EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bkjbearcat

I'll believe it when it finally happens. Some schools are that old cartoon villain that no matter how close the hero is to getting them slip away to cause havoc for another day. Old Miss is Cobra Commander. Just wait, their mask will shoot some gas out of it and the NCAA will have a dumb look on their face thinking I ALMOST GOT THEM!?!?!
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

factchecker

REMEMBER-  These penalties are self-imposed the NCAA has the ability to add more if they feel so.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Vantage 8 dude

factchecker

Quote from: factchecker on May 27, 2016, 10:24:46 am
https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/736214156232167426

Level I: Severe breach of conduct

Violations that seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of the NCAA collegiate model as set forth in the Constitution and bylaws, including any violation that provides or is intended to provide a substantial or extensive recruiting, competitive or other advantage, or a substantial or extensive impermissible benefit.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hog Solo

What is up with them self imposing a post season ban for the women's basketball team but the men's football are allowed to play? 

BR

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/05/27/ole-miss-releases-notice-allegations-response/84969156/ 

There were 28 allegations levied against the school, and athletic director Ross Bjork and chancellor Jeffrey Vitter wrote that "we agree that a violation of NCAA rules occurred; however, for several of those allegations we do not agree on all of the facts. For five of those 27 violations, we believe the violation should be classified different," meaning as a lower level of violation.

There were two Level I violations for academic misconduct, two Level I violations for unethical conduct directed at individuals who were no longer university employees when the violation occurred, seven Level I violations for other misconduct or unethical conduct charges, four Level I violations of improper benefits from boosters and one Level I violation of head coach control in women's basketball.

There were also eight Level II violations and four Level III violations. Level I violations are the most serious, followed by Level II and then Level III.

The self-imposed penalties for football included a disassociation of an organization and four individuals for at least three years; additional rules education for the staff; recruiting suspension for two assistant coaches; a reduction of scholarships and initial grants-in-aid; reductions of recruiting evaluation opportunities, initial and unofficial visits; and a fine of $159,325.

Women's basketball self-imposed penalties included termination of staff members and head coach; postseason ban for 2012-13 academic year; reduction of scholarships; reduction of official visits, recruiting-person days and calls; and prohibition on signing of two year college transfers.

The track and field self-imposed penalties include a "mutually agreed upon resignation of head coach" Bryan O'Neal, additional rules educations for staff members and reduction of official visits and off-campus recruiting days.

There was also a "general" three-year probation.

The football program has appeared in front of the committee on infractions three times.

The committee gave Ole Miss a public reprimand and one year of probation on Oct. 27, 1959, after "a representative of the University's athletic interests solicited the attendance" of a recruit "with the offer and gift of financial aid and equivalent inducements," according to its report.

On Dec. 12, 1986, the committee issued Ole Miss television and postseason bans of one year and placed the program on probation for two years. Ole Miss was also limited to a maximum of 20 initial scholarships in 1987-88 and was allowed to have just eight full-time coaches recruit in 1987 and 1988, among other punishments, for multiple violations.

Ole Miss also received a one-year television ban and a two-year postseason ban and was placed on probation for four years in a case involving multiple violations announced Nov. 17, 1994. Other punishments included receiving a public reprimand, a reduction of 12 initial grants for the 1995-96 and 1996-97 seasons and a loss of 32 total official visits, among other things.

The women's basketball, men's track and field and women's track and field programs haven't had a case presented to the committee on infractions before.

The release comes after the school received the notice of allegations on Jan. 22. Everything would've been released last month, but a third party requested and was granted a 30-day delay, the only one permissible in the process, athletic director Ross Bjork said.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ricepig

Mike Irwin

May 27, 2016, 10:45:05 am #12 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:00:06 am by Mike Irwin
You don't lose a few scholarships over eight major violations. This is serious stuff. Freeze's comments to Finebaum a few days ago is laughable in light of how serious this is.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

https://twitter.com/DanMathewsATL/status/733267818146238466

Hugh Swaggart blatantly lied to recruits and their families assuring them that all the allegations were related to the previous coaching staff. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Hog Solo on May 27, 2016, 10:43:22 am
What is up with them self imposing a post season ban for the women's basketball team but the men's football are allowed to play?

Football = $$$$$
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

southarkhog06

Hog Solo

Quote from: factchecker on May 27, 2016, 10:51:31 am
Football = $$$$$

Right, but if I were the NCAA I would get even more pi$$ed that they treated these two sports inequally.  I hope they bring the hammer.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Hog Solo on May 27, 2016, 10:55:43 am
Right, but if I were the NCAA I would get even more pi$$ed that they treated these two sports inequally.  I hope they bring the hammer.

I agree.  It seems like it would be a Title IX violation to punish women's sports harsher than men's.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

azhog10

Quote from: factchecker on May 27, 2016, 10:28:35 am
https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/736216594397986816

They lose 9 Football scholarship over the next 3 years:  Only can sign 22.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/736209932349890561
I've read that Ole Miss claimed they were taking away double digit scholarships from football.....how is 9 double digit? Oxford math?

Seebs

Baylor, now Ole Miss.  Our recruiting just jumped two spots. If not for Hodor's death this would be a monumental week.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

factchecker

Quote from: azhog10 on May 27, 2016, 10:58:41 am
I've read that Ole Miss claimed they were taking away double digit scholarships from football.....how is 9 double digit? Oxford math?

I think they stated that they have already taken away 2 last year.   All I know is that the NCAA regularly adds more punishment than the self-imposed.   We will see. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

online-with-swine

Remember, this DOES NOT include Tunsil.  Furthermore, the new Tunsil information occurred while under investigation for the other allegations.  Ole Miss is in it deep.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 27, 2016, 10:45:05 am
You don't lose a few scholarships over eight major viloations. This is serious stuff. Freeze's comments to Finebaum a few days ago is laughable in light of how serious this is.
And this doesn't even include Tunsil's draft night confession. Glad to see you on here; I hope you're feeling better. How do you think this turns out?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: azhog10 on May 27, 2016, 10:58:41 am
You have to use Common Core.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Hog Solo

Quote from: Seebs on May 27, 2016, 11:00:43 am
Baylor, now Ole Miss.  Our recruiting just jumped two spots. If not for Hodor's death this would be a monumental week.

If only we could get a gif together of Hodor's final scene with Freeze's head instead.  Doesn't really make sense, but I would laugh.

Wildhog

Their self-imposed sanctions are laughable.  NCAA should hammer the Rebel Black Bears for essentially mocking them.

"Oh, we'll just sign 22/year for the next three years.  Still a top 15 class."
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Seebs

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 11:06:17 am
Their self-imposed sanctions are laughable.  NCAA should hammer the Rebel Black Bears for essentially mocking them.

Only signing 22 players saves the boosters $300K - so I do not see this as a penalty
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

dhizzle

"Although a post‐season ban may be imposed in a Level I -- Mitigated case, the University believes a ban is unnecessary here based upon applicable precedent and because the most serious allegations occurred years ago, involving staff and student‐athletes long‐since separated from the University."

This is laughable. Well of course you believe you shouldn't be banned from post season play.

stevec

All of those violations should be thrown out.  They were sponsored by Jesus.

Wildhog

This has lack of institutional control written all over it, if the NCAA had a sack.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

mckinneyhog5

Crappy state and crappy school...of course they pay players that go there.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bkjbearcat on May 27, 2016, 10:29:27 am
I'll believe it when it finally happens. Some schools are that old cartoon villain that no matter how close the hero is to getting them slip away to cause havoc for another day. Old Miss is Cobra Commander. Just wait, their mask will shoot some gas out of it and the NCAA will have a dumb look on their face thinking I ALMOST GOT THEM!?!?!
why do people say this? It's like they just ignored USC, Ohio State, Tennessee, et al. You guys literally said the exact same darn about all those Blue Blood programs. If Ohio State got the hammer, Ole PISS certainly will. What makes you think anyone will want to protect them?????
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hog Solo on May 27, 2016, 10:43:22 am
Yeah, these 'punishments' are RIDICULOUS!!!! The NCAA should at the very least double them. * level 1 violations and they think 3 schollies and no post season ban will cover it!?!? LMFAO, wow. oh, HELL NO Ole Piss.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ChitownHawg

Quote from: dhizzle on May 27, 2016, 11:20:32 am
"Although a post‐season ban may be imposed in a Level I -- Mitigated case, the University believes a ban is unnecessary here based upon applicable precedent and because the most serious allegations occurred years ago, involving staff and student‐athletes long‐since separated from the University."

This is laughable. Well of course you believe you shouldn't be banned from post season play.

What do you expect their legal team to say? "Guilty as charged. Hang us from the highest tree!"

Now the laughable part will be if the NCAA agrees with them.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Pig in the Pokey

You don't lose a few scholarships over eight major violations. This is serious stuff. Freeze's comments to Finebaum a few days ago is laughable in light of how serious this is.
I totally agree and can't imagine how Bucky Beaver still has a job. I guess it's time for the public uproar to begin and my twitter followers will be getting an earful.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on May 27, 2016, 10:55:50 am
Please put everything on hold while we try to avoid discussing this under oath.
ding ding ding
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Seebs on May 27, 2016, 11:00:43 am
we didn't actually see him die....
@Slackaveli

dhizzle

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 27, 2016, 11:32:12 am
What do you expect their legal team to say? "Guilty as charged. Hang us from the highest tree!"

I guess its the whole thing you know, investigating yourself. I just find it weird. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 11:06:17 am

insane, huh? I mean, we voluntarily did that.(sign 22)
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on May 27, 2016, 11:27:45 am
This has lack of institutional control written all over it, if the NCAA had a sack.
I JUST NOW understood why Mullen has stayed at Miss State. He knew this day would come and you have to believe that Moo St will take over the Magnolia state for a half decade at least now. Damn, those Ole Piss fans right when we lined up for 4th-and 25 were on top of the world. And now this. They fell as fast as the Hogs did in a certain April Fool's joke that wasn't a joke.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 27, 2016, 11:32:12 am

I expect them to not slob their own buttons in the report...
"The University's cooperation with the NCAA throughout this process has been exemplary. In fact, the University self-reported or played a central role in discovering most of the violations.  When employees or student-athletes failed to live up to Ole Miss core values, the University took decisive action, including terminating or disciplining employees and imposing scholarship reductions and recruiting restrictions. " just wow
@Slackaveli

jjdlc

Those self imposed punishments are a joke, much less than what other schools have self imposed for less.  In light of that, the NCAA may come down even harder to make an example of them.

Pig in the Pokey

Nine of the 13 allegations levied against the football program occurred under coach Hugh Freeze, including four Level I violations, two Level II violations and three Level III violations.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Former assistant coaches David Saunders and Chris Vaughn were also named in helping recruits obtain fraudulent ACT scores (Level I violation). Saunders and Vaughn also allegedly lied to or provided false information in investigation, while Saunders communicated with witnesses involved in the investigation after being told not to (Level I violations).
@Slackaveli

PLHawg

Realistically, the NCAA will probably add a couple of scholarships per year to the penalty, say 5 per year for three years.  Maybe a one year post-season ban tops.  Let's face it, the NCAA is an inept, feckless institutution that really no longer cares about reigning in programs.  I do believe that you will see Ole Miss's recruiting classes drop from top 5 just because of the overhang of this whole thing.  I could be wrong, the NCAA may be tired of being mocked and use Ole Miss as an example, but I'll believe it when I see it.

KlubhouseKonnected

9 scholarships over three years... yeah that will teach you. But seriously, what meaningful punishments are you guys self imposing?

Wait you're serious? And you want to count back some of those? Are you drunk?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PLHawg on May 27, 2016, 11:58:26 am
Realistically, the NCAA will probably add a couple of scholarships per year to the penalty, say 5 per year for three years.  Maybe a one year post-season ban tops.  Let's face it, the NCAA is an inept, feckless institutution that really no longer cares about reigning in programs.  I do believe that you will see Ole Miss's recruiting classes drop from top 5 just because of the overhang of this whole thing.  I could be wrong, the NCAA may be tired of being mocked and use Ole Miss as an example, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If they want to make an example Ole Miss and Baylor are good targets from their perspective. Currently high profile enough to get broad notice but not institutions that have been historically prominent or particularly high value in terms of revenue.

But like you, I don't expect much from the NCAA.