Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No fire?

Started by Hogball58, November 13, 2016, 12:42:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JOKERHOG

Quote from: MJ2 on November 15, 2016, 10:50:08 am
His $4M per year isn't based on performance.   He gets it regardless.   I'm sure he's just standing there wondering how much longer this can go on!

He is guaranteed to win the lottery every three months as long as he can hang on.  The huge buyout has something to do with the "no fire"
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: clutch on November 14, 2016, 08:02:22 pm
He's actually right. I'm a coach and I agree with what he is saying. Well, sort of. There's two different types of coaching, there's preparation and teaching, and there's in game coaching. They are completely different.

During the week you are in teaching mode. That is when you are teaching the players what you want them to do and how to do it better. During the game, you are making in game decisions. You talk to your players about doing what you've talked about all week, but there isn't much actual coaching of how to do it. If they are still needing to be shown what to do at this point, it's too late. There's way too much in game decision making going on to be coaching players on how to do things.

Adjustments fall under in-game coaching. They are changes in scheme, alignment, personnel, etc. Very rarely can you make an in-game adjustment to the way a player is playing. You can adjust mistakes like how they are lined up, or who they are keying, but it's not going to do you any good to try to teach them how to tackle better at this point. The only thing that will fix the way a player is playing is reps, and you get those reps in practice settings.

Glad my kid didn't play for you. You can change all kinds of things from one series to the next. You ever watch an NFL game you would know how dumb this comment is.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 15, 2016, 04:18:01 pm
Which is my point... reinforcing and motivating is not the part of coaching people were alluding to.  And really, even reinforcing on the sidelines still means your job wasn't done during the week.

If that's the case, then why should the coach even show up to the game?  All your work is done the week before.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 15, 2016, 06:22:26 pm
Glad my kid didn't play for you. You can change all kinds of things from one series to the next. You ever watch an NFL game you would know how dumb this comment is.
Exactly what are they changing between series?   I super excited to hear your answer.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on November 15, 2016, 06:42:44 pm
If that's the case, then why should the coach even show up to the game?  All your work is done the week before.
Therr are in-game decisions to make.  Half-time adjustments, personnel issues, etc.  not a lot of drills can be ran between series to change the way the game is played. 

hawgtusky22

Reminds me of a Beavis and Butthead  show watching  coach B on sidelines.  Beady eyes and blank look

The first nearly 2 years that BB was our coach, he would actually stand away from the squad on the sideline as if he didn't wish to own them.  We don't have the assistants going over situations that have developed during the game.  we go out look lost on a series and then learn nothing from the sidelines.  Sometimes a players needs encouragement and sometimes he needs to be awakened. 

Our coach looks scraggy and just left the bar to get here and he acts that it a lot too.  I don't believe our HC connects with the assistants and players in a manner conducive to best chance to win.  And our record and manner of losing points that out.

B501

Quote from: 12247 on November 16, 2016, 08:01:04 am
Our coach looks scraggy and just left the bar to get here and he acts that it a lot too.

Hit the nail on the head

onebadrubi

Quote from: JOKERHOG on November 15, 2016, 06:11:42 pm
He is guaranteed to win the lottery every three months as long as he can hang on.  The huge buyout has something to do with the "no fire"

If his buyout was $1 he is still safe for another season if not 2. 

clutch

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 15, 2016, 06:22:26 pm

I'm glad your kid didn't play for me as well. You are definitely one of "those parents."

MJ2

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 15, 2016, 02:51:08 pm
I think Robb knows his days as the Arkansas Razorback DC are numbered...

He probably doesn't care and just wants out of here.

buldozer

The team is not motivated at all. There is little interaction from BB during the game. His laid back flip flop style has trickled down to the team and now no one is motivated. Now everyone has a blank stare. So no  one plays. If he does not get on top of this he will lose the team