Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honest predictions for Mississippi State

Started by hogz11, November 15, 2016, 08:54:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I want to lean with the Hogs but I don't have a reasonable reason to do so.  Just cause they are my team don't cut it.  I would not be surprised by just about any score.  I could see us winning by 25 or losing by 25.  If Allen is back on his game, which I seriously doubt, we can win a shootout.  We cannot depend on the defense, o-line or the coaching so for me it is all on AA creating enough offense to out pace them.

3Scoreand10

Win, lose, win, lose win, lose-------
This is win week, right?

jgphillips3

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on November 16, 2016, 08:37:24 pm
Win, lose, win, lose win, lose-------
This is win week, right?

Exactly...and then we beat mizzou to level back out and break the W/L cycle.

SavoySeamster

Bearing in mind, I'd love for the Hogs to drag MSU up and down the field all night long. But the OP asked for an "honest" prediction......

A night game at Starkville, bus ride from Tupelo three plus hrs before game time, , cowbells non-stop, not to mention blaring hip-hop on the jumbo-tron, MSU quarterback with wheels, all that plus I wonder if our boys can handle being down a score or two and not mail it in. I say MSU 28 HOGS 14.

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

streitenberger

elksnort

Quote from: SavoySeamster on November 16, 2016, 08:59:25 pm
Bearing in mind, I'd love for the Hogs to drag MSU up and down the field all night long. But the OP asked for an "honest" prediction......

A night game at Starkville, bus ride from Tupelo three plus hrs before game time, , cowbells non-stop, not to mention blaring hip-hop on the jumbo-tron, MSU quarterback with wheels, all that plus I wonder if our boys can handle being down a score or two and not mail it in. I say MSU 28 HOGS 14.
all this is bunch of baloney just line up knocking in the freaking mouth run the ball and win the game

SavoySeamster

Quote from: elksnort on November 16, 2016, 10:13:56 pm
all this is bunch of baloney just line up knocking in the freaking mouth run the ball and win the game

It may be baloney, it could be fact. The same could be said last week against LSU and we had home field advantage but couldn't get it done. If MSU owns our defensive front four, it'll be a long night for the HOGS.
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

widespreadsooie

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 15, 2016, 10:45:52 pm
Unfortunately, I think AA is playing hurt.  Think he still has a "bum wheel," can't outrun/slip defenders once the pocket (if it exists) breaks down, and is gun-shy/sick & tired of "peeling his ass off the turf" after consistently taking the big hit by a 285-300 lb D-Lineman in order to make the throw.  Young man is a warrior, but I think he is flat-out beat to a pulp.  He missed passes against LSU that were automatic in previous contests this year.  Not to mention it's getting rare for him to "tuck-it and run" out of the pocket when receivers aren't open . . . and there are many yards there for him to take.  Young man has been leading/carrying this team on his back and he's not 100% IMHO.

Will be cheering them on with all I have, but I think we lose this one 27-21.

I agree, doesn't seem Austin is near 100%. Also agree that it hurts us in a big way. 35-24 Bulldogs.

lutherheggs

Quote from: go hogues on November 15, 2016, 08:55:40 pm
MSU 45
Hogs 21

This team has quit.
Agree with this. Will break the streak of W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L. Will be back to back losses. I think score will be lower and bit closer. Something like:

MSU: 34
UA: 27

sickboy

I'm done making predictions this year. I'll say that Arkansas will play football this Saturday and that's about all I'm willing to wager on.

Southpointhog

As bad s we played last sat......remember MSU got beat 55-3.  Yes by Bama, but that dont help them at all.

PorkRinds

My honest prediction is that I have no clue.  Could go either way.

jacobp

State's pass defense is worst in the league We should score plenty of points.
I think we have a solid game against their run and limit their chances and win something like 31-21

hogcard1964

Something I've noticed from Hog fans and the upcoming games vs. Mississippi St and Missouri are perfect examples...  There's always a lot of tough talk from the fan base early and throughout the season about what teams we should curb stomp, but as game day nears, there's always apprehension and a ton of excuse making.

LZH

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 16, 2016, 12:16:03 pm
I honestly have no clue.  Depends which team shows up, but Arkansas should win. 

I know. We've been W-L-W-L-W-L......

I guess it's our turn to win Saturday.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: elksnort on November 16, 2016, 03:35:02 pm
Based on this thread, many of you expect the Razorbacks to lose this Saturday.

I don't want to start another thread, so I will ask here:

How many of you are going to be more ticked if we lose this Saturday than any other loss thus far?
For goodness sakes, yes.  This would the worst loss of the year.  By far. Maybe not score wise, whatever that would turn out to be.  But quality of opponent? No doubt.

elksnort

November 17, 2016, 10:16:02 am #67 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:58:59 pm by elksnort
Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 17, 2016, 10:03:29 am
For goodness sakes, yes.  This would the worst loss of the year.  By far. Maybe not score wise, whatever that would turn out to be.  But quality of opponent? No doubt.
Frankly, this was the response that I was soliciting.

Win these next two games, and I am perfectly content with this season, notwithstanding getting worn out against the run game in several of the games.

hogcard1964

Quote from: elksnort on November 17, 2016, 10:16:02 am
Frankly, this was the response that I was soliciting.

When these next two games, and I am perfectly content with this season, notwithstanding getting worn out against the run game in several of the games.

+1000

These are definitely two games we should win, and they will help us in the bowl pecking order a bit.  I think it could be the difference between the Gator/Music City all the way down to the Birmingham, Independence or Belk.

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Dr. Starcs

Where's ShadowHawg?  He was almost spot on last weeks game.

Chart Titley

Dawgs 28
Hogs 17

Not sure what game you guys were watching last week but our talented QB seems to be suffering from PTSD and our defense just plain sucks ass.  Add to that Miss St has a bowl game they are playing for. 
You, madam, are addressing a man, who is in fact quiet and yet, not quiet, if I may offer to you a riddle.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Chart Titley on November 17, 2016, 10:23:01 pm
Dawgs 28
Hogs 17

Not sure what game you guys were watching last week but our talented QB seems to be suffering from PTSD and our defense just plain sucks ass.  Add to that Miss St has a bowl game they are playing for.

They're 4-6 and their remaining games are against us and then at Mississippi.  They're not going to a bowl game.

Hogwild

November 18, 2016, 08:07:59 am #73 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:32:06 am by Hogwild
Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 18, 2016, 07:48:41 am
They're 4-6 and their remaining games are against us and then at Mississippi.  They're not going to a bowl game.

They are favored against us; then they play the Egg Bowl against a 5-5 team who lost their starting QB. It isn't that far fetched, the two teams they have left have are tied for last place in the SEC West.

That said if I had to bet I would take the Hogs & the points.