Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's finally hitting the fan in Oxford!!! SIAP

Started by HogMantheIntruder, May 27, 2016, 10:19:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Seebs on May 27, 2016, 11:19:28 am

Only signing 22 players saves the boosters $300K - so I do not see this as a penalty

Lol.  Yeah, good point...this could be a financial savings plan for them.  They may want to do this every 5 years or so (or whenever they get off of the most recent probation)  ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

PonderinHog

jjdlc

Taking into account what the NCAA did to USC and Ohio State, I just don't get where some think Ole Miss is going to get off any lighter.  Where does this perception come from that the Rebels are one of the big boys of college football?

lurk

Quote from: longpig on May 27, 2016, 03:40:46 pm
IN YO FACE HUBERT!
He's got that whole fetal alcohol syndrome look, which makes him a high achiever in Mississippi.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: lurk on May 27, 2016, 07:33:49 pm
He's got that whole fetal alcohol syndrome look, which makes him a high achiever in Mississippi.

Coach touch eyes can't help how he looks. 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2016, 08:35:19 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ole-miss-conduct-in-a-nutshell--laremy-tunsil-s-5-parents--4-loaners-201151321.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw
ah, the imfamous tweet from Bucky "If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young men." what an internet n00b. I emailed. I couldn't have been the only one.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 27, 2016, 08:50:21 pm
ah, the imfamous tweet from Bucky "If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young men." what an internet n00b. I emailed. I couldn't have been the only one.
Think we should link this thread and send it or do you think they know by now ???

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 27, 2016, 08:57:27 pm
Think we should link this thread and send it or do you think they know by now ???
Well, I'm bored... and possible tipsy and actually just did. I know; I need a life, but I tell you it felt good doing the right thing.
   -Harry Solomon

greasy_corner

Quote from: jfred59 on May 27, 2016, 04:17:34 pm
And while they are it put a show cause on the Hootie

Why?  He hasn't had a coaching job in an eternity.  He's his own "show cause" 

RedRock

Pig in the Pokey

ESPN now reporting it's 26 violations including 16 Level Is and that none of those include the latest Tunsil stuff.

So, if they "self reported" so impeccably well, how come they didn't include the Tunsil stuff? I have a feeling this will be one of those times that the NCAA comes with the STRONGLY worded response.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

BigSexyHog

Ncaa won't do squat.   I will be shocked if they lay the hammer down on these ass clowns
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 28, 2016, 12:05:43 am
Ncaa won't do squat.   I will be shocked if they lay the hammer down on these ass clowns
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
   -Harry Solomon

razorbackkid

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 28, 2016, 12:05:43 am

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 28, 2016, 12:38:00 am
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

This type of thing takes away from the basic concept of the "play fair win fair" mentality I grew up with as a child.  I hate it for those individuals on teams that get caught up in crap like this in which they had no participation.  But the leaders of institutions that allow this bull to happen should be banished from the sport for life.....save none.

I have no less pity on the players that accept "gifts" that are not equally given to every college student.....bar none.

To the NCAA.....when you hang'em.....hang'em high for all to see.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jkstock04

Quote from: HogNDas on May 27, 2016, 02:16:37 pm
OM filed their response in April.   NCAA has 60 days to respond so we should hear NCAA's response before the end of June....
This is what I was gonna ask...how long Til the NCAA responds. So it won't be long...this thing is pretty juicy lol but I'll still be surprised if the NCAA really does anything extra to them. I still point back to how they let Auburn walk free. Ole Miss is a flashy media darling these days just the same as Auburn ...I'm just not seeing a death death penalty type of hammering like Hogville thinks will happen.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: razorbackkid on May 28, 2016, 02:16:16 am
This type of thing takes away from the basic concept of the "play fair win fair" mentality I grew up with as a child.  I hate it for those individuals on teams that get caught up in crap like this in which they had no participation.  But the leaders of institutions that allow this bull to happen should be banished from the sport for life.....save none.

I have no less pity on the players that accept "gifts" that are not equally given to every college student.....bar none.

I agree with this premise overall. However one thing I would counter with is that the leaders probably get tired of seeing the Alabamas of the world get away with whatever they want and are trying to level the playing field.

It's fascinating to me...when a team like Alabama has been a powerhouse for so long and cheated for so long, it's simply taken as part of the SEC culture and easily accepted across the nation. When a lesser team like Ole Miss tries getting their hands dirty is when people get up in arms and call foul. It would be the same or worse if Arkansas ever tried it. Would easily be worth it to me if we won a national championship...they could hammer us into obvilion for 5 years following and I'd be ok with it. But in ole miss' case is all this worth a Sugar Bowl win? Maybe, maybe not...we will see what the NCAA does. My guess is not much or nothing at all.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawg IQ

two worries here- One is expecting the Ncaa to treat this like the Ncaa would really be fair and do the right thing( over the top expectations) . Its almost like a "Murphy law", if they can screw it up , no doubt they will.
The other, seriously, was there a doubt Ol Miss was cheating getting top 5 classes...!? Even their fans had to know that. Look at facilities, location and who the head coach was/ or is !
  Really, kids coming out of HS just want a quick path to NFL and big dollars, they don't give a hoot about which school, especially an ol miss. They are not signing with ol miss because they like the way fans tailgate in the grove. The aren't eligible for NFL yet, but the dollars are there unhuh- simple enough, not rocket science folks !

But the Ncaa has overlooked the money trails in the SEC for years now, which I believed the SEC admins has helped along the way, which brings us back to the money. Therefore, look for the Ncaa and SEC to minimize the sanctions or penalties against ol miss.
go hogs go !

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 28, 2016, 07:11:29 am
This is what I was gonna ask...how long Til the NCAA responds. So it won't be long...this thing is pretty juicy lol but I'll still be surprised if the NCAA really does anything extra to them. I still point back to how they let Auburn walk free. Ole Miss is a flashy media darling these days just the same as Auburn ...I'm just not seeing a death death penalty type of hammering like Hogville thinks will happen.

The could find the paper trails for Auburn and Auburn denied everything. Tunsil's soon to be ex step Dad provided hard proof to the NCAA. In addition to the other things found by the NCAA.

I don't even think Auburn got a notice of allegations

TUSKtimes

Self-imposed penalties, just peeing on the NZAA leg. Tick,tick,tick,tick,tick....................

oldhawg

There's got to be some middle ground somewhere. 

Some kids don't need the extra money.  Some kids have to work through high school just to buy there own clothes, or have even a little pocket change for a date.  These kids get an athletic scholarship and are told that they can't work part time anymore; plus the little bit of pocket change they get from their scholarship certainly is not enough to buy clothes.  A kid takes $500 from a booster or coach, and BOOM, if found out he loses his eligibility and probably his scholarship.  Life's dreams and aspirations of playing in the League down the drain.  If you have never had much, it's hard to say no to a pittance of $500. 

I would say the same thing about the student on a math scholarship ---- but of course the math student is not in jeopardy of losing their scholarship if he/she takes money from a booster. 

There's got to be a middle ground somewhere.

hawg IQ

I understand your point, in fact its very good one. I've said all along kids being granted scholarships should allowed additional money for reasonable expenses. Prob something like 2-300 dollars a month and as tightly overseen by ncaa as possible.

All that being said, those coaches/boosters that cheat by buying should be viewed as criminal acts, same as bribery and punishable by law. Favors such as tattoos, clothes , free hotel/lodging. cars, jewelry,money  etc should be considered "buying".  A huge risk against law breaking would have to then be considered by booster, coaches alike.
  Sounds like too much ? got to stop the cheating somehow !?
go hogs go !

rljjr

Quote from: jjdlc on May 27, 2016, 07:04:43 pm
Taking into account what the NCAA did to USC and Ohio State, I just don't get where some think Ole Miss is going to get off any lighter.  Where does this perception come from that the Rebels are one of the big boys of college football?

I think it's a general distrust of the NCAA acting in any sort of consistent manner. I know it is for me. I also wonder how hard the SEC is working behind the scene to minimize the consequences. It's in their best interest to minimize to keep the conference as strong as possible. Then again, maybe they don't, but when millions are on the line I suspect they have more than a rooting interest.

MissippHog

Quote from: rljjr on May 28, 2016, 09:06:58 am
I think it's a general distrust of the NCAA acting in any sort of consistent manner. I know it is for me. I also wonder how hard the SEC is working behind the scene to minimize the consequences. It's in their best interest to minimize to keep the conference as strong as possible. Then again, maybe they don't, but when millions are on the line I suspect they have more than a rooting interest.
I wonder too.  How much influence does Bama have in this?  Part of me thinks that they aren't doing OM any favors here.

Most of the fans around here are in denial and insist that they will get a slap on the wrist.  You have to understand that most of them believe that they are part of the NCAA elite right now too, so obviously their perception of what's going on is a little distorted.  For me, it couldn't happen to a better program! 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rljjr on May 28, 2016, 09:06:58 am
because you decided it? IT is NOT in the SEC's "best interests" to protect ole piss!! Where do you people get this from?

Look, the whole country has SEC envy. They hate us. They think we cheat. It would "be in the SEC's best interest" to nail Ole Piss to a pole.

The stuff i see on here....
@Slackaveli

TUSKtimes

Quote from: MissippHog on May 28, 2016, 09:33:21 am
I wonder too.  How much influence does Bama have in this?  Part of me thinks that they aren't doing OM any favors here.

Most of the fans around here are in denial and insist that they will get a slap on the wrist.  You have to understand that most of them believe that they are part of the NCAA elite right now too, so obviously their perception of what's going on is a little distorted.  For me, it couldn't happen to a better program!

What could Alabama have to do with this?

No team in the SEC has had to deal with more nzaa crap inflicted on their program. The inability the nzaa has to follow their own by-laws during an honest investigation is well established. That eliminates honesty and that's pause enough for me.

opineonswine

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: oldhawg on May 28, 2016, 08:22:13 am

There's got to be some middle ground somewhere. 

Some kids don't need the extra money.  Some kids have to work through high school just to buy there own clothes, or have even a little pocket change for a date.  These kids get an athletic scholarship and are told that they can't work part time anymore; plus the little bit of pocket change they get from their scholarship certainly is not enough to buy clothes.  A kid takes $500 from a booster or coach, and BOOM, if found out he loses his eligibility and probably his scholarship.  Life's dreams and aspirations of playing in the League down the drain.  If you have never had much, it's hard to say no to a pittance of $500. 

I would say the same thing about the student on a math scholarship ---- but of course the math student is not in jeopardy of losing their scholarship if he/she takes money from a booster. 

There's got to be a middle ground somewhere.

Are you equating sports to the real reason for the existence of Unversity?  Doesn't the dollar amount spent on an athlete not far exceed that spent on a regular student?  It's not an unfair situation.  However I agree it makes it tough on the kids that can't work and don't have money from home.  They get a stripend now, how much is that and much more do they need?  Life is not fair and nobody is worrying about making it fair for the poor college students.  Is it now our responsibility to make up for parents irresponsibility?  I feel that this is a situation were whatever it's it won't be enough.  Will we be bidding millions of dollars for HS kids?  All I've got to say is if that is where this is going...goodbye college sports.  Let them go pro or get an education the old fashioned way.

HogHolio

The Universities should be required to put penalty clauses in every coaches contract if they are responsible for sanctions or lack of oversight then they have to pay restitution.

Force them to repay I'll gotten gains and most of this will stop. Right now worse case scenario they make $4MM and get let go. Seeing it would take an average high school coach 50 years to make that I can see why they risk it.

rljjr

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 09:40:18 am
because you decided it? IT is NOT in the SEC's "best interests" to protect ole piss!! Where do you people get this from?

Look, the whole country has SEC envy. They hate us. They think we cheat. It would "be in the SEC's best interest" to nail Ole Piss to a pole.

The stuff i see on here....

I posited a question by saying that I wondered. Sorry, I think. I decided nothing. Why are you so angry and bitter? The stuff I see on here ...

Mike Irwin

Quote from: TUSKtimes on May 28, 2016, 08:03:12 am
Self-imposed penalties, just peeing on the NZAA leg. Tick,tick,tick,tick,tick....................
Ole Miss ranks 40th in 2017 football recruiting. That's a million miles from the top 5 classes they've been pulling off while cheating. Freeze had no choice but to stop the payola and you see the results. Ole Miss is going back to being Ole Miss.

BirmingHam

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on May 28, 2016, 10:03:08 am
Are you equating sports to the real reason for the existence of Unversity?  Doesn't the dollar amount spent on an athlete not far exceed that spent on a regular student?  It's not an unfair situation.  However I agree it makes it tough on the kids that can't work and don't have money from home.  They get a stripend now, how much is that and much more do they need?  Life is not fair and nobody is worrying about making it fair for the poor college students.  Is it now our responsibility to make up for parents irresponsibility?  I feel that this is a situation were whatever it's it won't be enough.  Will we be bidding millions of dollars for HS kids?  All I've got to say is if that is where this is going...goodbye college sports.  Let them go pro or get an education the old fashioned way.

Agree, if anyone thinks that hidden money what decrease/stop if student athletes get more stipends; you need to wake up.  It will be flowing even more because it will be harder to discern where the money is coming from and giving more ways to hide payments.  Just adds more shells to hide the pea under.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 28, 2016, 10:23:31 am
Ole Miss ranks 40th in 2017 football recruiting. That's a million miles from the top 5 classes they've been pulling off while cheating. Freeze had no choice but to stop the payola and you see the results. Ole Miss is going back to being Ole Miss.

There are also times when teams have been hit with severe restrictions that the nzaa has allowed players to transfer to other programs without penalty.

Shouldn't affect those that are there only because they love ole miss.

GuvHog

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 01:20:50 pm
They do have a Sugar Bowl win, though.  :(

The Hogs do too.

Unfortunately it was way back when the Hogs were in the SWC.  :(
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rljjr on May 28, 2016, 10:10:26 am
I posited a question by saying that I wondered. Sorry, I think. I decided nothing. Why are you so angry and bitter? The stuff I see on here ...
wasn't personal, it has been repeated a hundred times in this thread. It just seems illogical to me.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GuvHog on May 28, 2016, 12:28:19 pm
The Hogs do too.

Unfortunately it was way back when the Hogs were in the SWC.  :(
we have a no contest vacated Sugar Bowl... So , we have a Sugar Bowl "not loss".
@Slackaveli

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 12:34:30 pm
we have a no contest vacated Sugar Bowl... So , we have a Sugar Bowl "not loss".
We beat Georgia in '69.  16-2

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

PonderinHog

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 12:40:24 pm
oh, i know, i was referring to 2010.

I remember that well because I was there siting just about as high above the field as one could get. What an outcome that could have been but for one freshman mistake.

rljjr

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 12:33:30 pm
wasn't personal, it has been repeated a hundred times in this thread. It just seems illogical to me.

OK, no harm, no foul. I don't find it illogical in the world of big business dollars. I do consider it unlikely for a number of reasons (mostly PR), but it did flash across my noggin'. So yeah, it was me wondering out loud.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 28, 2016, 10:23:31 am

Yep. Good for Bucky. He'll last about 2 seasons with 40th ranked recruiting classes.
This is my non-signature signature.

Seebs

A car cut me off on my way to LR today. As  I was heading down 67  I saw that same car pulled over. This felt the same sense of satisfaction passing that driver that I did when reading about Baylor and Ole Miss.

Bad behavior is not always rewarded.   
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Seebs on May 28, 2016, 01:22:23 pm
A car cut me off on my way to LR today. As  I was heading down 67  I saw that same car pulled over. This felt the same sense of satisfaction passing that driver that I did when reading about Baylor and Ole Miss.

Bad behavior is not always rewarded.   
Did you happen to catch up to him and cut him off twice in a row before he got pulled over?  ;)
   -Harry Solomon

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GuvHog on May 28, 2016, 12:49:01 pm
I remember that well because I was there siting just about as high above the field as one could get. What an outcome that could have been but for one freshman mistake.
I was there , too, in the endzone where the failed scoop and score and subsequent pick happened. The Ohio State fans around me had just conceded. They were saying, Well. Good game". I saw a few of those fans get knocked out around the french quarter throughout the night.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rljjr on May 28, 2016, 01:15:55 pm
OK, no harm, no foul. I don't find it illogical in the world of big business dollars. I do consider it unlikely for a number of reasons (mostly PR), but it did flash across my noggin'. So yeah, it was me wondering out loud.
No worries, bro. Part of it is me trying to "will" the NCAA into action. I was surprised when they hammered Ohio State , USC, Penn State so hard. Was also shocked to see North Carolina skate like they did, and Auburn as well. I guess we'll see.
@Slackaveli

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 28, 2016, 04:42:41 pm
I was there , too, in the endzone where the failed scoop and score and subsequent pick happened. The Ohio State fans around me had just conceded. They were saying, Well. Good game". I saw a few of those fans get knocked out around the french quarter throughout the night.

Yep. Like Stoener and his Tennessee Stoernover, That young fellow probably wishes he could go back and do it all over again to correct that mistake.