Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honest predictions for Mississippi State

Started by hogz11, November 15, 2016, 08:54:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

I don't like this Hogs team on the road. I don't like the QB matchup against the Hogs defense. The Hogs run defense has been..............better. The offensive line has had struggles as well, which probably has sometime to do with AA being off.

All that being said, the Razorbacks are a better overall team than Mississippi State in my opinion. CBB hasn't beat MSU yet so I'm sure he wants to end that streak. CBB also understands the importance of this game. 9 win season is still in reach.

I think the Hogs will bounce back and play inspired. The seniors on this team had a bad senior night and this will be their first opportunity to do something about it.

Arkansas 34

Mississippi State 21

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

reddogjcss

hobhog

Quote from: go hogues on November 15, 2016, 08:55:40 pm
MSU 45
Hogs 21

This team has quit.

Hard to see the picture when in the frame. Hilarious.

cosmodrum

I dont think the team has quit, but I see 28-24 msu
Go away, batin'

3kgthog

yraciv

We're much better than MS State, and I am confident in saying that because these are the two teams I've watched the most this season.  Yeah Fitzgerald can make some plays with his legs, but he also is mistake prone and misses a lot of simple throws.  We should be able to get pressure on him.  Then you make their RB beat you and they aren't capable of doing that.  Sure they will score some against our defense, but we'll score more.  I expect AA throws for 350 yards on them because their DB's are awful and this is a strength of ours.

elksnort

If we can block them well enough, we will win.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TeufelHog

Unfortunately, I think AA is playing hurt.  Think he still has a "bum wheel," can't outrun/slip defenders once the pocket (if it exists) breaks down, and is gun-shy/sick & tired of "peeling his ass off the turf" after consistently taking the big hit by a 285-300 lb D-Lineman in order to make the throw.  Young man is a warrior, but I think he is flat-out beat to a pulp.  He missed passes against LSU that were automatic in previous contests this year.  Not to mention it's getting rare for him to "tuck-it and run" out of the pocket when receivers aren't open . . . and there are many yards there for him to take.  Young man has been leading/carrying this team on his back and he's not 100% IMHO.

Will be cheering them on with all I have, but I think we lose this one 27-21.

BroyledNutts

We never seem to play well in Starkville.
MSU is playing in front of the home crowd - they're 4-6 and looking to win out and become bowl eligible. Dan Mullen will have them ready to play.
This could be another game that goes to overtime...or it could get out of hand in the second half. At this point I have no idea which Razorback team gets off the bus.
Couple that with Allen apparently more injured than is disclosed, a defense on its heels and an O line that is Jekyll and Hyde ... it's a recipe for a nasty road trip.

34-17 Bulldogs.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

hogcard1964

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Youngsta71701

Honest predictions for Mississippi State? Hmmm... :-\ ...I have no clue. Depends on which one show up. Dr. Jekyl or Mr. Hyde.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ATLHog

Lambo

hogcard1964

If we lose either of these last two games, the entire coaching staff should be tarred and feathered.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 16, 2016, 07:54:48 am
If we lose either of these last two games, the entire coaching staff should be tarred and feathered.

don't worry they will be, IF it happens... not this week...  :razorback: 41-39

Redhogs

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 16, 2016, 07:17:34 am
Honest predictions for Mississippi State? Hmmm... :-\ ...I have no clue. Depends on which one show up. Dr. Jekyl or Mr. Hyde.
^^THIS^^
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RagingHawgOn

lstewart

Two or three plays on the entire season are the difference between our current record and MSU's current record. MSU is like we were the past 2 years, coming on late and motivated to show they are better than their record. We are like LSU was the past 2 years against us, disappointed in dropping out of the rankings, and just trying to hang on. I don't expect it to be all that close, with Miss State handling us fairly easily. I think they will win by 13.

HawgQuest

Hoping the hogs break the losin streak against msu. Hogs 24 MSU 20.

Hogwild

I have no clue what to expect on Saturday. If we beat them by 3 touchdowns it wouldn't shock me, on the other hand if they beat us by double figures it wouldn't be a shock.  Talent and coaching both teams are comparable to each other.

Its not just what Arkansas team shows up, but what MS State team shows up.  Are facing the team that lost to LSU by 3 and beat A&M, or the team that lost to South Alabama & BYU?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hogz11 on November 15, 2016, 08:54:13 pm
I don't like this Hogs team on the road. I don't like the QB matchup against the Hogs defense. The Hogs run defense has been..............better. The offensive line has had struggles as well, which probably has sometime to do with AA being off.

All that being said, the Razorbacks are a better overall team than Mississippi State in my opinion. CBB hasn't beat MSU yet so I'm sure he wants to end that streak. CBB also understands the importance of this game. 9 win season is still in reach.

I think the Hogs will bounce back and play inspired. The seniors on this team had a bad senior night and this will be their first opportunity to do something about it.

Arkansas 34

Mississippi State 21

D plays like it did against Fla we win
D plays like we did against LSU we might be in a dog fight. toss up
Play like we did against Auburn and we get drilled again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

5HOG5

November 16, 2016, 08:22:55 am #26 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:38:45 am by 5HOG5
Bama ran them over bad 51-3, im not sure if MSU is over that thumping last week or not, but i expect them to be ready to hit on all cylinders at home this week. Arkansas better be in there "A" game like they were against florida or this one will be over after the first quarter and we all know what happens after that, were getting used to it! 

24-17 Hogs if they play the whole game to win
or
55-0 MSU if Arkansas quits after 1st quarter

Take your pick!

HawgTrough

We've been teetering on the brink of disaster all year and bounce back. If State comes out and scores quick, disaster finally strikes. State by 21+
WPS

CaddoHog

-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

CaddoHog:  the most hated member on Hogville.net
(for the reasons of _______________________ )

KevinOMReb

Arkansas is a much better team than State.  But I can't for the life of me figure them out.  One week world beaters, the next world beaten. 

But Hogs haven't fared well on the road but I think that ends Saturday.

Hogs 31
Varmints 17
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

bob slydell

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

TrueBlue

Quote from: KevinOMReb on November 16, 2016, 08:52:14 am
Arkansas is a much better team than State.  But I can't for the life of me figure them out.  One week world beaters, the next world beaten. 

But Hogs haven't fared well on the road but I think that ends Saturday.

Hogs 31
Varmints 17

Just change the team names and it means the same.

TrueBlue

Kevin

stay the pattern of the last 7 weeks. so it is time for a win
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bphi11ips

I honestly have no clue.  Depends which team shows up, but Arkansas should win. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Piggage

Whichever team scores first: 28
The other team: 17

1highhog

ZERO

We're not losing this game again. It may be uncomfortably close, but we're not losing. This is a god-awful MSU team. Then we win at Missouri cleanly.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hoggish1

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 15, 2016, 10:39:24 pm
We squash em. 41- 21

Maybe we beat them worse than Bama did.  They are awfully banged up...

elksnort

Based on this thread, many of you expect the Razorbacks to lose this Saturday.

I don't want to start another thread, so I will ask here:

How many of you are going to be more ticked if we lose this Saturday than any other loss thus far?

hogcard1964

Quote from: elksnort on November 16, 2016, 03:35:02 pm

How many of you are going to be more ticked if we lose this Saturday than any other loss thus far?

Raises hand.  There's no excuse in losing either of the last two games on our schedule.

Hoggiedawg

Keep the dog QB from running over us and it will be a long day for MSU.  Let him run and it will be a long day for the hogs.

rljjr

Good guys: 284
CowBells: -345
That's honest. Truly. It can happen.

hogfansince79

Arkansas 38
Miss State 20

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

elksnort

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 16, 2016, 03:36:44 pm
Raises hand.  There's no excuse in losing either of the last two games on our schedule.
I will at least purchase a ticket to the 'darksider train'.

I don't give a damn what happened last week. We should be able to block Mississippi State, therefore we should be to run the ball and then mix in the passing. With this, our defense should not have to be on the field all day. Furthermore, there should be zero excuse for keeping their assignments and making the tackle.

Anything other than a victory will be on our staff.

Ironhawg

Quote from: elksnort on November 16, 2016, 03:35:02 pm

The running QB at Moo State bothers me.  We seem unable to plan a defense to stop these kind of guys.  I'm not real sure what is going on with AA right now either, whether the problem is between his ears or with his knee or some of both.  I will not be surprised to lose Saturday.  Now if we lose to Mizzou?  I am going to really be hard pressed to believe Bielema is the answer going forward.

HamSammich

Hogs lose 28- 20

I will support CBoB though

HamSammich

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 16, 2016, 05:01:37 pm
The running at Moo State bothers me.  We seem unable to plan a defense to stop these kind of guys that run.
Fify

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

TNhawgfan

I have no faith in our defense or o line. Yet, still think we may eek out a win. I honestly have no honest prediction
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol