Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McKinney Texas To Build $62.8 Million Dollar Stadium

Started by Hawgzinbowlz, May 09, 2016, 07:00:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ahogintexas

Might have missed a post or 2, but what about Frisco ? Another fast growing northern city of Dallas and is now calling the new Dallas Cowboys practice/office their Home field. And by they way it is an enclosed facility.  Texas HS football is a serious business .

ahogintexas

3500 is at the bottom of 6A classification . ex: All the Plano schools are 6000+

Gonzo

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 18, 2016, 10:10:42 pm
no, its downright ignorant as I think the teacher to student ratio is astronomical...  further Houston ISD, Dallas ISD, Ft Worth ISD for sure have some of the worst ranked schools in the state...... which is why, many pay the price for private school or hit the road and move to suburbs like Plano, McKinney, Frisco, etc...

DFW parents aren't moving to the suburbs so their kids can go to smaller schools, most of the Dallas and Ft. Worth schools aren't in the largest UIL classification, while many of the suburb schools you're talking about are.

Go Hogs!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Gonzo on May 18, 2016, 10:49:42 pm
DFW parents aren't moving to the suburbs so their kids can go to smaller schools, most of the Dallas and Ft. Worth schools aren't in the largest UIL classification, while many of the suburb schools you're talking about are.

Go Hogs!

You don't read much do you? !  I didn't say that was the reason did I?  I said "worst ranked schools" was the big reason.  I know this for a fact because myself and many I know didn't enroll our kids in DISD because of that.  This was one of the reasons I ultimately moved out of Dallas.  Nowhere in my post did I make a claim that folks are moving to suburbs due to school size...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Inhogswetrust

no, its downright ignorant as I think the teacher to student ratio is astronomical...  further Houston ISD, Dallas ISD, Ft Worth ISD for sure have some of the worst ranked schools in the state...... which is why, many pay the price for private school or hit the road and move to suburbs like Plano, McKinney, Frisco, etc...

Over the years one of the biggest reasons for suburbs growth.........................bad schools where people moved from.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ImHogginIt

Allen HS has a 19:1 ratio. 40% of the student body take AP classes. We're doing a damn good job here but all some outsiders can do is raise eyebrows over a football stadium  ;D

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ahogintexas on May 18, 2016, 10:47:40 pm
3500 is at the bottom of 6A classification . ex: All the Plano schools are 6000+

The three Plano high schools average 2500 to 3000 students. Allen I believe is about the largest in state at 4400.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 19, 2016, 06:34:53 am
Allen HS has a 19:1 ratio. 40% of the student body take AP classes. We're doing a damn good job here but all some outsiders can do is raise eyebrows over a football stadium  ;D

Allen, McKinney, Plano, etc. are all considered exemplary public school systems..... DISD, FWISD, etc. are simply dysfunctional and have been in a state of chaos for at least 35 years...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 19, 2016, 06:45:27 am
Allen, McKinney, Plano, etc. are all considered exemplary public school systems..... DISD, FWISD, etc. are simply dysfunctional and have been in a state of chaos for at least 35 years...

Why did you switch subjects ? Thread is about McKinney and Allen spending astronomical amounts on football stadiums at the expense of education. Has nothing to do with those districts  ;D

Inhogswetrust

May 19, 2016, 07:08:36 am #159 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:32:06 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 19, 2016, 06:50:39 am
Why did you switch subjects ? Thread is about McKinney and Allen spending astronomical amounts on football stadiums at the expense of education. Has nothing to do with those districts  ;D

It appears they are not building a stadium at the expense of education. From what I've gathered they do a damn good job of educating. Can those other districts spend on athletics like these are doing and still educate? Are they even doing a good job educating? I think bringing up other districts in the same state and what they may or may not be experiencing is relevant.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 19, 2016, 07:08:36 am
It appears they are not building a stadium at the expense of education. From what I've gathered they do a damn good job of educating. Can those other districts spend on athletics like these are doing and still educate? Are they even dong a good job educating? I think bringing up other districts in the same state and what they may or may not be experiencing is relevant.

Actually the original line of thinking by outsiders in this thread was blasting McKinney and even Allen for spending large amounts on stadiums at the expense of education which isn't true

Inhogswetrust

May 19, 2016, 07:31:30 am #161 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:50:28 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 19, 2016, 07:23:05 am
Actually the original line of thinking by outsiders in this thread was blasting McKinney and even Allen for spending large amounts on stadiums at the expense of education which isn't true

I was one of those that would have blasted but had the caveat of having good academics first. They appear to have good schools which to me should always be the top priority. No problem with them also wanting good athletics. Just keep it in perspective.

Gonzo

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 19, 2016, 05:11:03 am
You don't read much do you? !  I didn't say that was the reason did I?  I said "worst ranked schools" was the big reason.  I know this for a fact because myself and many I know didn't enroll our kids in DISD because of that.  This was one of the reasons I ultimately moved out of Dallas.  Nowhere in my post did I make a claim that folks are moving to suburbs due to school size...

I read just fine, thanks. You cited both reasons in your post.

Go Hogs!

DeltaBoy

The Schools in Question are some of the Best in DFW.  They have the tax base to support that kind of spending.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Gonzo on May 19, 2016, 07:39:52 am
I read just fine, thanks. You cited both reasons in your post.

Go Hogs!

Fine... we'll agree to disagree.    I think you have reading comprehension issues....

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 19, 2016, 09:17:06 am
Fine... we'll agree to disagree.    I think you have reading comprehension issues....

Get better!!

ahogintexas

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 19, 2016, 06:40:43 am
The three Plano high schools average 2500 to 3000 students. Allen I believe is about the largest in state at 4400.

I give you that the Plano HS are just 11 and 12 grade, where they use the feeders for 9-10 and maybe that is where you get the lower number.  I was going off UIL numbers for classification and my guess was a few hundred off. I copied from UIL Tx website the top 10 HS in TX the number are from 9-12 grades

http://www.utexas.edu/uil/
( Rank Order pdf)

2016-18
Allen 6380
Plano   West 5648
Plano 5479.5
Plano   East 5329.5
Dallas Skyline 4733
Galena Park North Shore 4619
Laredo United 4412.5
Lewisville 4379
Conroe The Woodlands 4280
Duncanville 4258

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Quick question: What are the public schools in Arkansas serious about? Academics? Athletics? Both? Neither? Just curious, and not being sarcastic. Personally I think if the local folks vote "yes" for any project regardless of whether or not it`s for athletics or academics, then go for it. At least it creates some excitement, and talk. The High School here in Bartlett TN is an absolute dump, but our academics are tremendous. Our athletic programs all suck except baseball. The buildings are anywhere from 40-80+ years old. Our football workout room actually has a "dirt" room attached to the workout area that is actually a dirt room and stinks like one. If Bartlett would pass a millage or any type of additional property tax to build a nice new school and athletic facilities I would be the first one in line to vote yes, and my kids are now done with the public system. I believe when these kids have a nice place to study, and workout/play it makes them more proud, and helps them work harder.
I say good for Allen, McKinney, Katy, Frisco and any other system that wants to do this.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on May 19, 2016, 08:45:45 pm
Quick question: What are the public schools in Arkansas serious about? Academics? Athletics? Both? Neither? Just curious, and not being sarcastic. Personally I think if the local folks vote "yes" for any project regardless of whether or not it`s for athletics or academics, then go for it. At least it creates some excitement, and talk. The High School here in Bartlett TN is an absolute dump, but our academics are tremendous. Our athletic programs all suck except baseball. The buildings are anywhere from 40-80+ years old. Our football workout room actually has a "dirt" room attached to the workout area that is actually a dirt room and stinks like one. If Bartlett would pass a millage or any type of additional property tax to build a nice new school and athletic facilities I would be the first one in line to vote yes, and my kids are now done with the public system. I believe when these kids have a nice place to study, and workout/play it makes them more proud, and helps them work harder.
I say good for Allen, McKinney, Katy, Frisco and any other system that wants to do this.
Only answer I can give you is new schools. They are everywhere up here. Even the small towns like Lincoln, Siloam Springs, etc have big, brand new schools. Fayetteville High just finished an enormous $100 million renovation. How good the academics and football are is up for debate but the building is top notch lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ahogintexas on May 19, 2016, 07:14:32 pm
I give you that the Plano HS are just 11 and 12 grade, where they use the feeders for 9-10 and maybe that is where you get the lower number.  I was going off UIL numbers for classification and my guess was a few hundred off. I copied from UIL Tx website the top 10 HS in TX the number are from 9-12 grades

http://www.utexas.edu/uil/
( Rank Order pdf)

2016-18
Allen 6380
Plano   West 5648
Plano 5479.5
Plano   East 5329.5
Dallas Skyline 4733
Galena Park North Shore 4619
Laredo United 4412.5
Lewisville 4379
Conroe The Woodlands 4280
Duncanville 4258

Frick your link. Allen HS enrollment per Allen ISD link is 4700.  :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :razorback: ;D :D

http://www.allenisd.org/domain/66

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 19, 2016, 09:36:32 pm
Frick your link. Allen HS enrollment per Allen ISD link is 4700.  :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :razorback: ;D :D

http://www.allenisd.org/domain/66

If you add the enrollment from the freshman center (grade 9) and the high school (grades 10-12) enrollment from your link, the total is 6407.   Both tables pretty much are in agreement....

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 19, 2016, 06:34:53 am

What most people don't realize is the financial resources available to a Dallas suburb school versus a central Arkansas school.  It's not an apples to apples discussion.  Dallas metro area has double the population of the entire state of Arkansas, and all that population generates revenue that - directly or indirectly - funds schools at a level that Arkansas schools have never seen (or ever will see).  This pushes the "what we can afford" number up. 

If 4 in 10 students in Allen are in AP, then athletics is not the only thing that is being funded at that school.  THAT is a statistic that is amazing, way more noteworthy than the cost of a football stadium. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 20, 2016, 05:41:25 am
If you add the enrollment from the freshman center (grade 9) and the high school (grades 10-12) enrollment from your link, the total is 6407.   Both tables pretty much are in agreement....

It is a separate school blocks away from Allen High School and not considered Allen High School.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2016, 12:40:40 pm
It is a separate school blocks away from Allen High School and not considered Allen High School.

The state website numbers were for grades 9-12, whereas the Allen ISD numbers were only for grades 10-12.  I was merely trying to clarify the discrepancy you had a woody for.    Go pull some weeds or something......

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 20, 2016, 12:45:53 pm
The state website numbers were for grades 9-12, whereas the Allen ISD numbers were only for grades 10-12.  I was merely trying to clarify the discrepancy you had a woody for.    Go pull some weeds or something......

Accuracy is important to some of us. ahogintexas originally was saying all Plano high schools were each over 5000 which was way off.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2016, 01:55:55 pm
Accuracy is important to some of us. ahogintexas originally was saying all Plano high schools were each over 5000 which was way off.

Well, you need to put the measurements of the chick in your avatar below the avatar then..... and make it bigger...  ;)

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 20, 2016, 02:10:22 pm
Well, you need to put the measurements of the chick in your avatar below the avatar then..... and make it bigger...  ;)

Wonder what she looks like in 2016 ? That is from some documentary from about 1997

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 20, 2016, 02:13:23 pm
Wonder what she looks like in 2016 ? That is from some documentary from about 1997

That's a long time ago.........I bet her waist measurements now include what used to be her bust measurements.................................

Soooie21

I live about a mile from the site....and around 4 miles from the Allen Stadium...

Ash

Well Lake Hamilton just dropped $16m on a basketball arena.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 19, 2016, 08:25:29 am
The Schools in Question are some of the Best in DFW.  They have the tax base to support that kind of spending.
Which to ME is the problem. It is legal segregation. The fact that you can afford the stadium while the inner city schools rot IS THE POINT. Dirty, unfair, rotten system created by 'white flight' and everyone knows it. BUT, most actually enjoy the fact deep in their hearts that the black school is trash but the suburb school is prosperous. I know nobody in here made that decision, but that is the elephant in the room here. People who follow Texas politics already know this for sure.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Inhogswetrust

Woo there. A little perspective on the Bartlett and other schools no longer in the Shelby County/Memphis school district is in order. I also live in Bartlett. The suburbs in Shelby County that were in the county school district not too long ago have ALL  passed new taxes just to form their own independent schools separate from Shelby/Memphis schools. Eerily similar to what happened with Jacksonville and North Pulaski in Arkansas. The REASON those schools like Bartlett were and are still in bad shape physically is the past. ShelbyCounty/Memphis schools had huge funding issues well as oversight and things were not taken care of like they should have been just like in a lot of school districts. There was always so much "crap" going on with schools in the county that the State of Tennessee finally after years of trying, approved it so cities could vote on having separate schools. That took awhile and all of them in Shelby voted yes to "secede" from the county/Memphis school system. That vote included higher taxes in the suburbs. They will eventually build a new high school as well as others and the other suburbs will at some point but Rome wasn't built in a day and things take time. I know that Lakeland is now building a new Middle School on Canada Road. There are a million things that have to be done when such large projects like starting a brand new school system is done. Patience my friend. I'd bet a new millage will be done very soon within the next few voting cycles for "physical" attributes and the new suburban school districts. Don't blame Bartlett for the problems they inherited fro Shelby/ Memphis schools. Blame Shelby/Memphis schools. Bartlett and it's Mayor were leaders in the suburban schools finally getting to break away. I know some people in our neighborhood that moved to Bartlett from Memphis simply for the schools after they got their own district.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 23, 2016, 11:34:20 am
Woo there. A little perspective on the Bartlett and other schools no longer in the Shelby County/Memphis school district is in order. I also live in Bartlett. The suburbs in Shelby County that were in the county school district not too long ago have ALL  passed new taxes just to form their own independent schools separate from Shelby/Memphis schools. Eerily similar to what happened with Jacksonville and North Pulaski in Arkansas. The REASON those schools like Bartlett were and are still in bad shape physically is the past. ShelbyCounty/Memphis schools had a huge funding problem and things were not taken care of like they should have been just like in a lot of school districts. There was always so much "crap" going on with schools in the county that the State  of Tennessee finally after years of trying, approved it so cities could vote on having separate schools. That took awhile and all of them in Shelby voted yes to "secede" from the county/Memphis school system. That vote included higher taxes in the suburbs. They will eventually build a new high school as well as others and the other suburbs will at some point but Rome wasn't built in a day and things take time. I know that Lakeland is now building a new Middle School on Canada Road. There are a million things that have to be done when such large projects like starting a brand new school system is done. Patience my friend. I'd bet a new millage will be done very soon within the next few voting cycles for "physical" attributes and the new suburban school districts. Don't blame Bartlett for the problems they inherited fro Shelby/ Memphis schools. Blame Shelby/Memphis schools. Bartlett and it's Mayor were leaders in the suburban schools finally getting to break away. I know some people in our neighborhood that moved to Bartlett from Memphis simply for the schools after they got their own district.
again, school districts should not be funded on the local level. Legal discrimination. It will end one day.
@Slackaveli

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 23, 2016, 11:36:34 am
again, school districts should not be funded on the local level. Legal discrimination. It will end one day.

Maybe so but that would take some major risk on the part of some politicians and they don't like taking unnecessary risk if they want to get reelected which for most is their primary concern. As far as legal discrimination that's false since nobody is forced to live in a specific school district. Is it difficult for some to move elsewhere where there is better schools then yes that's true. However some don't want to move no matter what. As far as funding locally is concerned a lot of things are. If a locality wants to fund schools with more taxes than a "minimum" that's their perogative.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 23, 2016, 11:42:16 am
Maybe so but that would take some major risk on the part of some politicians and they don't like taking unnecessary risk if they want to get reelected which for most is their primary concern. As far as legal discrimination that's false since nobody is forced to live in a specific school district. Is it difficult for some to move elsewhere where there is better schools then yes that's true. However some don't want to move no matter what. As far as funding locally is concerned a lot of things are. If a locality wants to fund schools with more taxes than a "minimum" that's their prerogative.
white flight, man. Black inner city kids can't afford 'black flight'. I know you are a good dude, I'm just saying.... that's a disingenuous argument and you know it. It will be a fight and maybe it won't happen , but, progressives are getting their mojo back and we'll handle crap like this one issue at a time.
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 23, 2016, 11:48:03 am
white flight, man. Black inner city kids can't afford 'black flight'. I know you are a good dude, I'm just saying.... that's a disingenuous argument and you know it. It will be a fight and maybe it won't happen , but, progressives are getting their mojo back and we'll handle crap like this one issue at a time.

So......you're saying some more attorneys are going to get rich, typical.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on May 23, 2016, 11:50:50 am
So......you're saying some more attorneys are going to get rich, typical.
i hate that part. But, c'mon. Schools should be funded at the top, not the bottom.
@Slackaveli

Inhogswetrust

How do homeless people "afford" to move to Santa Monica?  It has a huge population of homeless people yet they all didn't grow up there and one their job there. Yes white flight has happened over the years, that is a proven but blacks are moving to the suburbs. P.S. My daughter is a school phycologist for a Charter school company in an inner city neighborhood for Memphis. I know what she has to deal with daily. For those that it is difficult to go to schools in the suburbs there are options available if and when the parents are involved.   

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 23, 2016, 11:53:32 am
i hate that part. But, c'mon. Schools should be funded at the top, not the bottom.

They are partially funded at the top. Just like roads and other things.........................

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 23, 2016, 11:57:56 am
How do homeless people "afford" to move to Santa Monica?  It has a huge population of homeless people yet they all didn't grow up there and one their job there. Yes white flight has happened over the years, that is a proven but blacks are moving to the suburbs. P.S. My daughter is a school phycologist for a Charter school company in an inner city neighborhood for Memphis. I know what she has to deal with daily. For those that it is difficult to go to schools in the suburbs there are options available if and when the parents are involved.
homeless people arent parents with custody of their kids, man/ not all blacks are poor. I know, it's true!

It is a left-over of old racist minded laws, jim crow, segregation. That isn't a fairy-tale, it happened. And this will change, too, because it discriminates against poorer americans in favor of white communities. Just watch and see. It is another side effect of income inequality. No society can flourish with such inequality. It always ends in rot or revolution.

Now, if 1%-ers wake up and push for a middle-out economy and admit trickle down fails, well, then maybe this system could work. But wages have to go waaaay up soon or it will be too late.

Anyway, I'm almost derailing with this and I'm sure somebody will get all pissed so I'm gonna duck out.
@Slackaveli

jesterzzn

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 10, 2016, 08:52:06 am
http://footballscoop.com/news/how-much-d...s-coaches/

1. Gary Joseph, Katy – $132,011 [Texas]
2. Donald Clayton, Katy Cinco Ranch – $127,011  [Texas]
3. Charles Meadows, Katy Morton Ranch – $121,011  [Texas]
4. Anthony Tademy, Katy Tompkins – $114,957  [Texas]
5. Lydell Wilson, Katy Seven Lakes – $113,602  [Texas]
6. Richard Carson, The Woodlands College Park – $111,418  [Texas]
7. Hiram Walker, Conroe – $111,418  [Texas]
8. Mark Schmid, The Woodlands – $110,317  [Texas]
9. Bill Barron, Alief Elsik – $110,212  [Texas]
10. James Rabe, Katy Mayde Creek – $107,850  [Texas]
11. Dereck Rush, Conroe Oak Ridge – $107,773  [Texas]
12. Steven Svendsen, Caney Creek – $105,400  [Texas]
13. Dennis Brantley, Fort Bend Elkins – $103,014  [Texas]
14. Daniel Schreiber, Fort Bend Austin – $101,922  [Texas]
15. Kerry Bamberg, Aldine Eisenhower – $99,651  [Texas]
16. Jeffery Ganske, Pasadena – $99,647  [Texas]
17. David Martel, Alief Hastings – $99,130  [Texas]
18. David Smith, Klein Oak – $98,974  [Texas]
19. J.D. Jordan, Alief Taylor – $98,634  [Texas]
20. James Showers, Aldine Davis – $98,2650  [Texas]

In all seriousness, considering all that those coaches do and the hours it takes them to do it, I wouldn't take any of those jobs for that amount of money.

I don't make as much as the lowest person on that list, but I know how my workload (i'm posting online at noon after all) and stress level compares to theirs, and the raise just wouldn't be worth it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jesterzzn on May 23, 2016, 12:11:40 pm
In all seriousness, considering all that those coaches do and the hours it takes them to do it, I wouldn't take any of those jobs for that amount of money.

I don't make as much as the lowest person on that list, but I know how my workload (i'm posting online at noon after all) and stress level compares to theirs, and the raise just wouldn't be worth it.
I feel you. Money isn't the only factor in quality of life. All told I make half that but I have waaaay more time with my family and get to be much more involved in my kids' lives.
@Slackaveli

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 23, 2016, 12:00:50 pm
homeless people arent parents with custody of their kids, man/ not all blacks are poor. I know, it's true!

It is a left-over of old racist minded laws, jim crow, segregation. That isn't a fairy-tale, it happened. And this will change, too, because it discriminates against poorer americans in favor of white communities. Just watch and see. It is another side effect of income inequality. No society can flourish with such inequality. It always ends in rot or revolution.

Now, if 1%-ers wake up and push for a middle-out economy and admit trickle down fails, well, then maybe this system could work. But wages have to go waaaay up soon or it will be too late.

Anyway, I'm almost derailing with this and I'm sure somebody will get all pissed so I'm gonna duck out.

You must not read the news.........SOME kids do live on the streets with a parent. If you do not believe me ask my daughter which has had to deal with them in her school in Memphis. Not all of any racial demographic is poor OR rich. Yes Jim Crow happened. So did a lot of other bad things. We shouldn't forget the past but we shouldn't say things haven't improved overall either and continue to work to strive for equality. Some bad things still are happening. Yes there is income inequality. However that doesn't mean that poor inner city kids don't have an opportunity to overcome it through schools even in the inner cities. I know my daughters school has kindergarten classes and each class is required to adopt a college to plant the seed in their minds starting at an early age that they CAN go to college. I've seen it first hand. All of that being said there always will be rich people and poor people. The best thing is to continue to work to make sure the reasons are not things such as race. 

ImHogginIt

Yeah right. I've been a democrat for 25 years and one thing I know for certain is you can only do so much to help people. At some point they have to do some of the heavy lifting. Some people won't do a damn thing to help themselves.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 23, 2016, 05:11:45 pm
Yeah right. I've been a democrat for 25 years and one thing I know for certain is you can only do so much to help people. At some point they have to do some of the heavy lifting. Some people won't do a damn thing to help themselves.
of course some won't but that doesn't mean you leave the others behind. There are millions of good hard working people who live shittier lives because of the wage inequality. Basically, thousands of working people get stiffed out of necessary money so an executive can get even more billions on his bonus check. It is an outrage.
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 23, 2016, 09:13:01 pm
of course some won't but that doesn't mean you leave the others behind. There are millions of good hard working people who live shittier lives because of the wage inequality. Basically, thousands of working people get stiffed out of necessary money so an executive can get even more billions on his bonus check. It is an outrage.

I think you're in the wrong forum Pokey.......

DLUXHOG

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on May 23, 2016, 09:25:18 pm
I think you're in the wrong forum Pokey.......
I didn't create the thread.
Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on May 20, 2016, 09:15:20 am
What most people don't realize is the financial resources available to a Dallas suburb school versus a central Arkansas school.  It's not an apples to apples discussion.  Dallas metro area has double the population of the entire state of Arkansas, and all that population generates revenue that - directly or indirectly - funds schools at a level that Arkansas schools have never seen (or ever will see).  This pushes the "what we can afford" number up. 

If 4 in 10 students in Allen are in AP, then athletics is not the only thing that is being funded at that school.  THAT is a statistic that is amazing, way more noteworthy than the cost of a football stadium. 
for instance, this post. It's why my posts are relevant.
@Slackaveli

DeltaBoy

Matt 26:11 states as FACT we will always have Poor People regardless of how much money we throw at it.
Texas School funding is in a bit better shape than Ark cause we have a broader tax base to draw from.  Plus folks down here rarely tell the district no when it comes to building and selling Bonds.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Texman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 10, 2016, 07:05:36 am
Having been a former bandie I would bet that is the total number of students in the whole band  "program" not in the high school marching band that marches at high school games. Heck Cabot, AR has 300 band students approximately I'm told but not that many that march for the high school. A family member is one of the Band Directors there. They have several directors also. I can't remember the exact number of Directors but I think it is seven. There isAc a small number of high schools that put emphasis on bands in Arkansas. Cabot is one of them.
[/quote
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 10, 2016, 07:05:36 am
Having been a former bandie I would bet that is the total number of students in the whole band  "program" not in the high school marching band that marches at high school games. Heck Cabot, AR has 300 band students approximately I'm told but not that many that march for the high school. A family member is one of the Band Directors there. They have several directors also. I can't remember the exact number of Directors but I think it is seven. There is a small number of high schools that put emphasis on bands in Arkansas. Cabot is one of them.
Actually, the band is over 900 and that includes the majorettes and others.  Over 100 have to sit every Friday night.  They have to try out and earn their spot each week.  It takes 22 busses and 3 semis to get the band 15 minutes up the road to a game at McKinney.