Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How hot is CBB's seat

Started by ChromDome35, November 14, 2016, 12:32:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbville

Look at the overall CFB landscape at the moment. His seat isn't even warm.

rude1

Quote from: gchamblee on November 15, 2016, 08:14:08 pm
you're just picking fly darn out of the pepper now. he did it whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.
No you guys will twist and contort any and everything to try and make CBB  look good. Ole Bret is so serious about winning he took a million dollar cut to pay for assistants. That is simply a lie!!!!

Dwillhog66

Regardless of all these ridiculous arguments in this thread, BB seat isn't even remotely warm at this time to the disappointment of a few Hogville posters.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: reddogjcss on November 15, 2016, 09:12:50 pm
He a coach administrator like Stoops, Never his fault, fire problem and hire new
speaking of stoops... if kentucky sends mark packing, BB may look his way for DC . Because, although BBs seat has warmed, Smith's is in fukushima meltdown mode.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Medic821

Sure some idoot thinking about hiring a plane snd draging a banner.

1highhog

We lose against Miss State this weekend IMO, I'd bet on it.  We might beat Mizzou and end up 7-5 and then draw a lower tier Bowl Game which we should win leaving us at 8-5.  That's better than what we were supposed to be this year, but after starting out like we did everyone wanted and expected more.  CBB is not on a hot seat after this season, nor should he be, but next season is going to be a tough season, worse than this one, he will then start being on a hot seat and may need to start looking around.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 1highhog on November 15, 2016, 11:34:31 pm
We lose against Miss State this weekend IMO, I'd bet on it.  We might beat Mizzou and end up 7-5 and then draw a lower tier Bowl Game which we should win leaving us at 8-5.  That's better than what we were supposed to be this year, but after starting out like we did everyone wanted and expected more.  CBB is not on a hot seat after this season, nor should he be, but next season is going to be a tough season, worse than this one, he will then start being on a hot seat and may need to start looking around.
I don't think it's hot, but, if we lose these last two....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 14, 2016, 12:53:53 pm
No heat whatsoever till the stadium expansion is finished.  After that minimal heat.  Petrino had to put himself in a legally untenable position to be fired.  Houston Nutt had to infuriate Hog fans for a decade, go to the extreme of forcing his shield into retirement and accepting millions to walk away even with less than 10% support.

Jeff Long isn't going to fire CBB.  If he can't find a successful staff of assistants who can recruit and coach what he recruits Bielema might get fed up with the situation and bail out to a non-SEC job but on the assumption he keeps academics strong and recruiting clean and the SEC revenue stream stays steady and Arkansas retains market value as an object of curiosity drawing a respectable TV audience mostly on the strength of the SEC opponents then fan dissatisfaction is no reason to terminate a coach.  Arkansas athletics is a business and it would take a business necessity to make Long act to change any coach.
explain the "Petrino had to put himself in a legally untenable position to be fired."  If you are trying to say that Petrino had to be fired based on possible litigation against the UA because Bobby hired a woman with whom he was having an affair, well you would be wrong. Firing Petrino did not mitigate the supposed damages done to the others who applied for the position and did not get the job. We could have kept Petrino and in 3 weeks the media would be going on to bigger and better stories. Petrino was fired because I would imagine he told our distinguished AD to kiss his lily-white hiney.

ad: and by the way, who's laughing now ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: daprospecta on November 15, 2016, 05:24:54 pm
So we are including the wins from decades ago? By that notion, our basketball should be really reeling in top 5 classes as we won the NC a little over twenty years ago and were the runner up the following year.  It's funny how historic winning matters at other schools but doesn't matter here. 

TWO years or even several close together are not near as consistent as what the Bear did over many, many more years. The Bear won several NC's scattered over many years. That consistency is what and ability to recover quicker when there are a bad year or so over time is what makes them "Bama". There area only a small number of teams over the years that have been consistent or able to recover quickly when not so good in both football and basketball.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sportster365

So what I take from this is that if CBB didn't have such a high buyout then he'd be on the seat. As an AD Jeff has to be constantly planning for the future. If CBB doesn't get a contract extension by the end of this season, then I think it will quite apparent the direction Jeff's heading. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: Sportster365 on November 16, 2016, 10:37:08 am
So what I take from this is that if CBB didn't have such a high buyout then he'd be on the seat. As an AD Jeff has to be constantly planning for the future. If CBB doesn't get a contract extension by the end of this season, then I think it will quite apparent the direction Jeff's heading.

Why would he receive an extension?  Isn't he signed through 2020?

lilRockNDubb

Stuart Scott said it best..
"Cool as the other side of the pillow"

Sportster365

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 16, 2016, 11:24:31 am
Why would he receive an extension?  Isn't he signed through 2020?

Yeah good point, probably the first real mistake Jeff Long has made.