Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Allen

Started by hogz11, November 14, 2016, 05:05:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

Was listening to Drive Time and they quoted CBB saying sometime to the effect of he needed to have a talk with Austin Allen and wanted to hear what he wanted to hear from the conversation or he would need to reevaluate if AA was the best guy moving forward.

Haven't heard ANYTHING like that before and wanted to know if anyone knows any more on that. I paraphrased what was said but it had the tone of CBB not being pleased with AA.

*Disclaimer- I'm not trying to start any rumors or stir anything up. Just looking for some clarification if anyone has it. Mods can trash this if there's no substance to it.

onebadrubi

Bielema said in a presser he told AA interceptions are just unacceptable and won't happen going forward

Biggus Piggus

The only quote I saw was that Bielema said he would not tolerate interceptions on first down. What you stated sounds like a fabrication.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Lighting a fire under his QB.

PorkRinds

Man. After listening to the presser just now I have no idea how anyone could interpret what he said the way you (or evidently the radio) has here. He literally said nothing about replacing him.

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 14, 2016, 05:14:56 pm
The only quote I saw was that Bielema said he would not tolerate interceptions on first down. What you stated sounds like a fabrication.

Uh huh, people who listened to sports talk radio are clueless

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2016, 05:37:22 pm
Uh huh, people who listened to sports talk radio are clueless

Yeah. I've got no clue how anyone could think that's what CBB said. I mean it's not even a close interpretation. It's a complete fabrication.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 14, 2016, 05:38:41 pm
Yeah. I've got no clue how anyone could think that's what CBB said. I mean it's not even a close interpretation. It's a complete fabrication.

Probably was on Drive time, I think they are the leaders in the clueless department.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2016, 05:40:11 pm
Probably was on Drive time, I think they are the leaders in the clueless department.

I can honestly say I've never heard that show. Sounds like I'm pretty lucky.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 14, 2016, 05:40:54 pm

Your IQ would be divided by 2 immediately.

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 14, 2016, 05:42:39 pm
Your IQ would be divided by 2 immediately.

10/2 is 7, so I think I'd be fine.

grassroothog

Well somebody needs to to talk to Austin. He"s been playing like he is rattled.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 14, 2016, 05:40:54 pm

I've probably caught it 3 or 4 times driving up to a game on a Friday afternoon, it definitely will insult one's intelligence.

hobhog

Quote from: hogz11 on November 14, 2016, 05:05:52 pm
Was listening to Drive Time and they quoted CBB saying sometime to the effect of he needed to have a talk with Austin Allen and wanted to hear what he wanted to hear from the conversation or he would need to reevaluate if AA was the best guy moving forward.

Haven't heard ANYTHING like that before and wanted to know if anyone knows any more on that. I paraphrased what was said but it had the tone of CBB not being pleased with AA.

*Disclaimer- I'm not trying to start any rumors or stir anything up. Just looking for some clarification if anyone has it. Mods can trash this if there's no substance to it.

Sad that your agenda has gotten the better of you.

onebadrubi

Quote from: grassroothog on November 14, 2016, 05:46:08 pm
Well somebody needs to to talk to Austin. He"s been playing like he is rattled.

Probably because he was getting absolutely drilled earlier this season. That will take a toll on anyone.

The Boar War

Tough crowd.  The OP repeated the "story" just as it was said on the radio.  He's not trying to start anything just wanting clarification on what would be big news (if it were true).

Snouty

So Gentle Ben is not an expert on Razorback football?

I doubt BB would go public with any thought or actions concerning a team member until the team member had heard it first.  He is not one to replace anyone but I could believe he may go to AA and discuss the interception rate.  If he has, look for the stands to fill with footballs just like Brandon did for two+ seasons.  You won't throw interceptions if you chunk it in the stands at first thought of turmoil.

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 14, 2016, 05:38:41 pm

Lots of fake news going on these days and it ain't gonna go away...

AirWarren

During the post game, it was observed that Allen may also lack some leadership skills. He often points and places blame on everyone else but himself.

hogcard1964

Something's not right. Coach did make a comment about sitting down with him and making sure he was our quarterback going forward.  There's definitely something going on between Allen and Bret.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 14, 2016, 07:35:09 pm
Something's not right. Coach did make a comment about sitting down with him and making sure he was our quarterback going forward.  There's definitely something going on between Allen and Bret.

Source?
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: AP85 on November 14, 2016, 07:16:46 pm
During the post game, it was observed that Allen may also lack some leadership skills. He often points and places blame on everyone else but himself.

"It" was observed? What the Frank?
[CENSORED]!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogz11 on November 14, 2016, 06:48:41 pm
And as far as sports talk radio, you guys are mostly right. The callers are the main ones that will drop your IQ if you listen to some of the redneck fools calling in that can't even complete a proper sentence. There are some true media guys like Trey Biddy that have covered the team for years that are worth listening to. Former players also provide good commentary. Marcus Elliot is usually on point with most of what he says. Guys like that certainly know more about Arkansas football than most if not all of the chuckleheads on this board. Including me.....

If anyone has a better radio show or station for me to listen to that covers Razorback sports, please list it as I haven't found one.

So which show do you call in to?

Hogwaller

He's not making this up. I was driving around tuned in to Drive Time, and that's what they said. I thought it was pretty harsh and wondered myself if he really said it.

Snouty

Quote from: hogz11 on November 14, 2016, 09:21:50 pm
Never called in and never will. I listed who I enjoy listening to as those guys have legit Arkansas football knowledge and insight. Some callers from time to time actually show a degree of competence and it's refreshing. But most sound like they forgot their psych meds or any of their schooling.

My meds were here just a minute ago.  Where did I put them?

hawg IQ

Quote from: hogz11 on November 14, 2016, 05:05:52 pm

All sickness is not death- anybody heard that before ?  AA needs to sit now and then!? why not look at some the other guys for a play or two.
go hogs go !

Rzbakfromwaybak

Hope coach BB sits down with the defense, & tells them giving up these 400-500 yd rushing games are not acceptable.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

ladynbraids

It was said in the presser by CBB following the LSU game.  Bielema says he will have a talk with Allen and "make sure that he's right for us to move forward.  It was said by Bielema in the questions that followed:

http://www.thv11.com/sports/bret-bielema-recaps-loss-to-lsu/351414054

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Snouty on November 14, 2016, 07:00:13 pm
So Gentle Ben is not an expert on Razorback football?
No, but Sterling from Center Ridge is with the truth. It's Double bee's...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogz11 on November 15, 2016, 03:08:27 pm
Anyone else listen to the presser in the link? Or are we just going to ignore this topic now because no one can accuse me of fabricating a story on this?
Randy Rainwater was the one who said he heard it. I heard it to but I didn't take it like that. Like he was going to bench him or anything.

Youngsta71701

RazrRila99

Bielema says he will have a talk with Allen and "make sure that he's right for us to move forward."

From:  https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/what-bret-bielema-said-after-arkansas-loss-to-lsu

I read it Saturday night and was surprised I didnt see a special topic on it.  I was asking myself if maybe AA's squash is not quite right or his knee isnt quite right due to the hits. 

Youngsta71701

hogz11...Not much being said now... ???

Dwight_K_Shrute

Oh for Franks sake the *&^! people will infer or just plain make up.

From Bielema is going to bench Austin to AA lacking leadership skills.

If I were AA I'd be pointing and chewing people out too.  They aren't the one getting flattened play after play.  I'd like to see anyone do their job with a Mack Truck coming at them.  Yes that is part of his job but if it was others job to give you 1.9 seconds and they are giving you .5 of course you are going to be less effective and pissed.

Quit trying to make stuff up out of nothing and doing it in such a passive aggressive pansy a$$ manner.  You know under the guise of "It's not me, I just heard X, Y, Z on the radio"  No you are giving your interpretation of X, Y, Z when the coach most likely meant A, B, C. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogz11 on November 14, 2016, 10:29:40 pm
Thanks. It's at about 4:50 in for you people that think I just make crap up. That's the first I've heard it and the radio guys may have been over blowing it. Hard to tell exactly what CBB meant there.

I think it's a coachable issue.

DiamondHogFan

"Make sure he's right for us to move forward"

For the team and the offense to move forward, some things need to be corrected.  I agree with the above comment, things will be emphasized through coaching AA this week.  Not that we are about to see Storey or Kelley as the QB1.  Austin is the guy, he just needs to get his focus back.  CBB and CDE will work on getting him where he needs to be.

If it continues...then who knows, but I don't think there is a question about who will be the QB1 at this point.

Youngsta71701

My only problem with AA is that sometimes he hangs in the pocket too long when he knows his internal clock needs to speed up. Especially with this O-line. He only has so long to make a decision. Either get out of the pocket and run or get out of the pocket and throw the ball away. Personally I would like to see him run a little bit more and slide or get out of bounds when he's about to get hit just to put that seed in the defenses head that I can and will run if I have to.

MJ2

AA is not the problem and CBB needs to back off from accusations if he's headed in that direction.     Blocking is a huge problem.  Play calling is suspect and times and utilization of personnel is a problem on occasion too, but AA is not the problem!

PorkRinds

Quote from: MJ2 on November 15, 2016, 03:59:01 pm
AA is not the problem and CBB needs to back off from accusations if he's headed in that direction.     Blocking is a huge problem.  Play calling is suspect and times and utilization of personnel is a problem on occasion too, but AA is not the problem!
He's not headed in that direction.

oldhog63

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 15, 2016, 03:35:26 pm
If I were AA I'd be pointing and chewing people out too.  They aren't the one getting flattened play after play.  I'd like to see anyone do their job with a Mack Truck coming at them.  Yes that is part of his job but if it was others job to give you 1.9 seconds and they are giving you .5 of course you are going to be less effective and pissed.
Talk about exaggeration. Have you or any of these other posters that are trashing the OL ever played OL at the college (or even HS level)? Not saying the OL doesn't have its problems, but not every sack or hit is the OL's fault. How may times could AA have just made a step up or to the side to avoid the rush. Maybe run for a few yards and slide instead of freezing (or holding the ball too long) and waiting for the sack? How many times has he moved right into the DL that was being blocked? Just as frustrating for a QB to get hit, it is just as frustrating to an OL for the QB to move INTO a block instead of away from it. So, don't tell me that every hit/sack AA has taken is the OL's fault. Especially the last few games, many of the hits are on him. AND, most of the interceptions and bad passes have been with no pressure.

Something has changed recently. Maybe he hasn't gotten over the knee injury. But something is different about him and it is showing up in the games.

ZERO

Quote from: hobhog on November 14, 2016, 05:48:17 pm
Sad that your agenda has gotten the better of you.

He was clearly in doubt of some dubious info and was asking if someone could clarify. Just... I don't know, man. Read more slowly or something.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

PorkRinds

I'll go ahead and apologize to Hogz11.  I had not watched the post game presser. I thought he was referring to the Monday presser when I responded. It seems as if CBB did say something similar in the post game presser, so I jumped the gun when pushing back against it. I was confused and had only seen the Monday presser.

Lake City Hog

Just who made the decision to leave AA in the Auburn game after he had been blasted several times? AFTER, he had a knee injury?
If, and I do say IF, BB is going down this road after all of his talk about player safety I will not have a lot of trust in anything that he says. This smacks of NUTT bigtime.

How many of you really think that a true freshman is going to lead us better than AA has this season?
Take AA out of the season and you all KNOW that we aren't even approaching 6 wins today.

hogginbama

I took the comment of making sure he is right, not about being the right QB to finish the season, but to make sure his is "right between the ears". This could be a talk about not putting so much pressure on himself to make the perfect throw, not let one bad play lead to multiple bad plays, realize that sometimes receivers will cut one way based on their read of the DB as compared to his read, etc. I don't think CBB is the one to throw it out in an interview or press conference that he is about to bench a player.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Lake City Hog

Quote from: hogginbama on November 15, 2016, 06:46:04 pm
I took the comment of making sure he is right, not about being the right QB to finish the season, but to make sure his is "right between the ears". This could be a talk about not putting so much pressure on himself to make the perfect throw, not let one bad play lead to multiple bad plays, realize that sometimes receivers will cut one way based on their read of the DB as compared to his read, etc. I don't think CBB is the one to throw it out in an interview or press conference that he is about to bench a player.

WRONG!
Go back and watch many of his pressers and you will hear him call out players. Now, I have never heard him suggest that any particular player was more responsible for a loss. How many of you remember the things that he said about McFain? And how many of you remember the number of games that a made field goal could have been HUGE for us?

longpig

Quote from: MJ2 on November 15, 2016, 03:59:01 pm

He's throwing the foozball to the other guys.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Surfing8 on November 15, 2016, 06:10:24 pm
Pretty sure he was referring to a radio talk show...

Yep.

I understand that. I didn't realize they were talking about a different presser than the one I watched.

MJ2

Quote from: longpig on November 15, 2016, 07:37:05 pm
He's throwing the foozball to the other guys.

Romo has made a good living doing that!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: hogz11 on November 15, 2016, 04:43:20 pm
Well if you have the brains to read the OP and the pitchfork and torches comments that followed, you would understand why I posted it the way I did. Everyone wanted to run their yappers about how I was fabricating stories until posters got on here to verify it was talked about on the radio. When a link was provided, everyone fell silent.

Take your meds and lighten up.....
HOGZ11 FOR THE WIN!   ;D
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon