New BB commit

Started by ricepig, June 21, 2017, 06:04:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

tophawg19

man i hope she is that big that we need , a physical inside player
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

flippinhogmana

June 21, 2017, 06:27:52 pm #2 Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:58:59 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: tophawg19 on June 21, 2017, 06:14:55 pm
man i hope she is that big that we need , a physical inside player

Ginger Reese is listed at 5-10/11, but is physical, listed at guard but plays inside as well some.  From Lawton Oklahoma.  She is listed as a three/four star depending on the service.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

She projects as a wing in college - she's listed at 5'11" on prospectsnation, who has her currently ranked as the #59 player in 2019 class.

This is a phenomenal get for the Hogs - great start to the 2019 class!

flippinhogmana

June 21, 2017, 06:39:14 pm #4 Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:49:30 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 21, 2017, 06:34:23 pm
She projects as a wing in college - she's listed at 5'11" on prospectsnation, who has her currently ranked as the #59 player in 2019 class.

This is a phenomenal get for the Hogs - great start to the 2019 class!

Plays on Oklahoma Select AAU team, she isn't ranked all that high (191 in Oklahoma by MaxPreps if I read it right), but then those rating services tend to rank junior and seniors higher, she will no doubt improve in her ratings in the next two years.  Prospects Nation is the highest of the three rating services as you mentioned.

i would say unless she grows a good deal more that she plays the three with her skills set.  She appears to be a good ball handler, a good passer, a good rebounder, and a good free throw shooter-generally a tough competitor. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Max Preps ratings are a joke, so that doesn't concern me at all. And ESPN hasn't done any rankings of 2019s beyond it's top 25, and even those are about a year old. Not claiming that prospectsnation is completely accurate, but I think she's a very good get for us.

(I still want a 2018 commit! Or two!)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 21, 2017, 07:16:16 pm
Max Preps ratings are a joke, so that doesn't concern me at all. And ESPN hasn't done any rankings of 2019s beyond it's top 25, and even those are about a year old. Not claiming that prospectsnation is completely accurate, but I think she's a very good get for us.

(I still want a 2018 commit! Or two!)

True.  and I want that commit to be a 6-6 girl!

As far as Ms. Reece, I cant see that she is a gamer, a play maker, and not just that a leader.  I wouldn't be surprised to see her as a captain (ala MW) someday.

tophawg19

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 21, 2017, 08:00:09 pm
True.  and I want that commit to be a 6-6 girl!

As far as Ms. Reece, I cant see that she is a gamer, a play maker, and not just that a leader.  I wouldn't be surprised to see her as a captain (ala MW) someday.
or maybe a dude that is redshirting from the men's team. Jawanna Mann

psycHOGlogist

Not really sure, but I think Reece is now playing for CyFairElite AAU - they are tweeting congrats at her, which only makes sense if she's in their program. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flippinhogmana

June 21, 2017, 10:51:44 pm #9 Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:40:17 am by flippinhogmana
Quote from: psycHOGlogist on June 21, 2017, 09:51:51 pm
Not really sure, but I think Reece is now playing for CyFairElite AAU - they are tweeting congrats at her, which only makes sense if she's in their program. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could be.  She has her pick from several AAU teams.  Lawton is just minutes from the Texas border and less than an hour from DFW.  She is likely to get better overall competition if she played there, but with the AAU interplay in what amounts to invitational tournaments it all works out.  I suppose whats more important is PT and being with a team and coach that benefits you most.

Here is a write up on her as we have discussed from wholehogsports.

Neighbors adds 2019 guard to commit list
By: Dudley E. Dawson  Published: Wednesday, June 21, 2017Arkansas women's basketball coach Mike Neighbors speaks Tuesday, April 4, 2017, during a ceremony and press conference to announce his hire at the university's basketball practice facility.

FAYETTEVILLE — New Arkansas women's basketball coach Mike Neighbors may be short on numbers for next season, but he is building for the future.
Lawton, Okla., Eisenhower wing and 2019 prospect Ginger Reece (5-10) committed to the Razorbacks on Wednesday.
"I decided to become a Razorback because I absolutely love Coach Neighors and (assistant) Coach Todd (Schaefer)," Reece said. "I had already built a relationship with them at Washington.
"Another reason is the other coaching staff that I met (assistant coach) Lacey (Goldwire), I really liked her and felt like I started building a bond with her also. Finally because of the vibe I got when I was there. It felt as if it were home."

Reece averaged 14.2 points, 5.4 rebounds, 2.3 steals and 2 assists per game in 27 games as a sophomore.
She is a three-star prospect and the No. 5 recruit nationally at her position , according to ESPN, and the No. 59 recruit in the country and a four-star prospect, according to Prospect Nation.

tophawg19

the number 5 player at her position and yet only a 3 star SMH

psycHOGlogist

Those numbers are from ESPN Hoopgurlz, and they have not seriously evaluated the 2019's yet.

flippinhogmana

June 22, 2017, 10:28:27 pm #12 Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:53:00 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: tophawg19 on June 22, 2017, 08:22:18 pm
the number 5 player at her position and yet only a 3 star SMH

Posted by: psycHOGlogist
« on: Today at 08:50:37 pm » Insert Quote
Those numbers are from ESPN Hoopgurlz, and they have not seriously evaluated the 2019's yet.

Besides which, watching her clips, she has the rebounding passion and physicality of Sarah Pfieffer and Melissa Wolff with a guards skills.  I dont see much evidence of her outside shooting in the films,but that may not be her role on the team she is on in them.  I do see intense desire and drive and driving, ball handling skills, an excellent faker and first step that is essential for a driver.  She has a good skill set for the three if she can shoot well from the outside.  I do see a fairly heavy knee brace that she appears to wear all the time, hope she isn't limited in her mobility, but in the films doesn't appear to be.  I didnt see much in the films to show her defense skills either. 

I would also say that she doesn't appear to be intimidated inside, against taller opponents she used either a hook shot or and reverse layup to finish.

tophawg19

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 22, 2017, 10:28:27 pm
Posted by: psycHOGlogist
« on: Today at 08:50:37 pm » Insert Quote

Besides which, watching her clips, she has the rebounding passion and physicality of Sarah Pfieffer and Melissa Wolff with a guards skills.  I dont see much evidence of her outside shooting in the films,but that may not be her role on the team she is on in them.  I do see intense desire and drive and driving, ball handling skills, an excellent faker and first step that is essential for a driver.  She has a good skill set for the three if she can shoot well from the outside.  I do see a fairly heavy knee brace that she appears to wear all the time, hope she isn't limited in her mobility, but in the films doesn't appear to be.  I didnt see much in the films to show her defense skills either. 

I would also say that she doesn't appear to be intimidated inside, against taller opponents she used either a hood shot or and reverse layup to finish.
I agree , I'm excited to follow her and she how she develops . She has the skill set to help in several areas . hoping defense is a strong suit for her