Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Records set under Bielema and Jim Harris comments

Started by lutherheggs, October 23, 2016, 09:24:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lutherheggs

Longest conference losing streak in Arkansas football history and most yards rushing given up by an Arkansas defense in one game. At least the Bielema era will be remembered for some records.

If you watched the show on Channel 11 last night after the game, Jim Harris laid it out in plain language. He thinks Bielema cannot recruit (I agree), he thinks Smith should be removed as DC immediately if not outright fired, and he thinks the coaching staff is a bunch of idiots for telling us before the season that the D line is the best we have ever had. It is literally the worst D line we have ever had. And the O line is not far behind them. 25 yards rushing...Is this a bad dream?

Expectations are almost never met or exceeded at Arkansas. That is why the fanbase stays so frustrated. Every year, we are sort of managed by the program to believe that the record will be improved from the previous year and will always be 4-4 or better. It's rarely the outcome. 5-3 in SEC last season in a circuitous way and 9 starters back this year on defense. Expectations are for same or better this year. What happens? Hogs play inconsistently once again and after a decent win over Ole Miss, look like they would all rather be smoking weed at home than playing a football game at Auburn.

The Hogs' two good wins this year suddenly looking like nothing special. The team apparently has quit on the coaches. It will be interesting to see how the coaches react to this game over next 2 weeks.

Finally, after his overall and SEC record to date, I do not know how Bielema will survive longer than 1 more year at Arkansas, if that.

Dr. Starcs

Bosco

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 23, 2016, 10:29:37 am
And the media feeds us the same bull.

Not a fan of Jim Harris but sounds like he nailed it.

Redhogs

Quote from: lutherheggs on October 23, 2016, 09:24:47 am
Longest conference losing streak in Arkansas football history and most yards rushing given up by an Arkansas defense in one game. At least the Bielema era will be remembered for some records.

If you watched the show on Channel 11 last night after the game, Jim Harris laid it out in plain language. He thinks Bielema cannot recruit (I agree), he thinks Smith should be removed as DC immediately if not outright fired, and he thinks the coaching staff is a bunch of idiots for telling us before the season that the D line is the best we have ever had. It is literally the worst D line we have ever had. And the O line is not far behind them. 25 yards rushing...Is this a bad dream?

Expectations are almost never met or exceeded at Arkansas. That is why the fanbase stays so frustrated. Every year, we are sort of managed by the program to believe that the record will be improved from the previous year and will always be 4-4 or better. It's rarely the outcome. 5-3 in SEC last season in a circuitous way and 9 starters back this year on defense. Expectations are for same or better this year. What happens? Hogs play inconsistently once again and after a decent win over Ole Miss, look like they would all rather be smoking weed at home than playing a football game at Auburn.

The Hogs' two good wins this year suddenly looking like nothing special. The team apparently has quit on the coaches. It will be interesting to see how the coaches react to this game over next 2 weeks.

Finally, after his overall and SEC record to date, I do not know how Bielema will survive longer than 1 more year at Arkansas, if that.
Finally somebody in the BB loving media said it.......thank you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Tusks

The buyout is too high and CBB has no reason to throw in the towel.  If he's to stubborn to his philosophy that gave the fans what we got last night, there's no way he says 'I can't get it done'.  He won't leave the hogs until they carry him out in an brinks truck.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Soooie21

I have to agree, I have followed the Hogs since the mid 60's..and I have to say, I was shocked at what I saw....both line's were just manhanded every play, the grab and diving at their feet attempted tackling..no speed on def..I hope AA lives to see his next birthday....

SpeedyHog

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 10:43:38 am

The buyout is too high and CBB has no reason to throw in the towel.  If he's to stubborn to his philosophy that gave the fans what we got last night, there's no way he says 'I can't get it done'.  He won't leave the hogs until they carry him out in an brinks truck.
I'm not sure He resigns soon.
Call Me Trumpton.

Redhogs

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 10:43:38 am

Are you saying the genius AD has him locked up?  ;) ;)

Redhogs

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 23, 2016, 10:45:33 am
Only if coaching starts to seriously cut into his party/concert/ shopping time.

RazorBiker

If there are no changes, we are suckers for continuing to buy tickets. If I were Jeff Long, I would be very worried about paying for that new stadium expansion based on the product the coaching staff is delivering. The cash flow needs to be dried up before anything will happen.

HawgTide

I don't understand the lack of production from our D line. It wasn't just our coaches talking them up. Some of the national media had them ranked really high.

WorfHog

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 23, 2016, 10:45:33 am

Never he's too proud and if would take a special kind of idiot to give up those buyouts. It doesn't matter becasue CBB and Jeff Long are best buds so. Would you fire your best friend when it's not really your money that's paying him?

Danny J

Quote from: HawgTide on October 23, 2016, 10:54:08 am
I don't understand the lack of production from our D line. It wasn't just our coaches talking them up. Some of the national media had them ranked really high.
That's why I think Segrest is reassigned starting Monday.

Tusks

There is no way in hell he resigns soon.  No way, get that out of your head, I mean really get it out o your head.

I beginning to see things where the past is repeating itself.

I think you'll hear 'how do you like me now' played over the PA system after a win before you have CBB call it quits.

hobhog

Sed76

Every summer all we hear from the media is about how great things are going. Razorback Nation pumps out shows called Primed for a Championship or this year Why Not US. Then when it all goes south these guys come out saying it was obvious during the summer that there were issues. Like someone mentioned, we as fans wouldn't take it so hard if they would just be honest before the season.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2016, 11:03:41 am

There is no way in hell he resigns soon.  No way, get that out of your head, I mean really get it out o your head.

I beginning to see things where the past is repeating itself.

I think you'll hear 'how do you like me now' played over the PA system after a win before you have CBB call it quits.

I don't see him resigning outright but I do see a possibility where he bolts for another job in an easier conference if one comes up (i.e. Iowa or something). He can't and won't get it done in the SEC and the longer this goes on the more I think he and others realize it.

He may jump ship to try and save his career if the right opportunity presents itself.

Just my opinion though obviously.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

OutlawHawg

Haha even the media who worship at Bret's feet are seeing the light. Wish there had been some accountability his first three years here. Guess it takes being a C-USA team in year four for the light to come on.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on October 23, 2016, 11:12:25 am
I don't see him resigning outright but I do see a possibility where he bolts for another job in an easier conference if one comes up (i.e. Iowa or something). He can't and won't get it done in the SEC and the longer this goes on the more I think he and others realize it.

He may jump ship to try and save his career if the right opportunity presents itself.

Just my opinion though obviously.

That's possible I guess but based off of his performance at Arkansas, why would anyone want to hire him?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

farmhawg

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 23, 2016, 11:19:48 am

That's possible I guess but based off of his performance at Arkansas, why would anyone want to hire him?
He writes a nice letter.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 23, 2016, 11:19:48 am

Good point.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

IntegrityHog

CBB ain't going anywhere.  Jeff is a man of his word, and will honor the 6-year promise.  Even if we wanted to fire CBB, we couldn't afford the buyout, and even if CBB wanted to leave, he couldn't afford his buyout, which is still very large as far as coach buyouts go.

Long story short, CBB will be in the sidelines for a minimum of 2 more seasons after this one, so you might as well enjoy it.

ChitownHawg

How do you come to that conclusion? They fought until the end last week.

They were not prepared is more like it. They were out coached is more like it. The team quitting on the coaches isn't.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

rickfahr

You got that right. The homers in our sports media never get or tell us the negatives because they don't want to lose "access."

RebelliousHog

Especially after both got beat-downs from WVU and LSU.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

EastArkHog 47

Jim Harris didn't cut any corners last night for sure, it was sort of funny when he said something about flipping three star players from kansas, smu or fiu and thinking you're doing something, Jim nailed it last night.

King Kong

Jim Harris doesn't even know who is on the team and who isn't

jm

I wouldn't lay the longest losing streak on the current staff in their first year, just my opinion. I think everyone understood that we had some real issues that year.
Last night, on the other hand, was a horrible effort by all that cannot be overlooked or explained away.

Sow Lancelot

And some of us keep lapping it up like mama's milk.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Atlhogfan1

The losing streak means nothing to me.  I understand the situation he stepped into that season. 

I disagree on the recruiting part.  He is recruiting to Arkansas.  And he isn't any worse than the last 2 head coaches.  What he is doing is recruiting a certain way in terms of the kids he is offering.  Problem for him is it is a long term plan and our fan base won't want to see it through whether it will work or not.  And last night killed what patience and time he might have been given.  It is a long term plan to get kids who will stay eligible and off the police report so they can be developed and put on the field 3-4 years into the program since Ark isn't going to get 4 and 5 stars ready to play immediately.  No Minka Fitzpatricks are coming to Arkansas.

Hogs played awful after a 7 games in 7 weeks stretch.

You have no idea if the team quit.  That won't be evident or not till after these next two.  Insulting and ** accusation. 

I agree immediate changes should be made to the defensive staff.

His overall and SEC record to date shouldn't come into play.  His record perhaps last season, this one and what it is believed to be going forward should be in consideration.  Those who never wanted him or quickly turned on him will focus on the 2013 and 2014 seasons.  Easy and lazy and not much depth to those thoughts.  What has to be determined is if he can get our program to reach its potential.  7-8 wins a season is Arkansas football in the SEC on average.  Can he get good teams to 10-11 wins every so often and an opportunity for more if the breaks go our way? 

I agree after last night BB's seat is now warm.  Need to win at min two of the last 4 or it will be on fire next season.  It is a little earlier than I expected for a change to be possible.  I thought Bret would realize the mistake he made in taking this job and would find one where he could actually compete for championships.  He won't be given the time to do so at Arkansas with the plan he has. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LZH

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tusks

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 23, 2016, 11:39:34 am
CBB ain't going anywhere.  Jeff is a man of his word, and will honor the 6-year promise.  Even if we wanted to fire CBB, we couldn't afford the buyout, and even if CBB wanted to leave, he couldn't afford his buyout, which is still very large as far as coach buyouts go.

Long story short, CBB will be in the sidelines for a minimum of 2 more seasons after this one, so you might as well enjoy it.

You mean drink a lot and just ride it out. Losing by 53 has no enjoyment to it.

King Kong

Quote from: jm on October 23, 2016, 11:52:26 am
I wouldn't lay the longest losing streak on the current staff in their first year, just my opinion. I think everyone understood that we had some real issues that year.
Last night, on the other hand, was a horrible effort by all that cannot be overlooked or explained away.

I agree. l also think that last night can be over come by winning 2 or 3 of the next 4 along with a bowl win

Little Lady Back

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 23, 2016, 11:39:34 am

Once again, Integrity saves the day!! Woohoo
#NolanRichardsonCourt

SpeedyHog

Call Me Trumpton.

King Kong

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 23, 2016, 12:03:00 pm
Stop what? I was just giving My opion.

Your opinion changes from week to week. After we beat FL you will be back on. Then when we lose to LSU the next week you will be back off

farmhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 11:56:14 am
You repeated this last night..... poster.....
i know some of you are slow so it takes repeating things.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: farmhawg on October 23, 2016, 12:09:28 pm
i know some of you are slow so it takes repeating things.....

We all know The Letter....  You can find something new for a one liner....

WorfHog

October 23, 2016, 12:29:56 pm #42 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:49:38 pm by WorfHog
Jeff Long will make the rounds on the radio this week to sooth the fans, he'll tell us how far ahead we actually are and how his best bud CBB is the right guy for the job.  :puke:

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WorfHog on October 23, 2016, 12:29:56 pm
Jeff Long will make the rounds on the radio this week to sooth the fans, he'll tell use how far ahead we actually are and how his best bud CBB is the right guy for the job.  :puke:

An AD should publicly support the coach till the moment he his fired. So no darn Jeff will support him. 

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2016, 11:53:49 am

The losing streak means nothing to me.  I understand the situation he stepped into that season. 

I disagree on the recruiting part.  He is recruiting to Arkansas.  And he isn't any worse than the last 2 head coaches.  What he is doing is recruiting a certain way in terms of the kids he is offering.  Problem for him is it is a long term plan and our fan base won't want to see it through whether it will work or not.  And last night killed what patience and time he might have been given.  It is a long term plan to get kids who will stay eligible and off the police report so they can be developed and put on the field 3-4 years into the program since Ark isn't going to get 4 and 5 stars ready to play immediately.  No Minka Fitzpatricks are coming to Arkansas.

Hogs played awful after a 7 games in 7 weeks stretch.

You have no idea if the team quit.  That won't be evident or not till after these next two.  Insulting and ** accusation. 

I agree immediate changes should be made to the defensive staff.

His overall and SEC record to date shouldn't come into play.  His record perhaps last season, this one and what it is believed to be going forward should be in consideration.  Those who never wanted him or quickly turned on him will focus on the 2013 and 2014 seasons.  Easy and lazy and not much depth to those thoughts.  What has to be determined is if he can get our program to reach its potential.  7-8 wins a season is Arkansas football in the SEC on average.  Can he get good teams to 10-11 wins every so often and an opportunity for more if the breaks go our way? 

I agree after last night BB's seat is now warm.  Need to win at min two of the last 4 or it will be on fire next season.  It is a little earlier than I expected for a change to be possible.  I thought Bret would realize the mistake he made in taking this job and would find one where he could actually compete for championships.  He won't be given the time to do so at Arkansas with the plan he has.
I agree, but Long has shown in the past that he will honor a commitment to a coach (Pelphrey) no matter how loud the fans cry for change.  That is why you need someone capable of handling fan pressure directing athletics.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on October 23, 2016, 01:08:42 pm
I agree, but Long has shown in the past that he will honor a commitment to a coach (Pelphrey) no matter how loud the fans cry for change.  That is why you need someone capable of handling fan pressure directing athletics.

Hell no.  You mean firing when fans want to?

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Chitlins

Quote from: Redhogs on October 23, 2016, 10:38:12 am
Finally somebody in the BB loving media said it.......thank you.
but but but but...Hogville told me CBB could recruit...way better than ol CBP... i know i read a few million threads on that.....

lutherheggs

Regardless of everything said thus far in this thread, there is no excuse for last night's performance. None. It was sad, embarrassing, and a total beat down. Never competitive in the last. In other words, in a single game, it was so bad that it should be the reason for firings and reassignments that should occur this week.

DeltaBoy

I Hope the BOT Called Jeff and Bret and told them both your better get your act together or someone going to get gone.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.