Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a petition has been started to add 20,000 seats to WMS via petitionspot.

Started by dsims2k3, August 18, 2010, 10:42:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 03:48:42 pm
Why would I want my tax dollars wasted like that?

LOL.  Your tax dollars are pretty much going to be wasted however the government decides to spend them.

rljjr

Quote from: maumellebyrd on August 19, 2010, 11:38:03 am

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, there's just so much more room on Markham for people and parking than there is at the UA.  UA SUCKS for parking.  SUCKS.

Yeah, but there are no ESPN gameday highlights of the "Park of the Day"

aristotle

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 03:43:53 pm
Slice it, dice it, wrap it, put it on a pole and wave it - whatever and however you package it, the bottom line is you are a "Hog fan" in NWA that won't drive to LR to support the Hogs in person.  That's all I ever said.  You agreed with it.  Period - end of story.

You're the fan of convenience. Your convenience apparently means more than building the program to it's maximum potential. This is typical of pro-WMS advocates. You hear tradition, golf-course tailgaiting, etc. But when you show them how it is bad for the program overall,  it doesn't seem to bother them one bit.

Maybe we should play Rice and SMU again. Of course, that would hurt our RPI and we'd have nothing to gain by doing it...but what the hell...tradition right?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PianoMo on August 19, 2010, 03:49:28 pm
I havent read this thread, and I wont, but is there a petition to tear down WMS? PM me. :)

I don't think there is a real petition on either side of this issue.  It's just been a few days since a GSD thread was put up.

wholehog92

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 01:12:54 pm
Nope games played in Arlington Nat'l weren't instrumental in building the Hog program to the level it is now.  WMS was.

I do honestly believe that games played there call attention to the Arkansans who paid the ultimate price.  There's a Vietnam War Memorial on the grounds of the State Capitol.  It's been there for quite a few years.  On any trips to Little Rock how many times have you gone to see it?
I take my son for a trip every time we go to Children's.  If my daughter is with us, she goes as well.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

99toLife

As someone posted earlier you don't hear fans of teams like Nebraska whining about playing home games off campus so they won't have to drive so far...and they have sold out every home game since 1962 that's 48 YEARS in a row...They travel to the games from all over Nebraska and make it an event....WMS is not the home of the Razorbacks, I can't believe how many apparently lazy and or poor hog fans there are, save your pennies and support your Hogs on their own turf and forget about that dump in little rock....

GolfnHog

Quote from: aristotle on August 19, 2010, 03:51:27 pm
You're the fan of convenience. Your convenience apparently means more than building the program to it's maximum potential. This is typical of pro-WMS advocates. You hear tradition, golf-course tailgaiting, etc. But when you show them how it is bad for the program overall,  it doesn't seem to bother them one bit.

Maybe we should play Rice and SMU again. Of course, that would hurt our RPI and we'd have nothing to gain by doing it...but what the hell...tradition right?

Thank You Arti- Wild Bill Hog is certainly locked in his own little world of the past but maybe they can scatter his  ashes on the deadweight, antiquated stadium in LR. I will drive down to see that and up my donations to the foundation as well. Win, win for all.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

The Marmot

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 03:50:07 pm
LOL.  Your tax dollars are pretty much going to be wasted however the government decides to spend them.

True, but I'm not going to ask a congressman to specifically waste it.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

LZH

Quote from: 99toLife on August 19, 2010, 03:53:49 pm
As someone posted earlier you don't hear fans of teams like Nebraska whining about playing home games off campus so they won't have to drive so far...and they have sold out every home game since 1962 that's 48 YEARS in a row...They travel to the games from all over Nebraska and make it an event....WMS is not the home of the Razorbacks, I can't believe how many apparently lazy and or poor hog fans there are, save your pennies and support your Hogs on their own turf and forget about that dump in little rock....

Omaha is about an hour or so from Lincoln...and those two cities' metro areas consist of about 3/4 of the state's population.  And while I agree that WMS is a dump, NWA apparently needs central Arkansas, 'cause RRS rarely sells out.  Excuse me now while I go back to being poor and lazy.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: aristotle on August 19, 2010, 03:51:27 pm

Fail.  I'm not one of the ones saying I won't go to X Stadium to see the Hogs play.  Are you?  The people saying that are the fans of convenience.

Inhogswetrust

Slice it, dice it, wrap it, put it on a pole and wave it - whatever and however you package it, the bottom line is you are a "Hog fan" in NWA that won't drive to LR to support the Hogs in person.  That's all I ever said.  You agreed with it.  Period - end of story.
No you slice it and dice it on your end. There are just as many there that don't drive to Fayetteville! This was covered a LONG time ago when all this feces first started years ago. Are you Rip Van Winkle and just woke up and don't know what's happened over the years? Why are you trying to start up the GSD again?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 04:02:57 pm
True, but I'm not going to ask a congressman to specifically waste it.

You won't have to - they'll do it on their own.

aristotle

Quote from: LedZepHog on August 19, 2010, 04:05:23 pm
Omaha is about an hour or so from Lincoln...and those two cities' metro areas consist of about 3/4 of the state's population.  And while I agree that WMS is a dump, NWA apparently needs central Arkansas, 'cause RRS rarely sells out.  Excuse me now while I go back to being poor and lazy.

So let's add on to WMS and continue to lose money there? That's why NWA "needs" central Arkansas?

Again, the arguments for WMS make no rational sense.

GolfnHog

You're excused.  but realize that many of those fans travel from Kansas City, Denver and western parts of the state to attend the games in Lincoln and never bat an eye on the hours driven. The young lady that works in the office next to me travels 7-9 hours everytime Nebraska plays in Lincoln and grew up in Nebraska 5 hours away and she doesn't understand how in the world a state the size of AR would even have two stadiums in this day and age. But what the hell does she know, she's only from Nebraska!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

aristotle

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 04:09:03 pm
Fail.  I'm not one of the ones saying I won't go to X Stadium to see the Hogs play.  Are you?  The people saying that are the fans of convenience.

I never said I won't go there. I said WE LOSE MONEY TO PLAY GAMES THERE, THEREFORE IT IS NEGATIVE FOR THE PROGRAM

Take the rationale out further...folks who support playing there, support the negative effect it has on our program, whether intentionally ( I don't think any fan wants to hurt the program ) or not.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 19, 2010, 04:09:42 pm
No you slice it and dice it on your end. There are just as many there that don't drive to Fayetteville! This was covered a LONG time ago when all this feces first started years ago. Are you Rip Van Winkle and just woke up and don't know what's happened over the years? Why are you trying to start up the GSD again?

DUDE!!  You're posting on Page 3 (still smaller than most) of probably the 1,999th GSD thread.  Turn on your GPS.  You are totally lost.  Can you remember what you were doing before you found yourself here?

99toLife

Exactly, Evidently There are not enough Hog fans that can fill it, why is that?  It sounds like to me there are plenty of So called fans, yet they don't want to drive to The Hogs home field and pay to see the games... Sounds poor and or Lazy to me....

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: aristotle on August 19, 2010, 04:14:16 pm
I never said I won't go there. I said WE LOSE MONEY TO PLAY GAMES THERE, THEREFORE IT IS NEGATIVE FOR THE PROGRAM

Take the rationale out further...folks who support playing there, support the negative effect it has on our program, whether intentionally ( I don't think any fan wants to hurt the program ) or not.

There are several who have posted they won't come to LR to support the Hogs at a game played there.  I couldn't remember if you were one of them or not, so I asked.  Those who won't make the drive because the game isn't in their front yard are the fans of convenience.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 99toLife on August 19, 2010, 04:15:39 pm
Exactly, Evidently There are not enough Hog fans that can fill it, why is that?  It sounds like to me there are plenty of So called fans, yet they don't want to drive to The Hogs home field and pay to see the games... Sounds poor and or Lazy to me....

The problem is NWA apathy.  If they won't go see the Hogs when they play at DWRRS, they sure won't drive to WMS to see them play.

LZH

Quote from: 99toLife on August 19, 2010, 04:15:39 pm

No argument on that point from me.

GolfnHog

Not until such time they do something with the obese inconsiderate slob that takes my seats plus his.  The drive is not the issue, the product(even when the other coach was here) is not the problem, it's the GDF'n lack of being able to enjoy what I paid for without it being infringed on by some overweight Bubba/Bubbaette or Boudruex @ WMS. Do you [CENSORED] grasp that? Otherwise if I was there for 10 years and finally got fed up with it.  I couldn't move my seats through the RF so I decided to let someother Razorback fan be inconvenienced by the lack of Bubbas manners or his inability to join Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers.

aristotle

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 04:18:51 pm
There are several who have posted they won't come to LR to support the Hogs at a game played there.  I couldn't remember if you were one of them or not, so I asked.  Those who won't make the drive because the game isn't in their front yard are the fans of convenience.

Does that same logic apply to people who only go to LR games?

99toLife

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 04:19:59 pm
The problem is NWA apathy.  If they won't go see the Hogs when they play at DWRRS, they sure won't drive to WMS to see them play.

Only a handful of NWA folks say that, and besides it's an away game.  ;)

I think the apathy lies on everywhere else other than NWA, seems like the rest of the state is all mouth and no Do when it comes to actually supporting the Hogs from Fayetteville Arkansas.
I notice announcers on TV never say " out come the Razorbacks from Little Rock "...why is that!

nwarazfan

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 04:19:59 pm

It is only NWA's responsibility to fill up RRS?  Are you suggesting that only NWA attend games at RRS? 

Many Hog fans from places other than NWA have stopped attending games in WMS for various reasons one of which is no longer wanting to support an outdated and bad practice that they don't believe is best for the program any longer. 

It is hard to believe that after building a $7 million new press box and club seating area that its only use will be an occassional UCA or UAPB game and LR Catholic football after 2016.  Long will use the contract and its pending expiration as leverage to fleece support from the conditional supporters in LR like Stephens and they'll continue to find ways to make small improvements to WMS to stretch this practice out.

majestic

So, I gather there is some sort of rift between playing games in Fayetteville and Little Rock?  First I've heard of it.  What is the problem?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 03:46:18 pm
Well then call your congressman and tell him to introduce legislation requiring the state to fix 'er up.
Sorry I don't think that is the best use of our tax dollars! Other more pressing needs and even if the money was available I would ask him to spend it on campus.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dwight_K_Shrute

You know "hatgate" makes us look bad in some corners now.

Wait tit the national press gets a hold of this.

"Arkies post petition asking that a 10 ton pile of $%^T in Little Rock be enlarged to 20 tons so more people can smell it"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

trippigs

I enjoy WMS games and hope the stadium is renovated and enlarged. State money works for me as this would at least be a tangible expense. Private money is even betta. Not interested in the petition.

Johnny America

God is not real.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 19, 2010, 04:09:42 pm

The line in bold has never been proven to be true so don't be stating it as fact. If I were a betting man (I'm not), I'd lay a very large wager that if a study was done, it would show that there are far more fans who drive from other parts of the state to Fayetteville for Hog games than there are NWA Hog fans who travel to WMS for Hog games.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

majestic

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 19, 2010, 06:14:15 pm
The line in bold has never been proven to be true so don't be stating it as fact. If I were a betting man (I'm not), I'd lay a very large wager that if a study was done, it would show that there are far more fans who drive from other parts of the state to Fayetteville for Hog games than there are NWA Hog fans who travel to WMS for Hog games.

You have to be delusional, every post you make reinforces it.   
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Arkiebrian

Arkiebrian

So?  That's where the university is.  Petition UALR to start a football team.

GuvHog

Quote from: majestic on August 19, 2010, 06:37:45 pm
You have to be delusional, every post you make reinforces it.  

You're good at calling names. If you believe I'm wrong about this, bring on the facts, back them up with solid evidence, and prove me wrong.

Inhogswetrust

O.K. Maybe I didn't say it exactly right. I can see after rereading it where someone could interpret it as I meant it as fact. That is not the case. I meant it as an opinion. There was a study and data presented when all this first started that showed the numbers of people that had tickets to one venue or both venues. I believe it also showed where they lived geographically but can't be certain. I do remember it was interesting but I don't remember the raw numbers. That doesn't change the fact that WMS is a dump and costs the athletic department money (revenue unrealized) to play there. Like I've said I drive past LR on my way to games in RRS and prefer to do so and yes I have season tickets to both. What is really weird is in my section in WMS I'm one of only a couple of folks that have tickets to both. the rest only to WMS. In RRS it is just the opposite. Almost all have tickets to both and only a few strictly to the stadium there and probably at least half of the ones for both live up there. Just curious. I'm not trying to start anything else. I don't remember if you've ever said but where do you have tickets to?

The Marmot

Those who won't make the drive because the game isn't in their front yard are the fans of convenience.

Describes WMS supporters perfectly.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

1highhog

Who in their right mind just said that 25 million has already been donated toward this project????

98hogs

20,000 new seats...........Good maybe ASU and UCA can play there.  Razorbacks belong in Fayetteville

rwspear

I can't believe this crap is 4 pages long. Who is going to pay for this?

20,000 seats for WMS vs. 5,000 seats and a better locker room at Reynolds...

20,000 seats for WMS vs. 5,000 seats at Reynolds...

20,000 seats for WMS vs. 10 more footballs at Reynolds...

20,000 seats for WMS vs. a free hot dog for Jeff Long...

WMS loses in every scenario. Stop with this crap.

aristotle

The Razorback Football Program loses everytime we play a game in WMS.

hogsanity

You are either a fan, or you are not.  If you are only a fan because they play games in LR, you are not a fan.  If you can't afford to go to Fay, well, that sucks, life is hard.  If you can afford it, but won't make the drive, quit whining about " we need LR games ", YOU need LR games because YOU are lazy.  If it is about the tailgating, well you are hopeless. 

I am a fan.  I would love to have season tickets, but I have other things that I need to do wth my money.  I am still a fan.  I do not ask them to lower the prices.  I do not ask them to come play a game in Ft Smith.

The Program looses money when we play in LR.  If you have to pay rent and drive 200 miles, IT IS NOT A HOME GAME. 

People keep saying the program needs LR.  When, in reality it is LR that needs the program.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

nwarazfan

Quote from: 1highhog on August 20, 2010, 08:50:34 am
Who in their right mind just said that 25 million has already been donated toward this project????

I would guess GUV but you gave the qualification "in their right mind". 

EastexHawg

Those who won't make the drive because the game isn't in their front yard are the fans of convenience.

Are you really this dense?  What part of THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS IS LOCATED IN FAYETTEVILLE do you not understand?

The students attend classes in Fayetteville, not Little Rock.  So the students who have crappy old cars, who ride bicycles on campus, and who can simply walk to games in RRS instead of driving 3.5 hours to Little Rock for games are "fans of convenience"?

The football players themselves live in Fayetteville during the season.  What in the heck is a good reason why they should be hauled off 3.5 hours to play a "home" game when they have a much larger and much nicer stadium a few blocks away?

Answer:  There is no advantage for the students, the coaches, or the players.  The only advantage is for the selfish people who want the team to come to them so they don't have to drive so far, so they can get drunk on a golf course, and for all the other lame reasons why some of our fans insist on putting their interests above those of the program.

Johnny America

Quote from: hogsanity on August 20, 2010, 09:26:55 am
You are either a fan, or you are not.  If you are only a fan because they play games in LR, you are not a fan.  If you can't afford to go to Fay, well, that sucks, life is hard.  If you can afford it, but won't make the drive, quit whining about " we need LR games ", YOU need LR games because YOU are lazy.  If it is about the tailgating, well you are hopeless. 

I am a fan.  I would love to have season tickets, but I have other things that I need to do wth my money.  I am still a fan.  I do not ask them to lower the prices.  I do not ask them to come play a game in Ft Smith.

The Program looses money when we play in LR.  If you have to pay rent and drive 200 miles, IT IS NOT A HOME GAME. 

People keep saying the program needs LR.  When, in reality it is LR that needs the program.

Sweet baby Jesus this man is preaching the truth!!!
God is not real.

GuvHog

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 20, 2010, 09:34:06 am
I would guess GUV but you gave the qualification "in their right mind". 

I plead not guilty. That's something I haven't heard about. If true, I wonder who the donor was?

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 20, 2010, 12:28:47 pm
Are you really this dense?  What part of THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS IS LOCATED IN FAYETTEVILLE do you not understand?

The students attend classes in Fayetteville, not Little Rock.  So the students who have crappy old cars, who ride bicycles on campus, and who can simply walk to games in RRS instead of driving 3.5 hours to Little Rock for games are "fans of convenience"?

The football players themselves live in Fayetteville during the season.  What in the heck is a good reason why they should be hauled off 3.5 hours to play a "home" game when they have a much larger and much nicer stadium a few blocks away?

Answer:  There is no advantage for the students, the coaches, or the players.  The only advantage is for the selfish people who want the team to come to them so they don't have to drive so far, so they can get drunk on a golf course, and for all the other lame reasons why some of our fans insist on putting their interests above those of the program.

There are some people resistant to change.  They think that if something was true 20 years ago, it must still be true.  There are still members of the Flat Earth Society and those who believe the space program was all a Hollywood spoof.

For these people anecdotal evidence is all they need.  Anecdotal evidence is defined in the Wikipedia as follows:  The expression anecdotal evidence has two distinct meanings.  (1) Evidence in the form of an anecdote or hearsay is called anecdotal if there is doubt about its veracity; the evidence itself is considered untrustworthy.
(2) Evidence, which may itself be true and verifiable, used to deduce a conclusion which does not follow from it, usually by generalizing from an insufficient amount of evidence. For example "my grandfather smoked like a chimney and died healthy in a car crash at the age of 99" does not disprove the proposition that "smoking markedly increases the probability of cancer and heart disease at a relatively early age". In this case, the evidence may itself be true, but does not warrant the conclusion.

We tend to believe that everyone thinks the way we do and search for anecdotal evidence to back up our thoughts.  Therefore, this debate continues.

We are the only BCS school that does this. 
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: majestic on August 19, 2010, 05:21:58 pm
So, I gather there is some sort of rift between playing games in Fayetteville and Little Rock?  First I've heard of it.  What is the problem?

Everyone is getting their game faces on because THE SEASON is about to finally start.  A good hard GSD gets the ol' competitive juices flowing.  My guess is once this one runs its course, we'll jump into a black jersey contest.

Wild Bill Hog

TOM "tbw1"

Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

hogomatic

mods please merge this thread with the 18568798521 previous threads about this : )