Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J'Marick Woods

Started by Richard Davenport, December 01, 2016, 03:22:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

will be on Recruiting Thursday at 730 tonight. He'll decide from Arkansas, Michigan or Mississippi St at 8:45 am Friday.

Others include 2018 CB Ken Montgomery if Tampa at 7, El Dorado and Arkansas signee Daniel Gafford and Coach Gary Simmons at 715 and OL commit Dalton Wagner at 745.

You can listen online at www.foxsportsarkansas.com

Or 92.1 FM in Fayetteville; 93.7 FM in Little Rock; 95.3 FM in Fort Smith; 96.3 FM in Hot Springs; 104.3 FM in Harrison/Mountain Home; and 106.9 FM in Arkadelphia.

ADavisTheGOAT

It would be a punch in the gut if he picks State tomorrow
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hawginbigd1

December 01, 2016, 04:51:55 pm #2 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:07:29 pm by hawginbigd1
Quote from: Hogfan991 on December 01, 2016, 03:34:43 pm
It would be a punch in the gut if he picks State tomorrow
Has to be at least a decent bit of optimism if he is coming on the show the day before he commits. RD also said he gives the narrowest of edges over Meeshigan.

Hollywood870

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 01, 2016, 04:51:55 pm
Has to be at least a decent bit of optimism if he is coming on the show the day before he commits. RD also said he gives the narrowest of edges over Meeshigan.
Gives us the narrow edge?

ricepig

King Kong

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 01, 2016, 04:51:55 pm

Meh, the Brown kid from Ok came on RD's show and then committed to OU the next day

onebadrubi

Quote from: King Kong on December 01, 2016, 06:17:41 pm
Meh, the Brown kid from Ok came on RD's show and then committed to OU the next day

I feel the same happens tomorrow but hope not

Potosihog

From his tweets he is either using us for the set up (like devin white) or he is picking the Hogs.  It sure would be good news to hear the later.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Potosihog on December 01, 2016, 07:35:06 pm
From his tweets he is either using us for the set up (like devin white) or he is picking the Hogs.  It sure would be good news to hear the later.

We are always the set up

rljjr

Heard RD's interview. He didn't sound engaged and while he said he's made his mind up, but that he still wants to talk to his parents and sleep on it. It sounded like he's going to UM.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: rljjr on December 01, 2016, 07:52:48 pm
Heard RD's interview. He didn't sound engaged and while he said he's made his mind up, but that he still wants to talk to his parents and sleep on it. It sounded like he's going to UM.

I didn't get that. I've talked to him several times on the phone and had him on the show I think three times and he sounded like he always does.

colbs

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 01, 2016, 08:52:44 pm
I didn't get that. I've talked to him several times on the phone and had him on the show I think three times and he sounded like he always does.
Any feeling either way, RD?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: rljjr on December 01, 2016, 07:52:48 pm

Kids now days are never engaged. Like talking to a stop sign with some.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Scott7703

If he is committed to Michigan and is sticking with what's the point of having another announcement? It will be Arkansas or Michigan and as much as I can't stand harbaugh him having the last in home scares me.

ADavisTheGOAT

Mods delete if not allowed but Woods is not going to Mississippi State. So its either us or Michigan.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jjdlc

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 01, 2016, 10:12:28 pm
If he is committed to Michigan and is sticking with what's the point of having another announcement? It will be Arkansas or Michigan and as much as I can't stand harbaugh him having the last in home scares me.

It has become very common now, kids want as much spotlight as possible.  Michigan does worry me, but if early playing time is a major factor, it's an easy decision.

jackflash

Just glad, we will know early if not us we can look some where else

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hogfan991 on December 01, 2016, 10:12:39 pm
Mods delete if not allowed but Woods is not going to Mississippi State. So its either us or Michigan.
Why would they need to delete your opinion?  Unless you have some prof to back it up, which you didn't post.

Scott7703

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 02, 2016, 06:40:09 am
Why would they need to delete your opinion?  Unless you have some prof to back it up, which you didn't post.

He isn't supposed to link info from pay boards right?

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 02, 2016, 07:10:14 am

He isn't supposed to link info from pay boards right?

He had no link, and it may or may not have come from a pay board, correct?

reghog

rljjr

Nice. They've had the video feed up since 0830 with nothing but Harvey the Rabbit on screen and now ... NOW they can't get the audio to work. Ops check your equipment! Sweet mercy.

Nosboar Accubond

rljjr

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on December 02, 2016, 08:50:44 am
No sound

Hope he pulls out a hat or throws the A b/c we can't hear! Ha. Poor guy. It's his moment and somebody is dorking it up for him.

reghog

The only time I have wished for a kid to use a hat...terrible feed!

Dillon23

The_Iceman

Nosboar Accubond

RazorPiggie

rljjr

Good luck to you, J. Enjoy Michigan and your education.

The_Iceman

Michigan is the hot team right now. Hard to compete with that.

RazorPiggie

Just confused why he had an announcement when he was already committed to Michigan? Makes no sense. 

TDHawgs

Oh well.. another loss..

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 02, 2016, 08:59:33 am
Just confused why he had an announcement when he was already committed to Michigan? Makes no sense.

Used for the set up. Again.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 02, 2016, 08:59:33 am

Attention, it's all about attention and spotlight. The thing with Harbaugh though is until it's signed he might just yank that scholarship offer

Amityvillehogger

Lol. Press conference to commit to the already committed.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 02, 2016, 09:02:37 am
Attention, it's all about attention and spotlight. The thing with Harbaugh though is until it's signed he might just yank that scholarship offer
He fits harbaugh perfectly smh
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 02, 2016, 09:05:54 am

I think it would be interesting for some to try and draw a correlation with the recruits who demand attention and how they end up working out. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 02, 2016, 09:05:54 am

Please clarify. I mean, isn't this a compliment?  The guy is a winner and one of the 5 best coaches in cfb.  We could use a roster full of kids that "fit Harbaugh perfectly".  Would probably mean we weren't looking at a second straight 7-5 season. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 02, 2016, 09:07:23 am
I think it would be interesting for some to try and draw a correlation with the recruits who demand attention and how they end up working out. 

While I'm not saying I like it, it's increasingly common for these guys to do things like this for their commitment (or in this case, affirmation). The best players do it and the not-so-great ones do it.  I would be willing to bet there isn't much or a correlation due to sheer number of guys who do it now.  I'll say this, I doubt we would be complaining about it if some of these "stunts" actually went our way.....

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 02, 2016, 09:02:37 am

Well he's signed his FAA with them, Jimmy would lose the scholarship if he didn't show up.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: TDHawgs on December 02, 2016, 09:00:05 am
Oh well.. another loss..
How can you loose a kid that was already committed to someone else.  He was committed to them prior to his official visit here, so it was a long shot. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on December 02, 2016, 10:07:43 am
How can you loose a kid that was already committed to someone else.  He was committed to them prior to his official visit here, so it was a long shot.

We are terrible. We lose all but 25 guys every recruiting season!!!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 02, 2016, 10:10:32 am
We are terrible. We lose all but 25 guys every recruiting season!!!

Now if we could just start losing the right ones on a more consistent basis...

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 02, 2016, 11:18:01 am
Now if we could just start losing the right ones on a more consistent basis...

We lose plenty every year, it's college football. I don't begin to think I could manage a D-I roster, and I know no one on here can, lol.

Redhogs

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 02, 2016, 09:00:06 am
Used for the set up. Again.
Surprised? It's the CBB way. Whiffed on every single signing day decision last signing day, pitiful.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ricepig

Quote from: Redhogs on December 02, 2016, 11:21:42 am
Surprised? It's the CBB way. Whiffed on every single signing day decision last signing day, pitiful.

Uh, I think you mean it's the Arkansas way.

Redhogs

Quote from: Surfing8 on December 02, 2016, 10:37:54 am
Did anyone REALLY expect Bielema to win this recruiting battle? 

It's depressing.
No. He must have missed "Being BB"....that would certainly changed his mind.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Redhogs on December 02, 2016, 11:25:53 am
No. He must have missed "Being BB"....that would certainly changed his mind.

More likely he saw UM competing to be in the playoff.