Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BaconBitz has a strategy

Started by Lake City Hog, November 19, 2016, 09:17:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Will We change our defense?

Come out with 9 in the box to shut down the run?
16 (29.1%)
Come out in our standard base D? (True 4-3 alignment)
20 (36.4%)
Come out in our 4-2-5 look?
2 (3.6%)
It won't matter, we still cannot stop the run.
17 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Lake City Hog

In a thread by BaconBitz he says that we should sell out to stop the run. Come out with 9 in the box to shut down the run and force them to throw the ball. I agree with him 100%, take away their #1 option and force them to do what they don't do best.

Lake City Hog

I think we will come out in base D and play them straight-up. I think it bites us and we fail to adjust.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 19, 2016, 09:18:35 am
I think we will come out in base D and play them straight-up. I think it bites us and we fail to adjust.

I really hope that you are wrong.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Lake City Hog

Trust me, I do too! I go into EVERY game thinking we can win and hurting when we lose.

I was talking to a friend yesterday, mu pharmacist, and he gave me some stats that simply blew me away. This guy is a 2nd or 3rd generation fan and really loves the Hogs. He told me about a study by quarter-- How each team performs by each quarter of the game. Under this staff, we generally own the 1st, are a + in the 2nd and fall off to a low - in the 3rd and fall to a high- in the 4th. The report indicated that we are pretty poor at half-time adjustments. Based on what I've seen it appears to be pretty accurate.

sowmonella

Are you arguing with yourself?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 19, 2016, 09:28:05 am
Trust me, I do too! I go into EVERY game thinking we can win and hurting when we lose.

I was talking to a friend yesterday, mu pharmacist, and he gave me some stats that simply blew me away. This guy is a 2nd or 3rd generation fan and really loves the Hogs. He told me about a study by quarter-- How each team performs by each quarter of the game. Under this staff, we generally own the 1st, are a + in the 2nd and fall off to a low - in the 3rd and fall to a high- in the 4th. The report indicated that we are pretty poor at half-time adjustments. Based on what I've seen it appears to be pretty accurate.

Interesting stats. Let's hope we own all four quarters today.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

jgphillips3

Sadly, I think we come out in base D.  Hopefully, we don't stay there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 19, 2016, 09:28:05 am

I'd love to see some stats from that study that some guy supposedly did.

PonderinHog

Is killing their quarterback a strategy?

Tusks

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 19, 2016, 10:50:05 am
Is killing their quarterback a strategy?

Like in caddyshack....cut his achilles so he'll push everything to the right.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawginbigd1

We will play base, and we will win, we will play more like we did against Fla. LSU OL was pretty darned good, I don't believe MSU is as good, the RBs and WRs definitely not the same quality. The question about this game is our QB play.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 19, 2016, 10:55:55 am
We will play base, and we will win, we will play more like we did against Fla. LSU OL was pretty darned good, I don't believe MSU is as good, the RBs and WRs definitely not the same quality. The question about this game is our QB play.

Yeah, me too. I fthink we'll be in our 4-3 based and I feel our linebackers will play well. Maybe we turn the Mississippi State runners into Fournette and Guice, but I suspect not.

Lake City Hog

Rinds, you tell me how well do we make half-time adjustments???

hawginbigd1

About 5 times I have watched okie state this year, they play mostly 4-2-5, and they are good. The thing I notice is they look nothing like us in alignment in the front 7 against 3 and 4 receiver sets. Their 2 LBs are lined up no more than 4 yards off the ball between the Tackles, their nickel is at same depth splitting the distance between the slot and the end of the LOS. This alignment allows them to react to the run game quicker and doesn't allow the OL to easily get the angle on the LBs like they do with our alignment. It is like we are always trying to hedge to pass coverage with our pre-snap alignment, and we make it easier for OL to get the angle on us, or we can't make it to our gap responsibility because we aligned 10 yards away from it.

kkbrody

Speaking of second half statistics, we are 119th in the NCAA in second half scoring.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/2nd-half-points-per-game

code red

We have not been able to generate a rush all year long. If we stacked the box. They're going to throw it right over our head for TDs.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou