Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma Supreme Court rules Mixon tape to be public

Started by ricepig, May 11, 2016, 02:46:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on May 20, 2016, 11:00:26 am
Yes, but it is irrelevant to me.    If it does to you, I guess that is your right.    I am a person who prefers a Pendulum to be in the dead center in most every subject I can think of in life.

I was just taught to treat women right.  It's a new world, I guess.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Luke STYwalker

I agree with you more than you know.    I just feel that allowing one to just slap whoever she is unhappy with is not ok.     But do remember, I stated that I reserve my final judgement till after I've seen the tape.

Luke STYwalker

I wonder would you have been ok if he just slapped her back?

Wildhog

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on May 20, 2016, 11:15:36 am
I agree with you more than you know.    I just feel that allowing one to just slap whoever she is unhappy with is not ok.     But do remember, I stated that I reserve my final judgement till after I've seen the tape.

Hell, I don't care if she PUNCHED him in the face.  A man takes it and walks away from the situation.  He probably deserved to be slapped, anyway.

You don't hit women.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on May 20, 2016, 11:19:28 am
Hell, I don't care if she PUNCHED him in the face.  A man takes it and walks away from the situation.  He probably deserved to be slapped, anyway.

You don't hit women.

It seems such a simple concept, I can't understand why others don't grasp it. Sure, there are circumstances, such as combat, Ronda Rousey, etc, but that's not every day life.

Luke STYwalker

You don't hit women.

You lost me on this part.    You havn't even seen the tape yet.  I havn't either and depending on its contents could change my stance.   But I'm gonna see it before that kind of judgement.    The rest of your statement I just have to agree to walk away disagreeing.   
   Good day.

Wildhog

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on May 20, 2016, 11:26:02 am

You lost me on this part.    You havn't even seen the tape yet.  I havn't either and depending on its contents could change my stance.   But I'm gonna see it before that kind of judgement.    The rest of your statement I just have to agree to walk away disagreeing.   
   Good day.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Luke STYwalker

Wildhog

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on May 20, 2016, 11:29:18 am
and I stand with forest gump on that one!

Took the gif down.  Just realized there's some language in the background that definitely isn't appropriate for MMQB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Luke STYwalker

Almost the big 40.

Quote from: ricepig on May 20, 2016, 11:25:02 am
It seems such a simple concept, I can't understand why others don't grasp it. Sure, there are circumstances, such as combat, Ronda Rousey, etc, but that's not every day life.

I'm pretty sure this is what I'm talking about.   Our differences lie in this area.   Rhonda would be a bad example for me, I just find that too rare of a situation.   But I know a woman in SE Oklahoma that I wish some of you could spend some time around.   The fact that she hasn't had her butt whipped is because of a lot of society's belief that you shouldn't hit a woman.   This belief is what allows her to get away with how she acts.       
Most likely every example of wrong doing towards a woman that you can think of that shapes your stance, I would agree with.

Pig Power

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Luke STYwalker

cosmodrum

My wife knows I'll beat that azz up.

But I'd never hit her.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

jesterzzn

People are conflating legal culpability with common sense and decency.

Maybe, legally, he can argue he was provoked.  Maybe, legally, the difference between striking her once and striking her repeatedly is important.  To be honest, I think, legally, it is and it should be very relevant and important.

However...

Common decency tells me the guy was so far out of bounds that he's not even playing on the same field as the rest of society.  I would not want him on my school's team, and if I were an alum of OU I would be ashamed that he was allowed to remain a part of the team, period.

Pig in the Pokey

You don't hit women.
exactly. Don't even try to reason with the Necks on this one. They are bad people.

If you are such a [CENSORED] that a girl hitting you makes you that upset, well, then, you are a [CENSORED].
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pork Twain

People like to think this is something new, but men abusing women has been around forever.  The difference is that now there are phones and cameras everywhere.  Some men just were not raised right.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PORKED

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on May 20, 2016, 10:40:25 am
Sorry, I just can't agree with most of you.   If she hit him first, then I don't care if he hit her back.   So we are mad because he hits harder than her?   Stupid.   I have never hit a woman, and my wife has never hit me. We have argued as hard as anyone does in a marriage but there is a place her and I both know not to go.       We can not afford as a society to give a woman the right to do whatever she wants because she is generally the weaker gender.  Not gonna fly.  There are more than one out there that I have known that deserved for somebody to punch the crap out of them.     
   I will conceed this.  I have not seen the tape yet.  I will reserve final judgment for then.    Example if she slaps him, then he beats her down, climbs on top and proceeds to pummel her, then I would not be ok with that.   But if it's one hit each.  Sorry, fair is fair. You don't have to take that.   
   All of this said, I really dislike OU and hope for the worst for them and that University.

wow this is an interesting take.  But, I cannot say I disagree with him. It does depend on how it looks and circumstances, but man or woman why should anyone not be able to defend themselves.  Most situations of a woman doing this would result in the man grabbing and or restraining her.  Then what? Would the man still be in the wrong?  Heck no. He would just be defending himself.  Why do you just have to allow anyone to do that to you. There isn't a double standard between sexes.  I would agree that women should be responsible for their actions. As well as be able to use self control in a heated situation. 
Are you tryin to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball??

hoglady

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 20, 2016, 07:57:39 am
. People don't want to hear that because it's a big steaming pile of mysogonistic horse darn. Chivalry is dead and women killed it?  Give me a break. He dislocated the jaw of a female and knocked her out cold and you big men wanna make an excuse.  Give me a break.  Do what real men have done for a long time and walk away. But don't punch her in the face and break her jaw while leaving her unconscious. 

Yep - it's actually pretty simple.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on May 20, 2016, 10:24:42 am
And I don't know for a fact whether his suspension included any of the things you described.  I wouldn't be opposed to anything you described.

But here again, this kid doesn't "beat women" in the sense that it sounds like you are using that phrase.  By all accounts this kid had an exemplary past, and has behaved in an exemplary way since this incident. 

Kids got some anger issues or (anger issues when drinking) - hitting a woman with a closed fist, breaking her jaw and knocking her unconscious because she slapped him isn't acceptable behavior. I'm just saying he needs some help figuring out WHY he reacted in such an extreme way - to make sure it doesn't happen again. If he doesn't address it - odds are it will happen again.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LZH

Quote from: Hawghiggs on May 20, 2016, 05:26:04 am
People don't want to hear that.  They want to believe that chivalry is alive and well. But chivalry is dead and women killed it.  If a women puts herself in that position. Then she has no one to blame but herself.

What? Ayfkm?

Piggfoot

Quote from: hoglady on May 20, 2016, 01:36:15 pm
Kids got some anger issues or (anger issues when drinking) - hitting a woman with a closed fist, breaking her jaw and knocking her unconscious because she slapped him isn't acceptable behavior. I'm just saying he needs some help figuring out WHY he reacted in such an extreme way - to make sure it doesn't happen again. If he doesn't address it - odds are it will happen again.
Do you you think it is appropriate behavior for a woman to call a man over to her table, push him and then slap him? Is it your opinion a woman has a right to verbally abuse a man and slap him and he is supposed to walk away?
This woman was in no manner a lady who deserved to be treated as a lady.

Women are demanding gender equality. They are demanding the right to compete with men on an equal basis in all fields including business, sports, the armed services and others. They can't have it both ways. If equality is what they want then they should not be able to pull the "female card" when the going is tough.

The xrays have not been made public but apparently she suffered a zygomatic fracture. This cheek bone fracture can be severly displaced requiring surgery
or it may be nondisplaced requiring no treatment. It is sometimes called a tripod or quadrapod fracture because it is fractured at the zygomatic arch, the temporozygomatic suture, the infra-orbital rim and the zygomaticomaxillary buttress involving the sinus.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Piggfoot on May 20, 2016, 03:13:04 pm
Do you you think it is appropriate behavior for a woman to call a man over to her table, push him and then slap him? Is it your opinion a woman has a right to verbally abuse a man and slap him and he is supposed to walk away?
This woman was in no manner a lady who deserved to be treated as a lady.

Women are demanding gender equality. They are demanding the right to compete with men on an equal basis in all fields including business, sports, the armed services and others. They can't have it both ways. If equality is what they want then they should not be able to pull the "female card" when the going is tough.

The xrays have not been made public but apparently she suffered a zygomatic fracture. This cheek bone fracture can be severly displaced requiring surgery
or it may be nondisplaced requiring no treatment. It is sometimes called a tripod or quadrapod fracture because it is fractured at the zygomatic arch, the temporozygomatic suture, the infra-orbital rim and the zygomaticomaxillary buttress involving the sinus. A subconjunctival hemorrhage is usually seen with this fracture.

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Wildhog

Quote from: LZH on May 20, 2016, 02:52:07 pm
What? Ayfkm?

Honestly, I'm just glad these people are identifying themselves.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on May 20, 2016, 03:40:00 pm

Lets get drunk tonight, provoke your wife (aka drink her booze) into hitting you, then I get to watch you justifiably beat the liquid out of the mother of your kid.

If we play our cards right, she will have asked for it.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 20, 2016, 03:43:40 pm
Lets get drunk tonight, provoke your wife (aka drink her booze) into hitting you, then I get to watch you justifiably beat the liquid out of the mother of your kid.

If we play our cards right, she will have asked for it.

I need brown water and beer.  Out of everything.

So it's the perfect time to provoke my wife.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on May 20, 2016, 03:48:50 pm
I need brown water and beer.  Out of everything.

So it's the perfect time to provoke my wife.

gyot dam it
Go away, batin'

jesterzzn

Pig in the Pokey

as I understand it she didn't even slap him. she pushed him with 2 hands in the chest, which is usually a "get out of my space" kind of move anyway. It in NO WAY caused him any pain, except in his ego. What I have read in this thread....... Anybody else want to come out themselves?? I want to see how many more PoS there are on here.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

kp72204

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on May 20, 2016, 10:51:35 am
So if your a bigger tougher man than me, I have the right to hit you and you can't do anything about it because your bigger and stronger than me?  Uh no, how bout I just be smart enough to not go there with you.        Common sense has to be included in there somewhere.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would this be an issue if she just avoided him? I don't condone people who issue a challenge then are surprised when its accepted.

Wildhog

Quote from: kp72204 on May 20, 2016, 06:43:06 pm
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would this be an issue if she just avoided him? I don't condone people who issue a challenge then are surprised when its accepted.

Another one.  Freaking Arkansas, I swear.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Pig in the Pokey

presumably, these are the people who'd be defending mixon if he had come to arkansas (which we offered btw).

kp72204

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 20, 2016, 06:53:03 pm
presumably, these are the people who'd be defending mixon if he had come to arkansas (which we offered btw).
I admit i don't know the whole story, my issue is why would you look for trouble. If I know I dislike the person, then what is my purpose of getting their attention? There are those who know just who you are and can find a way to get money. Is she suing him or the university. Is this a ploy to get a hefty settlement? Once again I don't know the specifics but I do know their was no purpose to even involve myself with anyone who I could care less about.

If Caitlyn Jenner slapped you, you'd walk away? She's a women you know!!!

k.c.hawg

When you read through a thread like this and your mouth is hanging open with disbelief and then you realize once again how stupid it is that you don't get peoples perspective in their football and basketball takes. Girl got half of her face broken by a man. Enough said.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Wildhog

Quote from: kp72204 on May 20, 2016, 07:12:30 pm
I admit i don't know the whole story, my issue is why would you look for trouble. If I know I dislike the person, then what is my purpose of getting their attention? There are those who know just who you are and can find a way to get money. Is she suing him or the university. Is this a ploy to get a hefty settlement? Once again I don't know the specifics but I do know their was no purpose to even involve myself with anyone who I could care less about.

If Caitlyn Jenner slapped you, you'd walk away? She's a women you know!!!

My God.
1909/1964/1965/1977

LZH

Quote from: Wildhog on May 20, 2016, 03:40:00 pm

Well put.

I am pretty laid-back, even liberal on a few things here and there. But when it comes to family structure and men's & women's place in this world, I am as Old Testament as anyone. Women are to be subservient to their husbands. Women are the weaker sex. A man is the king of his own castle. And so on and so on. In other words, we are dominant and are charged with such.

But that actually means we are to protect those that are weaker than we, namely our women. So when I hear or read, as in this case, a grown man say something like that I immediately know how to categorize him in my mind.

In the spirit of being cordial and, not to mention, being censored for a week or two, I will just say that guys like that come from families who still laugh at the pull my finger trick.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on May 20, 2016, 07:03:32 pm
This thread makes me want to vote for Trump, and just let whole thing go ahead and topple over.  Our society has fallen so far, I don't think it's correctable at this point.  A lot of people just get off on being anonymously contrarian.  Why, I will never understand.  No reasonable person can think that a college football player has to knock out a woman, in order to "defend" himself.  Wait until you see the tape.  There won't be any defending.  If ESPN runs with it, like I'm sure they will,  Stoops may be done.  College Football is starting to border on downright disgusting, and yet there are still people that trip over themselves to spin everything.

LOL GTFO. No way they are going to fire Stoops for the actions of some stupid football player punching some dumb sloot who was stupid enough to slap a 250lb football player. I mean this girl is on her way to a Darwin award. What an idiot. Stoops will skate just fine. He's a winner.

2 things:

1.) Men should always do thier best to NOT hit a woman unless absolutely necessary. And yes, there are situations that could arise where it would be necessary. The posters in here saying NEVER EVER EVER hit a woman are dumb. Maybe youll be attacted one day by a woman with a knife or baseball bat or frying pan etc, then we'll see what you do.

2.) Any person (man or woman) that is dumb enough to hit another person that could absolutely destroy them physically deserves what they get (This whole "gender equality" witholding double standards pisses me off too, but I digress.) Im not condoning what he did, because he should have walked away, but some women deserve to have the piss beat out of them for the way they act, just like some guys do. I mean you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Maybe drinking through a straw for a couple of weeks will change her attitude a little.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on May 20, 2016, 07:46:44 pm
I feel for the sponsors that signed up without realizing exactly what they are paying for.  Then again I guess it is their fault for not paying attention to what their brand is attached to.

Why assume that? MAYBE they knew exactly what they were signing up for................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Grizzlyfan

Just to be clear I don't fall into the "defending" Mixon camp.  I'm just asking that the story be told accurately and that Mixon be portrayed honestly.  Personally I don't understand the philosophy that the only acceptable punishment is to kick a player off the team just so he can end up at another p5 school, possibly even playing immediately.  Mixon had to sit for a year, pay his way to school, keep his grades and get back on the team.  Maybe even the counseling that HogLady described.  I don't know about that part.  And I'm certain that he's spent a great deal of time with S&C coach Jerry Schmidt. 

Smokehouse

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 20, 2016, 06:53:03 pm

A large portion of the OU fanbase is attempting to justify his actions, just like Ravens fans tried to justify Rice, etc., etc. Just a sad fact that a lot of people would prefer the football team be good than stand against this crap. See also, Baylor, Penn St.

People who were there do claim she started the altercation (or, at least, the vocal part that caused other people to take notice). There was some pushing and possibly the use of a racial slur. At that point it may have been appropriate for him to, I don't know, grab her arms and restrain her until he could separate himself from the situation, or something. His response was more along the lines of your neighbor hitting your kneecap with a sledge hammer because you let your dog crap in his yard. The people trying to make a 1:1 comparison between her use of force and his are asinine.

Local reporters who have seen the tape say it's nearly impossible to watch it and come away feeling Mixon was at all justified to do what he did, but I'm sure if anyone can push the limits of credulity it's football fans. The victim was in Dallas for months getting her face surgically reconstructed afterward.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smokehouse

Quote from: jesterzzn on May 20, 2016, 12:01:02 pm
People are conflating legal culpability with common sense and decency.

Maybe, legally, he can argue he was provoked.  Maybe, legally, the difference between striking her once and striking her repeatedly is important.  To be honest, I think, legally, it is and it should be very relevant and important.

However...

Common decency tells me the guy was so far out of bounds that he's not even playing on the same field as the rest of society.  I would not want him on my school's team, and if I were an alum of OU I would be ashamed that he was allowed to remain a part of the team, period.

In terms of the criminal charges I think Mixon has been cleared precisely because she pushed him first. There is, however, still a good shot she could win a civil case against her, and her legal team is allegedly prepping for that, which is one reason they're fighting so hard to make sure the tape isn't released yet (along with the fact that she probably doesn't want to have that moment of her life replayed on Sportscenter six thousand times).

Honestly, the best case scenario for her, at this point, is probably for this to blow over as much as it can, have Mixon get drafted as high as possible, then file a civil suit that she either wins or reaches a settlement for a large chunk of his first contract.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Tusks

Man U just can't fix stupid and stupid is off and running in this thread.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pig in the Pokey

May 21, 2016, 09:18:45 pm #95 Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:30:47 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: DMACKNOWS on May 21, 2016, 04:58:25 pm
The way I understand it (I could be wrong because I was not there)  he used a homophobic slur toward a friend she was with.  She called him over, words were exchanged,(possibly the use of a racial slur) she pushed/slapped him away, and he knocked her out.  I have read comments from people who claim to have been there that he started the initial interaction from across the room.  I have also read it started elsewhere.  Either way, it doesn't seem to those claiming to be present that she called him over unprovoked.  He had plenty of chances to walk away, not engage, or not instigate it in the first place.
interesting. NOW let's see those same redneck posters change their tunes. (hint, rednecks. The racial slur was directed at a paleface).

kp72204

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on May 20, 2016, 07:46:44 pm
Lol just look at this fellas avatar.  All you need to know. 

This board has gone off the deep end.  You can't say DVH made a bad decision without getting banned in the baseball forum.  Anderson is either the greatest thing to ever happen to us, or the worst the coach in the history of mankind.  MMQB allows everything from arguments condoning hitting women, to blatant homophobia.  I feel for the sponsors that signed up without realizing exactly what they are paying for.  Then again I guess it is their fault for not paying attention to what their brand is attached to.
OUCH!!! my avatar was a pic of my son and a potential football recruit( Kweishi Brown) that noticed my Razorback shirt. He never made it to campus though. Please elaborate on my avatar. I never thought he should put his hands on her, but with everything that's been taking place with domestic violence and altercations, why would you put yourself in that position?  However, I'm really interested in your issues with my avatar!

mckinneyhog5

So, if a kid comes up and kicks you in the leg, just knock them out.  Hell, why didn't he just shoot her?  I mean she did slap him. Dude doesn't need to be rewarded for this behavior but I'm sure Oklahoma will rehabilitate him.  :puke:
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Axlehog

When I read or hear of a story about a piece of trash man beating a woman or a child, I think, "Where do these [censored] come from?" After reading this thread, I now know.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: kp72204 on May 21, 2016, 09:43:30 pm
OUCH!!! my avatar was a pic of my son and a potential football recruit( Kweishi Brown) that noticed my Razorback shirt. He never made it to campus though. Please elaborate on my avatar. I never thought he should put his hands on her, but with everything that's been taking place with domestic violence and altercations, why would you put yourself in that position?  However, I'm really interested in your issues with my avatar!
i agree the avatar comments seems,...... let's just say odd.

I also feel u a little bit b/c i also teach my daughte not to provoke dudes physically ever. I also teach my boys that it is never ever ok to put your hands on a girl in a violent way for any reason. Even if they are beating your ass, just don't fight them. there is nothing to gain or prove from it at all.