Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Underclassman

Started by yraciv, November 29, 2016, 09:40:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

I know it's early, but who are some of the HS SO and JR in state that you ultimately think will get offers?  How big of a national recruit do you anticipate them being?  Our good teams are often driven by the stud in state guys that chose to stay home and play for the Hogs, so hopefully there are some Joe Adams, Darren McFaddens, and Hunter Henry's in the upcoming class.

I'm obviously aware of Connor Noland, Treylon Burks, and Nathan Page. Just hoping there are a couple more out there that people anticipate to blow up and national pundits haven't got to yet.

RazorPiggie

LA Football fan

I think Marcus Miller of Warren will have a chance.  Already has the size and foot speed as a sophomore d lineman.  If you are in the Prairie Grove area Friday night you can come out and watch him play.  Started on defense as a freshman last year.  Disrupts an offense regularly with his penetration and speed from the position, and that is playing on a knee that is still not 100%. 

RAZORHOGG15

I think there are a couple of kids at Har-Ber high school that play on that defense that could get offers.  There is a middle linebacker named Oliver who they are looking at, and a nose guard named Ramirez that they like also.  Copher their QB ran a 4.4 at camp and is projected to play safety in college also.  I know UA was there a few weeks ago to speak to two of them.
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

Richard Davenport

Quote from: yraciv on November 29, 2016, 09:40:01 pm
I know it's early, but who are some of the HS SO and JR in state that you ultimately think will get offers?  How big of a national recruit do you anticipate them being?  Our good teams are often driven by the stud in state guys that chose to stay home and play for the Hogs, so hopefully there are some Joe Adams, Darren McFaddens, and Hunter Henry's in the upcoming class.

I'm obviously aware of Connor Noland, Treylon Burks, and Nathan Page. Just hoping there are a couple more out there that people anticipate to blow up and national pundits haven't got to yet.

As of now, the 2018 class is pretty limited on talent. There's kids they will continue to evaluate.

LA Football fan

I think 2019 could be a banner year though.  Hopefully we can get some difference makers from out of state for 2018 and then take advantage of the 2019 class.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 30, 2016, 12:27:37 pm
As of now, the 2018 class is pretty limited on talent. There's kids they will continue to evaluate.

Thats not promising.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 30, 2016, 12:27:37 pm
Considering how small the normal haul is from Arkansas this sure doesn't sound good

yraciv

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 30, 2016, 08:07:53 pm
Considering how small the normal haul is from Arkansas this sure doesn't sound good

As long as we sweep however few SEC caliber athletes there are thats ok. It sucks, not having the built in advantage of home grown guys, but I much prefer it then our prior coaches constantly reaching on in state 2 star projects.

LJHOG

Quote from: yraciv on December 02, 2016, 10:08:38 am
I much prefer it then our prior coaches constantly reaching on in state 2 star projects.
And yet producing the same results.

fullfan

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 29, 2016, 10:06:33 pm
We need some LBs or CBs.

2019:  LB out of FSS (Davenport) and a CB/S/RB out of FSN (Wise).  FSN could also have a D-1 OL depending on effort.  Not sure of the name but has the measureables.