Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Chicken Chili Recipe.....

Started by Boarcephus, December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:33:20 am by Boarcephus
Guys, started making this and it's great.   Wanted something a little different and came across this.   Not bad, certainly not low fat but good none the less.

White CHICKEN CHILI

In a large pot add the following:

2 POUNDS CHOPPED CHICKEN (I used a large rotisserie chicken from the SuperCenter and I used only the breast and thigh meat)
½  medium chopped onion
2 cans Navy Beans with liquid
2 cans White Corn drained
2 blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3-4 cups Chicken Broth (depends on how thick you like it)
2 packages McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
1 tsp White Pepper
½ TBS Minced Garlic
Decent dose of Cavenders
1 can chopped Green Chilies

Bring to a boil and add simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add one small container (8 oz I think) sour cream and stir in and simmer for 5 minutes.

Ready to eat!  Throw some sharp cheddar cheese and some fritoes on top and you're ready to go.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Yummy sounding and might have to try this since the daughter breaks out eating tomato's.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 07, 2011, 11:01:34 am
Yummy sounding and might have to try this since the daughter breaks out eating tomato's.
I made it and took it to a OR party at the hospital 3 weeks ago and folks raved about it.  Really easy to make and it's, just, different.  The last batch I made I bought the chicken from the Super Center and one of those boxes of chicken broth and used all of it and it's 4 cups.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Pulled(PP)pork

definitely different from my recipe...

6 cans Great Northern Beans
16 oz of grated Pepper Jack Cheese
I cup chicken broth
1 cup thick and chunky salsa
2 tsp of Cumin
1 pound of cubed chicken

Cheese goes in last

PP

Boarcephus

January 08, 2011, 08:13:09 am #4 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:22:15 am by Boarcephus
6 cans of beans sure sounds like a lot of beans for no more than you're making. 

When you get the urge to make it again, try the one I posted and let me know what you think.  I'm not sure "healthy" ever comes into play making chili but yours looks healthier but anytime a recipe calls for cream cheese, I'm trying it!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 08, 2011, 08:13:09 am
6 cans of beans sure sounds like a lot of beans for no more than you're making. 

When you get the urge to make it again, try the one I posted and let me know what you think.  I'm not sure "healthy" ever comes into play making chili but yours looks healthier but anytime a recipe calls for cream cheese, I'm trying it!
haha, we are polar opposites, if it calls for cream cheese, Im avoiding it.

It makes quite a bit, picked up the recipe from my aunt in cali

PP

Boarcephus

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 08, 2011, 08:39:50 am
haha, we are polar opposites, if it calls for cream cheese, Im avoiding it.
PP

Good!  Leaves more for me!   ;)

SteveInArk

We don't go down our 0.6 mile, steep hillside in the snow, if we can help it!  So we stocked up a little today for the coming storm.  Bought all the ingredients for the white chili recipe, Boarcephus, exactly as you listed.  Looking forward to trying it.  (we hadn't had any Cavender's on hand in quite a while, so will be nice to have it for other stuff.)

Expecting to have the chili tonight!  ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Boarcephus

Quote from: SteveInArk on January 09, 2011, 02:24:29 pm
We don't go down our 0.6 mile, steep hillside in the snow, if we can help it!  So we stocked up a little today for the coming storm.  Bought all the ingredients for the white chili recipe, Boarcephus, exactly as you listed.  Looking forward to trying it.  (we hadn't had any Cavender's on hand in quite a while, so will be nice to have it for other stuff.)

Expecting to have the chili tonight!  ;)

Sounds good!  After you try it, let me know what changes you'd make.  Always open for ways to make something better.

BTW, went to Sam's yesterday and bought one of those 2 pound Dungeness Crabs.  Never tried one but scratched that itch yesterday.   Fired the egg up threw it on for about 10 minutes a side, cracked that sucker and ate it with a little melted garlic butter.  The flavor was great but man, that's a lot of work to go through but it was different.    Plan on doing it again next Saturday now that I half way know what I'm doing! 

SteveInArk

It is pretty much ready... just stalling till dark to eat.  But every time I walk by I eat 2-3 big spoons full... wife is getting "irritated" at me!  ;D

Our local mart smokes lots of stuff and their rotisserie chickens have some amount smoke flavor to them (not sure what they do).  The one we got was "Chipotle Garlic" one, no traditional rotisserie left.  So that flavored things some, though most of that spice flavor was on the skin, which we removed.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

SteveInArk

Okay, back from stuffing myself on the chili.... it was outstanding.  Best part, my wife (great, great cook) was "really" impressed.  Ginny told me to tell you that she changes up most recipes and she intends to NOT change anything.  The recipe is a keeper.

We were nibbling on it earlier before she put in the sour cream.  She let it cool somewhat, waiting till dinner, so she held off on that until the final heating.  Amazing how important the sour cream is ...  took the edge off the richness and finished it off well.  When buying the can of chopped green chilies at our local market, we tried a new brand HATCH (fire-roasted,  diced green chilies).  Had not seen them before, nice strong flavor.

Boarcephus

Glad you two liked it.  It's really very easy to make.  I have not seen the Hatch, fire roasted chilies but will have to be on the lookout for them.  I make a shrimp bisque and mexican chicken dishes where I use the chilies and will throw them in these if I can find them. 

I've toyed with the idea of adding sausage to this but have not done so.  It's pretty darn good as it is.

rcopela

Boar,
Made this over the weekend, was a big hit with wife and both daughters

sainthog

Made this last night. Was easy to make and the wife and I really enjoyed it. Will definitely make again.
Thanks

card2

Boar,
The wife and I made this last night and will surely make it again. It is a really good change of pace from just regular chilli.

Thanks!
"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."

VBRazorback

Going to try this tonight but use pinto beans that i made earlier this week when snowed in. Got chicken breast that i need to cook up so I plan to slice in pieces and season with cavenders and white pepper. I will let you know how it turns out. Does it get better the next day like stews do?

SteveInArk

Quote from: VBRazorback on February 03, 2011, 08:54:01 am
... Does it get better the next day like stews do?

In my opinion, great the first day, just as good or better the next.  ;D  We made it again for the ice/snow storm this week also. 

VBRazorback

well i made a pot last night. i used fresh chicken breast and cut up into small pieces. i put a lot of cavenders on it before fryinging it in peanut oil. i did all the steps except the sour cream since it is for supper tonight. my wife walked by and i said try this. i couldn't keep her out of it. awesome recipe.

Boarcephus

glad you liked it.  About all you do is open cans and throw them in a pot.  Really one of the easier recipes I've come across.

Shag66

making this tonight...  looking forward to it!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Shag66 on February 04, 2011, 06:06:36 pm
making this tonight...  looking forward to it!

Hell Shag, you're one of the biggest eaters here!  Let me know if this meets your "expert" approval.  Guess you could do it on the egg.  Hmmmmm, that's a thought.  ;)

pigture perfect

I had some around New Years and got the recipe. Of course I lost it. Now I know where to find the recipe anytime. Cool!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Shag66

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 04, 2011, 06:12:59 pm
Hell Shag, you're one of the biggest eaters here!  Let me know if this meets your "expert" approval.  Guess you could do it on the egg.  Hmmmmm, that's a thought.  ;)

Oh it was excellent!  Made a hell of a batch though!  I should have split it in half... 

The wife is the big food tester here and she gave it two enthusiastic thumbs up! 

It was excellent!

SteveInArk

Quote from: Shag66 on February 04, 2011, 08:02:30 pm
Oh it was excellent!  Made a hell of a batch though!  I should have split it in half... 

The wife is the big food tester here and she gave it two enthusiastic thumbs up! 

It was excellent!

Only two of us here.  We eat two big meals of it, then freeze two packets for two more meals later.  It is a lot.

VBRazorback

Same here. Its my wife and I with a 2 year old and a 3 year old. We had it for supper and then lunch the next day. I still had to throw some of it out.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

SteveInArk

Quote from: tallahasseehog on May 02, 2011, 02:00:09 pm
Great recipe. Made it this weekend for my housefull of guests. Big crowd pleaser. +1
Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 04, 2011, 08:24:35 pm
Good STuff!
Yes it is!  Ready for a new winter of eating this chili often!  It was a long hot summer, but it's over, LOL.

We bought the ingredients this past weekend to get started again.  BTW, it makes a lot, but freezes well.  Don't throw any out, even a little bowl of it.   :)

SteveInArk

First bowl of the stuff for this 2011/2012 winter season.  And the wife even put fritos on top.
Myself, stayed with jalapeño cornbread on the side.   ;)

Boarcephus

Glad you guys like this!  I haven't made it in awhile but after reading these, I believe it's time once again.

cosmodrum

This looks like another great application for leftover smoked/beer can chicken.

Solid, Boarcephus.
Go away, batin'

Shag66

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 05, 2011, 08:05:18 pm
This looks like another great application for leftover smoked/beer can chicken.

Solid, Boarcephus.

Absolutely.  Whenever I smoke a chicken I always do 2 so we can use the leftovers for this or enchiladas or chicken salad.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Shag66 on December 05, 2011, 10:32:04 pm
Absolutely.  Whenever I smoke a chicken I always do 2 so we can use the leftovers for this or enchiladas or chicken salad.

Chicken salad is usually the route I take.
Go away, batin'

mf256

Thanks Boar !!!!!!

Snow on the ground in Little Rock and the wife and I wanted chili and beer. Decided to make your chili and OMG it was awesome. My wife decided it was a keeper....

Hawgrox

I will be making this Chili next week (and I don't usually cook...grilling don't count does it?)...stand by for reports.

DeltaBoy

VBRazorback

made it this weekend and i forgot just how good it is. 

TomasPistola

So I tried this tonight. Absolutely awesome. Wife walks in from work and says something smells great. Super, super easy to make. Love it.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

82abn Ard

Saw this and made it last night.  Only problem, my wife no longer likes my old chili!!!  Thanks it was great.

SteveInArk

It's that TIME AGAIN!  A few cool, cloudy days and night ... wife made a huge batch today.  And a full Fall/Winter season ahead to eat your White Chicken Chili recipe, Boarcephus! 

PEtrader

man this sounds awesome, thanks for the bump.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

TomasPistola

Quote from: PEtrader on September 18, 2012, 12:26:19 am
man this sounds awesome, thanks for the bump.

I've made this many, many times since it was posted. My family loves it.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Boarcephus

Have to agree, getting that time of the year again.  Glad you guys like that recipe.  One thing I really like about is it's easy.

I broke down week before last and made a huge batch of regular old chili.  It had been a while but it was good!  Threw a handful of Fritos on top and I was good to go.

DeltaBoy

The Family loves it and it makes for a easy Sat and Sunday meal.   

old hog

Made it today. Man, cant keep myself out of it, even though supper is a few hours away. So simple and tasty. Cut it down by half, thinking it's for only 3 people, but wish I had made the full batch, now.
Must attempt to keep out of it or none will be left for anyone else.

zane

Made this last Wednesday and I ate myself silly! This is some good stuff. It makes a huge batch- I have a big freezer bag left over.
RIP LSUfan

Slacker

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 31, 2010, 05:41:49 am
Guys, started making this and it's great.   Wanted something a little different and came across this.   Not bad, certainly not low fat but good none the less.

White CHICKEN CHILI

In a large pot add the following:

2 POUNDS CHOPPED CHICKEN (I used a large rotisserie chicken from the SuperCenter and I used only the breast and thigh meat)
½  medium chopped onion
2 cans Navy Beans with liquid
2 cans White Corn drained
2 blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3-4 cups Chicken Broth (depends on how thick you like it)
2 packages McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning
1 tsp White Pepper
½ TBS Minced Garlic
Decent dose of Cavenders
1 can chopped Green Chilies

Bring to a boil and add simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add one small container (8 oz I think) sour cream and stir in and simmer for 5 minutes.

Ready to eat!  Throw some sharp cheddar cheese and some fritoes on top and you're ready to go.

Going to make this, this week! Looks yummy!

Boarcephus

Quote from: Slacker on October 14, 2012, 12:20:10 pm
Going to make this, this week! Looks yummy!

I figured you'd already made this Slacker. 

Made a big batch of Chicken and Dumplings the other day using chicken thighs, Mister B's Dumplings and a combination of Velveeta and Velveeta Queso Blanco cheeses.  Talk about comfort food, this is it.

Slacker

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 14, 2012, 06:09:35 pm

Made a big batch of Chicken and Dumplings the other day using chicken thighs, Mister B's Dumplings and a combination of Velveeta and Velveeta Queso Blanco cheeses.  Talk about comfort food, this is it.

I have made a white chili before. But it had cloves and such in it. Smelled awesome cooking. Tasted decent. Your recipe is easy and looks darned good!

I'll dig out that old white chili recipe I had from 15 years ago to share.

Slacker

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 14, 2012, 06:09:35 pm

CREAM OF CHICKEN is the secret to good Chicken and dumplings.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Slacker on October 14, 2012, 06:12:45 pm
CREAM OF CHICKEN is the secret to good Chicken and dumplings.

I'd never thought of using Cream of Chicken but I'd almost bet by the time I cook my dumplings in the chicken broth I boil my thighs in and add my cheeses I get pretty close to the cream of chicken.  This stuff is not good for you but man it's good!