Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you want to see different results it begins with recruiting .......

Started by hogfanmd, November 13, 2016, 07:59:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanmd

Share with me one team we lost to this year that has had lower ranked recruiting classes then us???   The correct answer is none

Also we beat ole miss and florida that have outranked us in recruiting.

I know all the "he is really a 5 star but since he is in arkansas or committted to arkansas he is been only ranked a 3star". But that is mostly crap. 

The only way to compete with the elites of the SEC is to improve recruiting overall and develop some other less ranked kids into top athletes.  I don't know how to do it or if it can be done but that is what has to happen to get the champiomship results people keep hoping for.

Lastly texas AM joining the sec hurts our chances at recruiting texas talent.  The traditional lifeline to arkansas.   Them joining the conference was not helpful to arkansas at all. 

This is not a criticism of our current players.  They came to UA and I support them. 

tlmack

And Arkansas has done everything it could to recruit for over 30 years I have been watching. Doesn't matter who the coach is we have always been about the same.

Calling All Hogs

I use to think a lot of recruiting star power could be equalized by a great strength and conditioning college coach and the result of the Florida game strongly supported that possibility especially considering how many Florida players were injured. However, the Auburn and LSU games support a different conclusion since we got our butts kicked and dominated on both lines of scrimmage. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogz11 on November 13, 2016, 12:12:45 pm
It may begin with recruiting, but the season wins start with serious practice and preparation. Neither seem to be happening.....

Talking point.

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 13, 2016, 07:59:56 am
Share with me one team we lost to this year that has had lower ranked recruiting classes then us???   The correct answer is none

I know all the "he is really a 5 star but since he is in arkansas or committted to arkansas he is been only ranked a 3star". But that is mostly crap. 

The only way to compete with the elites of the SEC is to improve recruiting overall and develop some other less ranked kids into top athletes.  I don't know how to do it or if it can be done but that is what has to happen to get the champiomship results people keep hoping for.

Lastly texas AM joining the sec hurts our chances at recruiting texas talent.  The traditional lifeline to arkansas.   Them joining the conference was not helpful to arkansas at all. 

This is not a criticism of our current players.  They came to UA and I support them. 

We didn't outrecruit A&M in Texas when they were in the Big 12.  Our recruiting competition in Texas is more of the next tier of Texas programs and Ok St, Az, Az St, Iowa, Neb and every other program who wants to get the players not going to Texas or A&M.  What A&M's entrance in the SEC did was add to the depth of competition we face in terms of another elite capable recruiting program. 

We outrecruit 70-80% of college football.  We have to have a staff who uses that to recruit the "right" players in the "right" numbers at each position to build a complete team and do well in retaining them and building depth.  Wasn't going to happen in 3 full classes.  The staff did not do a good job in those classes at some positions like oline. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HiggiePiggy

Ok let's stop the recruiting thing. It is getting old.  Arkansas WILL never out recruit Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Texas A&M. It will every now and then out recruit ole miss and it will almost always out recruit Mississippi State. So Arkansas WILL always be 5th to 7th in the sec west in recruiting.

So that being said any coach that comes to Arkansas has to realize they MUST be able to coach up the talent they have in order to be competitive in the west division. So you either need a GREAT X's and O's coach or you need a CEO type coach that gets GREAT assistant coaches and keeps them for a long period of time.  Right now we have in my opinion a great offensive coordinator, but we do not have a great defensive coordinator.

Next year the question marks on this team will be the same as they are for this season.  What will be of the offensive line and what will the defense look like. If those two are still a problem then we are looking at another 7 or 8 win season next year.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

rude1

Isn't this ironic, when the low recruiting rankings were coming in, any complaints were swiftly met with "star gazers", "staff great at evaluations", "superior strength & conditioning", and of course "retaining and developing". Now that the results aren't what most would like, we are now being fed the hopelessness of our recruiting situation as an excuse for not expecting any better.  I don't know what it is about CBB or is it the fear of change, but we have a bunch of fans who are willing the move the bar wherever it takes to make him not responsible for anything.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rude1 on November 13, 2016, 12:22:40 pm
Isn't this ironic, when the low recruiting rankings were coming in, any complaints were swiftly met with "star gazers", "staff great at evaluations", "superior strength & conditioning", and of course "retaining and developing". Now that the results aren't what most would like, we are now being fed the hopelessness of our recruiting situation as an excuse for not expecting any better.  I don't know what it is about CBB or is it the fear of change, but we have a bunch of fans who are willing the move the bar wherever it takes to make him not responsible for anything.

Not true.  You are seeing what you want in terms of discussion.  But this is why we can't have discussions here. 

When did low recruiting rankings come in relative to how we recruit?

It is not everyone is willing to give up on BB or believe he should have only been given 4 seasons to turn this around.  Read more and you will see the criticism of him and the staff.  Like I told PRJ last night, some of you are being such posters (and I didn't type posters) you can't have a discussion about Bielema.  You push posters to sides. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 13, 2016, 12:20:27 pm
Ok let's stop the recruiting thing. It is getting old.  Arkansas WILL never out recruit Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Texas A&M. It will every now and then out recruit ole miss and it will almost always out recruit Mississippi State. So Arkansas WILL always be 5th to 7th in the sec west in recruiting.

So that being said any coach that comes to Arkansas has to realize they MUST be able to coach up the talent they have in order to be competitive in the west division. So you either need a GREAT X's and O's coach or you need a CEO type coach that gets GREAT assistant coaches and keeps them for a long period of time.  Right now we have in my opinion a great offensive coordinator, but we do not have a great defensive coordinator.

Next year the question marks on this team will be the same as they are for this season.  What will be of the offensive line and what will the defense look like. If those two are still a problem then we are looking at another 7 or 8 win season next year.

Defense will always be a question at Arkansas.  Not to say we should be where we are defensively. 

seasonhog

It may begin with recruiting, but the season wins start with serious practice and preparation. Neither seem to be happening.....
[/quote

According  to HV, coaches like Holtz, Petrino, could not recruit.....but our recruiting the last 3 years has been great.

What is wrong with this picture......

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 12:29:18 pm
Defense will always be a question at Arkansas.  Not to say we should be where we are defensively. 

Defense is always a question because we have never found a great defensive coordinator.  If we do we don't hold onto them for a very long time. A revolving door of coordinators will keep Arkansas between 6 and 8 wins for a pretty long time because I do not believe Beliema is a X's and O's type coach. So he has to get great assistants to be able to win 10+ games a year here. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 13, 2016, 12:33:48 pm
Defense is always a question because we have never found a great defensive coordinator.  If we do we don't hold onto them for a very long time. A revolving door of coordinators will keep Arkansas between 6 and 8 wins for a pretty long time because I do not believe Beliema is a X's and O's type coach. So he has to get great assistants to be able to win 10+ games a year here.

We have had some decent ones in the SEC era.  It is a bad DC job.  Fans don't want to hear it.  But as far as chance for success, DC at Arkansas is not a good job.  Non Texas Big 12 recruiting base trying to play against teams whose base in the Gulf states.  Going to be hard to attract a great DC. 

10+ games a year here is not possible.  Not possible anywhere in SEC outside of a Saban-led program, Florida or maybe LSU with the right coach.  If this is your standard, we cannot have a discussion. 

rude1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 12:27:30 pm
Not true.  You are seeing what you want in terms of discussion.  But this is why we can't have discussions here. 

When did low recruiting rankings come in relative to how we recruit?

It is not everyone is willing to give up on BB or believe he should have only been given 4 seasons to turn this around.  Read more and you will see the criticism of him and the staff.  Like I told PRJ last night, some of you are being such posters (and I didn't type posters) you can't have a discussion about Bielema.  You push posters to sides. 

Not my point. My point is the bar is moved by some here to cover for any perceived criticism of deficiencies of CBB. Criticize recruiting? You are a star gazer who only knows how to read recruiting rankings and don't know anything about evaluations and development. Criticize the play on the field? Well what do you expect, it is impossible to recruit to Fayetteville, therefor it is impossible to expect to compete against the top half of the division because of recruiting.........................

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: seasonhog on November 13, 2016, 12:33:20 pm
[/quote

According  to HV, coaches like Holtz, Petrino, could not recruit.....but our recruiting the last 3 years has been great.

What is wrong with this picture......

You are paying attention to posters as extreme as you are on the other side.

Soooie21

We done seem to focus enough on speed...need to try getting a duel threat qb...big slow offense and def. linemen...speed, speed, and more speed..make sure they are football players and not track guys..

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 12:19:53 pm
Talking point.

We didn't outrecruit A&M in Texas when they were in the Big 12.  Our recruiting competition in Texas is more of the next tier of Texas programs and Ok St, Az, Az St, Iowa, Neb and every other program who wants to get the players not going to Texas or A&M.  What A&M's entrance in the SEC did was add to the depth of competition we face in terms of another elite capable recruiting program. 

We outrecruit 70-80% of college football.  We have to have a staff who uses that to recruit the "right" players in the "right" numbers at each position to build a complete team and do well in retaining them and building depth.  Wasn't going to happen in 3 full classes.  The staff did not do a good job in those classes at some positions like oline.
Your last statement is exactly right IMO.

Your statement about A&M is not right IMO, and I believe the rankings bear that out. Prior to them joining the SEC, we would beat them in rankings, or be right where they were within a few spots, since joining they beat us hands down. It is because they are in the SEC now, I believe we have lost out on several players, so has Texas, so has LSU. So it is not just us, but it has certainly hurt us as well. LSU and us were the easy conduit to "the" league for Texas players.

sickboy

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 13, 2016, 12:47:21 pm
Your last statement is exactly right IMO.

Your statement about A&M is not right IMO, and I believe the rankings bear that out. Prior to them joining the SEC, we would beat them in rankings, or be right where they were within a few spots, since joining they beat us hands down. It is because they are in the SEC now, I believe we have lost out on several players, so has Texas, so has LSU. So it is not just us, but it has certainly hurt us as well. LSU and us were the easy conduit to "the" league for Texas players.

Yeah, until A&M was in the SEC, we regularly had better classes.

Atlhogfan1

It wasn't the rankings with A&M.  It was the recruiting vs A&M in Texas.  We sign the majority of our players outside of Texas.  You are trying to make the assertion our Texas recruiting has declined or been harmed with A&M's entrance into the SEC which isn't true.  A&M's recruiting may have been helped although they have done well in the past. 

CaliforniaHawg

Lamar Jackson was a 3-star recruit.

CBP had us amongst the nation's elite with 3/4 star guys.

Recruiting doesn't need to be elite if your coaching is elite.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 12:19:53 pm
Talking point.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 12:37:42 pm

10+ games a year here is not possible.  Not possible anywhere in SEC outside of a Saban-led program, Florida or maybe LSU with the right coach.  If this is your standard, we cannot have a discussion. 

This is false. 10 plus a year has been done while we have been in the sec.  I'm not asking for every single year to be 10 or more, but to say it can't happen often is BS. It's about coaching. We had a coach that won 10 then followed it up with 11 the very next year. So don't tell me it's not possible. I am not the fan that says oh we are poor Arkansas and we can't do any better than 8 wins a year. THAT has been proven wrong. You either expect a coach to get it done or you keep being ok with 6 to 8 wins a year. I have given two ways it can be done at Arkansas. X's and O's has proven to work at Arkansas. CEO has not yet. In order for CEO type coaches to be successful here they need to get GREAT ASSISTANT coaches. Until that happens you will probably never see a 10 win season with CEO type coach at Arkansas. 

lutherheggs

This is never going to improve beyond where it is now vs the programs the Hogs lost to on the field this season. Get used to it and enjoy games anyway or kill yourself or stop watching the games.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 13, 2016, 01:04:20 pm
This is false. 10 plus a year has been done while we have been in the sec.  I'm not asking for every single year to be 10 or more, but to say it can't happen often is BS. It's about coaching. We had a coach that won 10 then followed it up with 11 the very next year. So don't tell me it's not possible. I am not the fan that says oh we are poor Arkansas and we can't do any better than 8 wins a year. THAT has been proven wrong. You either expect a coach to get it done or you keep being ok with 6 to 8 wins a year. I have given two ways it can be done at Arkansas. X's and O's has proven to work at Arkansas. CEO has not yet. In order for CEO type coaches to be successful here they need to get GREAT ASSISTANT coaches. Until that happens you will probably never see a 10 win season with CEO type coach at Arkansas.

So he has to get great assistants to be able to win 10+ games a year here. 

Changing your statement.  I agree it can happen and will happen.  Often I'm not sure about.  Have to define how often you think. 

I never told you it wasn't possible to have a season or two with 10 or 11 wins and wouldn't.

rude1

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on November 13, 2016, 12:59:46 pm

Haven't you heard, Bobby Petrino just happens to be the luckiest coach in America, every place how shows up, luckily talent happens to be around just passing through and he gets to win with it or the opposition happens to be so bad he can't help but win.......................

PorkRinds

If you're an Arkansas fan that expects us to compete with bama, lsu, and auburn year in and year out and be in the top their, you're going to be disappointed. We will have lots of average seasons mixed in with a few really good ones every 5 years or so. We may catch lightning in a bottle every now and  again. It's who we are.  If you can't be happy with that you're going to be unhappy.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on November 13, 2016, 12:59:46 pm

A recruit Bobby didn't want to offer. 

We had 4 and 5 star players on offense.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rude1 on November 13, 2016, 01:06:42 pm
Haven't you heard, Bobby Petrino just happens to be the luckiest coach in America, every place how shows up, luckily talent happens to be around just passing through and he gets to win with it or the opposition happens to be so bad he can't help but win.......................

Why we can't have a discussion......Keep pushing posters to sides.........

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 12:59:23 pm
It wasn't the rankings with A&M.  It was the recruiting vs A&M in Texas.  We sign the majority of our players outside of Texas.  You are trying to make the assertion our Texas recruiting has declined or been harmed with A&M's entrance into the SEC which isn't true.  A&M's recruiting may have been helped although they have done well in the past.
It's not just about Texas, but anyway you have your mind made up.
You can only use the rankings, and the offers and visits we have had that now play in college station since they joined that tells me the story. So unless you can provide some information that can supplant the information I have seen I can't agree with YOUR assessment.

hogfanmd

We have to do more with less when it comes to the players that agree to come to arkansas (on average).    That leaves little room for error.  You can't have a bad day and then still win the game like Bama can.    And then the other team has a great game with better talent it's hard to win.

if you take the homer feelings out of it and look at it from a non arkansas fan or player who lives outside of arkansas we have a hard time recruiting on the level of lsu, am, auburn, alabama.   Makes it tough. 
Almost need to find a way to improve the high school football and junior high programs to have more home grown talent. IMO.

Atlhogfan1

Lastly texas AM joining the sec hurts our chances at [size=36pt]recruiting texas talent.  The traditional lifeline to arkansas.   [/size]Them joining the conference was not helpful to arkansas at all. 

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 13, 2016, 01:18:49 pm
It's not just about Texas, but anyway you have your mind made up.
You can only use the rankings, and the offers and visits we have had that now play in college station since they joined that tells me the story. So unless you can provide some information that can supplant the information I have seen I can't agree with YOUR assessment.

What the ?  It is what the O.P. said. The discussion in the thread.  Where A&M does almost all of its recruiting.

Al Boarland

What did CBB coach before he was a HC?

go hogues

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 12:37:42 pm
We have had some decent ones in the SEC era.  It is a bad DC job.  Fans don't want to hear it.  But as far as chance for success, DC at Arkansas is not a good job.  Non Texas Big 12 recruiting base trying to play against teams whose base in the Gulf states.  Going to be hard to attract a great DC. 

This. We have to be happy with 7-5 and capitalize on the classes that have a wealth of Arkansas talent every 8 or 10 years.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: go hogues on November 13, 2016, 01:27:28 pm
This. We have to be happy with 7-5 and capitalize on the classes that have a wealth of Arkansas talent every 8 or 10 years.

Well I should have added UGa to the list.  Get to the consistent 8 win range and then be in position when things are right - talent, schedule, breaks - to do more and achieve it. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 01:21:02 pm
What the ?  It is what the O.P. said. The discussion in the thread.  Where A&M does almost all of its recruiting.
I wasn't commenting on the OP  ;D, I was commenting on your assertion that basically I read was A&M joining has no bearing on our recruiting, and the information I see makes that not true.

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on November 12, 2016, 07:50:13 am
Because of LSU's Defensive performance against Bama and Arkansas Offensive performance against Florida (yes I was there).  I'm going to lean towards LSU.  After a battle in the trenches, LSU will start to rip off runs in the 2nd half (down the sidelines), returning us to our favorite post game "Depth & Recruiting threads".

BDSCT51

Quote from: tlmack on November 13, 2016, 11:58:53 am
And Arkansas has done everything it could to recruit for over 30 years I have been watching. Doesn't matter who the coach is we have always been about the same.

I've been at this Hog fan thing since the late 60s. This is an accurate description.
Bleeding Razorback Red

rude1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 01:10:22 pm
Why we can't have a discussion......Keep pushing posters to sides.........
There is no discussion going on here, your job is to deflect. If anyone dare tries to compliment Petrino, you run to try and point out some fault or how it's being in the right place at the right time. If someone criticizes CBB you run to point out how hard the job is, all the limitations to the program, and basically how we need to just lay down and accept it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rude1 on November 13, 2016, 02:08:24 pm
There is no discussion going on here, your job is to deflect. If anyone dare tries to compliment Petrino, you run to try and point out some fault or how it's being in the right place at the right time. If someone criticizes CBB you run to point out how hard the job is, all the limitations to the program, and basically how we need to just lay down and accept it.

I'm not deflecting.   I've criticized.  Plenty of posts to prove it.   What I am not doing is being a complete [CENSORED] to the coaches, players and fans who aren't being total a*es.  Lets discuss. 

It has gone beyond complimenting Petrino and you know it. 

jm

The first thing to do is fix the attitude. You gotta wanna win, as Nolan Richardson used to say.

majp51

Quote from: BDSCT51 on November 13, 2016, 02:03:25 pm
I've been at this Hog fan thing since the late 60s. This is an accurate description.

OK, Can we point to any coaching staff that was great recruiting before they got here, <meh> when they were here, then great after they left?

Shoot in the past 25 years, only Danny Ford had the reputation of being a great recruiter before getting here, and he retired when he left so we really cannot use that as a comparison point.

But the point being that the closest thing we have tried for in terms of a "head coach with recruiting prowess: is well nobody.

That is not to say that if a top notch recruiter came here they would definitely do something different, or be successful, but it is proof we haven't tried everything.

We also haven't tried a defense minded coach. All of our Head Coaches sine the early 90's are defined by their offensive style, not their defensive style.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: majp51 on November 13, 2016, 02:19:58 pm
OK, Can we point to any coaching staff that was great recruiting before they got here, <meh> when they were here, then great after they left?

Shoot in the past 25 years, only Danny Ford had the reputation of being a great recruiter before getting here, and he retired when he left so we really cannot use that as a comparison point.

But the point being that the closest thing we have tried for in terms of a "head coach with recruiting prowess: is well nobody.

That is not to say that if a top notch recruiter came here they would definitely do something different, or be successful, but it is proof we haven't tried everything.

We also haven't tried a defense minded coach. All of our Head Coaches sine the early 90's are defined by their offensive style, not their defensive style.

Bielema's background was defensive coaching.  Are you wanting a Muschamp/Smart?

majp51

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 13, 2016, 02:24:27 pm
Bielema's background was defensive coaching.  Are you wanting a Muschamp/Smart?

Come one Atlhogfan1 , listen to any pundit look at Bielema's career, he is defined by his offense. Wisconsin was called RB University under him for goodness sake.

And talk about deliberately misinterpreting. What I clearly said was that we haven't tried everything.

Again, simple question while we cry poor mouth over recruiting. Name the top flight recruiting coach who was great before he got here, <meh> while he was here, great after he left here.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: majp51 on November 13, 2016, 02:59:51 pm
Come one Atlhogfan1 , listen to any pundit look at Bielema's career, he is defined by his offense. Wisconsin was called RB University under him for goodness sake.

And talk about deliberately misinterpreting. What I clearly said was that we haven't tried everything.

Again, simple question while we cry poor mouth over recruiting. Name the top flight recruiting coach who was great before he got here, <meh> while he was here, great after he left here.

Doesn't mean it was what his background as a coach is. 

I totally get what you are saying. 

Hawghiggs

We have over all recruited well. The real problem starts with the O-line. We must over recruit that position.

nwahogfan1

We need to sign players who can help us win in the SEC.  We are signing top 25 classes but getting destroyed by Bama, Auburn, A&M and LSU.  These teams are good but are they as good as we made them look?????   Are we signing the right players???? 

I am not denying what your saying.  We need to recruit better but I go a step forward and say we need to sign the right players who can help us beat teams in the SEC..       

HF#1

Quote from: Hawghiggs on November 13, 2016, 03:19:10 pm
We have over all recruited well. The real problem starts with the O-line. We must over recruit that position.

Recruited well compared to who? We may be top 25 but that puts us 7th or 8th in the league. Thus, we are 7th or 8th in the league.  We have to throw in a top 10 or 15 class every few years or we will rarely get above 5th in the league.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Arthur pigby sellers.

I'm 90% sure Mike Sherman's aggies had higher recruiting rankings then us every year. That being said the addition of Sumlin and joining the SEC gave them a boost in recruiting.
     It does seem like we are slowly but surely starting to improve our recruiting in Texas. This is probably in part due to more SEC exposure in Texas. I can see the SEC as a whole taking more recruits every year from Texas.

hobhog

Vols are 13-3 in last 16 SEC games, behind only Alabama (16-0). Florida, Arkansas, Georgia 11-5.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2016, 03:38:30 pm
Recruited well compared to who? We may be top 25 but that puts us 7th or 8th in the league. Thus, we are 7th or 8th in the league.  We have to throw in a top 10 or 15 class every few years or we will rarely get above 5th in the league.

We will never get much higher in the ranking. We could get as high as 17 or 18. But we will never get a top10 class overall. But we could get a Top 10 O-line class. A better O-line would have been the difference in the A&M and LSU games. We might have still lost. But we could have sustained drives, making it easier on the defense.

thefisher

LAST FOUR YEAR RECRUITING CYCLE

ARKANSAS                    5* - 1                       4* - 5
AUBURN                        5* - 1                       4* - 12
LSU                               5* - 2                       4* - 16
BAMA                            5* - 5                       4* - 15

ARKANSAS                     5* - 0                       4* - 7
AUBURN                         5* - 1                       4* - 20

LSU                                5* - 2                       4* - 11
BAMA                             5* - 6                       4* - 14

ARKANSAS                      5* - 0                       4* - 4
AUBURN                          5* - 2                       4* - 11
LSU                                5* - 4                       4* - 12

BAMA                              5* - 5                       4* - 15

AUBURN                          5* - 3                       4* - 8
LSU                                 5* - 0                       4* - 19

BAMA                              5* - 8                       4* - 12

FOUR YEAR RECRUITING CYCLE TOTALS

ARKANSAS                     5* - 1                        4* - 20

AUBURN                         5* - 7                        4* - 51

LSU                                5* - 8                        4* - 58

BAMA                             5* - 24                       4* - 56

Those numbers are the real reason Arkansas is getting outplayed by those schools.

If you can read there is no  misunderstanding the true reason Arkansas gets handily beat by these schools at times.

Auburn has almost triple the number of elite level recruits over the last four year recruiting cycle.
LSU has well over triple the number of elite level recruits over the last four year recruiting cycle.
Bama has quadruple the number of elite level recruits over the last four year recruiting cycle.

The teams manhandling the Hogs are doing so because they have 300% to 400% more elite level players than the Hogs do.  Unfortunately they also are getting the majority of those recruits from within their own states borders and within 200 miles of their campuses most times.

Arkansas has top tier strength and conditioning coaches and facilities. However, these other school also have top tier  strength and conditioning coaches with state of the art facilities.  Difficult to out develop players when the other schools have the same level of coaching and facilities that Arkansas does.

This is the challenge no coach at Arkansas has ever solved. It is because it isn't just a problem ... it is a cold hard fact of life concerning the population and demographics of where each respective university is located.

Beeech al you want at the coaches ... you can't get blood from a turnip.  When you are so heavily outgunned in the talent area it makes playing absolutely perfect on the part of the Hogs coupled with those teams inflicting damage to themselves via turnovers, key injuries, and penalties that kill their drives and/or extend ours a prerequisite to winning.

That doesn't happen very often. However, sometimes David slays Goliath. Enjoy it when it does.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

hogfanmd

Quote from: thefisher on November 13, 2016, 05:35:22 pm
LAST FOUR YEAR RECRUITING CYCLE

ARKANSAS                    5* - 1                       4* - 5
AUBURN                        5* - 1                       4* - 12
LSU                               5* - 2                       4* - 16
BAMA                            5* - 5                       4* - 15

ARKANSAS                     5* - 0                       4* - 7
AUBURN                         5* - 1                       4* - 20

LSU                                5* - 2                       4* - 11
BAMA                             5* - 6                       4* - 14

AUBURN                          5* - 2                       4* - 11
LSU                                5* - 4                       4* - 12

BAMA                              5* - 5                       4* - 15

AUBURN                          5* - 3                       4* - 8
LSU                                 5* - 0                       4* - 19

BAMA                              5* - 8                       4* - 12

FOUR YEAR RECRUITING CYCLE TOTALS

ARKANSAS                     5* - 1                        4* - 20

AUBURN                         5* - 7                        4* - 51

LSU                                5* - 8                        4* - 58

BAMA                             5* - 24                       4* - 56

Those numbers are the real reason Arkansas is getting outplayed by those schools.

If you can read there is no  misunderstanding the true reason Arkansas gets handily beat by these schools at times.

Auburn has almost triple the number of elite level recruits over the last four year recruiting cycle.
LSU has well over triple the number of elite level recruits over the last four year recruiting cycle.
Bama has quadruple the number of elite level recruits over the last four year recruiting cycle.

The teams manhandling the Hogs are doing so because they have 300% to 400% more elite level players than the Hogs do.  Unfortunately they also are getting the majority of those recruits from within their own states borders and within 200 miles of their campuses most times.

Arkansas has top tier strength and conditioning coaches and facilities. However, these other school also have top tier  strength and conditioning coaches with state of the art facilities.  Difficult to out develop players when the other schools have the same level of coaching and facilities that Arkansas does.

This is the challenge no coach at Arkansas has ever solved. It is because it isn't just a problem ... it is a cold hard fact of life concerning the population and demographics of where each respective university is located.

Beeech al you want at the coaches ... you can't get blood from a turnip.  When you are so heavily outgunned in the talent area it makes playing absolutely perfect on the part of the Hogs coupled with those teams inflicting damage to themselves via turnovers, key injuries, and penalties that kill their drives and/or extend ours a prerequisite to winning.

That doesn't happen very often. However, sometimes David slays Goliath. Enjoy it when it does.

Exactly.
That is what im trying to say but you actually took time to research it.
We do pretty good on average with the talent we have
Petrino was able to get better skill position players due to his reputation and flashy offense.  A new coach will face these same challenges.