Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe there is a bright side....

Started by The Kig, October 22, 2016, 08:02:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kig

After giving up almost 500 (and counting) yards rushing, there will be nowhere to hide.  This average team just "Fred Talley'd" us.

Questions that didn't get answered in beating Ole Miss, where we were falsely lured into believing that the OL had suddenly found a clue will need answers with getting AA hurt.  The compete dismantling of our run defense, which had been terrible already, will require something to change...not sure if it's coaching, personnel or what I suspect to be both.

We have to face the fact that is doesn't matter who's fault it is, our OL and entire Defense need an overhaul.  We have some playmakers on both sides of the ball that will not have a chance to shine due to glaring weaknesses.  I am not calling for coaches to be fired (which may be the answer, but I am not qualified to make that decision), but this game cannot simply be glossed over.  We just handed the rest of our schedule to blueprints to beating us...
Poker Porker

Tejano Jawg

I hear you. Was our best play our first play of the game?...Rawleigh for about 6?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

The Kig

Hard to say... It would have to be an offensive play because there were ZERO defensive highlights. 

Even as I type, they just scored on another long run.  The announcers said, "this is just getting silly" and "it's up to Arkansas to stop them and they weren't able to do it". 
Poker Porker

clew

McFain's 54yd field goal was the best play of the game.
Pure as the dawn

The Kig

Quote from: clew on October 22, 2016, 08:37:57 pm
McFain's 54yd field goal was the best play of the game.

And...the ONLY score. Prevented a shutout.  Definitely play of the game. 
Poker Porker

buldozer

There was NO positives in this game... period. The hogs performance was awful and coaching must be blamed for a performance like that. No other explanation exist.

Rayzback

The Kicker the coaches belived to be our second best, wasn't. There's that.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Gonzo

Bright side - In case I can go to either Florida or LSU games, might be able to get better room rates :)

Tonight sucked, yeah, oh well, the home games should be better, all Hog either way

Go Hogs! Beat Florida!

Snouty

The bright side is we don't have to play Auburn again this year.