Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The win is great ... the defense

Started by Tusks, November 19, 2016, 09:33:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

was not.  If CBB doesn't make changes on the D in the off season he's lost me.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on November 19, 2016, 09:33:58 pm

You were probably lost anyway, lol.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Tusks

Quote from: AirForceHog on November 19, 2016, 09:35:33 pm
A win is a win

No not this time.  This is the worst D the hogs have had in the modern era and 90% of the problem is effort.  As the GREAT Joe Kines said 'in the SEC you have to slit throats and drink blood'   The Hogs haven't been this bead since I became a fan in 68.

Maybe something in the early 70's or the 20's but they are historically bad.

sasnakrafan

Quote from: AirForceHog on November 19, 2016, 09:35:33 pm
A win is a win

I've never been a sky is falling poster, but you're driving a car on a flat tire across the country and it might get you to a few rest stops and gas station, but it's not gonna get you to where you want to be i.e. national championship. If we know it's broken, which when you give up 400+ yards in multiple games this season, then in my mind we actually have 2 flat tires- it is broken.

BoarnSupremacy

I agree  One or two LBs would fix the whole D

arslp

I started a thread saying the very same thing and was called a crybaby and a dumbass and then the thread was removed. What a bunch of little butt kissing girls
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

Bubba's Bruisers

A win is a win, no doubt, but this program should not be this pathetic on D.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tusks

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on November 19, 2016, 09:41:25 pm

I think its coaching and the scheme is terrible absolutely terrible.  There is very little effort by many of the players.  If there not a coaching problem on the D side I'd have to see it to believe it.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hogz11 on November 19, 2016, 09:43:44 pm
Troll all you want but the OP is right. If CBB doesn't make changes, then he basically is telling everyone the defensive performances are acceptable. Don't score 50 and we lose will become the motto.
You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.
All Gas, No Brakes!

JayBell

Quote from: tusked on November 19, 2016, 09:43:06 pmI think its coaching and the scheme is terrible absolutely terrible.  There is very little effort by many of the players.  If there not a coaching problem on the D side I'd have to see it to believe it.

I don't agree one bit on the criticism of the players' effort, but I agree completely on the scheme.  It's the most passive defensive system I have ever seen at any level.  There's talent and effort on defense, but they are constantly set up to fail.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2016, 09:34:41 pm
You were probably lost anyway, lol.
but it's certainly not lost upon you that our defense is horrible

Deep Shoat

Quote from: JayBell on November 19, 2016, 09:46:12 pm
I don't agree one bit on the criticism of the players' effort, but I agree completely on the scheme.  It's the most passive defensive system I have ever seen at any level.  There's talent and effort on defense, but they are constantly set up to fail.
We could have ended the MSU QB early, if we had blitzed more than once all game.  Instead, we let him sit back there, staying clean, until he started making good passes.
All Gas, No Brakes!

GalaHawg

Bielema: it's been one of these games with State. Would like for defense to play better.  We will make some changes during the off season

Y'all can sleep better now.

gchamblee

Quote from: arslp on November 19, 2016, 09:42:50 pm
I started a thread saying the very same thing and was called a crybaby and a dumbass and then the thread was removed. What a bunch of little butt kissing girls

because you are

DeltaHog66

This.

Deep Shoat

And I agree about the players, too.  There is no lack of effort.  I have seen out of position, schemed into bad alignments, and just flat out whupped.  I have not seen lack of effort.
All Gas, No Brakes!

JayBell

Some of the stuff is so obvious.  DID Y'ALL SEE THE 4TH AND 1???  Smith put the defense in a base 4-2-5 with just four down lineman and ZERO pressure from the back seven.  Well hell yes Mississippi State got the first down.  How could they not?  They had seven blockers at the point of attack against just four linemen.

Then the third down late in the game.  Mississippi State spread out five receivers and all I could think was "The middle of the field is wide the f**k open."  What happens?  The QB runs up the middle and doesn't get touched until he already has the first down.

This stuff is very, very basic and Smith fails at every single bit of it.

Biggus Piggus

Why is anybody posting criticisms of what Bielema has yet to do? Shut the phuck up posters.
[CENSORED]!

elksnort

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on November 19, 2016, 09:41:25 pm
I've said this also. Then go freaking get one pay for one by one by the mama Cadillac whatever you gotta do

ChicoHog

They should be better than their results but I also think there is big talent deficiency especially at safety and at LB.  Missing Greenlaw has really hurt.  We are poor tacklers in space and not strong or fast enough at safety and not fast enough at LB. 

gchamblee

Quote from: hogz11 on November 19, 2016, 09:43:44 pm
Troll all you want but the OP is right. If CBB doesn't make changes, then he basically is telling everyone the defensive performances are acceptable. Don't score 50 and we lose will become the motto.

that simply isnt true, you are just spreading hyperbole. i think we need to make a change at dc possibly, but CBB is not happy with our defense and saying otherwise is just stupid. I think our defense would be dramatically improved with linebackers and we can see a push in linebacker recruiting. as biggus pointed out, this is the year we are getting hit the hardest with failed recruiting the 2 years before CBB got here. im cautiously optimistic about improvement next year.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hogz11 on November 19, 2016, 09:49:58 pm
Part of trolling is being sarcastic/hurling insults combined with not answering the topic. Does that help you?
The truth is not trolling.  Does that help you?

All these guys were "just win, baby!" last year when we lost to Toledo and TTU.  This year, just winning isn't good enough.

All Gas, No Brakes!

Dwillhog66

Some of u just love to embrace the suck. Our D hasn't been good for nearly the entire season and u show up and whine and complain about the defense playing poorly in game 11.
Try embracing what is good. It's a win despite our D not performing and we didn't have to go into cardiac arrest watching it.
Misery is a choice!

gchamblee

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 19, 2016, 09:45:49 pm
You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

he thinks anyone that isnt posting piss and vinegar about our coaching staff on a daily basis is a troll.

JayBell

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 19, 2016, 09:48:04 pmWe could have ended the MSU QB early, if we had blitzed more than once all game.  Instead, we let him sit back there, staying clean, until he started making good passes.

I don't know if I have ever seen a defensive system in which blitzing is almost nonexistent.  Smith's idea of a blitz is Brooks Ellis, the team's slowest (albeit best) linebacker face up on the line.  That's it.

Other than depth on the defensive line, literally the defense's only strength is its speed.  Ramirez, Eugene, Hackett, Harris, Liddell, Coley, Ramsey, etc.  Why in the hell are they not blitzing?  They suck in coverage, yet Smith is out there going full-on prevent defense in the second damn quarter.

It's embarrassing.  And it's not the players' fault.

Tusks

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 19, 2016, 09:49:50 pm
They should be better than their results but I also think there is big talent deficiency especially at safety and at LB.  Missing Greenlaw has really hurt.  We are poor tacklers in space and not strong or fast enough at safety and not fast enough at LB. 

You can coach better tackling, you can demand more aggressiveness from your players, you can coach a better scheme where your MLB isn't trying to cover a WR or play after play its 4 DL rushing straight up the field with no twist or stunts.  and on and on and on.

gchamblee

ao, before the game the general consensus was we should stop the run and make them pass if we wanted to win. so, we made them pass and now we are complaining that we didnt stop the pass?

TNRazorbacker

Yep, good win but the D is just bad. If we aren't hammering the scoreboard we aren't in it.

bigred223

Defense is horrible. This is just a fact.

arslp

Quote from: gchamblee on November 19, 2016, 09:48:17 pm
because you are

Sweetie, you really should understand football before you criticize someone who does.....  It's my perogative to change my mind being a female... I just did; I don't just think you're a butt kissing girl; I'd bet you're a girl-hating butt kissing girl......
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Deep Shoat

Quote from: bigred223 on November 19, 2016, 09:54:34 pm
Defense is horrible. This is just a fact.
Not one damn person is disagreeing.  Now, can y'all stfu and enjoy a WIN!?!
All Gas, No Brakes!

Tusks

I want to know why Ramsey isn't being groomed physically (weight, speed and better agility) and worked with to be a MLB.

Go look at Ramsey's measurable and look at the measurables of Bama's LBs.

elksnort

Nice victory tonight for the Hogs.

But the defense has to improve.

JayBell

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on November 19, 2016, 09:52:10 pmSome of u just love to embrace the suck. Our D hasn't been good for nearly the entire season and u show up and whine and complain about the defense playing poorly in game 11.
Try embracing what is good. It's a win despite our D not performing and we didn't have to go into cardiac arrest watching it.
Misery is a choice!

Hi!  👋   I've been here since Mississippi State last year when Smith's system let Dak Prescott nickel and dime his way to 500+ yards all on his own.

These issues have been here ever since Smith didn't have the perfect personnel to fit his system with Flowers, Philon and Spaight.

gchamblee

Quote from: arslp on November 19, 2016, 09:55:04 pm
Sweetie, you really should understand football before you criticize someone who does.....  It's my perogative to change my mind being a female... I just did; I don't just think you're a butt kissing girl; I'd bet you're a girl-hating butt kissing girl......

well, i guess pushing your gender will probably gain you some support since you are in a mostly male crowd, but i still recognize a dumbass when i see one.

gchamblee

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 19, 2016, 09:55:41 pm
Not one damn person is disagreeing.  Now, can y'all stfu and enjoy a WIN!?!

that's it exactly lol. we all agree the defense sucks, but some just refuse to let anyone enjoy a victory. they have to come running with threads to remind us how horrible we are :P

JayBell

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 19, 2016, 09:49:50 pmThey should be better than their results but I also think there is big talent deficiency especially at safety and at LB.  Missing Greenlaw has really hurt.  We are poor tacklers in space and not strong or fast enough at safety and not fast enough at LB.

...which is exactly the rationale for being more aggressive, blitz the quarterback and cut down the reliance on tackling in space.  No one is saying Arkansas has Alabama or LSU level talent on defense, but they have potential to be an aggressive, punishing defense that gets to the quarterback.  The reason they are so terrible is because Smith strands them in coverage all game every game.

Biggus Piggus

We all know change is coming for the defense. Quit creating false drama.
[CENSORED]!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hogz11 on November 19, 2016, 10:00:39 pm
Your conjecture is not truth. Just because you believe something doesn't make it fact.

Everyone on the board is glad the Hogs won. But even in a win, the defense was so bad that they stole part of the spotlight and the story. It's hard to watch this team and think of what they could be with an even average defense.
We won.  If "just win baby!" was really what you jackholes wanted, you would be celebrating right now.

Your agenda has been exposed.  Now go play in traffic, you wanker.
All Gas, No Brakes!

arslp

Quote from: gchamblee on November 19, 2016, 09:57:09 pm
well, i guess pushing your gender will probably gain you some support since you are in a mostly male crowd, but i still recognize a dumbass when i see one.

Since you went out of your way to attack me personally, it doesn't surprise me at all you're more familiar with the concept of "dumbass" than I.......

gchamblee

Quote from: arslp on November 19, 2016, 10:03:32 pm
Since you went out of your way to attack me personally, it doesn't surprise me at all you're more familiar with the concept of "dumbass" than I.......

since youre a woman, i will let you have the last word or this thread will go for 96 pages

DeltaBoy

Quote from: tusked on November 19, 2016, 09:33:58 pm

Good God Man we Won ,on the road against a desperate team who had beaten us 4 straight.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JayBell

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 19, 2016, 10:02:09 pmWe won.  If "just win baby!" was really what you jackholes wanted, you would be celebrating right now.

Your agenda has been exposed.  Now go play in traffic, you wanker.

Kumbaya, guys.  Kumbaya.  He's not exactly wrong.

We are all "happy" and "satisfied" with the win, but I personally found it impossible to actively enjoy the game.  I was constantly flipping back and forth from suffering through Smith's terrible defense and bracing myself for Smith's terrible defense.

If anything, it makes me appreciate Dan Enos more because if Jim Chaney was the offensive coordinator this year, Arkansas would be 4-7 at best right now.

Biggus Piggus

People keep posting atupid darn. Am I not here? Is this thing on?
[CENSORED]!

WilsonHog

You know the definition of a good night?

The Razorbacks win AND I get to drop the ban hammer on people who see the need to whine after a victory.

Hell, that's a win-win.