Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My preseason prediction was 8-4 or 7-5

Started by East TN HAWG, October 22, 2016, 08:47:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

East TN HAWG

We are exactly where I thought we would be overall.  I thought we would beat AM and Aubbie, but lose to OM and TCU.  Most people thought we would be somewhere around this mark.   

This loss was bad, but we don't need to jump off a cliff.  Our program is improving each season.  The overall records prove it.  We have some major areas for improvement, but firing CBB is not the answer.  One of LSU, Texas, ND will take Herman.  The others will get an assist or a middle tier schools head coach. 

The entire machine is not broken.  We have parts that could be improved.  Fix the parts that are broken. CBB sent Ash, Jennings and Chenny packing.  I suspect at least Smith will be gone.   Ask UGA how replacing their coach is working out.

RazorPiggie

Mine too. I still think we can win out given that are two hardest games are at home and those offenses are similar as ours. No gimmicky BS.

hogcard1964

This game killed us and Beilema lost the team tonight.  We'll finish 5-7 now or 6-6.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TNhawgfan

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 22, 2016, 08:49:02 pm
Mine too. I still think we can win out given that are two hardest games are at home and those offenses are similar as ours. No gimmicky BS.
There is nothing gimmicky about running for 500 yards. We knew what was coming and couldn't stop it
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 22, 2016, 08:50:30 pm
This game killed us and Beilema lost the team tonight.  We'll finish 5-7 now or 6-6.

Middle Tennessee State beat Mizzou today.

hogcard1964

East TN HAWG

We should beat MS St and MO. If we can split between FL and LSU that's 8 wins.  Right where most people thought we would be before the season started.

justasportsfan

All this is well and good, but is this all we can ever expect?  Seriously?

SpeedyHog

Call Me Trumpton.

hogcard1964

Quote from: justasportsfan on October 22, 2016, 08:55:59 pm

Yep, this is Bielema.

hogginbama

Massive program redesign takes time. Showing positive growth from one year to the next is  sign of betterment that all organizations seek and grade themselves by. If we get stagnant at yr 5, 6 & 7, then that is the time for change.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

justasportsfan

Quote from: hogginbama on October 22, 2016, 08:59:35 pm
Massive program redesign takes time. Showing positive growth from one year to the next is  sign of betterment that all organizations seek and grade themselves by. If we get stagnant at yr 5, 6 & 7, then that is the time for change.

Tonight was positive?  No sign of regression in the fundamentals?

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogginbama on October 22, 2016, 08:59:35 pm

We're worse this year than we were last year and probably the prior year.

East TN HAWG

I heard Saban discribe the procees as climbing a mountain today.  There are very few quick fixes.  When CBB took over, we were in horrible shape.  We are digging out of the hole.  This generation wants instant gratification.  Truth is that rarely happens. 

Look at the last couple of decades leading up to this.  Every couple of years was a 4-7 season.  We are rebuilding this year and we are looking at a 7 or 8 win season.

Its obvious we have issues, but they are not as bad as this meltdown leads you to believe.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 22, 2016, 08:49:02 pm

You really consider it gimmicky for a team to line up and run for over 500right down your throat?

You're seriously jaded...I understand man.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Hogsmo Kramer

He's not a good coach.

He won't be fired right away, and will likely stick around another 2 years, but he's not a good coach, and I actually like the guy.

Is what it is though.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

NuttinItUp

Our record the last 3 years:
3-9
7-6
8-5

If we can get to 9-4 this year, it would be another improvement.

hogcard1964

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 22, 2016, 09:10:37 pm
Our record the last 3 years:
3-9
7-6
8-5

If we can get to 9-4 this year, it would be another improvement.

He won't win 8 this year.  He may not even win 7.