Austin Allen

Started by hogz11, November 14, 2016, 05:05:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

ZERO

Quote from: hogz11 on November 16, 2016, 07:00:31 pm
Well can't ask for better than that.

He could have been 31 for 31?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Shrevepork

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 14, 2016, 09:12:50 pm
"It" was observed? What the Frank?

Well, there's plenty of blame to go around. And you can include Hogville. We need to do a better job of coaching.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 14, 2016, 05:12:21 pm
Bielema said in a presser he told AA interceptions are just unacceptable and won't happen going forward
FIRST DOWN interceptions. Very key part to leave out
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The old guys were just talking about this on the show with no name. Apparently Austin Allen has started looking away from his receivers to make sure a lineman isn't coming at him. That's a huge no no for a qb, but after all the hits he's taken, I can't say I really blame him.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

LZH

Quote from: hogginbama on November 15, 2016, 06:46:04 pm
I took the comment of making sure he is right, not about being the right QB to finish the season, but to make sure his is "right between the ears". This could be a talk about not putting so much pressure on himself to make the perfect throw, not let one bad play lead to multiple bad plays, realize that sometimes receivers will cut one way based on their read of the DB as compared to his read, etc. I don't think CBB is the one to throw it out in an interview or press conference that he is about to bench a player.

This is what he meant....maybe with a little concern for the knee thrown in. I still say it's an issue. Doesn't seem to have the same footwork since the injury.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on November 17, 2016, 07:25:24 am
This is what he meant....maybe with a little concern for the knee thrown in. I still say it's an issue. Doesn't seem to have the same footwork since the injury.

Truthfully, his foot work wasn't exemplary before the injury. I thought he did a great job of throwing the ball while not in the "standard" throwing motion, all great QB's have to do it. Now, was he checking out the rush instead of "staring"  down his receivers, IDK. Some of the interface he's thrown lately were just poorly timed throws, usually a little behind the receiver. He'll be all right, he just needs a little bit better blocking, and some good,easy,early throws to get his confidence back.

DeltaBoy

He got to get his clock reset and bail out and run and slide or get outside and toss it away.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 17, 2016, 08:18:31 am
He got to get his clock reset and bail out and run and slide or get outside and toss it away.
Adjust clock, bail out, run, slide, go outside, throw it away.  Got it.

hoglady

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 17, 2016, 07:07:47 am
The old guys were just talking about this on the show with no name. Apparently Austin Allen has started looking away from his receivers to make sure a lineman isn't coming at him. That's a huge no no for a qb, but after all the hits he's taken, I can't say I really blame him.

Yep - prior to the LSU game he had been sacked 25 times and probably taken a hit to the ground over 100 times (that was estimate I heard last week since those stats aren't kept). That might make anyone a little antsy in the pocket.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Little Lady Back

Quote from: hoglady on November 17, 2016, 08:42:18 am
Yep - prior to the LSU game he had been sacked 25 times and probably taken a hit to the ground over 100 times (that was estimate I heard last week since those stats aren't kept). That might make anyone a little antsy in the pocket.

True. Who wouldn't be antsy getting hit over and over as he has this season. Hopefully, the o-line will continue to make progress in protecting him better.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 17, 2016, 10:11:37 am
Oh no, our defense...

Yeah, but they were stuffing our run offense.........

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 17, 2016, 07:41:18 am
Truthfully, his foot work wasn't exemplary before the injury. I thought he did a great job of throwing the ball while not in the "standard" throwing motion, all great QB's have to do it. Now, was he checking out the rush instead of "staring"  down his receivers, IDK. Some of the interface he's thrown lately were just poorly timed throws, usually a little behind the receiver. He'll be all right, he just needs a little bit better blocking, and some good,easy,early throws to get his confidence back.

Btw, I'm not suggesting that his INT's are the result of his knee....some balls you just don't throw, no matter how good your knee feels.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on November 17, 2016, 10:23:43 am
Btw, I'm not suggesting that his INT's are the result of his knee....some balls you just don't throw, no matter how good your knee feels.

True, late is never good.

spahoopsfan

Quote from: oldhog63 on November 15, 2016, 04:06:08 pm
Talk about exaggeration. Have you or any of these other posters that are trashing the OL ever played OL at the college (or even HS level)? Not saying the OL doesn't have its problems, but not every sack or hit is the OL's fault. How may times could AA have just made a step up or to the side to avoid the rush. Maybe run for a few yards and slide instead of freezing (or holding the ball too long) and waiting for the sack? How many times has he moved right into the DL that was being blocked? Just as frustrating for a QB to get hit, it is just as frustrating to an OL for the QB to move INTO a block instead of away from it. So, don't tell me that every hit/sack AA has taken is the OL's fault. Especially the last few games, many of the hits are on him. AND, most of the interceptions and bad passes have been with no pressure.

Something has changed recently. Maybe he hasn't gotten over the knee injury. But something is different about him and it is showing up in the games.

If you think the OL has played well this season you haven't been paying attention.  Sure the tight end and running back have missed some blocks but the ol across the board have not played together and have missed way too many blocks. 
A terrible job yet I don't here BB saying anything about their play and how to look at them "going forward".  We won the two of the three only games that mean anything primarily because of the play of Allen games, TCU and Ole Miss.  We won Florida primarily because they have a poor offense led by a terrible quarterback.

hogman64

Quote from: spahoopsfan on November 17, 2016, 10:36:24 am
If you think the OL has played well this season you haven't been paying attention.  Sure the tight end and running back have missed some blocks but the ol across the board have not played together and have missed way too many blocks. 
A terrible job yet I don't here BB saying anything about their play and how to look at them "going forward".  We won the two of the three only games that mean anything primarily because of the play of Allen games, TCU and Ole Miss.  We won Florida primarily because they have a poor offense led by a terrible quarterback.

that makes good sense , we beat the 23rd ranked team in the country only  because they suck.....

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: hogman64 on November 17, 2016, 10:45:46 am
that makes good sense , we beat the 23rd ranked team in the country only  because they suck.....
Florida is the worst SEC offense we have played this season...and it's not really that close.  Their defense has decent stats, but their S.O.S. is likely the reason.

Wooderson

80 posts and not one mention of a huge contributing factor to AAs lackluster performance lately. AA is slow to make his reads.  There is one significant contributing factor to this. The fact he is undersized. He may be 6'0". With such a huge line he is struggling to see the wrs. When you throw in the fact that his body is not built to absorb hit after hit due to his lack of stature, it makes sense he would struggle versus the tougher defenses. He is gun shy.

With the way this line is built we need a tank at QB. AA would be better served playing out of the gun with a smaller line.  Now by the time he is a senior will he have adapted like Brandon did and play lights out?  It's probable.  We are watching first hand an undersized, inexperienced QB getting baptized by NFL sized d lineman.  There's gonna be some bad decisions.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wooderson on November 18, 2016, 06:44:50 am
80 posts and not one mention of a huge contributing factor to AAs lackluster performance lately. AA is slow to make his reads.  There is one significant contributing factor to this. The fact he is undersized. He may be 6'0". With such a huge line he is struggling to see the wrs. When you throw in the fact that his body is not built to absorb hit after hit due to his lack of stature, it makes sense he would struggle versus the tougher defenses. He is gun shy.

With the way this line is built we need a tank at QB. AA would be better served playing out of the gun with a smaller line.  Now by the time he is a senior will he have adapted like Brandon did and play lights out?  It's probable.  We are watching first hand an undersized, inexperienced QB getting baptized by NFL sized d lineman.  There's gonna be some bad decisions.

Disagree. It's not his size that's slowing down his reads. It's the footsteps. He's been smashed so many times that he's looking for the rushers instead of his reads.