Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will the new class of incoming Hogs include a "surprise" WildHog QB?

Started by WizardofhOgZ, May 19, 2016, 04:48:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Smalltownhog95

With all the trick plays Coach B runs i really want to see the wildhog a few times this year.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

The Wildhog is really a well thought out offense as it should be as Houston Nutt's brother invented it.

lumphog

Murr

Quote from: 12247 on May 19, 2016, 07:16:56 pm
The Wildhog is really a well thought out offense as it should be as Houston Nutt's brother invented it.

Gus?

lasthog

David Lee.

cmphill87

Ever stop to think why it was originally the Wildcat offense? Bill Snyder anyone?? Danny Nutt invented it? Danny wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
-Chrisky

factchecker

QuoteAt least one coach disputes Malzahn's story by claiming prior ownership of the name, and his case is compelling. Hugh Wyatt is an energetic, entrepreneurial 70-year-old Yale graduate who has coached high school Football for 32 years (he is currently coaching in Ocean Shores, Wash.) and has developed a wide following through clinics and the sale of DVDs explaining his double wing offense. In December 1998 Wyatt wrote an article for Scholastic Coach and Athletic Director magazine, describing a direct-snap, double wing formation similar to what Malzahn would install three years later at Springdale. In his article Wyatt suggested to coaches looking for a curveball, You might want to take a look at our "Wildcat" package, and he went on to explain that it was named for the mascot at La Center (Wash.) High, where he was employed at the time. "I believe Gus Malzahn has a selective memory," says Wyatt.

Nonplussed, Malzahn says, "I'm sure I saw it somewhere, but I can't remember where."

http://www.coachwyatt.com/nov08.html
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

cmphill87

-Chrisky

factchecker

Quote from: cmphill87 on May 20, 2016, 03:08:23 pm
Very nice info! I was always sure it was Bill Snyder logically, but wasn't informed until now. Thanks Factchecker

Same here.  Snyder is a crafty coach so I wouldn't have put it past him.  I actually found the article trying to confirm that it was Snyder.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: cmphill87 on May 20, 2016, 11:30:54 am
Ever stop to think why it was originally the Wildcat offense? Bill Snyder anyone?? Danny Nutt invented it? Danny wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
It's called the Wildcat because it was invented by Harding Academy in the early 90's and Gus stole it when he coached at Shiloh.

At least, that's the tinfoil conspiracy theory in Searcy.  ;)

gmarv

thanks wiz for the link. theres also several other articles their about incoming hogs.things like this make the wait for august a little easier.

woodhog14

Quote from: cmphill87 on May 20, 2016, 11:30:54 am

Obviously you missed the sarcasm in that post.

Big Nasty 34

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on May 21, 2016, 03:41:20 pm
Wouldn't it be Peavey for this package?
Peavey isn't a bruising, goal line busting, heavy hitter. I imagine they'll be using Harris the same way that Tebow was used his freshman year. Seems to me that worked pretty well for the Gayturds. It's fun watching CBB develop and expand his offense. He and CDE are a match made in Hog heaven.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DeltaBoy

It would be nice to see the return of the Wild Hog.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on May 21, 2016, 03:41:20 pm
Wouldn't it be Peavey for this package?

Don't you mean Peevy? I wonder what Kniles Davis would have done in the wildcat. Probably 10-12 yard avg per play.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS