Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Chicken Chili Recipe.....

Started by Boarcephus, December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Slacker

Just printed out this recipe. Going grocery shopping tomorrow. It's in que.

Slacker

Boarcephus, what size pot you use for this?

Boarcephus

Quote from: Slacker on October 19, 2012, 03:43:17 pm
Boarcephus, what size pot you use for this?

I use a 6 qt Dutch Oven and it's plenty big but I used the Dutch Oven every time I make a soup, gumbo, or chili.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Shag66 on October 19, 2012, 04:32:41 pm
BAP size...

If you make the whole recipe you will fill up a 6 qt dutch oven to the rim...

Shag, this won't fill up a 6 qt dutch oven,  There's not that much in it. 4 cans of corn and beans, couple pounds of chicken, 4 cups of chicken broth and that's about it.

Slacker, lots of room for it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Slacker

I used an 8 qrt. PLENTY OF ROOM.

Fantastic and awesomely easy.

I did put 14 oz. Of green chilies in mine, cause I am a fan of green chilies.

Keeper recipe.

Slacker

Oh, & a few notes on prep. Might be a good idea to sweat the onions first. I also cooked mine down about 10 more minutes before adding the sour cream. Might not have to cook longer if you pre cook the onions first. MHO.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Slacker on October 19, 2012, 08:28:22 pm
I used an 8 qrt. PLENTY OF ROOM.

Fantastic and awesomely easy.

I did put 14 oz. Of green chilies in mine, cause I am a fan of green chilies.

Keeper recipe.

Been waiting on your critique and glad you liked it.

All I can say is it's something a little different that's pretty easy to make.

Tomorrow is huge porterhouse's from Fresh Market day.  $7.99 a pound and they will be great!

DeltaBoy

A cold snap coming to DFW this weekend so I going to make the family a batch.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

old hog

Went to Lonnie's Meat Market today and picked up some fresh cut rib eyes that they made up for me. My favorite cut of meat, with a good porterhouse right behind it. Plan on cooking them this evening. Not sure if I'll grill them or panfry. Love em both ways.

zane

It's football season which means its white chicken chili time!
RIP LSUfan

SteveInArk

Yes ... the resurrection of this thread each and every year is critical to newcomers.  Absolutely our favorite recipe off HV over the years.  Yum.
:D
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

DeltaBoy

It real good and great for cold fall weekends.

Bigfoot

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am
Guys, started making this and it's great.   Wanted something a little different and came across this.   Not bad, certainly not low fat but good none the less.

White CHICKEN CHILI

In a large pot add the following:

2 POUNDS CHOPPED CHICKEN (I used a large rotisserie chicken from the SuperCenter and I used only the breast and thigh meat)
½  medium chopped onion
2 cans Navy Beans with liquid
2 cans White Corn drained
2 blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3-4 cups Chicken Broth (depends on how thick you like it)
2 packages McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
1 tsp White Pepper
½ TBS Minced Garlic
Decent dose of Cavenders
1 can chopped Green Chilies

Bring to a boil and add simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add one small container (8 oz I think) sour cream and stir in and simmer for 5 minutes.

Ready to eat!  Throw some sharp cheddar cheese and some fritoes on top and you're ready to go.

Directions to Flavortown right here.

Gonna have to try it.

Hogwop

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 07, 2011, 11:01:34 am
Yummy sounding and might have to try this since the daughter breaks out eating tomato's.

I still can't imagine not being able to eat tomatoes

A friend of mine makes this white chicken chili, but hers always has what i'm assuming is bay leaves in it. I'll try to get her recipe and put it up on here because it is EXCELLENT
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

SteveInArk

Quote from: Bigfoot on September 25, 2013, 12:23:16 pm

Directions to Flavortown right here.

Gonna have to try it.

It is a "winter" staple for us now ... and a few months before and after, LOL!
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

DeltaBoy

The best use of Philly Cream Cheese I have found.

TomasPistola

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 04, 2013, 08:37:38 am
The best use of Philly Cream Cheese I have found.

Made some for my employees this week. I don't even use the recipe anymore. Just throw in what I have. It's awesome.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

SteveInArk

Yeah, we've adjusted a little when necessary...  the basic recipe is so solid, little changes here and there still produce great stuff.

BTW, I love to use heavily-smoked chicken (from home or store bought) ... that flavor is great.

DeltaBoy

It is time to make it again this weekend.

SPAL

SPAL

This is awesome. I made a batch friday night and ate a couple of bowls. Took the rest to work and they licked it clean. Everybody wanted the recipe. This will be in my rotation for sure.

DeltaBoy

It is worth sharing. My next batch will have a small can of green Hatch Chilies added.

DeltaBoy

It is worth sharing. My next batch will have a small can of green Hatch Chilies added.

SPAL

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 04, 2013, 02:35:32 pm

That's what I used this time

Hogoverseas

I think I may make this tomorrow for dinner. Sounds awesome.

SteveInArk

Quote from: Hogoverseas on November 04, 2013, 06:11:49 pm
I think I may make this tomorrow for dinner. Sounds awesome.

We've been making batches of this for going on three years.  It's one of our winter mainstays.

It makes quite a lot, but it freezes well for later (leave out the sour cream you add at the end -- for the portion to be frozen -- and put in later) ...  but honestly, we rarely have to freeze any, LOL!
;D

DeltaBoy

Quote from: SteveInArk on November 04, 2013, 06:18:27 pm
We've been making batches of this for going on three years.  It's one of our winter mainstays.

It makes quite a lot, but it freezes well for later (leave out the sour cream you add at the end -- for the portion to be frozen -- and put in later) ...  but honestly, we rarely have to freeze any, LOL!
;D

If I make it Friday evening it is all gone by the time the first NFL game is over Sunday.

SPAL

Made another batch of this crack like substance and couldn't find the seasoning envelopes at Walmart or harps . So I made my own....it worked in a pinch but if you ever run in to the situation, here is how I remedied the situation...

1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I guessed on the amounts because I typically eyeball the amounts.

Boarcephus

November 06, 2013, 05:23:35 am #79 Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:26:44 am by Boarcephus
You guys are about to talk me into making this again!  Been busy making gumbo, chili, shrimp creole and shrimp etouffee but it may be time to revisit an old favorite.  Getting to be that time of year again with a freeze warning out for Fayetteville tonight.

rcopela

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 06, 2013, 05:23:35 am
You guys are about to talk me into making this again!  Been busy making gumbo, chili, shrimp creole and shrimp etouffee but it may be time to revisit an old favorite.  Getting to be that time of year again with a freeze warning out for Fayetteville tonight.
Made it last night as it was cold and rainy in Fayetteville, hero to my family again...

DeltaBoy

Quote from: rcopela on November 06, 2013, 07:37:34 am
Made it last night as it was cold and rainy in Fayetteville, hero to my family again...

Yep add a pan of Cornbread and your set.

DeltaBoy

I made it today between causing the Hogs play calling.

DeltaBoy

November 11, 2013, 12:25:30 pm #83 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:00:14 am by DeltaBoy
I got about 2 cups left out of a old 8 quart Dutch oven.  The family devoured it but I used only a pound of chicken this time and a extra can of corn.

SPAL

Is it bad that I made this last weekend, then again on Tuesday, and wanna make it again?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 11, 2013, 09:41:02 pm
Is it bad that I made this last weekend, then again on Tuesday, and wanna make it again?

Nope if your waist line can stand it make it again this week.

SPAL

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 12, 2013, 11:00:44 am
Nope if your waist line can stand it make it again this week.

When I hit 30, this battle became much harder.

Boarcephus

November 12, 2013, 06:47:04 pm #87 Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:55:53 am by Boarcephus
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 12, 2013, 05:29:01 pm
When I hit 30, this battle became much harder.

I never had a weight problem till I hit the mid 40 age and then it's been a battle ever since.  Used to be when I put on an extra 10-15 pounds I could crash that off in a matter of a couple weeks, but now days, I look at a pizza coupon and gain 2 pounds.

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 12, 2013, 06:47:04 pm
I never had a weight problem till I hit the mid 40 age and then it's been a battle ever since.  Used to be when I put on an extra 10-15 pounds I could crash that off in a matter of a couple weeks, but now days, I look at a pizza coupon and gain 2 pounds.
Now thats funny
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

Quote from: BR on November 13, 2013, 07:48:23 am
Now thats funny

Glad you're here.  What do you think of this....smoking a turkey on the  egg for Thanksgiving.  Turning the plate setter upside down, placing a aluminum pan on top and filling it with Mojo Marniade and placing the turkey on the grill directly above it and smoking it.  Shouldn't that give me a darn moist bird???

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 12, 2013, 06:47:04 pm

Yep and I found some more of my WCC, Mommy put in the refreezer so I will have the last of it for supper tonite.

porkinsons disease

Making mine now. Did not smoke the chicken for the 1st time, but it will still be some good cold weather eatin'
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

DeltaBoy

Quote from: porkinsons disease on November 13, 2013, 12:44:59 pm
Making mine now. Did not smoke the chicken for the 1st time, but it will still be some good cold weather eatin'

My Wife said no more till after Christmas cause she scared she will gain weight.

SPAL

This has turned into an obsession

[attachment deleted by admin]

SteveInArk

DeltaBoy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 20, 2013, 02:37:10 pm
This has turned into an obsession

Looks like the batch I made ! YUMMMY!

bigstyx

Made it tonight for the first time, it was absolutely awesome. Just cooked 4 large cut up chicken breasts in the dutch oven and added from there. Don't know that it can be improved upon, but next time I'm cooking a whole chicken on the egg and using Hatch chiles that I roasted in August and froze.

SteveInArk

And remember. If you're out of time.  The cooked rotisserie chickens at any big market are perfect for a shortcut.  Chili in short order.  ;)

Boarcephus

All right, you guys have talked me into trying this again.  About burned myself out on it when I posted it so it's about that time again.  Got everything but the chicken and I'll pick that up this afternoon at the Supercenter.  That is a helluva easy way to do chicken for this deal.

SPAL

Quote from: SteveInArk on November 22, 2013, 09:22:08 pm
And remember. If you're out of time.  The cooked rotisserie chickens at any big market are perfect for a shortcut.  Chili in short order.  ;)

I prefer it. I usually use a garlic/herb rostissere bird. It's just so easy and flavorful.