Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have you seen the new Bama media guide cover?

Started by taintlint, July 20, 2010, 07:29:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

taintlint

Did I mention that Dareus was just kicked off the team?

;D

Turminator

I like it, wish they would kick 10 more off the team

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Landonhog

Couldn't happen to a better group of folks...

EternalSunshine

Saw they were "investigating," where did you see that he was kicked off the team?

taintlint

Quote from: EternalSunshine on July 20, 2010, 08:52:02 pm
Saw they were "investigating," where did you see that he was kicked off the team?

It's pretty much everywhere now.

He's gone.

EternalSunshine

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I just did a google and yahoo news search and sorted by date and couldn't find anything about him being kicked off the team. Just that he was being investigated. You got a link, I wouldn't mind at all if he was no longer with the Tide.

mmhogs17

Quote from: EternalSunshine on July 20, 2010, 09:11:30 pm
Maybe I'm just missing it, but I just did a google and yahoo news search and sorted by date and couldn't find anything about him being kicked off the team. Just that he was being investigated. You got a link, I wouldn't mind at all if he was no longer with the Tide.

People in Alabama are reporting it... Even if he isn't kicked off the team he will most likely be suspended pretty much all season,

Cobi Hamilton Fan

He has not been kicked off the team....YET. You jumped the gun on this one.

mmhogs17

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on July 20, 2010, 09:15:51 pm

He is going to miss alot of games IF he isn't kicked off the team..

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: mmhogs17 on July 20, 2010, 09:19:08 pm
He is going to miss alot of games IF he isn't kicked off the team..
Agreed. Hes pretty much effed either way but at this time he IS still on the team.

taintlint

Ok.

'On' the team but has worn the uniform for the last time.

Blue35

GuvHog

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on July 20, 2010, 09:15:51 pm

Be serious. According to reports, he's publicly admitted he took money from an agent so if Bama doesn't remove him from the team, the NCAA will declare him ineligible.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Zen_Hog

LibraryHog

Keyser Sooieze

that's just one of the media guide covers, they have 5 or 6.  I would be jealous about the one with Ingram on it.  (at least the crystal football part)  I don't think this exactly spells doom for Alabama.  They have plenty of playmakers ready to take Dareus's spot, if that is indeed what is happening.  Regardless of whether he is booted or just suspended for a number of games, I doubt we have to face him, since we play so early in the season. 
http://www.tidesports.com/article/20100720/NEWS/100729995/1011?Title=UA-releases-media-guide-covers

56Hog

Quote from: taintlint on July 20, 2010, 07:29:14 pm

Did I mention that Dareus was just kicked off the team?

;D

Hope Saban remembered to get the crystal football back from Dareus before he got out the door.  Speaking of which, I thought the Zen Master had decided they wouldn't be "defending" their NC this year.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Roadrunner

Quote from: mmhogs17 on July 20, 2010, 09:12:59 pm
People in Alabama are reporting it... Even if he isn't kicked off the team he will most likely be suspended pretty much all season,

Also reporting he was not the only one from alabama.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Hawg Balling

July 21, 2010, 10:14:15 am #20 Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:15:47 am by Hawg Balling
This is a huge blow to Alabama's defense, especially with regard to their front seven.  Dareus was going to be the anchor of that 3-4 line at end, and he wasn't even labelled as a 'returning starter' despite being a huge part of their defense last year and being named Defensive MVP of the BCSCG.  He was utterly unblockable against Texas and in the spring game. 

Not being reactionary, but if there was one player from their team that I'd like to see removed from the equation, it'd be him.  They can replace McElroy, Ingram or Richardson individually, and any of the litany of defenders plugging holes.  This is huge.