Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Art Briles released by Baylor

Started by Lanny, May 26, 2016, 10:44:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Baylor players already tweeting about their soon to be former coach.  Presser at 11am
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Wow. This report that is going to be released is going to be really bad I suspect.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Tejano Jawg

Just heard that. The presser should be interesting. Hopefully the station I'm on with air it.

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

SemperHawg

If even half of the stuff being reported is true it was the right move.

Psychohog

Never smarten up a chump.

cosmodrum

The cynic in my is floored.

He really had to go, but i wasn't going to believe it until I saw it.
Go away, batin'

SemperHawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 26, 2016, 10:52:22 am

I am in the same boat with you...I didn't think they would do it either. 

I wonder what this does for other institutions in a similar situation who are expecting to have a big year?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 26, 2016, 10:52:22 am

This comes at a really bad time of the year.  I'm very concerned for the Baylor football program's future.

Try to say that with a straight face!

Razorbackers

If you're firing a coach just a few hours before a big investigative report into your program is going to be released...yeeeeah....probably not great stuff in those pages.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 26, 2016, 10:55:34 am
Paging Dr Hootie!

Or.... Smiles could help could help out. 😂👍🏻

ADavisTheGOAT

Baylor a complete dumpster fire.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

rljjr

Paging Dr Hootie!

HAHAHAHAHA ... you KNOW he's already got Sexton calling.

scorekeeper

A nice looking group of freshman in the 2016 signing class to poach...
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

LRrazorback

Hopefully The Beaver in Oxford is next

navyhog24

I wonder if we can get Kendrick James now as well, the big TE who is a '17 Baylor commit and his grandma is an associate professor in Fayettefille

Jackrabbit Hog

And to think of all the people on Hogville who were wanting us to hire this sleaze a couple of years ago..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

cosmodrum

Quote from: rljjr on May 26, 2016, 11:08:19 am

Time for some peepa heppin!
Go away, batin'

26.2Hog

Quote from: rljjr on May 26, 2016, 11:08:19 am

What's the over/under on how long it is before Hootie withdraws his name from consideration?

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 26, 2016, 11:11:34 am
And to think of all the people on Hogville who were wanting us to hire this sleaze a couple of years ago..
In their defense, a lot of people wanted Briles a few years ago.  The current times are a different story.

Glad we got who we got.

Atlhogfan1

Herbsteit is going off on them.  Says he has never been as disrespected as he was when he visited a Baylor practice with their bravado and arrogance.  This is Baylor.  They were this way in the SWC.  Dirtiest team on the field in the conference. 

Now they need to clean up their basketball program - again. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 26, 2016, 11:15:59 am
There is one fair question to ask on this point though.  Obviously, Briles knew what was going on but was the system that allowed this happen larger than him?  One suspects so and with that in mind, the entire Baylor administration should be terminated. 

Clean the entire damn house. 
Starting with football, and moving up.

Yes. This is Baylor.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PonderinHog

There is one fair question to ask on this point though.  Obviously, Briles knew what was going on but was the system that allowed this happen larger than him?  One suspects so and with that in mind, the entire Baylor administration should be terminated. 

Sorry, but I gotta do it!

Smokehouse

Wow. I thought Baylor would try to Penn St it and sandbag until the NCAA forced their hand.

Baylor is suddenly very, very invested in keeping the Big 12 together. Assuming the football team takes a step back even without any potential sanctions, with two recent major scandals in football and basketball and no elite teams on campus, no major conference is going to go near them, short of the Texas legislature handcuffing them to UT.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Jackrabbit Hog

Paging Dr Hootie!

Transcript of actual telephone call earlier today:

Baylor AD:  "Hello?"

Caller:  "Hey there.  This is Coach Houston Nu..."

Baylor AD:  "I'm sorry Houston; not interested."

Caller:  "Dang it!  Coaching at Baylor would have been special.  SPECIAL!!"

Baylor AD:  "You may want to check with Kansas.  They suck pretty bad."

Caller:  "Already checked.  They say I'm too good as a television analyst and wouldn't want to derail my budding career there."

Baylor AD:  "They're right.  Well, thanks for calling.  As usual, want us to keep this quiet so you can tell everyone you took your name out of consideration?"

Caller:  "You know the drill boss.  I appreciate it."  (Click)
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Smokehouse

There's no doubt there are more people culpable at Baylor, and also in the Waco police department.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 26, 2016, 11:19:16 am
Transcript of actual telephone call earlier today:

Baylor AD:  "Hello?"

Caller:  "Hey there.  This is Coach Houston Nu..."

Baylor AD:  "I'm sorry Houston; not interested."

Caller:  "Dang it!  Coaching at Baylor would have been special.  SPECIAL!!"

Baylor AD:  "You may want to check with Kansas.  They suck pretty bad."

Caller:  "Already checked.  They say I'm too good as a television analyst and wouldn't want to derail my budding career there."

Baylor AD:  "They're right.  Well, thanks for calling.  As usual, want us to keep this quiet so you can tell everyone you took your name out of consideration?"

Caller:  "You know the drill boss.  I appreciate it."  (Click)
Followed the sound of a commode flushing...

cosmodrum

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 26, 2016, 11:22:00 am
Followed the sound of a commode flushing...

Yet, no sound of the sink...
Go away, batin'

Yamahog

So, the Petrino formula for him? A season at a lesser school, then back to the big leagues? Argh.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: scorekeeper on May 26, 2016, 11:08:46 am
A nice looking group of freshman in the 2016 signing class to poach...
Yeah they signed some really good O-line players that we could use.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Yamahog on May 26, 2016, 11:23:03 am
So, the Petrino formula for him? A season at a lesser school, then back to the big leagues? Argh.

I think it will be harder for him to get back in the game than Petrino.  What Petrino did, he did to himself (and his family).  What Briles appears to have done is far more serious; much more akin to the Joe Paterno situation.

rljjr

Quote from: Yamahog on May 26, 2016, 11:23:03 am

Really depends on the severity and his personal culpability in that report.
Some Bears fans are saying an assistant coach will be named "interim" and that Junior Briles to remain on staff -- FOR NOW.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on May 26, 2016, 11:27:03 am
Really depends on the severity and his personal culpability in that report.
Some Bears fans are saying an assistant coach will be named "interim" and that Junior Briles to remain on staff -- FOR NOW.

https://twitter.com/TreyBiddy/status/735862276746584064

hoglady

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 26, 2016, 11:10:34 am
Art should be the first of many to lose their job at Baylor. 

From the article I read Briles is the only coach to be fired. The DC is now the interim Head Coach, all other staff staying on.
AD has been placed on probation and Starr remains as chancellor but will no longer be President (he had held both positions).

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/reports--baylor-fires-coach-art-briles-154936095.html
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

factchecker

Here is the released information found from investigation by law-firm Pepper Hamilton.  It is 13 pages long.

Pepper Hamilton Findings of Fact Report:

http://www.baylor.edu/rtsv/doc.php/266596.pdf

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Calling All Hogs

Guess we know who Auburn will hire to replace Gus.

GuvHog

Quote from: Karma on May 26, 2016, 10:46:22 am
Wow. This report that is going to be released is going to be really bad I suspect.

Death Penalty coming???
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: factchecker on May 26, 2016, 11:51:29 am
Here is the released information found from investigation by law-firm Pepper Hamilton.  It is 13 pages long.

Pepper Hamilton Findings of Fact Report:

http://www.baylor.edu/rtsv/doc.php/266596.pdf

Not to get ahead of ourselves here, but what's the over/under on how many days before a Title IX federal lawsuit like the one against Tennessee is filed against Baylor?  Seems like the investigatory work has already been done for whatever ambulance-chasing lawyer wants to take it on.  Seems much more credible at this point than the pending UT lawsuit.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: GuvHog on May 26, 2016, 11:53:48 am
Death Penalty coming???

I don't see that happening with them having just opened a $300 million stadium. Well I guess it could be used for tractor pulls.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

At least there wasn't a murder this time. Or at least, that we know of.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hogcard1964

Had to happen.  The man is filthy.

sickboy

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 26, 2016, 12:03:51 pm
At least there wasn't a murder this time. Or at least, that we know of.

I was about to say... don't get ahead of yourself. Nothing would surprise me these days.

Sivad

Jimmy Sexton to secretary: "tell Houston I'm not calling him back."

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogman99

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on May 26, 2016, 11:15:43 am
Herbsteit is going off on them.  Says he has never been as disrespected as he was when he visited a Baylor practice with their bravado and arrogance.  This is Baylor.  They were this way in the SWC.  Dirtiest team on the field in the conference. 

Now they need to clean up their basketball program - again.

I just wish some of these talking heads would make these statements when they actually occur, not when coaches are fired.