Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With 2 more wins, bielema would still do better than last year.

Started by Sweet Feet, November 14, 2016, 09:25:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

In the regular season, bielema has won 3, 6, and 7 games. Back to back wins vs miss st and mizzou will give him 8 wins, the most he's ever won in a regular season at arkansas. Should fans be satified that he still is going up in win totals? Or are there still issues that fans question with his coaching?

Deep Shoat

CBBcould win the NCG next year and some of these "fans" would still question his coaching.

They don't like his style and they don't like that he isn't Gus or Bobby.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hog Solo

I think fans and I would be estatic about it.  I think the reason why fans are up in arms about this season is because we lost games getting stomped where we shouldn't have.  Auburn, tamu, lsu are beatable teams and we laid down and took it...

go hogues

Let's hope he does.

However, I think it will be really difficult to get out of Starkville with a win.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 14, 2016, 09:27:35 pm
CBBcould win the NCG next year and some of these "fans" would still question his coaching.

Or that his teams are inconsistent, ill l prepared at times, are mentally weak and can't play defense???
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Gonzo

That works both ways. The Hogs could lose the last 3 games this season and there would be some here proclaiming all is well, pay no attention to those losses.

Yes, the win total could be more this year than last, that would be good. At the same time, some of the issues this team clearly has certainly allow for some reasonable questioning. All is neither good nor bad, but seems like it needs to be for too many around here.

Go Hogs! Beat Miss St!

Hog Solo

Quote from: Gonzo on November 14, 2016, 09:58:46 pm
That works both ways. The Hogs could lose the last 3 games this season and there would be some here proclaiming all is well, pay no attention to those losses.

Yes, the win total could be more this year than last, that would be good. At the same time, some of the issues this team clearly has certainly allow for some reasonable questioning. All is neither good nor bad, but seems like it needs to be for too many around here.

Go Hogs! Beat Miss St!

Good post.  I am a negative jerk but ultimately I want the hogs to win and Bielema to succeed.  I believe we win the last 3 and have a positive expectation for next year. 

Hoggish1

Yes, they should be.  I am.  Eight wins in the regular season and 4-4 in the conference is progress!

Hoggish1

Well then, they should go away.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 16, 2016, 07:42:45 pm
Yes, they should be.  I am.  Eight wins in the regular season and 4-4 in the conference is progress!
Just wondering, how is 4-4 progress when we were better than that last year?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

There are many things I don't like about BB and never did.  I truly wish he was as good a coach as many on here think and just two thirds as good a our AD thought/thinks.  He isn't. 

As for scheme, I don't care if we run 75 QB sneaks per game if we win and don't get the QB killed doing so.  I don't care if he lines the D up 11 across and they hold hands and don't let anyone on O past the LOS, I am all for that.  I just want to win and when we cannot win, just look good losing. We don't.

This team has had their share of luck this season and honestly we usually don't get much luck.  We could  very easily be 3-7 right now.  We have played one totally respectable game all season and that was against Fla.  We beat 2 very poor teams, we beat TCU, OM, and La Tech and none of the 3 is anything you would want to go brag to Momma about and all 3 could have easily been losses. 

Tell the truth, how many of you would have wanted and been happy with a 3,6,7 and maybe 8 win coach after 4 years who came in with much fanfare, had arranged for the university to pay more for assistants, in fact enough more for him to appear satisfied as that was one of the big problems with where he was, and got a satisfactory salary for himself.  Would you have said from day 1, man, this is great, we got us a coach for the ages, one who will put us where we want to be considering the location of this University, etc..

I felt from day 1, we had a Guy who would win about like Hootie won but with more class.  I still believe that way.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hog Solo on November 14, 2016, 10:04:09 pm
Good post.  I am a negative jerk but ultimately I want the hogs to win and Bielema to succeed.  I believe we win the last 3 and have a positive expectation for next year.

I'm with you for the most part.  We'll win our last two pretty easily, but we don't know about our bowl game.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 16, 2016, 07:42:45 pm

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Too much inconsistency this year out of this team for it to be considered a success. Will some of these underclassmen come around next year? Only time will tell....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PHOENIXHOG

sorry bud but if won a NCG nobody would question him lol what an absurd statement

Dwight_K_Shrute

As long as that trend line keeps going up he should be OK.  When it stops fans can then wonder if he's hit his ceiling.  Obviously long term will have ups and downs, but in the first 4 or 5 years if you can show incremental improvement it points to you being on the right track.  Schedule sets up well for him to keep it going next year if they can shore up D and OL.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tejano Jawg

I think 8 (or 9 with the bowl) wins this year would be an achievement. Especially when we put the worst D we've had in the modern era on the field.

And also, we have a 1000-yard rusher and an all-SEC QB working behind the worst offensive line in the last 5+ years.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HiggiePiggy

I would be pretty happy with 8 regular season wins this year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jkstock04

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 14, 2016, 09:25:41 pm
In the regular season, bielema has won 3, 6, and 7 games. Back to back wins vs miss st and mizzou will give him 8 wins, the most he's ever won in a regular season at arkansas. Should fans be satified that he still is going up in win totals? Or are there still issues that fans question with his coaching?
I would say it would be tough to not be satisfied with that. My expectations were 6-7 wins. I didn't expect us to get embarrassed like we did...but win total wise we are right on track with the possibility of overachieving.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Iwastherein1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hawgphish

I really like BB and want to see him succeed.  But most of the people who are not satisfied cite our record in the SEC west and the margin of defeat in our losses.

Hog Solo

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 16, 2016, 10:06:36 pm
As long as that trend line keeps going up he should be OK.  When it stops fans can then wonder if he's hit his ceiling.  Obviously long term will have ups and downs, but in the first 4 or 5 years if you can show incremental improvement it points to you being on the right track.  Schedule sets up well for him to keep it going next year if they can shore up D and OL.
If we win the last two then we have succeeded only in w-ls but we haven't improved over last year. Sec is far more down than most on this board like to concede. In fact the past two years haven't been the same sec that we've seen in the past.

al_pigcino

Quote from: Hog Solo on November 17, 2016, 07:31:19 pm
If we win the last two then we have succeeded only in w-ls but we haven't improved over last year. Sec is far more down than most on this board like to concede. In fact the past two years haven't been the same sec that we've seen in the past.
Recruits don't pay attention to that.  All they see is "oh, small guy Arkansas won 8 last year and 9 this year.  They are going up. Maybe I should consider them"

3kgthog

Quote from: al_pigcino on November 18, 2016, 08:59:35 am
Recruits don't pay attention to that.  All they see is "oh, small guy Arkansas won 8 last year and 9 this year.  They are going up. Maybe I should consider them"

I don't see many difference making players saying anything of the sort. If they are program changers, they've seen the scores and know we've had our doors blown off 4 times by teams they are also considering. Several of our top targets even saw those bloodbaths in person on official visits. Let's not forget that players talk to each other. I'd bet more than one joke has been told to anyone considering us.

As far as improving on win totals, one need look no further than our basketball program for proof that win totals don't mean squat. Mike's run up an impressive non-conference record, but it looks a lot worse when you see that we haven't beaten any non-conference team that's a contender for anything. The same could be said for this football team. This TCU isn't the playoff threat of years past, Ole Miss is the biggest waste of SEC talent in a decade, and Florida is so bad that they'd probably finish last in our division. Definitely not a year of improvement for Hog football.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 14, 2016, 09:25:41 pm

We could have won 8 games in 2014, but Bielema wouldn't put in the backup quarterback at Missouri. We could have won 9 games last season, except we piddled away a lead against Mississippi State. We could win 9 games this season. That would be true progress regardless of how we got there. But let's please stop dropping late-season games we should win.
[CENSORED]!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 18, 2016, 09:46:59 am
We could have won 8 games in 2014, but Bielema wouldn't put in the backup quarterback at Missouri. We could have won 9 games last season, except we piddled away a lead against Mississippi State. We could win 9 games this season. That would be true progress regardless of how we got there. But let's please stop dropping late-season games we should win.

With the way Austin played against OM that year it's still beyond me why he didn't get in the Mizzou game when he could have made a difference. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Redhogs

Quote from: 12247 on November 16, 2016, 08:07:17 pm
There are many things I don't like about BB and never did.  I truly wish he was as good a coach as many on here think and just two thirds as good a our AD thought/thinks.  He isn't. 

As for scheme, I don't care if we run 75 QB sneaks per game if we win and don't get the QB killed doing so.  I don't care if he lines the D up 11 across and they hold hands and don't let anyone on O past the LOS, I am all for that.  I just want to win and when we cannot win, just look good losing. We don't.

This team has had their share of luck this season and honestly we usually don't get much luck.  We could  very easily be 3-7 right now.  We have played one totally respectable game all season and that was against Fla.  We beat 2 very poor teams, we beat TCU, OM, and La Tech and none of the 3 is anything you would want to go brag to Momma about and all 3 could have easily been losses. 

Tell the truth, how many of you would have wanted and been happy with a 3,6,7 and maybe 8 win coach after 4 years who came in with much fanfare, had arranged for the university to pay more for assistants, in fact enough more for him to appear satisfied as that was one of the big problems with where he was, and got a satisfactory salary for himself.  Would you have said from day 1, man, this is great, we got us a coach for the ages, one who will put us where we want to be considering the location of this University, etc..

I felt from day 1, we had a Guy who would win about like Hootie won but with more class.  I still believe that way.
Good post.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 17, 2016, 07:18:24 pm
I really like BB and want to see him succeed.  But most of the people who are not satisfied cite our record in the SEC west and the margin of defeat in our losses.
As they should.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Biggus Piggus

Nutt averaged 7.5 wins per season. After one bad-hangover year, Bielema reached that level. I'm not going to say the program today is performing at the best level Bielema can do. So expecting Bielema to win no more than Nutt did (against weaker schedules mind you) is pessimistic.
[CENSORED]!

theFlyingHog

If you're happy simply looking at the record improving, I envy you. What I see this year is an inconsistent team that hasn't beaten a good team and was embarrassed by the good teams.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 18, 2016, 11:00:53 am
If you're happy simply looking at the record improving, I envy you. What I see this year is an inconsistent team that hasn't beaten a good team and was embarrassed by the good teams.

Let go and let God.
[CENSORED]!

theFlyingHog

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 18, 2016, 09:46:59 am
Mississippi State piddled away a much bigger lead first...

I understand what you are saying, but that game was up for grabs the entire time.  We had a FG blocked that would have won it, we didn't necessarily piddle anything away.  That's just the only game to point at last year down the stretch because we won all the others...

RazorbackBassist

Yes it would be, but bot an easy task to beat State tomorrow on the road, especially if we do not stop the rushing and mobile QB.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"