Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SMU Lands Arkansas RB Transfer Denzell Evans

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 24, 2016, 08:24:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Good for this young man. I wish him well at SMU.

The Mustangs received LSU wide receiver Trey Quinn in a transfer on Saturday. Late Sunday night, Rivals.com's Adam Grosbard confirmed that Evans would be transferring to SMU to continue his career into the future.

Evans will be graduating from Arkansas later on this year, which means he will be able to play immediately for the Mustangs. He will have two years of eligibility left to play.

http://campussports.net/smu-lands-arkansas-rb-transfer-denzell-evans/
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

Best of Luck to him. He hit the books got a degree and is moving on.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogimusMaximus

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 24, 2016, 08:42:17 am

I agree. I am all for this young man even though things didn't work out for him at Arkansas. Hard worker, got his grades, never in any trouble. i hope he sets the AAC on fire as a RB for SMU.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

SkeeterHawg

Two years of eligibility allows time to finish his Master's while on scholarship.

trphog

I'll root for any young man that goes about things the right way and makes good decisions. Denzell is one of them. Be blessed Mr. Evans.

Mike_e

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on May 24, 2016, 07:25:19 pm
Two years of eligibility allows time to finish his Master's while on scholarship.

A Masters from SMU and the contacts to get a good start in Dallas.  Seems like he's on his way.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

SamBuckhart

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 24, 2016, 08:42:17 am
CBB really liked him. Good luck, DE
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

TXArcher

Good luck Mr. Evans, thanks for the time on the Hill. Congrats on the degree as well.

TheRazorback500

Class all the way. Good luck Denzell.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

oldhawg

Hoping the young man has a good two year run at SMU.  The best of luck to him.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Sportster365

I remember watching some of his hudl highlights and thinking this kid looks like a bowling ball rolling downhill. Was really looking forward to seeing him get some action toting the load for us... definitely doesn't bid well for us losing another RB when we're already thin at that position....

Seebs

BA from Arkansas, Masters from SMU - I'd say this young man has paved a primrose path for himself.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

WilsonHog

A young man who seems to have his head on straight. He is using football to get an education that will set him up for a good career, one that doesn't involve head trauma.

Best wishes to Denzell.

HogimusMaximus

Seebs

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 27, 2016, 11:12:55 am
Is he getting an MBA?

He will graduate from UA wit ha degree and have two years to play at SMU - so I would imagine that is the next step, though I have not read this anywhere. Just what I would do.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Vantage 8 dude

Wish the young man all the best of luck. Good that he was able to get his undergraduate degree from the Hill, something that the staff is very interested and concerned about. He leaves with apparently no ill feelings from either side; a win-win for both sides.

SMU is a very good school even though it's football program is certainly not what it once was. However, in the whole scheme of things the level of your football program isn't everything. Just ask Baylor about that particular issue given recent developments.

ricepig

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2016, 07:16:56 am
Looks like there's been a change in plans..........

https://twitter.com/max3evans/status/739268777397891072

I wish him well. Kansas is a good school just like SMU but he will have a bigger spotlight on him in the Big 12.
Go Hogs Go!