Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I really don't want to over react but..

Started by Turminator, October 22, 2016, 09:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Turminator

October 22, 2016, 09:05:42 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:16:22 pm by Turminator
56-3 honestly FCS teams put up more of a fight.  Think about it..............  they DO.

The  coaching desisions are perplexing.  Down 21-0 with 14 min to go in the second quarter and you have a 4th and 1 and they punt? 

Then 60 seconds to go a half with time outs and run twice ....  waste 45 seconds and then call a pass to try for a FG.    I just don't understand what they are doing.

heck Last week at halh waste the clock before half get booed  then call a lasr second time out and throw a 55 yand hail mary?   just don't understand.

Danny J

Pigsknuckles

I didn't realize that we were scheduled as a mid season OOC cupcake for Auburn.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Turminator on October 22, 2016, 09:05:42 pm
56-3 honestly FBS teams put up more of a fight.  Think about it..............  they DO.

The  coaching desisions are perplexing.  Down 21-0 with 14 min to go in the second quarter and you have a 4th and 1 and they punt? 

Then 60 seconds to go a half with time outs and run twice ....  waste 45 seconds and then call a pass to try for a FG.    I just don't understand what they are doing.

heck Last week at halh waste the clock before half get booed  then call a lasr second time out and throw a 55 yand hail mary?   just don't understand.

Well I wish we would have had AU's focus they put on FCS opponents vs Gus on Arkansas.  I do believe after the past couple of seasons, we are getting focused SEC opponents especially Bama, OM and AU.  All 3 looked very prepared and motivated for us.  Combine that with an awful prep and effort on our part and we got that epic beating. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Deeznutts

Bad football team with bad coaching and a tough QB.

DeltaBoy

Gus said he was still mad about losing the game last year and he did not pull the dogs off.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jcul28

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 22, 2016, 09:14:29 pm
Gus said he was still mad about losing the game last year and he did not pull the dogs off.

Didn't pull the dogs off. They grabbed 2 running backs out of the stands....

popcornhog

Quote from: Turminator on October 22, 2016, 09:05:42 pm
56-3 honestly FCS teams put up more of a fight.  Think about it..............  they DO.

4th and 1 in your own territory when you can't run the ball at all -- going for it would be the stupid call. There was PLENTY to complain about tonight. Not that call, though.
WPS

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Turminator

Quote from: popcornhog on October 22, 2016, 09:17:55 pm
4th and 1 in your own territory when you can't run the ball at all -- going for it would be the stupid call. There was PLENTY to complain about tonight. Not that call, though.
Well he tried it once..  they got the time out.   Then he lost the nerve, I think the initial reaction.was the right call the game is already out of hand.  You need a drastic measure