Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NM State is putting up some points - trap game?

Started by twistitup, September 25, 2017, 07:12:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried after NM St. beat UTEP and almost beat Ariz St?

Yes
62 (44.3%)
No
57 (40.7%)
FP
21 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 140

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PorkSoda

if we lose to NMst CBB should just retire after the game.

I can't even fathom the concept.  that is worse than losing to ULM, Toledo, Rutgers, etc. they are practically an FCS team.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 25, 2017, 07:16:09 pm
if we lose to NMst CBB should just retire after the game.

I can't even fathom the concept.  that is worse than losing to ULM, Toledo, Rutgers, etc. they are practically an FCS team.

Their qb looks solid....lots of receiving threats. They come in with a 'us against the world' mentality - who knows what happens. We better beat them!

They ARE from Las Cruces, NM - don't count 'em out

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 07:17:55 pm
Their qb looks solid....lots of receiving threats. They come in with a 'us against the world' mentality - who knows what happens. We better beat them!
I don't know how we are going to get to 6 wins as it is.  my 7 win prediction just lost 2 that I was counting on.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Calling All Hogs

We are not a good enough football team to have trap games.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 25, 2017, 07:41:06 pm
True, we have no business taking any games for granted.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rzrbkman

Arizona St. has give up a lot of points to all of their opponents. NMSU also lost to Troy at home.

hawgmasta

twistitup

Quote from: rzrbkman on September 25, 2017, 08:12:54 pm
Arizona St. has give up a lot of points to all of their opponents. NMSU also lost to Troy at home.

Our D isn't exactly hitting on all cylinders...we also have injuries and inexperience on that side of the ball.

A little worrisome...

jkstock04

They won't be a pushover. We will have to come ready to play.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Yamahog

rzrbkman

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 08:18:10 pm
Our D isn't exactly hitting on all cylinders...we also have injuries and inexperience on that side of the ball.

A little worrisome...

Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith Show would not even be worried about this game, and she used to worry about everything.

twistitup

Quote from: rzrbkman on September 25, 2017, 08:30:12 pm
Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith Show would not even be worried about this game, and she used to worry about everything.

What about Aunt Esther from Sanford and Sons? She would not let us get away with taking this game lightly.

Etowah

I am with Aunt Bea.

Y'all ain't really worried about this game are you?

Our 3rd team would win by 3 touchdowns

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

bphi11ips

You may hit a speed trap on the way to the game.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

welchog

Seebs

I don't believe you know what the term Trap Game means. You believe this team is looking past anyone?

Time to cut down on the same type of posts.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

We just saw Okie Lite get beat by a hungry team with a good attitude and refusing to quit.  Our mental state is what worries me.  Our players need to be inside looking at film, seeing what they did wrong, hearing real ways to correct it, looking at film of NMSU and learning what they can do to slow them down on O and beat them with our O.  Every second up to game time needs to be about our mental state and how to mend it.  If we are mentally ready, we will win without even taking the field for practice this week.  Of course, this isn't going to happen.

twistitup

Quote from: Seebs on September 26, 2017, 06:45:10 am
I don't believe you know what the term Trap Game means. You believe this team is looking past anyone?

Time to cut down on the same type of posts.

Yes, I believe all SEC teams take these types of games lightly - they look at them as a 'tune up' game....could be a mistake here

RagingHawgOn

HotlantaHog

It's an 11 a.m. game with a less than full stadium and crowd that won't be too pumped up. But NM State will presumably be pumped up. Have no idea how good they are. I figure the Hogs will win by 20 -- but that is exactly the feeling I had before ULM and Akron and some others...

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 07:12:36 pm
This team just put up major points against UTEP and almost beat Ariz St. -

Is this a trap game?

I think so....but hope not.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaaf/asu/2017/09/01/asu-underwhelms-opening-37-31-win-over-new-mexico-state/624091001/

They will test us through the air

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/166/new-mexico-state-aggies

The Hogs blow this game and Bret set gets thermonuclear hot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: 12247 on September 26, 2017, 07:12:58 am
We just saw Okie Lite get beat by a hungry team with a good attitude and refusing to quit.  Our mental state is what worries me.  Our players need to be inside looking at film, seeing what they did wrong, hearing real ways to correct it, looking at film of NMSU and learning what they can do to slow them down on O and beat them with our O.  Every second up to game time needs to be about our mental state and how to mend it.  If we are mentally ready, we will win without even taking the field for practice this week.  Of course, this isn't going to happen.

I can get onboard with your post "12247".  Being mentally prepared is key.  I know they're fired up to get put some numbers in "W" column.  Hopefully CBB is more hands on with the OL and CDE is staying creative with play calling. The glaring thing is the defense going into this weekend and what scheme is CPR dialing up to stop NMST aerial attack.  Twistitup said NMST has a pretty good offense (passing wise) so the DL will need to get to QB fast and the DB's need to stay in position for PBU's and INTs.  I can say this will give the Hogs some serious much needed momentum.

bphi11ips

Quote from: 12247 on September 26, 2017, 07:12:58 am

Bad analogy.  We saw Oklahoma State get beat by a better team.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Pigsknuckles

Don't anyone hyperventilate, but the best thing that could happen Saturday would be for NM to scare the crap out of us.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hawganatic

Count on some assistants to be shown the door if we drop this game.  BB did it three games into the season with Markuson a few years ago at WI, when the season started slow. 

Maybe we can get a pool going to see which one will be let go first...

1highhog

This game is one of the 4 must win games I have us needing to win to salvage any kind of season so I'm hoping we can upset the Aggies of New Mexico this Saturday.

twistitup

logic

It is not possible for Arkansas to lose this game because they will be angry over the loss to Tex A&M.  Therefore, Arkansas will play hard and difference in talent is far too great.

Bacons Rebellion

If we had won in OT it would be a trap game. Now it is not.

twistitup

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: twistitup on September 25, 2017, 07:17:55 pm

They ARE from Las Cruces, NM - don't count 'em out

Real question is, are they traveling by bus?  If so, they will be tired and we can wear them out.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

twistitup

TrueBlue

Quote from: Etowah on September 25, 2017, 08:44:37 pm
I am with Aunt Bea.

Y'all ain't really worried about this game are you?

Our 3rd team would win by 3 touchdowns

Our "3rd team" would lose to Bentonville HS.

The Hogfather

New Mexico State is good.  We cannot overlook this team.

oldhog63

I think we will rush 3 and get picked apart to make for a closer game than expected.

longpig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2017, 09:21:08 am
The Hogs blow this game and Bret set gets thermonuclear hot.

^^^You heard it here first peoples^^^
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 25, 2017, 07:41:06 pm

Unfortunately, this was my immediate thought after reading the thread title

BroyledNutts

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2017, 10:55:19 am
Remember Toledo !!!!!!!

Absolutely this ... It would not be wise for a marginal Razorback team to get over confident or underwhelmed about NMSU. Arkansas has a small history of losing games like this...the 11am start time adds to the concern.

Sanctified Swine

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

MissippHog

Quote from: twistitup on September 26, 2017, 10:24:00 am
Im saying we see a similar game to La Tech a season or two ago...nailbiter

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400868970
And what gives you that feeling?  Traditionally, La Tech has been a much better program than NMSU.  And you're acting like there's a 4-0 Aggie team rolling in here on Saturday. 

Look, we got beat by a coach (Sumlin) that A) has Bret's number and B) has better players.  Our other loss is to, quite simply, a better team (and better coach for that matter.)  Nothing points to NMSU coming in our house and having any real chance at winning.

al_pigcino

They play App State next weekend.  I think it is a trap game.........for them. 

RazorChuck

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 27, 2017, 07:54:14 am
They play App State next weekend.  I think it is a trap game.........for them. 

We may have a chance for a victory here, if they are looking ahead to App State.