Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a petition has been started to add 20,000 seats to WMS via petitionspot.

Started by dsims2k3, August 18, 2010, 10:42:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 01:12:54 pm
Nope games played in Arlington Nat'l weren't instrumental in building the Hog program to the level it is now.  WMS was.

And Frank Broyles was more responsible for building the Arkansas program than any person, thing, city...anything.

Do you support firing Petrino and bringing Frank back?  Having Petrino sit out two games a year so Broyles can coach?

There was a time when playing games in Little Rock was mutually beneficial and made sense...just as there may have been a time when Alabama thought it was a good idea to play home games in Legion Field in Birmingham.

But Bama doesn't do it any more.  No one does it any more.  And neither should the University of Arkansas.

Interstate highways...one stadium being enlarged and renovated while another has become outdated...airports...shifts in population density...you should really check all that has happened in the world in the last 30 to 50 years.

aristotle

Quote from: ADHog on August 19, 2010, 01:30:18 pm
They complain because they have to drive to see a game played 3.5 FROM CAMPUS! You all complain to drive to the Home of the Razorbacks, Fayetteville, where the campus is located! It'd be like LSU fans complaining about driving to Shreveport to watch a game, makes sense doesn't it. What wouldn't make sense would be the fans from Shreveport complaing about having to drive to Baton Rogue to watch a game.

Hopefully, by separating it like you did, folks will be able to see how ridiculous the argument is. But I doubt it.

I like to look at it in terms of us vs them ( ARK vs the rest of the SEC ). We are the bottom in revenues and we are trying to compete. Meanwhile, a faction of our fanbase wants to continue the disparity of revenue by still playing multiple games in WMS.

I just wish people could understand what is being sacrificed in the name of tradition and convenience. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: maumellebyrd on August 19, 2010, 11:38:03 am
I just still love all the NWA folks that HATE that we play games in the middle of our state.

Screw tradition, ALL WE CARE ABOUT IS THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TEH MONIES GIVE US ALL YOUR MONIES

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, there's just so much more room on Markham for people and parking than there is at the UA.  UA SUCKS for parking.  SUCKS.
College football is a Big business. It takes a lot of money. Deal with it! I grew up in Central Arkansas. Went to school at UA but am not a NWA folk. Where I work now is a 10 hour drive round trip to Fayetteville for ballgames. I drive right through LR on my way there and back!  I'm sorry it is such an inconvenience for you to find a parking spot in Fayetteville. That is true of 99.9% of college football stadiums. Deal with it. I walk almost 1 mile from my parking spot to the stadium there and love every minute of it because I'm going to see the hogs play. I'd walk 100 miles if necessary. Tradition you say. O.K. that is the same argument some people used for fighting the civil war as in our traditional southern lifestyle. That is a tradition that was stupid and was LONG overdue for stopping it. Or how about the tradition of wearing dress clothes to sporting events? They wore suits, dresses, etc. That tradition slowly faded away. Aren't you glad it did! This stupid "tradition" of 2 stadiums? It is time for it to fade away. Why do you think NO other school does it today. Lot's of other schools are "stuck" in non central locations of their states. There is ALWAYS an inconvenience factor to attend any event. Deal with it!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ArchitectHog

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

GuvHog

They complain because they have to drive to see a game played 3.5 FROM CAMPUS! You all complain to drive to the Home of the Razorbacks, Fayetteville, where the campus is located! It'd be like LSU fans complaining about driving to Shreveport to watch a game, makes sense doesn't it. What wouldn't make sense would be the fans from Shreveport complaing about having to drive to Baton Rogue to watch a game.

True because very few of them make the trip. According to some friends of ours who are rabid "in the know" LSU fans, 95%+ of the LSU fans who attend the games in Baton Rouge come from at or within a 100 mile radius.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 01:23:47 pm
Wow.

Never been in a GSD thread, huh?

Oh, yeah I have been in a lot.  Personally I absolutely love them.  How could you not?

Quote from: aristotle on August 19, 2010, 01:24:03 pm
Because the program loses out on ticket sales. We are playing "home games" off campus to appease a few rich power brokers and fans who don't want to be inconvenienced.

You know why nobody else in the country does it? Because it doesn't make financial sense. Why play games off campus to lose money when you can sell out your home stadium? Makes no sense.

Not to mention, WMS sucks. The actual stadium ( minus all your tradition, tailgating, and drunkeness ) sucks. It's a disgrace. And folks want to add seats? Are you kidding me?

Again, you are holding the program back if support playing at WMS. I can't say it any plainer. Smite me all you want.

Smiting is for sissies.

Quote from: hogsanity on August 19, 2010, 01:28:43 pm
There is no way someone who has been around here as long as you can actually believe that.

Get ready - here it comes - Link?

Seriously, games are going to be played in WMS at least until the contract expires (2016?).  None of the pushing, shoving, gouging, insulting, etc. that goes on in a GSD is going to change that.

The Marmot

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 19, 2010, 01:40:32 pm
True because very few of them make the trip. According to some friends of ours who are rabid "in the know" LSU fans, 95%+ of the LSU fans who attend the games in Baton Rouge come from at or within a 100 mile radius.

Yes, I'm sure they polled every fan attending the games as to where they are from.

Claiming to know something like that is ludicrous.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 01:25:42 pm
If you think more than a few people are thinking about veterans during a WMS game, much less during the drunken tailgating, you're fooling yourself.

Whereas all those attending in DWRRS are totally overcome with emotion and completely awed because they are physically on the campus of the University of Arkansas I suppose.  How so very sweet!

maumellebyrd

aristotle

Awe and emotion are great things. But this is about money. This is about competing in the SEC year in, year out. WMS is a detriment to the program because it ADDS to the space between the top tiers teams and the University of Arkansas.

You build a program on revenues and winning. Not coincidentally, they go hand in hand together.

The Marmot

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 01:50:09 pm
Whereas all those attending in DWRRS are totally overcome with emotion and completely awed because they are physically on the campus of the University of Arkansas I suppose.  How so very sweet!

Never said that.

Nice strawman though.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

aristotle

Quote from: maumellebyrd on August 19, 2010, 01:56:46 pm
Too many old people can't make that drive

Well, there is a thing called High Def Television. And with a DVR, you could even watch the Hogs while recording Matlock.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 01:58:23 pm
Never said that.

Nice strawman though.

My apologies.  Since you were knowledgeable of what all of the people attending a Hog game at WMS were thinking about, I just assumed you would know what all the people attending a Hog game in DWRRS were thinking as well.  That doggone assuming will get you most every time.

GuvHog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 01:42:42 pm
Yes, I'm sure they polled every fan attending the games as to where they are from.

Claiming to know something like that is ludicrous.

They got that number from LSU.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 01:16:30 pm
You need to do a little research. The ONLY people complaining about driving 2 or 3 hours to attend a Hog game are located in NWA.  Several have even posted on here that they refuse to do it.  Now you go look in the mirror.

Understand something, I quit going to LR because of the following:
1. Lack of adequate seating, i.e. obese folks overlapping into my seats that my donations and money paid for.
2. Continuing to buying tickets in LR is defeating the overall goal of helping the UofA athletic program becoming more financially sound as a overall SEC program. By continuing to purchase tickets in a decaying facility only adds to the systemic problems of WMS and does not give long term resolution to the demise of the facility.
3. I love to drive so that eliminates your "NWA people" argument and it also was an effective way to teach my daughter to drive on the highways when she obtained her license, thus it was a learning exprience for her and a family adventure with her behind the wheel.(Daytime driving only @ the time)
4. I look in the mirror and realize my choice is more about looking to the future versus keeping a "tradition" that has no viable reason for continuing.
5. It becomes a moot point to everyone after 2016. All games will be moved to the campus
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 19, 2010, 02:14:07 pm

Considering New Orleans is only 80 miles from Baton Rouge, Guv's statement stands a real good chance of being correct.

elviscat

hogsanity

Quote from: TxRzrbak on August 19, 2010, 02:17:58 pm
5. It becomes a moot point to everyone after 2016. All games will be moved to the campus

Doubt it.  I wont be shocked if they get an extension to 2020 with one ooc game, and a SEC game, but it won't be LSU automatically.  The Univ will reserve the right to choose the SEC game each year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ArchitectHog

The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TxRzrbak on August 19, 2010, 02:17:58 pm
Understand something, I quit going to LR because of the following:
1. Lack of adequate seating, i.e. obese folks overlapping into my seats that my donations and money paid for.
2. Continuing to buying tickets in LR is defeating the overall goal of helping the UofA athletic program becoming more financially sound as a overall SEC program. By continuing to purchase tickets in a decaying facility only adds to the systemic problems of WMS and does not give long term resolution to the demise of the facility.
3. I love to drive so that eliminates your "NWA people" argument and it also was an effective way to teach my daughter to drive on the highways when she obtained her license, thus it was a learning exprience for her and a family adventure with her behind the wheel.(Daytime driving only @ the time)
4. I look in the mirror and realize my choice is more about looking to the future versus keeping a "tradition" that has no viable reason for continuing.

Okay, so you're a pro-NWA fan that refuses to drive to LR to see the Hogs play.  No difference really.

The Marmot

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 19, 2010, 02:14:07 pm
And how would LSU know where everyone attending their games is from?

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 19, 2010, 02:22:51 pm
Doubt it.  I wont be shocked if they get an extension to 2020 with one ooc game, and a SEC game, but it won't be LSU automatically.  The Univ will reserve the right to choose the SEC game each year.

Dang it 'sanity.  You've gone and added 4 more years to the dadblame contract.

GuvHog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 02:25:59 pm

They know where to mail the tickets to.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 02:25:59 pm

Prison photos on file with the various law enforcement agencies.

aristotle

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 02:24:11 pm
Okay, so you're a pro-NWA fan that refuses to drive to LR to see the Hogs play.  No difference really.

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

There is a difference. Where's the campus? Which stadium brings the maximum amount of revenues to the program?

A big difference actually. 

ImissDale

Let me know when the petition comes out to tear down WMS and make all the games on the U OF A CAMPUS!!!!!

The Marmot

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 19, 2010, 02:27:55 pm
They know where to mail the tickets to.

Ah, and of course all those tickets are used solely by the buyers and not resold around the state and country.

Fact is, no one knows where everyone is from at any given sporting venue.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 19, 2010, 02:31:46 pm
Ah, and of course all those tickets are used solely by the buyers and not resold around the state and country.

Fact is, no one knows where everyone is from at any given sporting venue.

Not a fact, they know.

ArchitectHog

hogsanity

The supporters of playing at WMS could have more credibility if they DID NOT reference tailgating or tradition, or " The University belongs to the whole state " and would come up with some cold ahrd FACTS as to how playing in WMS HELPS THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

Those opposed to playing there can come up with FACTS as to what it costs the program to play there. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 19, 2010, 02:33:33 pm
Not a fact, they know.

The know who ordered the tickets, but they do not know who actually uses them. 

aristotle

Quote from: hogsanity on August 19, 2010, 02:34:49 pm
The supporters of playing at WMS could have more credibility if they DID NOT reference tailgating or tradition, or " The University belongs to the whole state " and would come up with some cold ahrd FACTS as to how playing in WMS HELPS THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

Those opposed to playing there can come up with FACTS as to what it costs the program to play there.

Good point, sanity. There is nothing beneficial to the Program to play there. In fact, it is our liability at this point. We need those revenues we are losing when we play there. We need them to compete with the likes of LSU, who ironically we haven't had the chance to play at our campus stadium.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: aristotle on August 19, 2010, 02:41:18 pm
Good point, sanity. There is nothing beneficial to the Program to play there. In fact, it is our liability at this point. We need those revenues we are losing when we play there. We need them to compete with the likes of LSU, who ironically we haven't had the chance to play at our campus stadium.

Wrong.  We have played LSU in F'ville.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 19, 2010, 02:35:37 pm
The know who ordered the tickets, but they do not know who actually uses them. 

They can use the tickets along with where the donations to buy those tickets came from and make a very accurate estimate.

ImissDale

Start a petition to have UALR field a football team and have them play in the that dump. This will give them an excuse to get drunk on that golf course.

hogsanity

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 02:43:56 pm
Wrong.  We have played LSU in F'ville.

Not in at least 13 years.  Definitly not since it was enlarged and upgraded. 

hogsanity

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 19, 2010, 02:44:51 pm
They can use the tickets along with where the donations to buy those tickets came from and make a very accurate estimate.

Umm, not if they sell them to someone, or give them to someone. 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on August 19, 2010, 03:12:15 pm
Not in at least 13 years.  Definitly not since it was enlarged and upgraded. 

I was responding to a post that said LSU has NEVER played on the U of A campus.

hogsanity

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 03:15:38 pm

I know, but I differentiate between old razorback stadium and after it was upgraded.

aristotle

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 03:15:38 pm

Sorry. I misspoke. Meant after the renovations.

Hogs-n-Roses

Wild Bill Hog

GolfnHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 02:24:11 pm

Apparently you missed the fact that the stadium and its seating are the problem, not the Hogs. Grab some reality WBH. I'll give you a simple analogy. I spent my  money as I please, however if I go to a restaruant and am seated next to the kitchen door or the  bathroom, regardless of how good the food or service is, if the ambience of the dining room is substandard I'm not returning and I had to drive there as well. It's not the product that is substandard, it's the physical facilities that make the evening the problem. Especially when I have other more improved options available.

Furthermore, I'm a Hog fan who just happens to live in NWA that wants to see the Hogs prosper in all areas and being financially prudent with monies that are available.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Tha Rocketman

I'm from Little Rock, I love the games here at War Memorial, but the stadium does not need to be expanded! 

Now if they want to mow it down and rebuild it, I would be down for that.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TxRzrbak on August 19, 2010, 03:33:31 pm

Apparently you missed the fact that the stadium and its seating are the problem, not the Hogs. Grab some reality WBH. I'll give you a simple analogy. I spent my  money as I please, however if I go to a restaruant and am seated next to the kitchen door or the  bathroom, regardless of how good the food or service is, if the ambience of the dining room is substandard I'm not returning and I had to drive there as well. It's not the product that is substandard, it's the physical facilities that make the evening the problem. Especially when I have other more improved options available.

Furthermore, I'm a Hog fan who just happens to live in NWA that wants to see the Hogs prosper in all areas and being financially prudent with monies that are available.

Slice it, dice it, wrap it, put it on a pole and wave it - whatever and however you package it, the bottom line is you are a "Hog fan" in NWA that won't drive to LR to support the Hogs in person.  That's all I ever said.  You agreed with it.  Period - end of story.

Inhogswetrust

They complain because they have to drive to see a game played 3.5 FROM CAMPUS!
And then play in a crappy stadium that is an embarrassment to the program and state as well.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 19, 2010, 03:44:38 pm
And then play in a crappy stadium that is an embarrassment to the program and state as well.

Well then call your congressman and tell him to introduce legislation requiring the state to fix 'er up.

LZH

What if, and I know this is fantasy...but what if Corporation X (Wal Mart, whomever) built a state-of-the-art Jerry-World type stadium in LR, would there still be this non-LR sentiment?

The Marmot

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 03:46:18 pm
Well then call your congressman and tell him to introduce legislation requiring the state to fix 'er up.

Why would I want my tax dollars wasted like that?

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Great Hambino

I havent read this thread, and I wont, but is there a petition to tear down WMS? PM me. :)