Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt inexplicably gloating about Ole Miss' NCAA Problems

Started by WizardofhOgZ, May 28, 2016, 01:52:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

CFB_Fanatic

Idiot.

But I say that, knowing full well that every night HDN puts his head on his pillow having more money in his pocket change dish than I could ever make in 100 lifetimes. Makes me look in the mirror and wonder what to call myself, if he's the idiot.  ???

ImHogginIt

Seems like yesterday their fans were thanking us for letting him leave Fayetteville for Oxford  ;D

GuvHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 28, 2016, 02:23:58 pm
Seems like yesterday their fans were thanking us for letting him leave Fayetteville for Oxford  ;D

I remember it well. The Memphis sports stations were having a hey day laughing at and bad mouthing the Hogs back then....not so much any more.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

longpig

In Hootie Dale and Bucky's defense, I have no doubt that they were both simply working within the Ole Miss system.  There was  an unwritten agreement between both of them and the University to play dumb in regards to cheating.  Ole Miss knows top talent isn't coming to Oxford because Ed Orgeron couldn't land it 'legitimately'.
Don't be scared, be smart.

WilsonHog

The man still talks about his coaching career in the present tense. Says he has 10 more good years.

The man is delusional.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: longpig on May 28, 2016, 03:43:54 pm
In Hootie Dale and Bucky's defense, I have no doubt that they were both simply working within the Ole Miss system.  There was  an unwritten agreement between both of them and the University to play dumb in regards to cheating.  Ole Miss knows top talent isn't coming to Oxford because Ed Orgeron couldn't land it 'legitimately'.
except Hooten definitely did it here. i personally know a couple of my buddies on the team during the early otts were 'gettin theirs' and mobbin in some pimp ass rides.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 28, 2016, 04:08:26 pm
The man still talks about his coaching career in the present tense. Says he has 10 more good years.

The man is delusional.
Insane, isn't it?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

can't say i disagree with hootie on this one
"The general theme is that Nutt—who worked alongside Feldman as a CBS Sports analyst, mind you—was unfairly scapegoated as the primary culprit of the investigation and feels exonerated by the revelation that nine of the 13 football allegations pertain to Hugh Freeze and the current staff."\

hootie>bucky beaver imo

Pig in the Pokey

Um, maybe that whole unemployment thing might have something to do with you running the Ole Miss program into the f**king ground by going 6-18 over your last two seasons.

But hey, you have a few less NCAA violations than Hugh Freeze, so you have that going for you.

hahahahahhaahahahahaha

TUSKtimes

The man is delusional.

Phil Fulmer use to talk like that.

nchogg

When Nutt bolted for Ole Miss the way he did I lost all respect for him. At the time he left I did not like the way he and Frank ran the program. Nutt was never his own man. The more I learned about him the less respect I have for him. I would love to see him go toe to toe in a discussion with Coach B. That would be fun to read and or hear.

Vantage 8 dude

Perhaps part of the reason Houston is still unemployed can also be explained by how he left the Arkansas program. There was internal strife, both inside and outside the athletic department itself, and certainly amongst much of the fan base. Perhaps too it also has something to do with the alleged improprieties that Hooter was displaying with someone like Donna Bragg, the obvious split within the football team itself-the infamous "haves" vs. the "have nots", the fact that he was not even able to win a SEC Championship with a back field that was amongst the best in the SEC (if not the nation) over the past 25 years or more, etc. etc. I believe that most programs when seriously looking at a candidate for their next HC position take into account many things over and above just merely wins and losses. They look at how that person is going to conduct himself and bring/keep the fan base united, not sniping at one another.

One other thing I find interesting. I don't know Chris Vaughan from Adam. However, after his issues at both OM and UT for the Hooter to still apparently consider him a pretty good guy you have to ask yourself: What does this guy have to do for you to consider him a modern version of Typhoid Mary ???

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Tusks

hootie is like, i don't know.... a monkey with a whistle ....  TM
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogcard1964

The man is delusional.

+1000

Bigger embarrassment... Nutt or Smiley?

GuvHog

Quote from: tusked on May 28, 2016, 05:33:11 pm
hootie is like, i don't know.... a monkey with a whistle ....  TM

Don't say that in front of the Monkeys at the Zoo cause you'll offend them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ImHogginIt

Nutt recently bought a home not far from me in Fairview TX. Wonder if I'll see him at Wal Marks or an Allen HS game ?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: nchogg on May 28, 2016, 04:41:31 pm
When Nutt bolted for Ole Miss the way he did I lost all respect for him. At the time he left I did not like the way he and Frank ran the program. Nutt was never his own man. The more I learned about him the less respect I have for him. I would love to see him go toe to toe in a discussion with Coach B. That would be fun to read and or hear.
Can't blame him for that, he was FIRED. TCTWF

PonderinHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 28, 2016, 06:03:41 pm
Nutt recently bought a home not far from me in Fairview TX. Wonder if I'll see him at Wal Marks or an Allen HS game ?
Well, there went the neighborhood.

opineonswine

He is a goof ball, but in this case I don't blame him.  They were using him as a scapecoat and turns out Freeze was the villian.

lahawg1

Quote from: GuvHog on May 28, 2016, 03:15:20 pm
I remember it well. The Memphis sports stations were having a hey day laughing at and bad mouthing the Hogs back then....not so much any more.

I went to the Ole Piss game in Oxfart the last time Petrino was there, 2011 I think. We won and on the way out of town I had to stop and fill up with fuel. When I walked out of the store there was a guy wearing OM garb looking in the back seat of my truck and I sorta got a little huffy asking him just what did he think he was doing. I will never forget his reply "you have enough room in that truck, just wait here and I'll go back and get Nutt, load him in there and you can have him back".

MrKnowItAll

The man is delusional.

Seebs

When bad things happen to bad people.  The bad people feel bad when someone else is more bad but made them feel worse by implying that there were badder than they were - just normal bad.

Freeze and Hootie are sitting on each side of the long haired Asian woman (Soul Train regular) in    Michael Jackson's Video 'Bad'.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

sickboy

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on May 28, 2016, 02:19:49 pm
Idiot.

But I say that, knowing full well that every night HDN puts his head on his pillow having more money in his pocket change dish than I could ever make in 100 lifetimes. Makes me look in the mirror and wonder what to call myself, if he's the idiot.  ???

You don't have to be smart to make money. There's always some fool with money willing to hand it over to someone who's incompetent.

jswineberiaskirk

The man is delusional.

this

outlawhogeywells

He hasn't had 10 good years prior to now  what makes him think he has 10 more good ones
The man is delusional.

Cornfed Pig

Nutt just has an unfortunate last name. I'd like to see him end up somewhere, like a Vanderbilt.

Iwastherein1969

well, Nutt was better than John L.       that's about it...oh wait he was better than the red-headed dude who lost to The Citadel, and yes, that is about it...Nutt had one legitimate year of his own, 2006...that was because all the stars aligned to make Darren McFadden be born and raised in Little Rock...past that, Hooten only won with other coach's players and when Bama was banned from bowl play
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

arsuperhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 28, 2016, 04:53:57 pm
Perhaps part of the reason Houston is still unemployed can also be explained by how he left the Arkansas program. There was internal strife, both inside and outside the athletic department itself, and certainly amongst much of the fan base. Perhaps too it also has something to do with the alleged improprieties that Hooter was displaying with someone like Donna Bragg, the obvious split within the football team itself infamous "haves" vs. the "have nots", the fact that he was not even able to win a SEC Championship with a back field that was amongst the best in the SEC (if not the nation) over the past 25 years or more, etc. etc. I believe that most programs when seriously looking at a candidate for their next HC position take into account many things over and above just merely wins and losses. They look at how that person is going to conduct himself and bring/keep the fan base united, not sniping at one another.

One other thing I find interesting. I don't know Chris Vaughan from Adam. However, after his issues at both OM and UT for the Hooter to still apparently consider him a pretty good guy you have to ask yourself: What does this guy have to do for you to consider him a modern version of Typhoid Mary ???
I would be highly surprised if Nutt didnt put Vaughn up to all of it. He played for Nutt at Murray State and likely felt a in debtted to him for that opportunity. Imagine ole Nutt saying hey Chris lets do a little extra to get these kids to ole miss

nchogg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 06:17:03 pm
Can't blame him for that, he was FIRED. TCTWF
He got what he deserved. He used Gus and his players to prolong his job. There were just too many negatives between staff members. And the same holds true for the staff when Smiley was hired as HC.

LZH

Quote from: nchogg on May 28, 2016, 04:41:31 pmI would love to see him go toe to toe in a discussion with Coach B. That would be fun to read and or hear.

About what? He knows football...people who like to think otherwise are either totally wrong or just blowing smoke. You can't make the slightest dent in D1 if you don't. His main problem was/is that he's an unbelievably self-absorbed idiot.

Dr. Starcs

nchogg

Quote from: LZH on May 29, 2016, 06:57:12 am
About what? He knows football...people who like to think otherwise are either totally wrong or just blowing smoke. You can't make the slightest dent in D1 if you don't. His main problem was/is that he's an unbelievably self-absorbed idiot.
About how to run a program the right way.

26.2Hog

Quote from: opineonswine on May 28, 2016, 06:37:23 pm
He is a goof ball, but in this case I don't blame him.  They were using him as a scapecoat and turns out Freeze was the villian.

The truth is that four of the 13 allegations against the football program came under Nutt.

The truth is that BOTH Nutt and Freeze were corrupt. 

code red

I am not really getting "gloating"....from what I have read.  9-13 violations were committed after Nutt was gone.  I for one would have said the same stuff.m  I think Houston knows Vaughn committed the violations and he just defending a good friend.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

26.2Hog

code red

Quote from: 26.2Hog on May 29, 2016, 07:56:40 am
Those comments below the article are blistering.
Hard to call it an article when F bombs are being dropped.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LZH

Quote from: nchogg on May 29, 2016, 07:47:49 am
About how to run a program the right way.

Fair enough. I thought that was headed toward a mythical football IQ pissing contest. Kinda similar to how Hogville decided Petrino went from being a genius to average just in the amount of time it took him to get fired. Sort of like BB's greatness now compared to how mediocre he will become as soon as he leaves or is runnoft one of these days.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on May 28, 2016, 10:34:28 pm
Nutt just has an unfortunate last name. I'd like to see him end up somewhere, like a Vanderbilt.

What do you have against Vanderbilt?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PonderinHog

hoghiker

Ole Miss tried to dumb their cheatin' load right in the middle of his lap. I'm pretty sure he's happy it landed back in Oxford.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 28, 2016, 01:52:09 pm
. . . even though some of the more serious charges date back to his regime . . .

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016/5/28/11804890/houston-nutt-ole-miss-letter-of-allegations-ncaa-david-saunders-chris-vaughn

With all due apologies to this post, Nutt's comments are NOT inexplicable. They are easily explained by the fact that Hooter has an universe sized ego that knows little, if any, bounds. Heck, nothing is ever his fault 'cause he only wants to be in the "people helping' business" for the ever present "love of the helmet".

snoblind

One of the best comments was from SpongeBob,  "If the NCAA really wanted to hammer us, they would make us hire him back"

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 28, 2016, 06:03:41 pm

So your just going to pass up on inserting a  "Sonic" Reference... Mane you slipp'n.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: nchogg on May 29, 2016, 05:53:55 am
He got what he deserved. He used Gus and his players to prolong his job. There were just too many negatives between staff members. And the same holds true for the staff when Smiley was hired as HC.
Oh, i feel you. I've been a darksider since the 1st loss to UNLV.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 29, 2016, 01:37:38 pm
So your just going to pass up on inserting a  "Sonic" Reference... Mane you slipp'n.

That's Danny's hangout