Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma Supreme Court rules Mixon tape to be public

Started by ricepig, May 11, 2016, 02:46:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 25, 2016, 01:01:36 pm
check this out, though.
http://www.vice.com/read/america-incarcerated-0000765-v22n10?utm_source=vicefbus&utm_campaign=global

Interesting treatise on what's wrong  ---- but nothing said about how to fix the problem(s).  People tend to turn a deaf ear to constantly hearing about what's wrong with America, unless solutions are also presented; and just arbitrarily releasing people from prison is not a solution.

kp72204

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 23, 2016, 11:38:42 am
Ok, bro I have never done anything in my entire life that I could be charged with a felony, and trust me I am no boyscout. You don't get tagged with a felony for smoking something unless you have enough of it to get charged with intent. How hard is it not to steal? I grew up eating butter/sugar sandwiches for snacks because little debbies were out of our price range, and I never stole not one thing in my life.

So yea I stand by my statement that it isn't hard to not be a felon. Is life fair? no its not nor has it ever been.
You're a better man than me. I toasted the bread and then put the sugar on top. Occasionally i'll do it cause it still taste good, but i refuse to make syrup sandwiches anymore.

kp72204

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 23, 2016, 11:50:15 am
it is a lot easier for a white guy, man. you KNOW THAT
Truth!!!!! However, we're not going to solve any problems or change any minds here. Best to try and stay on topic.

sickboy

They should both get assault. His is obviously to a more severe degree and should be punished more severely, but they're both morons who chose to physically escalate a verbal altercation. 90% of human beings can have a verbal altercation without using physicality. Both of these morons should have walked away.

wildhogman

I'll just say this. If anyone posting in this thread had done to a woman what Mixon did, they would be looking at prison time. They would most definitely have a domestic dispute charge against them. A second one of those is prison time.  The fact that he punched her and then took off tells me he knew he was in the wrong.  You guys discuss wether he should play  or not all you want to.. I wanna know why the guy isn't in jail.  And yeah, I been hit by a woman before. Even had to restrain one or two. But I never felt the need to punch one.  And never took a blow from one that caused any harm lol.  No excuse for coldcocking a woman like that. NONE

kodiakisland

Looks like he entered the place to confront her.  No self defense to that.  Probably would be in jail if he wasn't talented on the field.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hoglady

The worst part about the whole episode was he didn't seem the least bit concerned about her well-being.
There was no reason for what he did - probably not the first time he's hit a woman.
I will add - that woman is a moron of the highest order.
One of those women who thinks they can get physical with no consequences.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality