Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's finally hitting the fan in Oxford!!! SIAP

Started by HogMantheIntruder, May 27, 2016, 10:19:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

southarkhog06

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 27, 2016, 12:43:41 pm
haven't seen him in a bit.
if anyone knows him they may want to check on him and get any dangerous objects out of his reach.

GalaHawg

Well... Here is the biggest punishment of all... Ole Miss will be under a microscope (to say the least) going forward and they will not be able to provide the recruits with similar benefits. Without all the benefits, there's no way they will continue to recruit at the same level. They will revert back to their mediocre classes.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 01:02:25 pm
I just want them to have to testify, under oath, about the whole Tunsil situation.  They're trying like hell to avoid that, though.
Yea, even if the penalties are disappointing. It would be worth it for Bucky and the PTB to have to say under oath that they're a bunch of worthless cheaters, and have the transcript made public.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 27, 2016, 01:04:47 pm
if anyone knows him they may want to check on him and get any dangerous objects out of his reach.
yep!
Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 27, 2016, 01:08:03 pm
Yea, even if the penalties are disappointing. It would be worth it for Bucky and the PTB to have to say under oath that they're a bunch of worthless cheaters, and have the transcript made public.
yes, yes it would
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

go hogues

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 27, 2016, 12:17:35 pm
Nothing substantive will happen to Ole Miss.  They have carte blanc to do whatever they want.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Dr. Starcs

What I love: even cheating, they still couldn't beat us the last two years.

colbs

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 27, 2016, 01:12:11 pm

DLUXHOG

we have a 6-4 advantage over the rebels over last 10 years.  321 Arkansas points -228 Ole Miss points...
Hogs hold a historical winning record of 34–27–1 over Ole Miss.    The cheating has gone on at Ole Miss a lot longer than 2 years..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Wildhog

They do have a Sugar Bowl win, though.  :(
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogNDas

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 27, 2016, 12:15:32 pm
They'll be lessened.  By quite a bit.
Actually, I believe NCAA imposes harsher penalties and it is negotiated down to something in the middle...how it usually plays out.

BearsBisonsBoars

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 27, 2016, 01:27:24 pm
They won't touch them

I have to agree.  It won't be near as much as we're all hoping.
1909/1964/1965/1977

woodhog14

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 01:20:50 pm

In which they played an overrated Oklahoma State team and we faced a legit Top 5 team in Ohio State.

Wildhog

Quote from: woodhog14 on May 27, 2016, 01:37:52 pm
In which they played an overrated Oklahoma State team and we faced a legit Top 5 team in Ohio State.

Ok?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wahls

Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 01:20:50 pm
is that really the goal the PTB had in mind when they began this cheating campaign? Will that be worth the penalties?

Wildhog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 27, 2016, 02:01:40 pm
is that really the goal the PTB had in mind when they began this cheating campaign? Will that be worth the penalties?

Depends on the penalties.  If all they get is what they self-imposed, then absolutely.

I'd sign 22/year for three years if it meant we won a Sugar Bowl. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

King Kong

Ohio State got a post season ban for players getting tattoos. Surely this is at least worth that.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 02:02:26 pm
Depends on the penalties.  If all they get is what they self-imposed, then absolutely.

I'd sign 22/year for three years if it meant we won a Sugar Bowl.
And literally threw all our integrity out of the window? To each his own.

Regardless, for all the complaining we do about the toothless NCAA when is the last time they made allegations public like this and just stuck with the schools own punishment?

southarkhog06

Quote from: King Kong on May 27, 2016, 02:05:33 pm
Ohio State got a post season ban for players getting tattoos. Surely this is at least worth that.
exactly and Ole Miss =/= OSU in the pecking order.

Wildhog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 27, 2016, 02:07:23 pm
And literally threw all our integrity out of the window? To each his own.

Regardless, for all the complaining we do about the toothless NCAA when is the last time they made allegations public like this and just stuck with the schools own punishment?

Well, I'm just saying that they already made the decision to throw integrity out the window.  If all they get is their self-imposed penalties, then I'd say that it's been worth it for them. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogNDas

OM filed their response in April.   NCAA has 60 days to respond so we should hear NCAA's response before the end of June....

HogNDas

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 27, 2016, 01:18:14 pm
we have a 6-4 advantage over the rebels over last 10 years.  321 Arkansas points -228 Ole Miss points...
Hogs hold a historical winning record of 34–27–1 over Ole Miss.    The cheating has gone on at Ole Miss a lot longer than 2 years..........
We were 7-3 vs. OM under Nutt-Job.  We are 4-4 since.  We beat OM and lose to Toledo!  SMH!   :-[

lasthog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on May 27, 2016, 11:28:44 am
Crappy state and crappy school...of course they pay players that go there.

I believe, in support of your post, that finally the excrement has hit the oscillation.

redleg

The self-imposed penalties Ole Miss has proposed are ridiculous. They do not even come close to adequately penalizing Rebels football for their violations. The NCAA, if they have the stones, should impose harsher sanctions to the tune of 3-5 scholies lost for each of the next four or five signing classes, a financial penalty, decreased time on the road recruiting and decreased contact time with recruits via other mediums, and a ban on post-season for at least the 2016 season, preferably 2017 as well.
THAT would get their attention, as well as the recruits attention.
I would also like to see the NCAA formally and publicly reprimand Ole Miss, the OM athletic department as a whole, and Hugh Freeze himself for lack of institutional control.
It never made any reasonable sense that Mississippi all of a sudden started getting these highly rated players from around the country to come to a school that had been, at best, average for the previous 50 years. Doesn't anyone in Oxford own a college football history book?! There is a section in there titled SMU in the 1980's! Read it!!!
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: redleg on May 27, 2016, 02:34:40 pm
The self-imposed penalties Ole Miss has proposed are ridiculous. They do not even come close to adequately penalizing Rebels football for their violations. The NCAA, if they have the stones, should impose harsher sanctions to the tune of 3-5 scholies lost for each of the next four or five signing classes, a financial penalty, decreased time on the road recruiting and decreased contact time with recruits via other mediums, and a ban on post-season for at least the 2016 season, preferably 2017 as well.
I would also like to see the NCAA formally and publicly reprimand Ole Miss, the OM athletic department as a whole, and Hugh Freeze himself for lack of institutional control.
It never made any reasonable sense that Mississippi all of a sudden started getting these highly rated players from around the country to come to a school that had been, at best, average for the previous 50 years. Doesn't anyone in Oxford own a college football history book?! There is a section in there titled SMU in the 1980's! Read it!!!
I totally agree. OM had better hope and pray that the NCAA is dumb enough to go along with these "slap on the wrist" penalties. I can guarantee this is the absolute BEST the retards can hope for.

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 27, 2016, 02:16:37 pm
OM filed their response in April.   NCAA has 60 days to respond so we should hear NCAA's response before the end of June....

Wrong, the response was delayed do to a third party until today, and now OM is asking for a delay as they work on the Tunsil mess. So, nope, nothing in June.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2016/05/27/ole-miss-releases-notice-allegations-response/84969156/

HogNDas

I believe that OM indicated in their response that they "self imposed" harsher sanctions that what the NCAA had previously meted out for the same offenses...whether that is true or not, I do not know.  You must be a young feller cause OM under Coach Johnny Vaught won 3 NC's.   They used to be a powerhouse and their demise occurred once integration started.  They couldn't overcome the Confederate flag.....
I think the NCAA will recommend harsher penalties, OM will object/argue it, and they will meet in the middle.  That is how it normally works out.....

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2016, 02:41:07 pm

Wrong, the response was delayed do to a third party until today, and now OM is asking for a delay as they work on the Tunsil mess. So, nope, nothing in June.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2016/05/27/ole-miss-releases-notice-allegations-response/84969156/

Delayed as long as possible and it blows away.  Ole Miss won't see a penalty until 2017 or 18 and at that point, most everything will be forgotten.   They may end up being rewarded for offering to sanction themselves.

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 27, 2016, 02:53:03 pm
Delayed as long as possible and it blows away.  Ole Miss won't see a penalty until 2017 or 18 and at that point, most everything will be forgotten.   They may end up being rewarded for offering to sanction themselves.

Doubtful

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Seebs on May 27, 2016, 12:16:46 pm
On Nafoom they are writing it is stuff they already knew about and that it is not as bad as otehrs believed it would be. What other things are out there that this would not be as bad as they believed? 

There will be blood.

Kind of like when we warned them about Nutt. Only three years later did they realize they were wrong. Same thing will happen here.   ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Now that it's out there, the waiting may be the hardest part, especially with the Tunsil charges NOT being part of this.  What hurt UA most from the charges that resulted from the divorce case was waiting for the punishment to come. I don't see how OM gets out of some kind of bowl ban for this.

EFBAB

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

HogNDas

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 01:02:25 pm
I just want them to have to testify, under oath, about the whole Tunsil situation.  They're trying like hell to avoid that, though.

The perfect storm of a civil suit where program dealings are actually relevant at the same time as an NCAA investigation concerning related matters. Cures the ncaa's impotence due to lack of subpoena power or ability to compel testimony and does not run afoul of the stuff that sunk the Miami investigation.

Freezes attorneys will fight hard to limit or seal his testimony. Failing that, the plaintiff is going to be offered a handsome sum in settlement (by a non-party).
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on May 27, 2016, 03:48:28 pm
I like Bucky Beaver better!   hee hee!
I have to admit I've never really noticed. However, now that you (and others) have mentioned it no doubt everyone's on to something.  ;) :) :D ;D  8)

LRrazorback

Quote from: King Kong on May 27, 2016, 02:05:33 pm

And their coach was fired and placed on coaching suspension (can't think of what it's called)

LRrazorback

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2016/05/27/ole-miss-releases-notice-Help me understand, does the NCAA not conduct their own investigation, they take the word of MS and the facts from their investigation?

allegations-response/84969156/

Help me understand, does the NCAA not conduct their own investigation?  They take the word of MS who investigates themselves?

jfred59

And while they are it put a show cause on the Hootie

ricepig

Quote from: LRrazorback on May 27, 2016, 04:09:07 pm
allegations-response/84969156/

Help me understand, does the NCAA not conduct their own investigation?  They take the word of MS who investigates themselves?

No, the NCAA investigates.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hog Solo on May 27, 2016, 10:43:22 am

What is up with them self imposing a post season ban for the women's basketball team but the men's football are allowed to play?

Believe it's call the "Dance & dodge, head fake"....move.   The NCAA is suppose to take the fake, & Ole Miss football will move right along    ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Justifiable Hogicide

They tried to falsely blame it all on Hootie.
Just a bunch of Slaps.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 27, 2016, 01:18:14 pm
This has been driving me nuts- What movie is your avatar from?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Deep Shoat

Quote from: LRrazorback on May 27, 2016, 04:02:50 pm
And their coach was fired and placed on coaching suspension (can't think of what it's called)
IIRC, it's Double Secret Probation.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 27, 2016, 04:40:20 pm
This has been driving me nuts- What movie is your avatar from?
Isn't it Open Range?
All Gas, No Brakes!

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: azhog10 on May 27, 2016, 10:58:41 am
I've read that Ole Miss claimed they were taking away double digit scholarships from football.....how is 9 double digit? Oxford math?

They held up both hands (9 fingers) to visually demonstrate how many scholarships they were going to lose.  Two hands = double digits.

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Paul

Cinco de Hogo

I'm gearing up to be super pissed when Ole Miss beats us out for the 2016 SECW championship and then has to vacate those wins two years later.