Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Hugh Freeze keep his job at Ole Miss?

Started by HogMantheIntruder, May 27, 2016, 04:29:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I haven't seen many predictions on this, but with what has been reported and what is still to come, do you think Freeze hangs on?

He's gone.
He'll be there for one more season.
Freeze and his lawyers manage to cover his tracks. He keeps his job.
Ole Miss fires him after they find out he can't recruit without cheating.
Other (please elaborate).

HogMantheIntruder

I'm going with #4. I think OM will want to keep him, but with the NCAA sniffing around, he's going to have to try and do it the right way. Who knows if he even knows how to do that? I feel confident saying that, sanctions or not, Hugh Freeze isn't going to pull top 5, top 10, or (likely) top 15 classes at OM. What say you?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Dirty

goodguytex

I think he keeps his job for awhile longer, depending on what the NCAA does in additional sanctions. Ole Miss as a program has to like where they are under Freeze. They don't mind cheating and getting slapped on the wrist if that is all that happens. Alabama has been cheating consistently, gotten slapped on the wrist for decades, and they just move on and keep on winning. Ole Miss is hoping  they can do the same thing, and are hoping Baylor is the program the NCAA are going to make an example out of. We will see if that winds up being the case.

Killean

Hugh Freeze will not be the Ole Miss coach by February 2017. 
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Dark Helmet Hog

The walls come tumbling down. He and Nutt form a blues band after neither one can find another gig.

GoHogs1091

Probably not, but the termination would be after this upcoming season.

It will be difficult for them to keep from losing at least 4 games this upcoming season.  They do have a QB, but there is no Treadwells,  Nkemdiches, Prewitts, or Elstons to go along with their QB.

Mike Irwin

It's up to the NCAA. If they find evidence in their own investigation that Freeze was involved Ole Miss will have no choice.

However, either way, Ole Miss' cheating days are over. They'd be crazy to start that stuff up again. The first time they signed another top 5 class, alarms would start going off. So from here on out they're going to have to play it straight. They didn't win the West cheating like crazy. What happens when they don't cheat?

It's going to be fun to watch.

longpig

May 27, 2016, 07:08:45 pm #7 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:32:10 pm by longpig
For one reason or another, Freeze isn't going to coach at a program that's under severe ncaa sanction.
Don't be scared, be smart.

LRrazorback

Jim tressel lost his job at Ohio st and did less than bucky. He won a national championship too

reddogjcss

As long as they win 8 or more, beat BAMA he's not going anywhere! If he drops to 6 wins, only 2 SEC wins he's gone

lahawg1

In the NOA HF is named a couple of times. Based on this I don't see how he stays especially if the "lack of institutional control" is applied.

Lastly,  during  the  January  20  breakfast  at  Freeze's  residence, and
's mother and sister were provided with a catered
breakfast.  The  value  of  their  meals  was  approximately  $102.  While  at 
Freeze's residence,

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: LRrazorback on May 27, 2016, 07:08:51 pm
Jim tressel lost his job at Ohio st and did less than bucky. He won a national championship too
I'm fairness, they had Meyer waiting in the wings to take over. Who does WA OM have waiting?

AirWarren

Tequilin' Time

#4,  and we all get front rows seats to the public exposure as a fraud.

passinghog

History has shown that when major infractions occur under a staff, that coach doesn't survive. Sometimes that coach takes another job, moves to a different league (Pete Carroll), or gets fired. He won't make it to the 2017 season.

jfred59

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on May 27, 2016, 06:48:02 pm
The walls come tumbling down. He and Nutt form a blues band after neither one can find another gig.

Bucky Beaver and the Nutts!!!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 27, 2016, 07:07:25 pm
It's up to the NCAA. If they find evidence in their own investigation that Freeze was involved Ole Miss will have no choice.

However, either way, Ole Miss' cheating days are over. They'd be crazy to start that stuff up again. The first time they signed another top 5 class, alarms would start going off. So from here on out they're going to have to play it straight. They didn't win the West cheating like crazy. What happens when they don't cheat?

It's going to be fun to watch.

This. Regardless of what happens, I'm almost going to enjoy watching them limp back to being the SECW's Kentucky (sans the great basketball tradition) as I am watching the Hogs continue to build. Freeze has already shown that he's not a top tier coach. Now, if he stays, he'll have to do it with one hand tied behind his back. They are gong to feel the sting of this for at least another 5-6 years.
   -Harry Solomon

Pancetta

They'll lose a couple more scholarships per year and maybe get a one year bowl ban.  He'll be there at least 2 more seasons as it would be hard to get a decent replacement when you are facing a couple of years of sanctions. 
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

staffhog

Bucky is on his knees begging not to be deposed during Tunsil-Miller deposition phase.  To me this proves that where there is smoke there is fire.

He is afraid he will say something the NCAA will use to put the noose around his neck.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: staffhog on May 27, 2016, 10:28:06 pm
Bucky is on his knees begging not to be deposed during Tunsil-Miller deposition phase.  To me this proves that where there is smoke there is fire.

He is afraid he will say something the NCAA will use to put the noose around his neck.
Nonsense. Freeze said himself that he not only cooperated fully with the NCAA's investigation, but also that he has "zero tolerance for cheaters". Why would a man like that have anything to worry about?  ::)

/so
   -Harry Solomon

staffhog

Dang, I forgot I read that, too.  Now I don't know what to believe.

lumphog

Sivad

Freeze deserves to be fired but if Ole Miss is forced to quit cheating for a while, I don't think he's that hot of a coach and would just as soon a weak OM team be saddled with him than a better football coach.

roothawg

Ole piss will sell their soul to try to be somebody. Hugh $$$$ Freeze is still there for a while.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

GuvHog

At the very least they ought to suspend Freeze without pay for the 2016 season or until the investigation is completed.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: Sivad on May 28, 2016, 02:21:23 am
Freeze deserves to be fired but if Ole Miss is forced to quit cheating for a while, I don't think he's that hot of a coach and would just as soon a weak OM team be saddled with him than a better football coach.

This, he can't co a coach.

go hogues

Quote from: reddogjcss on May 27, 2016, 07:18:28 pm
As long as they win 8 or more, beat BAMA he's not going anywhere! If he drops to 6 wins, only 2 SEC wins he's gone
And they probably will beat Bama again this season. They get a green Bama ab at home.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

go hogues

Quote from: go hogues on May 28, 2016, 01:34:17 pm
And they probably will beat Bama again this season. They get a green Bama qb at home.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: go hogues on May 28, 2016, 01:34:17 pm
And they probably will beat Bama again this season. They get a green Bama ab at home.
Did you really just quote yourself?
   -Harry Solomon

rzrbackramsfan

But do you WANT freeze to stay?

I personally would love for a non-cheating freeze to be there. 

longpig

Freezus McBeaver proved he can coach by beating some of the best teams in the country if he has top talent.  He could likely do well for a long time by going to a program that doesn't have to have bagmen to land top ten classes.

bennyl08

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 28, 2016, 02:58:40 pm

21 seconds had passed and nobody had commented on his post. Maybe he wanted to self-bump to make sure it gets read?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Iwastherein1969

the slimy 'boy faced', 'beaver toothed' cheating bastid of a coach will stay as long as Ole Miss wins....the powers at be don't give a rat's behind about ethics...they have chosen the dark side now...I believe they hired an Ole Miss alum who was young just so they could tell him in no uncertain terms they were tired of losing and wanted to win the SEC "by any means necessary"....well ol' goofball with the buck teeth knew exactly what that meant and was willing to risk his career to bring back the good ol' days of the Johnny Vaught era no matter how much money it took....Freeze was Ole Miss' perfect vessel...he is a willing participant in the "Ole Miss will rise again" movement....so no, they are in concert together just as SMU and it's coach was together when they cheated....I don't care what anyone says, Ole Miss simply doesn't and has NEVER recruited this well even in the Johnny Vaught good ol' days of the late 50's early 60's....Hugh is only fired if he doesn't keep handing out the money supplied to him..

ad: an old service station that serves dam good catfish and a walk through a grove of trees on game day has NEVER, since integration, brought the top athletes to Ole Miss, why suddenly does a grove of trees and a walk through them and a bunch of drunks get you a top 5 class nationally ? If the Hogs started getting top 5 classes annually I guarantee you the NCAA would have jets landing at Dallas, Jonesboro, Fayetteville (with NCAA agents heading toward Bentonville and various other sundry places)...in other words, we wouldn't be able to practice the first top 5 class we recruited before sanctions started falling from the sky like a early Summertime thunderstorm....Oxford is the charm ? HORSE HOCKEY
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

RedyorNot

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 28, 2016, 02:58:40 pm

He fixed his spelling from "green ab" to "green qb" in lieu of the modify tab

hawg IQ

if the NCAA does its job and imposes heavy sanctions, remove scholarships and add at least a year bowl ban, he's gone, he fired asap. if its another slap on the wrist things or sorta dies off due to ncaa slow playing the whole thing, he will hang on until those things do happen!?
   The other way out is to resign and the sooner the better !
Would like too add to all this > if You can fire someone in the spring/summer ( see Art Briles) lets see if they hire a head coach or interim aka J smiles and BP saga ??
go hogs go !

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hawg IQ on May 28, 2016, 09:24:27 pm
if the NCAA does its job and imposes heavy sanctions, remove scholarships and add at least a year bowl ban, he's gone, he fired asap. if its another slap on the wrist things or sorta dies off due to ncaa slow playing the whole thing, he will hang on until those things do happen!?
   The other way out is to resign and the sooner the better !
Would like too add to all this > if You can fire someone in the spring/summer ( see Art Briles) lets see if they hire a head coach or interim aka J smiles and BP saga ??
The powers at be will try to distance themselves from Freeze and it may be that it was an understood agreement that if Freeze got caught cheating that ol' Hugh would "fall on his sword" for the better good of Ole Miss. Since this is likely the case and Freeze's coaching career would be severely diminished I have zero doubts that Freeze would get a secret severance package due him so he and his family could live a life of which they have become accustomed. Again, as I said above, there is simply no way that "catfish at a gas station and a walk through a grove of trees" has so much charm that the top players in the country have suddenly "come a runnin' " to use an old southern saying. Ole Miss' problems are at the mere tip of the ice berg, it just comes down to how much the SEC powers in Birmingham are willing to protect one of it's charter members as to what the punishment will fully entail at the end of this sordid affair. Now if it were Arkansas or Mizzou or South Carolina, the powers at be in Birmingham would say to the NCAA, "off with their heads", but Ole Miss is a sacred cow in the SEC. The lovable loser if you will and has been for decades.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Buff

The poll looks like it's giving me the finger.

Hawgar The Horrible

Freeze ain't good enough to coach players up. Recruiting will return to historical OM levels. The talent level will drop. The losses will compound and Freeze will be history. Shelf life of 2 years max.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

longpig

longpig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 28, 2016, 10:15:23 pm
Freeze ain't good enough to coach players up. Recruiting will return to historical OM levels. The talent level will drop. The losses will compound and Freeze will be history. Shelf life of 2 years max.

He'll go the Harley Bob route back to D1 relevancy, but to a stronger program than UL.  Ole Miss football is history.

elviscat

The word for Oxford is that Jimmy Sexton is trying to sell him to the
Canadian Football League.

jackflash

with Ole Miss offering to reduce scholarship their something bad here. 9 violation under Freeze. Still I think the NCAA will have to make Ole Miss fire him

k.c.hawg

That was a team issued, Ole Miss gas mask that Tunsil was wearing. They will do anything to keep winning. When HF has a couple of 3/4 win seasons he will be gone....not until then. They will sacrifice every staff member there to keep that dbag.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

LZH

Quote from: goodguytex on May 27, 2016, 06:23:29 pm
I think he keeps his job for awhile longer, depending on what the NCAA does in additional sanctions. Ole Miss as a program has to like where they are under Freeze. They don't mind cheating and getting slapped on the wrist if that is all that happens. Alabama has been cheating consistently, gotten slapped on the wrist for decades, and they just move on and keep on winning. Ole Miss is hoping  they can do the same thing, and are hoping Baylor is the program the NCAA are going to make an example out of. We will see if that winds up being the case.

100% correct.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 28, 2016, 10:15:23 pm

I tend to agree with this. I don't think Freese is a bad coach. But he isn't a good enough coach to win consistently at Ole Piss with top 30 recruiting classes

kp72204

I think he stays this year. If it's a good season (8-10 wins), I think he bolts for an asst NFL job for a year or 2 and then back to college for a HC gig.

hawgmasta

Probably one more year while all this mess gets worse and more information making him bad gets out. It always does.