Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Stud that nobody has ever heard of- Eli Jackson

Started by draftkings33, October 12, 2016, 09:15:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

draftkings33

We really need to find this kid and get him on campus.  Won state last year in shot put 59 feet.  Won bench press 420.  Won power clean 375.  The kid is a total freak and I can't believe nobody recruited him.
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3329527/5721e77edfe23b2d68cb9c27

The Hawg Marshal

I do like his intensity. But I think there must be a reason he didn't get recruited. Lack of speed maybe?

draftkings33

Well he runs a 4.75 at 245 pds.  He is faster and stronger than Ellis.  I was told by a coach at Lake Hamilton he is the best player to ever play there. 

draftkings33

Remember just because a player doesnt get recruited doesnt mean he isnt great.  Look at JJ Watt, Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Brandon Burlsworth, etc...

nwahogfan1

Definitely looks great in this video.  Did he go to camps?  What are his measurables?   He runs over guys at his level but not so sure in College.  But loves contact and that seems like the perfect FB.  Love his breaking on the ball at MLB but curious if he can cover in pass defenses?  With all the spreads we play I like 220 lb Linebackers who run sub 4.6 in the 40 plus can cover and make tackles in space.

Does Lunney know about this guy?

ricepig

Lots of great high school players, that doesn't always translate to good college/pro players. I saw him a couple of times, good football player.

311Hog

Quote from: draftkings33 on October 12, 2016, 09:35:03 am
Well he runs a 4.75 at 245 pds.  He is faster and stronger than Ellis.  I was told by a coach at Lake Hamilton he is the best player to ever play there. 

Some mid 90's state championship players that went on to be Hogs would like to have a word with this coach about best player ever.....  Matt Wait, Billy Rhoden, Garrett just to name a few.

draftkings33

He did not go to any camps and was a late bloomer.  Don't think Lunney knows of him.  The stats dont lie just look what he did at the Meet of Champs and State Weight Meet.  Just ask Agim how big of a freak this kid is. 

ifghog

He looks good. Its also at the 6a level so its decent talent. Maybe a preferred walk on.

draftkings33

Thanks for those who actually took the time to watch the film and just didnt assume hey he can't be anygood nobody offered the kid.  I do think he had several D2 offers and Arky St. 

ricepig

onebadrubi

draftkings33

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 12, 2016, 12:11:56 pm
what is your relation?
If you are talking about me I have no relation.  I saw the kid play once and I knew he was better than any LB the Hogs have or FB.  I don't even know where the kid ended up going. 

ricepig

Quote from: draftkings33 on October 12, 2016, 12:24:07 pm
If you are talking about me I have no relation.  I saw the kid play once and I knew he was better than any LB the Hogs have or FB.  I don't even know where the kid ended up going. 

Well, everyone has their opinion, obviously lots of people don't share yours. My last statement on it, is that a good high school player will really shine in a high school environment, lots of difference when everyone is a SEC athlete. I guess it's one of those, "we'll never know" type deals.

311Hog

Not sure why but the highlight tape has a very "Bobby Booshay" feel to it.

factchecker

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2016, 10:23:22 am
Some mid 90's state championship players that went on to be Hogs would like to have a word with this coach about best player ever.....  Matt Wait, Billy Rhoden, Garrett just to name a few.

James Johnson was a big ol' boy from Lake Hamilton who played for the Hogs.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ARtillahog

Too short (5'10)...  That's probably a big reason he didn't looked at, not saying he can't play.  A quick google search found a facebook profile that appears to be his, but no college information has been added with most recent data dated as of 21 May.  He may have chose to not attend college, couldn't, or just hasn't updated his profile.

WriterWrong

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 12, 2016, 12:11:56 pm
what is your relation?

This was my first thought. Awfully passionate about his greatness for not knowing the kid. But, perhaps he just stumbled upon some film and was really, really impressed. Could happen.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 12, 2016, 09:32:23 am
I do like his intensity. But I think there must be a reason he didn't get recruited. Lack of speed maybe?

Forward progress is stuffed when he makes the tackle and usually, the runner goes backwards in a hurry.
Hogs up! Covid down!

rangertaunton

Quote from: 311Hog on October 12, 2016, 10:23:22 am
Vince Perrin was a freaking beast at RB!!!
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

elviscat

This guy plays with such heart and is determination , he is one we really need to go after.

Arthur pigby sellers.

It's very rare for a sub 6 foot LB to play at a SEC school.  They generally want the players between 6 to 6 foot 3 inches. By the looks of his highlight he might not even be 5 foot 10.  Look at Josh Harris from PB who is a current walk on for the hogs.  His highlight film is more impressive than this kids, but he was too short for a scholarship.  I really hoped he would get some PT for the hogs, but unfortunately he probably won't.

ricepig

Quote from: elviscat on October 17, 2016, 06:13:27 pm
This guy plays with such heart and is determination , he is one we really need to go after.

He graduated last year and is who knows where.....

sigpooie

I like that kid and he reminds me of Tony bua who was the same size.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Flatline

Kid would have made a helluva fullback.  The height and speed hurt him. Great high school player does not allows equal a great or even good college player. Wonder if he is playing somewhere.

TechHog

Quote from: rangertaunton on October 17, 2016, 05:46:03 pm
Vince Perrin was a freaking beast at RB!!!

I played with all those guys.  I'll assure you he's not the best player to come out of LH.  He did break Rhoden's Shot record though.

The_Boot_stops_here

more worried about getting some of the studs that everyone has heard of

lamont7906

After looking at the tape I believe one of the reason they may not have offered is technique. The tape looks like he just over powering the other teams, looking forward to the next level you just can not overpower players you'll be going against players with the same if not greater power and as a linebacker you talking about going against and shedding off blocks of D-line who out weight you by 40 to 50 pounds and just as strong or stronger. That's why I believe they may not have offered. The issue of him not using technique but just trying to over power people, his lack of speed and did not see his ability to move lateral he looks like he prone to moving north and south. In the SEC no lateral ability is a serious liability on the defense. He may project to be a fullback where north and south more suited to his ability with his strength.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

draftkings33

Quote from: sigpooie on October 17, 2016, 09:17:30 pm
I like that kid and he reminds me of Tony bua who was the same size.
Not quite.  This kid is 5-10 245-255

Thekidnoonehasheardof

Wow I had to make an account just to see this for myself! I'm Eli Jackson. I didn't get a lot of offers due to my stature. I was told by a coach the reason I was not offered a scholarship to a particular school was because the defensive coordinator said I was "Short and white." Two things I can't really help. After a lot of thinking I came to the conclusion that maybe I need to do something that was bigger than the life I live now. I'm currently getting my EMT license and plan on serving in the Air Force this coming year. LH has produced many amazing athletes and I am no where near the top where guys like Billy Rhoden, Todd Aitken, Grant Garrett, Chris Eastburn and Dre Bennett belong. Thank you for all the compliments, God has blessed me greatly. Go wolves and WPS!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Thekidnoonehasheardof on December 11, 2016, 05:36:09 pm
Wow I had to make an account just to see this for myself! I'm Eli Jackson. I didn't get a lot of offers due to my stature. I was told by a coach the reason I was not offered a scholarship to a particular school was because the defensive coordinator said I was "Short and white." Two things I can't really help. After a lot of thinking I came to the conclusion that maybe I need to do something that was bigger than the life I live now. I'm currently getting my EMT license and plan on serving in the Air Force this coming year. LH has produced many amazing athletes and I am no where near the top where guys like Billy Rhoden, Todd Aitken, Grant Garrett, Chris Eastburn and Dre Bennett belong. Thank you for all the compliments, God has blessed me greatly. Go wolves and WPS!
serve us well, Lad!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

tophawg19

what your doing may well be greater than any service on a football field . God bless and protect you as you serve our nation. thank you
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Arkamedes

He looked pretty impressive to me. Personally, I think the reason he wasn't recruited heavily was due to having no music in his highlight video. The right music would have had him running through the "A" in no time!

Thank you, in advance, for your service. Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

HogFoo

Kid looks good to me and I hope he finds happiness wherever he goes.  Armed services,, EMT, whichever.  Although,  I bet he could have walked on and been one helluva FB for the hogs!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

greenie

How cool is that?!!
Eli, you sound like a young man with his head on straight, and a real credit to your parents, your high school, and our state.  Good luck in your endeavors, and thanks for considering service to our country.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on October 17, 2016, 08:05:29 pm
It's very rare for a sub 6 foot LB to play at a SEC school.  They generally want the players between 6 to 6 foot 3 inches. By the looks of his highlight he might not even be 5 foot 10.  Look at Josh Harris from PB who is a current walk on for the hogs.  His highlight film is more impressive than this kids, but he was too short for a scholarship.  I really hoped he would get some PT for the hogs, but unfortunately he probably won't.

Understood.  But if the guy really has the other measurables, the fire, and a motor, surely there is a place for him on the field. I'm not saying he specifically does or doesn't. I am talking in generalities.

EFBAB

elviscat

He could easily start for Arkansas, great quickness and speed this is what is really needed for our linebackers. We are slow and not very physical.

3kgthog

Quote from: elviscat on December 12, 2016, 09:49:16 am
He could easily start for Arkansas, great quickness and speed this is what is really needed for our linebackers. We are slow and not very physical.

Pump the brakes. Easily start? Our defense is bad, but to say he'd easily start over what are still seasoned SEC players is nuts.