Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missing sam pittman

Started by PrimHawg, September 25, 2017, 11:48:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secfan30

Finally something we all can agree on.

PrimHawg

The stats are telling. We go from a national standard to bottom of the barrel. Bielema hasn't replaced the coaches or the players he needs to win in this league.

regi

I mean you replace one of the best in CFB for the last 20 years, with a guy who was at Indiana St, and EMU, before becoming a guy who monitored mandatory weight room days and got Rex Ryan donuts. What could go wrong.

Seebs

So is Brown's Country Kitchen ... check that, Andersen picked up that slack nicely.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

grayhawg

Sam Pittman is a good coach but with is baggage(Chaney) glad he is gone.

onebadrubi

Pittman had his down falls as well.   He was pulling in one top ranked guy and a maybe one or two other mid tier ranked guys.  He wasn't getting us the numbers of o line we needed to really get the o line program going.

Also, people forget, while he was here we weren't getting oline push on short yardage plays.  We whiffed on many redzone, 3rd and short, and 4th short chances because of no push.  BA also was getting hit often or rushed out of the pocket. 

hawgon

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 26, 2017, 08:35:36 am

Also, people forget, while he was here we weren't getting oline push on short yardage plays.  We whiffed on many redzone, 3rd and short, and 4th short chances because of no push.  BA also was getting hit often or rushed out of the pocket.

Well, that has all improved a lot hasn't it...

smb

Quote from: grayhawg on September 26, 2017, 07:16:12 am
Who's rank in the top 10 oh yea Georgia is.
GeorgiaHOG

Pork Ranger

I'm curious about Partridge. Does anyone think Coach B tried to get him to come back last year? He's DL coach at Pittsburgh

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 08:37:29 am
Well, that has all improved a lot hasn't it...

Nope, and I didn't say it has.  But if the results are the same, are we really missing him?

smb

Pittman had his down falls as well.   He was pulling in one top ranked guy and a maybe one or two other mid tier ranked guys.  He wasn't getting us the numbers of o line we needed to really get the o line program going.

Yup Georgia is just crying about their offensive line.
GeorgiaHOG

go hogues

Quote from: secfan30 on September 26, 2017, 12:00:26 am
Finally something we all can agree on.
gchamblee and hogsanity will be along soon to refute.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

jrulz83

The current offensive line situation is what happens when you replace a professional with a drinking buddy.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

nwahogfan1

I agree.  Our OL was experiencing a down ward spiral when Pittman left.  Like you said we had no depth because he would whiff on his top 4 Studs, maybe get one every 2 years and then fill the other slots with 2 or 3 star kids. 

BUT Anderson is not the answer.   Why does CBB go after Assistant coaches who do not have resumes of coaching at the Elite levels?  I think maybe the word is out that he is to coach under and does not let you coach your way.  The best Assistants want freedom and if you get the best then leave them alone.

hawgon

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 26, 2017, 08:40:17 am
Nope, and I didn't say it has.  But if the results are the same, are we really missing him?

Well, despite your claims to the contrary, wasn't it in 2014 when we gave up only 12 or 14 sacks in the entire season?  That's about the total for two games with Anderson, so yeah, I'd say we're missing him.

go hogues

Quote from: Seebs on September 26, 2017, 06:46:06 am
So is Brown's Country Kitchen ... check that, Andersen picked up that slack nicely.
In all seriousness. Anderson is scary big, like, morbidly obese.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogwild

Which team leads the nation in scoring defense? Think we could hire their DC?  ;)

widespreadsooie

Don't think Anderson makes it thru the rest of the season.

onebadrubi

Who was the GA that worked under Bielema and Pittman early on that ended up LSU staff?

jkstock04

Our O-line was overrated with Pittman as well. We were more organized then and had more of an identity...but I still remember vividly the whippings quick D-linemen gave us.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 08:44:41 am
Well, despite your claims to the contrary, wasn't it in 2014 when we gave up only 12 or 14 sacks in the entire season?  That's about the total for two games with Anderson, so yeah, I'd say we're missing him.
Well, to be fair, Brandon Allen had a lot to do with that. He had no problem throwing the ball away. If Austin did the same, the number of sacks would probably be cut in half or close to it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

lasthog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 26, 2017, 09:14:40 am

There was discussion last year that Smith might not be fired even though the hogs defense was the worst in modern history. Many felt it was not open to question, and my little contribution was that, just as when the Titanic took on water in certain compartments it became a mathematical certainty it would sink, Smith was just as surely gone.

Looking at the o-line numbers under Anderson, I believe the tipping point has almost, almost, been reached. Only major improvement very soon, as in now and for the rest of the season, can save him.

As far as his weight, how can it not be an impediment to his working with his guys on the field? Can he even demonstrate technique he is attempting to teach?

This is not a personal attack; how he decides to live his life is his business, but this goes to how it must affect his job performance.

Many jobs require a certain degree of physical fitness to perform.

davehog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 26, 2017, 09:14:40 am

To me, this is the most interesting thing for me to watch this season.  CBB is a CEO type head coach. I'm good with that and think that's the type of head coach we need BUT as a CEO you have to be prepared to make the tough decision. 

He did it with Chaney (and it was the right decision IMO) with the gamble that he could hold on to Pittman.  Didn't work out.  He should have had a better plan B. 

The core of what is wrong with the Razorbacks is the offensive line.  Fix that and everything else comes together.  Win the time of possession, defense gets to play differently because they aren't gassed, running game works when we have a lead in the 4th Qtr. 

CBB knows this.  Will he make the tough decision and get rid of that position coach or will he get stubborn and HDN-like and let personal relationships outweigh the greater good of the program? 

Pigsknuckles

Shoot...I'm missing Willy (other side of the ball).
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Etowah

We just scored 43 points and lost.  We scored only 7 the week before and lost.  We missed two chip shot field goals last week and lost.  We let A and M return a kickoff this past week and lost.

Point...we have other problems as well.  Fixing the o line would be good...but it is like when one thing gets fixed another springs a leak. 

From week to week it is something different.

regi

Quote from: jrulz83 on September 26, 2017, 08:42:56 am
The current offensive line situation is what happens when you replace a professional with a drinking buddy.

I mean, so much truth to this. Just compare the two resume's, it is a mismatch, and makes no sense to make this move, unless, you want your friend in fat to come along for the ride and you trust Rex Ryan's recommendation.

farmhawg

Quote from: regi on September 26, 2017, 01:19:59 am
I mean you replace one of the best in CFB for the last 20 years, with a guy who was at Indiana St, and EMU, before becoming a guy who monitored mandatory weight room days and got Rex Ryan donuts. What could go wrong.
All the huggers on here said he was the reason for the problems. Guess they were wrong?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Etowah on September 26, 2017, 09:53:03 am
We just scored 43 points and lost.  We scored only 7 the week before and lost.  We missed two chip shot field goals last week and lost.  We let A and M return a kickoff this past week and lost.

Point...we have other problems as well.  Fixing the o line would be good...but it is like when one thing gets fixed another springs a leak. 

From week to week it is something different.
Exactly..there is just so much.  Where do you start?

RazorbackToTheFuture

farmhawg

Quote from: hog13hog on September 26, 2017, 10:37:21 pm

Fire Willy!
The stache would be disrespected to be even thought of as part of this staff. Far above this level.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: regi on September 26, 2017, 10:21:28 pm
I mean, so much truth to this. Just compare the two resume's, it is a mismatch, and makes no sense to make this move, unless, you want your friend in fat to come along for the ride and you trust Rex Ryan's recommendation.

Why were we continually stuffed on short yardage situations?  Why did we fail to punch it in at the goal line even with Pittman?  BA had to sling the ball out of bounds often, fans cried about him doing that and wanted him to try to fit it in and make things happen...fast forward to now.... and we have that with aA and they wish him to just throw it away.   

In reality, not much as changed in our o line since Bielema got here.  But that does let fit many of your narrow minded types.

WaltonCollege

We miss him more than petrino misses hitting Ronnie Wingo on a wheel route man. Our O line used to be feared and featured every week as the biggest in football just like his Wisconsin days, gave up 1 sack a game so solid so clutch (I know we passed less, but if we pass so much more now shouldn't we be better at pass pro?) either way we went from top of the league to bottom - stats don't lie. Kirk and Skipper were gruden grinders, need more grinders.

HogFoo

Yes. We are missing Pittman.  Make no mistake about it.  I have mentioned it sooo many times in other threads. The OLine coach is the absolute most important coach on a Bielema team!  We lost who many think was the #1 coach/recruiter.  We then replace him with a guy who had 7games exp for the bills!?!? A complete unknown!  I'm a Bielema guy and this hire still baffles me!  I mean, I've heard people argue that we tried to hire 1 or 2 guys and they didn't come.  Etc..etc..  well ya know what I say to that, we get a list of the top 50 OLine coache/recruiters and we go down that list and start from the top! We offer to pay them whatever it takes!  Literally whatever it takes. If the top guy still doesn't come. Next!  We do that until we hire our next OL guy!  ANY of those top 50guys who had YEARS of coaching under their belts, would be better than Anderson!  I'm sorry, he may be a nice guy, but we should have never taken a chance on a complete unknown!  It doesn't make sense!  This is the SEC, if you want to win you pay the big dollars and get the best possible hire!  Not what we have now!  Anderson needs to be released if not now, at the end of the season. Preferably before signing day so that a new guy could bring in possible recruits for the position! 

But yes, we definitely took steps back when Pittman left. I was just telling my buddy, I feel had Pittman not left, we'd been averaging 10wins already!  No joke!  But, he left and it was like we got sucked back down into mediocrity!  One step forward, 2 steps back!  It sucks! But, one thing we can do , I'd replace Anderson and right the ship immediately!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

JaketheSnake

Quote from: aussiehawg on September 26, 2017, 11:39:21 pm
From OP's link:

With Pittman:

2013: 8 sacks allowed, 0.67 per game (No. 3 nationally, No. 1 SEC)
2014: 14 sacks allowed, 1.08 per game (No. 13 nationally, No. 1 SEC)
2015: 14 sacks allowed, 1.08 per game (No. 9 nationally, No. 1 SEC)

Since Pittman left for Georgia:

2016: 35 sacks allowed, 2.69 per game (No. 103 nationally, No. 13 SEC)
2017: 11 sacks allowed through three games. Off to a worse start than last year's per game average.

BA was definitely better at not taking coverage sacks though.

AA has been holding the ball way too long at times.  His internal clock isn't ticking right, which is on Enos.  Anderson still needs to be gone as we are terrible in PP and only slightly better in run blocking.

HF#1

Quote from: grayhawg on September 26, 2017, 07:16:12 am

The combo has done a fine job at Georgia to this point. You have to think it was Bielema's lackluster recruiting and talent evaluation that caused them to not be successful here.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HF#1 on September 27, 2017, 06:56:13 am
The combo has done a fine job at Georgia to this point. You have to think it was Bielema's lackluster recruiting and talent evaluation that caused them to not be successful here.
Pittman was supposed to be that ace recruiter...

PrimHawg

Another example of how we lost coaches that helped us be competitive in the league. Randy Shannon and Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith overlapped on the staff in 2014, when the Razorbacks ranked 10th in the country in total defense.

When your 0-line is ranked #1 and defense is solid, you have the ability to be competitive.

This was the year we lost 13-14 to alabama and should have beat them.

Stats don't lie. Theses coaches made a difference in our program. We weren't winning the sec championship , but we looked like an sec team.Without them we have fallen dramatically. Bielema always boasted of hiring a top notch coaching staff, but he isn't getting that done now either.

He has let our coaching staff fall off and we have lost our recruiting ties all over sec territory. Result is the junior college product we see on the field.

arkfan81

September 27, 2017, 12:58:50 pm #39 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:12:46 pm by arkfan81
Oline on some plays looked lost and confused.. just a sample after reviewing the Texas am game..
Have faith...

IronHog

Quote from: aussiehawg on September 26, 2017, 11:39:21 pm
From OP's link:

With Pittman:

2013: 8 sacks allowed, 0.67 per game (No. 3 nationally, No. 1 SEC)
2014: 14 sacks allowed, 1.08 per game (No. 13 nationally, No. 1 SEC)
2015: 14 sacks allowed, 1.08 per game (No. 9 nationally, No. 1 SEC)

Since Pittman left for Georgia:

2016: 35 sacks allowed, 2.69 per game (No. 103 nationally, No. 13 SEC)
2017: 11 sacks allowed through three games. Off to a worse start than last year's per game average.

BA was definitely better at not taking coverage sacks though.

Pitman had some GOOD pass blocking lines....run game was fair.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

DeltaBoy

Randy Shannon should have been given the DC job since he had all those deep Fla recruiting ties.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

PrimHawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 27, 2017, 02:17:18 pm
Randy Shannon should have been given the DC job since he had all those deep Fla recruiting ties.

Yes, like alex collins for running back. It is easy to see what has happened to the program. Bielema doesn't have the coaches or connections to compete in the south eastern conference.

He is lost down here. Don't know how much longer he has but it's coming to an end. The next coach needs to be from this area of the country. We need an experienced coaching staff with ties to texas, florida, etc to get the players we need to be competitive.

Boarcephus

I can remember Bielema saying when Pittman left that he was the one that made him famous and he was the offensive line guru and in other words, Pittman wouldn't be missed.  Also said some other stuff about check his record at Wisconsin and it's a lot better than Saban's was at Michigan State.  If nothing else, he was not lacking in confidence when he said that.  Been kinda quite lately and so has his tweets. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 27, 2017, 12:58:50 pm
Oline on some plays looked lost and confused.. just a sample after reviewing the Texas am game..
That looks like the left side should allow the LT to pass the inside move off to the LG and then the LT pick up the C/OLB blitz.  That should keep a better pocket, but how that played out the pocket collapsed from the middle and AA has nowhere to go but back.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 27, 2017, 02:25:49 pm
I can remember Bielema saying when Pittman left that he was the one that made him famous and he was the offensive line guru and in other words, Pittman wouldn't be missed.  Also said some other stuff about check his record at Wisconsin and it's a lot better than Saban's was at Michigan State.  If nothing else, he was not lacking in confidence when he said that.  Been kinda quite lately and so has his tweets. 

His 50 dollar mouth has overload is 5 cent results.

PrimHawg

Perfectly stated. All that talk has come back to haunt him. Bielema talked himself up so much and the people responsible for what limited success our program had went other places.

311Hog

not getting Bostad Wis OL coach was a huge miss IMHO

WaltonCollege

Those screenshots are terrifying, but no some people still think Sam Pittman was bad, Kurt Anderson rocks!!!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: WaltonCollege on September 27, 2017, 02:34:17 pm
Those screenshots are terrifying, but no some people still think Sam Pittman was bad, Kurt Anderson rocks!!!
Pittman didnt produce at the level we were expecting.  He had just come from TN and had several NFL OL in just a couple years. 

Of course, no one has produced at the level we were expecting.