavior but it still doesn't warrant suspension. He never made a move to make contact with the umpire. And with it just boiling down to being a verbal altercation all Harper is looking at is likely being fined.

Same goes for the Yankee fans that think Ortiz should be suspended for his outburst last Friday night vs Ron Kulpa. Arguing with the umpires should NEVER be reason for a suspension unless physical contact is included. Otherwise you would have certain umps out there deliberately baiting players and managers just to see them get suspended. Getting tossed from the game is punishment enough.

I agree. I'd be curious to hear what all else went on. The ump said that he almost tossed him in the 4th inning for arguing balls and strikes. I wouldn't be surprised if what he said in the dugout was minor and the ump had just been waiting for the chance to toss him. Harper shouldn't have said F you to him after the game, but I know how some umps are. They get on a power trip and it's hard to hold back sometimes.

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on May 10, 2016, 10:48:42 pm
I agree. I'd be curious to hear what all else went on. The ump said that he almost tossed him in the 4th inning for arguing balls and strikes. I wouldn't be surprised if what he said in the dugout was minor and the ump had just been waiting for the chance to toss him. Harper shouldn't have said F you to him after the game, but I know how some umps are. They get on a power trip and it's hard to hold back sometimes.

From what I read it was said several players were at the rail chirping at the ump but amazingly.....lol.....he singled out Harper for the boot.

southarkhog06

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 11, 2016, 07:29:05 am
From what I read it was said several players were at the rail chirping at the ump but amazingly.....lol.....he singled out Harper for the boot.
from the video I saw, there were indeed several players at the rails but Harper was beside Baker on the steps. Still it definitely looked like he was looking for an excuse to toss Harper.

Harper's whole "make baseball fun again" crap irritates me way more than him mouthing at Blue.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 10, 2016, 06:50:33 am
But let me guess, Yadier Molina is one of your favorites.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xfV1U5dRU4Q
i admit that is stupid, but he's earned his. Harper has done nothing so far to deserve his attitude. Say your piece, move on. Don't come back later and cry about it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 13, 2016, 08:36:38 pm
i admit that is stupid, but he's earned his. Harper has done nothing so far to deserve his attitude. Say your piece, move on. Don't come back later and cry about it.

Harper might be the best player in the game right now. I get that he hasn't been for that long, but over the past 2 seasons he's been about as good as you could be.

McKdaddy

Quote from: clutch on May 13, 2016, 09:23:12 pm
Harper might be the best player in the game right now. I get that he hasn't been for that long, but over the past 2 seasons he's been about as good as you could be.

Agreed, right behind Trout.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin